Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Probably because Sony don't bull$#@! us with a stupid "points" system.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Another downside is slow internet connections in third-world countries.
    3rd world country aka USA when it comes to broadband speed, capacity, caps, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Actually I think it'll be the generation after next (if there even is one), PC has pretty much already gotten most of its customers buying through Steam.
    They'll have to mimic the pricing structure that a place like Steam has. Otherwise, they can go to hell.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I addressed the pricing in the previous post, it needs to be better but they're improving on some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    gangsta_795
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Red Hot Chili PeppersAC/DCEvanescenceNirvanaSteamEA LogoDiablo IIINvidiaManchester UnitedLightningPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Actually I think it'll be the generation after next (if there even is one), PC has pretty much already gotten most of its customers buying through Steam.
    Oh there will be one.

Steam is an example of a perfect cloud based marketplace. If consoles can replicate that, it will certainly increase the number of digital buyers. But, like I said before, physical content will never be replaced completely.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    3rd world country aka USA when it comes to broadband speed, capacity, caps, etc.
    Lol? Apart from Europe, NA and Japan, most of the world has sub-par cable based broadband. This makes downloading games "whenever and wherever you need them" not as convenient as it sounds.
    [CENTER]You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push!

young rich and tasteless
    Items ChelseaPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_795 View Post
    Oh there will be one.

Steam is an example of a perfect cloud based marketplace. If consoles can replicate that, it will certainly increase the number of digital buyers. But, like I said before, physical content will never be replaced completely.

Lol? Apart from Europe, NA and Japan, most of the world has sub-par cable based broadband. This makes downloading games "whenever and wherever you need them" not as convenient as it sounds.
    His point is that the us ranks like 40 or so in worldwide terms for broadband quality and uptake. UK is around that mark as well. Then places like south Korea have like 100mb/s as standard.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life"

Quote Originally Posted by dc89 View Post
    If this makes time travel possible I'll go forward in time voluntarily to get my hands on CoD34 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They come out in the same year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawkk View Post
    I dont think i could take a dick, 1. im not gay and 2 one time i stuck my finger in my butt to see how it felt and i wasn't very pleased with the experience

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    My problem is that there is no guarantee that you will always be able to download these games years down the road. I have purchased a lot of PSN games and retail. Lets say 10 years from now Sony shuts down the PS3 server and I can no longer download all these games again. I still play old NES games I have laying around. Everything we are purchasing could one day be gone.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    My problem is that there is no guarantee that you will always be able to download these games years down the road. I have purchased a lot of PSN games and retail. Lets say 10 years from now Sony shuts down the PS3 server and I can no longer download all these games again. I still play old NES games I have laying around. Everything we are purchasing could one day be gone.
    Back your stuff up man, back it up.

There is no guarantee that MS will have our downloads available 10 years from now on XBL, no doubt. I don't know how that would work. I assume that as long as Microsoft is around, we will have access to those files. I assume the same will be true for Sony as well.

That said, I trust that Sony and MS will be here with our content longer than Valve will be with Steam content.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    That's my problem with downloads. Even though you buy it, it's not really "yours"
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I often think about that, but to keep your physical copies in working condition for so long can be a bit difficult aswell. Also I think it'll be awhile when we start worrying about that, and even if MS or Sony went under I think they should transfer those files to some other servers because people have bought those licenses and they should get to keep em.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That said, I trust that Sony and MS will be here with our content longer than Valve will be with Steam content.
    I don't really see what you're saying here. Steam seems to have been doing this longer than Sony and Microsoft. Furthermore, you don't need to be online all the time to play the games you purchased.

I welcome digital distribution with open arms on the PC because of how Valve handles Steam and treats their consumers with respect. However, with consoles, physical copies are more of a nostalgic factor -- something that separates consoles from PCs -- and I can't see myself abandoning it because Sony and Microsoft want to make their machines something more than simple gaming consoles.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 08-15-2012 at 00:38.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't really see what you're saying here. Steam seems to have been doing this longer than Sony and Microsoft.
    Microsoft and Sony have been around longer than Valve and are much bigger than Valve. I could see valve going UNDER and alienating their servers well before Sony/Microsoft.

Furthermore, you don't need to be online all the time to play the games you purchased
    You don't need to be online to play digital games on the Xbox 360.

Superior Member
    They need to take the elimination of physical media, case, manual, distribution and retailer profit into consideration when pricing full retail games via DD.

I need something to compensate me for the loss of owning the physical game.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

13. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I agree OMG, you nailed it.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    imINXile
    I mainly prefer physical because I swap copies with my friends all the time. I wouldn't have been able to play half of the games I have this gen without it (unless of course there is a way to share DD that I'm unaware of).

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    They need to take the elimination of physical media, case, manual, distribution and retailer profit into consideration when pricing full retail games via DD.

I need something to compensate me for the loss of owning the physical game.
    Agree 100%. If they're taking away the physical media from you, then the price better adjust to what they're giving you, and the costs that they're saving with distribution.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    I'm starting to move away for physical copies. The last five games I bought were digital
    Ive started a new approach, download PS+freebies and if I really like the game I will buy a it on disc

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Ive started a new approach, download PS+freebies and if I really like the game I will buy a it on disc

That's what I'd do too... If all of the free games weren't ones I ready owned. The only game on PS+ I'd want to play that I got for free was NFS Shift 2 and even then I couldn't be bothered waiting for the Download. Forever paused, lol. Now my subscription ran out and I have. I incentive to resub. I can understand why so many people love it and download a lot digitally the content is definitely there... But not really for long term ps fans who have played all the older games like me

Via Tapatalk

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    That's what I'd do too... If all of the free games weren't ones I ready owned. The only game on PS+ I'd want to play that I got for free was NFS Shift 2 and even then I couldn't be bothered waiting for the Download. Forever paused, lol. Now my subscription ran out and I have. I incentive to resub. I can understand why so many people love it and download a lot digitally the content is definitely there... But not really for long term ps fans who have played all the older games like me

Via Tapatalk
    Yeah there is a few titles that I already own, but theres also titles I don't and wouldn't have bothered with or they haven't reached that sweet spot price yet, so getting free is a bonus
    I think its definitely worth it, especially when nothing out and yeah got no money lol

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

PSN ID
    MOOKIE19
    I say with the more selection of games available on psn than xbox live marketplace

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie456 View Post
    I say with the more selection of games available on psn than xbox live marketplace
    Does Europe have a larger selection of games on PSN compared to XBL? In the US the XBL service has substantially more games than PSN.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Agree 100%. If they're taking away the physical media from you, then the price better adjust to what they're giving you, and the costs that they're saving with distribution.
    They can't do that though because the retailers will lose customers and will threaten not to stock the games anymore (or so that's what publishers say).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information