Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ONQ View Post
    they are not the same specs that was said to be Xbox Next specs.
    That is what doesn't seem to be getting through. First, before the usual text confusion begins, this has nothing to do with that most recent of Xbox 8 specs. This is about the supposed specs from the middle to late last year. I have posted about this before and provided the links, so look it up. And if you do, then if the first thing to pop up is "those are not the same specs as these", that is exactly the point. They have been massaged by the gossip-gurus into the OP. But, there are many of the components that are similar, of course, changed.

Seems Legit!
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

2. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    you do realize that the GPU that ran the Square demo is a GTX 680 right? & it has 3 TFLOPS vs 1.84 TFLOPS of the PS4 early spec GPU right?
    Yeah but we all know that means jack when it come to closed environment consoles, ok I maybe went over board but I was just saying that those specs even with 2gb of ram is a very powerful console

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    this is old news where have y'all been?

that's a early dev-kit by the way & chances are the CPU & GPU will be together on one chip APU or SOC & maybe like the Vita with the Memory stacked on the SOC, it will not be PC parts just placed inside a console.

& yes this is legit as of the end of 2011.
    In otherwords it's all subject to change and possibley going to do this, but also posisbly not.
    We are talking about a chipset that hasnt even been taped out vs one that apparently has (again rumoured).
    And I really dont get the 2gb thing, it just seems so counter productive (yes I understand the GDDR5 restriction).

About the only thing I have seen even remotley ture to "specs" is that Sony=All AMD, MS=IBM+AMD.

I think thats about the only thing anyone can concretly say about any of these rumours.
    As Blig said, people maasage these numbers around to make them seem legit, every time I see them something has been tweaked , yet they are all supposdly from the same source.

"If" these rumours are true, then Sony is waiitng on a CPU, with an indefinite release date, and both systems will feature a practically identical GPU.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-08-2012 at 23:08.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    In otherwords it's all subject to change and possibley going to do this, but also posisbly not.
    We are talking about a chipset that hasnt even been taped out vs one that apparently has (again rumoured).
    And I really dont get the 2gb thing, it just seems so counter productive (yes I understand the GDDR5 restriction).

About the only thing I have seen even remotley ture to "specs" is that Sony=All AMD, MS=IBM+AMD.

I think thats about the only thing anyone can concretly say about any of these rumours.
    As Blig said, people maasage these numbers around to make them seem legit, every time I see them something has been tweaked , yet they are all supposdly from the same source.

"If" these rumours are true, then Sony is waiitng on a CPU, with an indefinite release date, and both systems will feature a practically identical GPU.
    There are similar things going on with Xbox Next, Xbox 8, Durango and Oban. These are solidifying more than the PS4. It looks like Xbox 8 is going to be a 360.5 with Oban SoC and Kinect 2, being shown at E3 2013. The Durango is the Xbox Next, looking now like it is planned for 2015 at the earliest. This rollout timeframe makes sense of the rumor mill descriptions, although it is made more ridiculous since the "insider" can't make up his mind if the CPU is ARM, x86 or PowerPC:

So, time for a little speculation. Oban is being made by IBM primarily, so that almost definitively puts to bed the idea of an x86 CPU that has been floating. We said we were 99+% sure that the XBox Next/720 is a Power PC CPU plus an ATI GCN/HD7000/Southern Islands GPU, and with this last data point, we are now confident that it is 99.9+%. Why? Several licensing agreements that cover what can be made where will enrich a fleet of lawyers if Oban is x86, but do not preclude the possibility entirely, hence the last .1%.

A slide on core hardware indicates that the next Xbox will be designed to be scalable in the number of CPU cores and their frequencies. Microsoft appears to have been debating whether to use six or eight ARM or x86 cores clocked at 2GHz each with 4GB of DDR4 memory alongside three PPC cores clocked at 3.2GHz each for backwards compatibility with existing Xbox 360 titles.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Who want some ?!

Come on guys it's just a rumour.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Master Guru
    If these are the specs of the PS4 then there is just one thing left to do.

Start the show Sony!

Friendship is Carrots
    I'm not trying to start anything, but I think it's rather funny how the PS3 community will claim that they're good with the PS3 for a while longer, but when a rumored spec sheet of the PS4 is released everyone loses their $#@!.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    There are similar things going on with Xbox Next, Xbox 8, Durango and Oban. These are solidifying more than the PS4. It looks like Xbox 8 is going to be a 360.5 with Oban SoC and Kinect 2, being shown at E3 2013. The Durango is the Xbox Next, looking now like it is planned for 2015 at the earliest. This rollout timeframe makes sense of the rumor mill descriptions, although it is made more ridiculous since the "insider" can't make up his mind if the CPU is ARM, x86 or PowerPC:

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Who want some ?!

Come on guys it's just a rumour.

You'll need a pinch of this....

