Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: How does ME 3 stack up to ME 2??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • ME 3 is better

4 22.22%
  • ME 2 is better

6 33.33%
  • They are both exceptional.

6 33.33%
  • They both stink!

2 11.11%
    PSN ID
    (none)

Mass Effect 2 (Spoilers)

I'm not completely finished, but I think I'm close. I've probably put in 30-40 hours. This is my first play-thru, and it seems I missed a few things. For one, there's some type of hidden character that I didn't get. I went gung-ho into the suicide mission, eventhough I knew there were still plenty of side missions to do. I do this sometimes with games I like. I want to see the ending so bad that I miss a lot of cool side missions. But I digress...

So, I'm almost finished with the suicide mission, I think. And I have two questions. 1) How did I miss the Miranda undressing scene? I completed her side-quest so she could see her sister. Maybe I accidentally skipped over it. And 2) what/ who is the extra character all the way to the left of the character selection screen?

And, since we're at it (without telling the ending), is the suicide mission the end of the game?
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    I'm not completely finished, but I think I'm close. I've probably put in 30-40 hours. This is my first play-thru, and it seems I missed a few things. For one, there's some type of hidden character that I didn't get. I went gung-ho into the suicide mission, eventhough I knew there were still plenty of side missions to do. I do this sometimes with games I like. I want to see the ending so bad that I miss a lot of cool side missions. But I digress...

So, I'm almost finished with the suicide mission, I think. And I have two questions. 1) How did I miss the Miranda undressing scene? I completed her side-quest so she could see her sister. Maybe I accidentally skipped over it. And 2) what/ who is the extra character all the way to the left of the character selection screen?

And, since we're at it (without telling the ending), is the suicide mission the end of the game?
    1) you needed to talk to her and crap. like, after every mission. which means you would have suffered some of the worst dialogue and voice acting(Shepard).....you're missing nothing here....Besides
    all you get is a bit of bra in ME2. ME3 scene is much better.

2)Zaeed. once again your not missing much here, he adds a bit to the war effort in ME3 other wise he's not that important......but how can you miss him o.O he's practically the first guy you see. he's DLC though.

pretty much. your story is locked down after entering the omega 4 relay. as far as im aware. you can continue playing to finish side missions and stuff, but i don't see the point. they don't help in any way in ME3
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 07-07-2012 at 02:30. Reason: Fixed up your spoiler - DarkVincent07
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Mass Effect 2 was better in my opinion. I really enjoyed ME3 as well though.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I enjoyed me2 better than 3 just my opinion.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    the second one felt stale to me, so i didn't bother with 3

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    ME2 had the better story, and various others things, especially the end of the game. ME3 had the better gameplay.. so its a toss up for me

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    I enjoyed Mass Effect 2... apart from having inadvertently killed Tali, Thane, Legion, Garrus and Jack. :/

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    my spoiler was so few in size i figured i'd be artsy.....dash my dreams why don't you

i personally liked ME1 the best, ME3 did my head in toward the end. not the "ending" just the way enemies literally come out the woodwork!

clearly made with the 'Soldier' class in mind, which was a shame. i liked infiltrators and Vanguards.

ME>ME2>ME3
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    I completed my replay of the entire triology last night.. There were a $#@!load of decisions I regreted making during my initial play.
    ME2 is my favourite out of the three.
    Skickat från min R800i via Tapatalk 2

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I thought ME3 had the best of both. 2 being my least favorite - the whole story was recruiting, the hype for the suicide mission was too much, that was severely disappointing, collectors weren't fun enemies to fight. I wasn't hyped for ME3 anymore, but after playing it i loved it.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSN ID
    (none)
    Thanx guys. I'm already into my second playthru. Going with Hardcore difficulty. I'm infiltrator, which is okay, but the time it takes for your meter to fill up after you use invisibility really sucks. If I were to start over, I would go with whatever class gives you the biotic armor. You can use that all the time, even while you are using other biotic powers. As an infilitrator, I can't use any other powers while I'm invisible.
    .. Borderlands GOTY .. Final Fantasy XIII .. Wet .. Mirror's Edge .. Mass Effect 2 .. Gran Turismo 5 .. Dead Rising 2 .. Need for Speed: Most Wanted .. Little Big Planet .. Little Big Planet 2 .. Heavy Rain .. Madden 10 .. NCAA Football 10 .. Sims 3 .. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds .. HAWX .. NBA Jam ..

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by dcalhoun93 View Post
    Thanx guys. I'm already into my second playthru. Going with Hardcore difficulty. I'm infiltrator, which is okay, but the time it takes for your meter to fill up after you use invisibility really sucks. If I were to start over, I would go with whatever class gives you the biotic armor. You can use that all the time, even while you are using other biotic powers. As an infilitrator, I can't use any other powers while I'm invisible.
    its a shame, if you got this on the PC you could have edited those values.

i tweaked my Vanguard. honest to god improvement being able to use a biotic warrior as described by the game. reduced the recharge time and tweaked the weapon load out (i did not make the class godly, just tweaked). the battle in the 'Lair of the Shadow Broker'

Vanguards are by far the most enjoyable class in ME2 (even without tweaking). however, they are nulled in ME3 along with the infiltrator (and possibly every other class outside soldier).
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    Vanguards are by far the most enjoyable class in ME2 (even without tweaking). however, they are nulled in ME3 along with the infiltrator (and possibly every other class outside soldier).
    How so? Vanguards were way overpowered on the normal difficulty in ME2.

