Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Does anyone think all old pokemon games will get remade eventually?

Since they remade soul silver and heart gold, do y'all think they will make fire red and all the other ones?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Are there really any differences between these games? To me, they are the same games with a different color in the title lol.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Doubt it, they were all pretty much the same - least the gameboy color ones, thats where I stopped. Lol

I just wish they'd release one game instead of two. Thats what caused me to ditch the games, I enjoyed em quite a bit.. but it got expensive to "catch 'em all".

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Doubt it, they were all pretty much the same - least the gameboy color ones, thats where I stopped. Lol

I just wish they'd release one game instead of two. Thats what caused me to ditch the games, I enjoyed em quite a bit.. but it got expensive to "catch 'em all".
    "gotta catch em all" That seems to be nintendo's motto when talking about my wallet.

@LETHAL, they do change the games but slightly imo. They keep the basic idea which is to "gotta catch em all", but they change the pokemon. It's kinda like cod in a way.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    It's kinda like cod in a way.
    So basically this game started as one of the best games of your life and then slowly crushed everything great about it. Never looking back at what started the great franchise in the first place? God I feel your pain bro!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I'd like a ruby/sapphire remake one of my fave region's. I didn't really lie black and white at all..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    So basically this game started as one of the best games of your life and then slowly crushed everything great about it. Never looking back at what started the great franchise in the first place? God I feel your pain bro!
    Everything is true besides this. I constantly look back on it.The games just got milked and now there releasing so many pokemon games that i can't keep up. That's why i want the old ones and i looked and try find the old ones new online and they we're a lot of money, so that's why i hope they remake them.

Selected Members Council
    I don't think they should remake the games. I only really played through the first two generations and they were alright.

What they should do, eventually, is make the jump to an open-world Pokemon adventure because the games really haven't aged well over the years. That isn't to say that the game will need realistic graphics or fancy particle effects or anything like that since the games are targeted to a younger audience but a significant improvement in that area is long overdue.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

9. Likes Silvy likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think they should remake the games. I only really played through the first two generations and they were alright.

What they should do, eventually, is make the jump to an open-world Pokemon adventure because the games really haven't aged well over the years. That isn't to say that the game will need realistic graphics or fancy particle effects or anything like that since the games are targeted to a younger audience but a significant improvement to the visuals is long overdue.
    Yeah, i agree. I would love to play a open world poke mon tbh. I think the graphics beat the gameboy color days so i don't complain to much in that region. I know you don't care for remakes but since they already have two made, it would be unfair not to make the others ones i believe.

Selected Members Council
    I just think the developers at Game Freak are running out of ideas which only increases the chances of them remaking previous titles. The franchise started out with some really unique monster designs and now you have these gigantic dragons, phantoms, titans and other wannabe-badasses gracing the covers that, with all honesty, I'll forget about within the hour as they all look the same.

Master Guru
    I just think the developers at Game Freak are running out of ideas which only increases the chances of them remaking previous titles. The franchise started out with some really unique monster designs and now you have these gigantic dragons, phantoms, titans and other wannabe-badasses gracing the covers that, with all honesty, I'll forget about within the hour as they all look the same.
    Yeah, it seems like a lot of people lose there magic , especially game developers, as time passes. That's why i haven't bought black and white and the rest of them. I think it should send them a message when your buying there old games instead of there new ones. I will not support there new games unless they can do something new like that open world pokemon game but until then i will just buy there old games.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Possibly, they're doing it with the Kirby 20th Anniversary later this year (which is pretty much the only game releasing for Wii this entire year that I want from Nintendo themselves).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Selected Members Council
    They could just as easily release that kind of Pokemon game for the Wii U. It should be able to support the improved HD visuals with a fully-realized open world. The Wii U GamePad could be used to keep track of your Pokemon, data, inventory, map, and any other useless crap they decide to add.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-01-2012 at 02:29.

Master Guru
    They could just as easily release that kind of Pokemon game for the Wii U. It should be able to support the improved HD visuals with a fully-realized open world. The Wii U GamePad could be used to keep track of your Pokemon, inventory, map, and all of the other useless crap they keep adding.
    i would love to use the u pad to choose pokeballs or throw them tbh. They have a game on gamecube that was kinda open world in a sense, but you could only capture dark pokemon or certain like that. It was decent but they could've done better. Another reason i asked this question is because i seen they announced a blur ray collection, so it's got me wondering if we're start seeing a lot of remakes due to the movies and games being remade.

@Aaron, i believe they eventually will, but i don't understand why they did silver and gold first because a lot of people, including myself, believe that fire red was better

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    I would like to see remakes of Sapphire/Ruby, only because I never owned the physical copies (I am playing them via emulator.) Other then that, an open world pokemon game you guys mentioned would be a fantastic idea!

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Red/blue/yellow was the only generation of Pokemon I played. 150 (I think?) was more than enough. That's what turned me off of continuing buying new generations.
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I haven't finished a Pokemon game since Blue.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Fire Red and Leaf Green ARE remakes of the older games.
    Currently Playing: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire for the Nintendo 3DS

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Fire Red and Leaf Green ARE remakes of the older games.
    I know that because i'm avid fan but since there pushing 3ds i believe they would bring them to the 3ds.

Master Poster
    Items Solid SnakeKonami
    I recently picked up HeartGold and Soulsilver, for my new 3DS. Playing HeartGold again brings me back to the days of being addicted on Gold. I really hope that they continue to remake old pokemon games on the DS system. Especially Yellow, actually all of the old pokemon games wouldn't hurt.

Thread Information