PSN ID
    mints59

Need help with the ps3 1.05 bf3 update

I have been trying to download the update, have downloaded at least 30 times at extremely slow speeds. the download gets to 20% then fails with the error code: 80029563. i have searched everywhere for the answer as i have only just bought the game and it is a real bummer to not be able to play it , i have disabled upnp and the media server options and it doesn't help... my internet speed it 15Mbps download and 1MB upload but on the PS3 it says the download speed it 800 kbps and 300kbps upload. please help? And as always thank you if you take the time out to reply

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Disconnect your PS3 from the internet and you'll be able to play it. It won't be updated, but at least you'll be able to play. I have no idea how to fix the update issue.

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) and Bravely Default (3DS)

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Sometimes resetting your modem/router helps try that.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    mints59
    don't worry, fixed it by using ps3prox and downloading it with my pc und updating it from there aswell

PSN ID
    Kingsley70
    I have had the same problem trying to update it. I heard you updated it successfully. I JUST bought the game and I cant play online. Could you please send me a detailed procedure on how to update it successfully?

Please right back soon, im really wanna play some online

Add me on psn: Kingsley70

Thanks

PSN ID
    Kingsley70
    I have had the same problem trying to update it. I heard you updated it successfully. I JUST bought the game and I cant play online. Could you please send me a detailed procedure on how to update it successfully?

Please right back soon, im really wanna play some online

Add me on psn: Kingsley70

Thanks,

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    I had a similar problem and i fixed it by resetting something on my PS3, dont remember how the reset option was called but i will edit this post as soon as i got access to my PS3 so i can look up that option. I guess you have to start your PS3 in some mode like holding the ps power button and after the secound sound alert you should release it and you will enter something like bios on the computer, then the appropriate reset option will be there. I will give you more information when ill get home and figure it out by myself.

Master Guru
    It's good to see that you're enjoying Battlefield 3 again on the PS3!

Veteran
    New update patch is coming out tomorrow for Premium users, and will be a 1.5 Gb file so I'm guessing you won't be happy with this news lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Thats a 6 minute download.
    BF3 patches ar always large because we have to download the whole archive that contains the files that need changing.

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Well, the new patch is out and I'm having exactly the same problem. It starts downloading perfectly fine only to slow down to a crawl at around 30%.

What's the fix?

EDIT: Never mind, it worked after the third try. Might have been a server overload.
    Last edited by Wrath; 09-04-2012 at 11:46.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Well, the new patch is out and I'm having exactly the same problem. It starts downloading perfectly fine only to slow down to a crawl at around 30%.

What's the fix?

EDIT: Never mind, it worked after the third try. Might have been a server overload.
    Thanks for the heads up Wrath, I will start downloading right away hopefully with no issues.

PSN ID
    Kingsley70

dont worry fixed it

[QUOTE=Kingsley70;5902020] dont worry i have found a solution on how to fix it, because we have slow internet, dosnt mean it cant download, it will download really slowly.

some internet routers have a setting on how much u can use of it a day, the internet is really slow and takes up the download has a lot so of space. so it will disconnect you when u go over the limit.

call the people who organise ur internet and ask them how to change ur setings, i had to use my computer

hope this worked!

Thread Information