PSN ID
    (none)
    This sucks...

My character was wearing all the armor from my last game, in my new game. But when I went to change up my armor, it took all my old armor away and only left me with the stock armor.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    How so? Vanguards were way overpowered on the normal difficulty in ME2.
    no way, biotic charge might as well have been called Kamikaze. but like i say i only tweaked the regen times so i wasn't a sitting duck. and changed the load out to Shotgun and rifle. minor tweaks, like i say, i didn't make the class godly.

i also got rid of stamina, something bioware mimics in ME3
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    no way, biotic charge might as well have been called Kamikaze. but like i say i only tweaked the regen times so i wasn't a sitting duck. and changed the load out to Shotgun and rifle. minor tweaks, like i say, i didn't make the class godly.

i also got rid of stamina, something bioware mimics in ME3
    Shockwave destroyed everyone. On harder difficulties, biotics were useless. In ME3 you can at least combine them.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Shockwave destroyed everyone. On harder difficulties, biotics were useless. In ME3 you can at least combine them.
    hmm, but using one power meant all powers needed to recharge....for some reason? so thats why i ended up tweaking them. also got rid of heavy weapons. they looked ridiculous and i never used them anyways (as a vanguard)

in ME3 there are just too many enemies, even on normal. at first it was fun, but it gets too much toward the end when they respawn endlessly (i exaggerate the use 'endlessly'). i ended up dying more often. haven't finished it yet with my Vanguard.

the Vanguard in ME3 is better than the Vanguard in ME2, but the game feels like it was made with the soldier class in mind. so other classes become harder to use.
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 07-10-2012 at 21:09.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    hmm, but using one power meant all powers needed to recharge....for some reason? so thats why i ended up tweaking them. also got rid of heavy weapons. they looked ridiculous and i never used them anyways (as a vanguard)

in ME3 there are just too many enemies, even on normal. at first it was fun, but it gets too much toward the end when they respawn endlessly (i exaggerate the use 'endlessly'). i ended up dying more often. haven't finished it yet with my Vanguard.

the Vanguard in ME3 is better than the Vanguard in ME2, but the game feels like it was made with the soldier class in mind. so other classes become harder to use.
    My squad had at least 1 more biotic so i could combine them.

I didn't get that feeling. I had a lot more fun with ME3 as a vanguard than i did in 2.

Dedicated Member
    NOTE TO OP!

You better make sure you do some side mission in ME3 and make sure you go talk to a character when you ask you to if you want them to live. Everyone easily survived all my ME2 playthroughs, but in ME3 there are time limits on certain things. Also it's easy to miss some really awesome conversations with people, always go see if the crew has something to say.

Personally I think ME3 is superior to ME2 overall. However ME2 is an awesome game, easily GoTY 2010. ME3 was just way more emotional and epic for me. Basically all the epicness from the end of ME2 was replicated many times throughout ME3's campaign.

So much epicness, so many emotions, so many choices that actually have effects DURING the game. Also with the extended endings I can definetly say that ME3 is my favorite. It's prettier, more epic, depending on who you're romancing it's even better, everyone's story comes to finale, and there's even some fun online coop so I can try out all the classes and play as some of my favorite races.

Only thing ME2 has got on ME3 is that it has more hub worlds and there seemed to be a bigger focus on all the characters rather than the actual enemy, which was still a great thing. The characters are one of the biggest reasons why I love Mass Effect.

The ending was a disappointment at first, but my biggest problems with it were completely fixed by the extended cut.
    Last edited by bigCman123; 07-11-2012 at 07:07.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Surprised people are picking 2 over 3. ME3 had much more customization over weapons and abilities, better combat, decisions which make a huge difference (entire species can be affected).. and even to the point that if you don't do something right in ME2.. choices don't appear for you in ME3. It also had so many brilliant moments personally.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Surprised people are picking 2 over 3. ME3 had much more customization over weapons and abilities, better combat, decisions which make a huge difference (entire species can be affected).. and even to the point that if you don't do something right in ME2.. choices don't appear for you in ME3. It also had so many brilliant moments personally.
    the two characters from ME2 that i liked both die!
    why would i like ME3!?

i joke, i joke.

at least they died for something,

ME3 sort of came across as weird to me.

ME2 had less to complain about. and was constructed a lot better, even if it lacked the polish of 3
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 07-11-2012 at 10:31.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    You should spoiler-tag the entire post.. the OP hasn't played ME3.

Who cares about there being less to complain about? (Though for me ME3 had less to complain about) For me there were so many great moments in ME2 that were amazing just as a fan since the first game. ME2 didn't have that really.

Last edited by Firefox; 07-11-2012 at 08:21.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i only missed spoiler tagging a tiny bit.

i can see where you'd come from with your comments about ME2, and i'd agree with them, but i personally wouldn't change my opinion. i just thought ME2 was better paced. yeah the story was iffy and all that but at least it flowed well. ME3 was a better GAME, in a traditional sense, but id still go for ME2 for the well constructed story.

Sig courtesy of the_jim

Dedicated Member
    ME3 is my favorite, but I still love ME2. I bought ME1 and 2 for pc last year for cheap (also got ME2 on ps3) during the holiday steam sales. I still need to play through ME1. The combat is a lot worse than its sequels.

Thread Information