Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: My New Hobby

  1. #1
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

    My New Hobby

    So each year I try to bring something new into my life around the time of my birthday. I don't like going into another year of my life without improving it or better myself somehow. This year will be the year I take up archery with the traditional long bow.

    I went and bought a long bow on Monday, part of a set including the bow, 5 arrows, quiver, forearm protector and 3 finger glove. I have wanted to do archery for AGES because it is my goal to become proficient in the 4 main combat disciplines of the samurai (namely a form of sword art, staff fighting, long bow and unarmed combat). I have experience with the katana through my study of ninjutsu and I also trained for a short while in iaido (which I will take up again next year). I am already proficient in the art of staff fighting. I have trained the Kukishin Ryu style of rokushakubojutsu (art of fighting with 6ft stick) for about 7 years so I am pretty good. By the end of next year it's my goal to be training in all three again on a regular basis. Dunno about unarmed, might go back to ninjutsu.

    So yeah, I'm going to have a lesson or two on my birthday.

    Anyone else taken up a new hobby recently or have one you'd like to?

  2. #2
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,484
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    19,447 (0 Banked)
    I've spent years practicing the martial art of IShootU, following in the footsteps of the great master Samuel Colt.

  3. Likes spyrde , Lebowski likes this post
  4. #3
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I've spent years practicing the martial art of IShootU, following in the footsteps of the great master Samuel Colt.
    Very good, however I prefer the traditional ways, they are a bit more refined.

  5. #4
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The only fighting style I know is a bit of Tae kwon Do lol. My hobby that I've really a liking to is editing remixing trance music. I like to sometimes make DIY acapella and mix it with an uplifting trance song haha. I hope to make my own music soon I find it really fun.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  6. #5
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,397
    Rep Power
    96
    Points
    21,517 (0 Banked)
    For some reason, I see your martial arts implements and skills as actually being Little Big Planet customizations...
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  7. Likes Ghost likes this post
  8. #6
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    The only fighting style I know is a bit of Tae kwon Do lol. My hobby that I've really a liking to is editing remixing trance music. I like to sometimes make DIY acapella and mix it with an uplifting trance song haha. I hope to make my own music soon I find it really fun.
    That's cool. I've made a bit of music myself through my days, but with my acoustic guitar. II like putting my own personality and creativity into anything I do. I have always found that martial arts was a better medium to express this however...especially the staff fighting.

    Do you put any of your stuff online?

  9. #7
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    That's cool. I've made a bit of music myself through my days, but with my acoustic guitar. II like putting my own personality and creativity into anything I do. I have always found that martial arts was a better medium to express this however...especially the staff fighting.

    Do you put any of your stuff online?
    That's cool Ghost I've always wanted to learn how to play a guitar. I only know a bit of piano myself and
    Yea I make a lot of mash mixes j-trance/k-trance and others lol I usually put them up on my Youtube

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  10. #8
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    That's cool Ghost I've always wanted to learn how to play a guitar. I only know a bit of piano myself and
    Yea I make a lot of mash mixes j-trance/k-trance and others lol I usually put them up on my Youtube
    I'm not pro on the guitar, I mostly can play smashing pumpkins and interpol songs only haha. What's your youtube channel?

  11. #9
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I'm not pro on the guitar, I mostly can play smashing pumpkins and interpol songs only haha. What's your youtube channel?
    Oh cool and
    My Youtube? It's this

    Some of my good stuff had copyright claims so I removed them.
    Mostly vocal edits and some mash-ups

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  12. #10
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,960
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    20,255 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So basically, Ghost, you're a badass.

    I want to get into the habit of editing more, I wanna learn some new programs like Adobe Firworks and Protools. I also really wanna improve my snowboarding, so come winter time, I can ride down steeper hills. I wanna camp in the great outdoors. I am limited by money, otherwise I would travel the world.

    Oh and please come to Canada one day, Ghost. I wanna have a few drinks with you, play some ps3 and show you around. Take you to Niagara Falls lol. There's a casino there we can hit if you're into that.


    I know is a bit of Tae kwon Do
    lol same bud..I did my classes in grade 6...I only got as far as yellow belt You need to memorize patterns at the demonstration in front of everyone to progress to the next belt...I just couldn't do that..but if there's any fighting style I really want to learn, it's boxing and Tai Chi
    Last edited by Lebowski; 06-29-2012 at 20:44.


  13. Likes Ghost , Kuro likes this post
  14. #11
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    lol same bud..I did my classes in grade 6...I only got as far as yellow belt You need to memorize patterns at the demonstration in front of everyone to progress to the next belt...I just couldn't do that..but if there's any fighting style I really want to learn, it's boxing and Tai Chi
    Lol I've only got up to yellow as well that was waaay back when I was younger my lil bro takes it now and he came in 2nd place in a tournament proud of that lil dude.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  15. Likes Lebowski likes this post
  16. #12
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,960
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    20,255 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Oh that's awesome, congrats on my part.


