Selected Members Council
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Grand Theft Auto V to make an appearance at Gamescom this year?

With the recent reveal of the official Gamescom teaser trailer, it seems that gamers may finally get to see the unveiling of Grand Theft Auto 5 at Gamescom 2012, in August. As can be seen in the video to the left, this teaser trailer for Gamescom 2012 gives a glimpse of the Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer that was released late last year by Rockstar.

In addition to this, rumors have been heavily speculating that an unveiling of Grand Theft Auto 5 will in fact occur at Gamescom 2012. In a previous article, it was revealed that Take-Two Interactive was confirmed to be present at this year's Gamescom, as the trailer also reveals this fact. With these details coming together, we could very well expect to see some sort of GTA V related news given at Gamescom 2012.

Ever since Rockstar released the first trailer for GTA V late last year, there has been an absence of any sort of official information given about the game. It was thought that we would see Grand Theft Auto 5 make some sort of presence at this years E3, but as the event came to a close, Grand Theft Auto 5 was nowhere to be found. Gamescom 2012 will kickoff on August 15th and progress through the 19th, hopefully we will finally be given more details about GTA V then.

Source

Also, new footage for The Last of Us will be shown at Comic-Con.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 06-30-2012 at 19:23.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Hey Rockstar,

Didn't you say you would reveal more footage, a little while after Max Payne 3 came out? Where is it? We waited.

E3 came and we all anticipated for you to reveal gameplay demo, or at the very least, a trailer. But nope, you said we would have to wait exactly only 2 WEEKS AFTER E3 to get a trailer. It's been almost 4 weeks now.

WTF ROCKSTAR!

Rockstar Games wins the E3 award for: BLUE BALLS

WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY

3. Likes SuperSayian5Goku likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    Honestly, Gamescom is shaping up to be more exciting than this year's E3. Hopefully I can say the same for TGS with the prospect of new Final Fantasy Versus XIII footage.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Lol yea looking forward to Gamescom and TGS.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    If we get some good amount of V footage with some good in-game gameplay, who we will play and some background info and maybe even a release date then it will be better than E3 IMO.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I doubt we'll get proper gameplay til the game is actually out. Remember when IV came out, no one had a clue what the gameplay was like until the first video reviews and leaked gameplay started coming out.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Dedicated Member
    I doubt there will be any gameplay as well. Thats not Rockstars style.. We will definitely see another trailer sometime soon tho!
    Six Years With PSU!~ Favourite Games of all Time~ Smash Bros, Spyro, GTA series and Elder Scrolls Series
    Add me on PSN FOXY007 OR Steam psn_foxy007
    My Hardware~ Sony Bravia 240hz 3D 40".. Ps3 Slim250gig and Sony Bravia Surround Sound 5.1
    PC- i7 3930k|gtx670|8g ram|2T HDD|Bluray disc drive

Veteran
    I think it's time for them to fully reveal the game, and what a better place and time to do it than Gamescom, really hoping this is true.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    They've been doing technology videos since RDR though, which do show gameplay.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

11. Likes A7 likes this post
    Superior Member

It'll most likely be out in Oct (may be delayed from that date as IV was but that'll be what they are aiming for) so we'll probably hear things over the next few weeks. Mind even if it sounds awful I'll still buy it as soon as it comes out, love GTA games
    I'm all for the preservation on endagered animals, you should taste my panda jam

PSN id: SmilerFTM

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    They've been doing technology videos since RDR though, which do show gameplay.
    Exactly and I hope we start seeing at least one for GTA V soon.

I was so-so in regards toward Max Payne 3 when I began playing but I hope they do not keep GTA V under wraps until all the DLC for MP3 has been released because I'm already getting sick of MP3 after my second playthrough (SP).

R* need to remember where their bread and butter is, GTA is their bread and butter and announcement after announcement of MP3 DLC is getting on my nerves especially when we've all wiated since November 2011 for news, now in July of 2012 and all we have from R* is Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Double XP Weekend announcements. :smh:
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    solid1snake67
    GTAV is locked up tighter than a ticks ass in rockstar, they don't want wany any leaks and give us no info

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I Lol'd at 2:48

Dedicated Member

Ironically, this does look a lot more exciting than E3. Hopefully it will reveal some cool stuff we haven't heard about yet. Unlike E3, where we had heard everything weeks before the show even started.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I might mosey on over to Germany to check this out.

Supreme Veteran
    I have my doubts in regards to seeing something new from R* (regarding GTA V) @ Gamescom and even more doubtful for anything from TGS '12, they're one of the very few if not the only developers that go against the grain and say something to the effect of "Hey we will be dropping a new trailer at such and such date, so do not forget to come over to our R* page at this time Eastern/Pacific"...

The internet melts everytime they announce something and they do it via their Newswire page every time.

I'm not 100% certain however they have missed all these conventions and the last time they were @ E3 for example was in 2003?
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Superior Member
    I can't wait for GTA V just like everyone else but I wish they would remake The Warriors with online play, or Make another(better) game just like it, that game was a lot of fun. I'm tired of all the shootings games this gen, need more combat games that aren't fighters.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

20. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo-green28 View Post
    I can't wait for GTA V just like everyone else but I wish they would remake The Warriors with online play, or Make another(better) game just like it, that game was a lot of fun. I'm tired of all the shootings games this gen, need more combat games that aren't fighters.
    $#@! yeah! The Warriors is one of my all time fav movies, and the game was ace!

22. Likes Mo-green28 likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    $#@! yeah! The Warriors is one of my all time fav movies, and the game was ace!

Yes Imagine if they gave us a bigger City and the whole thing was connected like GTA is and populated it with loads of things to do, and made it so we can have gangs(clans) have battles for king of the city that gives that gangs members special perks. That would be cool. Warriors is one of my fav. ps2 games, and I did enjoy the movie alot.

OT: It would be nice to see more GTA V soon.
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I'm glad that I'll be attending this year's Gamescom so if there was a reveal I would be right there to witness it! =)

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    man ill take manhunt over the warriors

Thread Information