  17. Likes Kuro likes this post
  18. #13
    Dedicated Member
    mooninites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Great Below
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    25
    Points
    564 (0 Banked)
    Items ICO
    I've actually been meaning to start archery but never have the time.

    I like to steam punk my electronics but i haven't done that in about a year. Hopefully i can start doing that again when i pick up a new tv in the next month.

    It's cool that your learning the disciplines. I do Sil Jeon Do. It's pretty much a fusion of Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai Kick Boxing, Jiu Jutsu, Judo, Hapkido, Sirum and Sil Jeon Keum Do. Makes you well rounded on what works in real life rather then in theory

    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

  19. #14
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haha yeah thanks bro.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  20. #15
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    So basically, Ghost, you're a badass.

    I want to get into the habit of editing more, I wanna learn some new programs like Adobe Firworks and Protools. I also really wanna improve my snowboarding, so come winter time, I can ride down steeper hills. I wanna camp in the great outdoors. I am limited by money, otherwise I would travel the world.

    Oh and please come to Canada one day, Ghost. I wanna have a few drinks with you, play some ps3 and show you around. Take you to Niagara Falls lol. There's a casino there we can hit if you're into that.
    Well, I think if I were in The Walking Dead, I would be killed off in the last third of the season lol or maybe close to the end...haha

    Haha Ok if I'm ever in that part of the world i'll drop on by.

    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I've actually been meaning to start archery but never have the time.

    I like to steam punk my electronics but i haven't done that in about a year. Hopefully i can start doing that again when i pick up a new tv in the next month.

    It's cool that your learning the disciplines. I do Sil Jeon Do. It's pretty much a fusion of Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai Kick Boxing, Jiu Jutsu, Judo, Hapkido, Sirum and Sil Jeon Keum Do. Makes you well rounded on what works in real life rather then in theory

    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Hmm, hopefully one day you can find some time! Sil Jeon Do sounds interesting. I like Ninjutsu because it's a very specialised and complicated art. However, you really need to train many years for this reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    Haha yeah thanks bro.
    You should remix this!!

  21. #16
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Sanctuary huh? Lol I'll try.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  22. #17
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    My new hobby involves Vaseline, a cat and a roll of duct tape. Details available via PM...



















    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  23. #18
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by [DT] View Post
    My new hobby involves Vaseline, a cat and a roll of duct tape. Details available via PM...














    PM sent. Please be very concise with your explanation. Thanks in advance.

  24. Likes [DT] likes this post
  25. #19
    Dedicated Member
    mooninites's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Great Below
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Posts
    1,182
    Rep Power
    25
    Points
    564 (0 Banked)
    Items ICO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Hmm, hopefully one day you can find some time! Sil Jeon Do sounds interesting. I like Ninjutsu because it's a very specialised and complicated art. However, you really need to train many years for this reason.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bea8Z...e_gdata_player



    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

  26. #20
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bea8Z...e_gdata_player



    Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    LOL "...and remember, Ninjutsu is bull$#@!." - I like it because unlike many modern martial arts, Ninjutsu wasn't toned down for sports application. They are battlefield arts that are the same now as they were then. I learned a lot of really cool stuff during my time at that dojo.

    The only thing that puts me off Ninjutsu is that it's TOO broad for my tastes now. There are 12 separate traditional Japanese schools of martial arts taught in Ninjutsu, I would rather just focus on one.

  27. #21
    Forum Guru
    [DT]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Posts
    3,867
    Rep Power
    71
    Points
    17,992 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    PM sent. Please be very concise with your explanation. Thanks in advance.
    I almost choked on my beverage
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

  28. #22
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You should do some kenjutsu as well Ghost and Naginatajutsu

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  29. #23
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    12,960
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    20,255 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That woman is very lucky to have you Ghost.


  30. #24
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,600
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    59,342 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Archery is awesome I tried it when I was 10 years old.

  31. #25
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,777
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    6,546,293 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    You should do some kenjutsu as well Ghost and Naginatajutsu
    Oh kenjutsu for sure, I will do Iaido, it's such an interesting and graceful art. It's funny you mentioned Naginata. The school I practice (Kukishin Ryu bojutsu) is a mixture of yari and naginata. Seeing as I am good with the staff, most of that skill can be easily transfered to the yari and naginata. I am DEFINTELY going to move on to these one day, so Ninjutsu will be required sometime. I almost bought a beautiful naginata in New Zealand...such a beautiful piece *sigh*.

  32. Likes Kuro likes this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.