11. Likes RaY_210 , Abdou23 likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I'm not trying to start anything, but I think it's rather funny how the PS3 community will claim that they're good with the PS3 for a while longer, but when a rumored spec sheet of the PS4 is released everyone loses their $#@!.
    Only people I see "losing their $#@!" are the tech heads.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Well, a lot is said by the date on the first post to the Official PS4 sticky: 09-14-2008. It is coming up on 4 years of PS4 "rumors" and not a single one has been right or even close. Most have been stupid, ignorant, outlandish, buffoonish, and full of gullibility, and yet every one has been immediately pounced on by thousands of console video gamers and with thousands of posts on every aspect and detail.

Too bad it only proves to video game haters that video gamers really do have nothing better to do with their time.

Ultimate Veteran
    DX 11.5? I'm not sure even Microsoft has an 11.5 specification for hardware, even in a lab. Seems rather dubious. I would imagine that there is some level of comparable OpenGL hardware spec or projected spec, but I would highly doubt that it would carry a DX style nomenclature.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Well, This is quite entertaining.

16. Likes Itachi , RaY_210 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Its all bs as far as I'm concerned until I hear Sony and MS officially announce their specs.

Soldier 95B
    Fake specs are fake.

Master Guru
    Well, a lot is said by the date on the first post to the Official PS4 sticky: 09-14-2008. It is coming up on 4 years of PS4 "rumors" and not a single one has been right or even close. Most have been stupid, ignorant, outlandish, buffoonish, and full of gullibility, and yet every one has been immediately pounced on by thousands of console video gamers and with thousands of posts on every aspect and detail.

Too bad it only proves to video game haters that video gamers really do have nothing better to do with their time.

but not this one.

see the the responses from the people in the know when I 1st posted the specs on NeoGaf they all said the same thing these are the right target specs from the dev-kits at the end of last year but the part about Radeon HD 7970 is just a misunderstanding because of the translation & it's just saying that the chip is from the same family that's in the 7970.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=477540

Quote Originally Posted by lherre

Quote Originally Posted by lherre
    Originally Posted by Durante:
    I like how the vgleaks comparison completely ignores the SPEs when arriving at the "10x PS3" conclusion.

Depends but more or less can be accurate a year ago

The thread must be changed removing models

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Sooooo...
    Basically we all just need to wait for it be announced?
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

21. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Veteran
    but not this one.

see the the responses from the people in the know when I 1st posted the specs on NeoGaf they all said the same thing these are the right target specs from the dev-kits at the end of last year but the part about Radeon HD 7970 is just a misunderstanding because of the translation & it's just saying that the chip is from the same family that's in the 7970.
    Not sure, because there are people babbling about it on neogaf, it is true? I suppose this demonstrates the ridiculous situation with rumor "enhancement", just keep massaging it until more suckers, er people, buy into it.

There has been no confirmed devkit, and like I pointed out, the devkit that has the more solid rumor of being out there sounds like this 360.5 with Oban with an E3 2013 reveal. There hasn't been anything even remotely solid about any such devkit for the PS4 except for a few actual insiders saying it is a monster (I don't consider the homeless guy using a library internet account to login to neogaf an "insider" except maybe inside the library). I really don't have that kind of spare time, or at least time that I just want to waste away, to look up all these PS4 "references" but here are a couple for amusement, apparently long forgotten by the "experts" on neogaf (the reason one guy calls it "old" is exactly what I said, this latest is just a modified version of the old one from 2011). Look at the dates:

(this one even claims to be a "report" not a rumor)
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180451p1.html
    Report: PS4 in 2012 With Built-In Motion Control
    Rumour emerges from Taiwan.
    UK, July 4, 2011
    http://gamingrumours.wordpress.com/2...ed-at-e3-2012/
    Rumour: PS4 and Xbox 720 to be revealed at E3 2012
    6-28-2011
    I also find it rather amusing these "insiders" can't settle on CPU and GPU, even though they are supposed to be "in the know". For the PS4, I have seen it identified at some time as multicore ARM, x86 and now the settling on an AMD. The same goes for the GPU, although it has been ATI for a few years (in these rumors), just wild confusion about what it "must" be. Apparently, those people behind trying to make these rumors "viral", have now settled on the 7970. It's just moronically ludicrous to me. It does explain why so many of these people continue to follow that moron Charlie Demerjian. The blind leading the blind.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 07-09-2012 at 19:27.

Master Guru
    Not sure, because there are people babbling about it on neogaf, it is true? I suppose this demonstrates the ridiculous situation with rumor "enhancement", just keep massaging it until more suckers, er people, buy into it.

There has been no confirmed devkit, and like I pointed out, the devkit that has the more solid rumor of being out there sounds like this 360.5 with Oban with an E3 2013 reveal. There hasn't been anything even remotely solid about any such devkit for the PS4 except for a few actual insiders saying it is a monster (I don't consider the homeless guy using a library internet account to login to neogaf an "insider" except maybe inside the library). I really don't have that kind of spare time, or at least time that I just want to waste away, to look up all these PS4 "references" but here are a couple for amusement, apparently long forgotten by the "experts" on neogaf (the reason one guy calls it "old" is exactly what I said, this latest is just a modified version of the old one from 2011). Look at the dates:

(this one even claims to be a "report" not a rumor)

I also find it rather amusing these "insiders" can't settle on CPU and GPU, even though they are supposed to be "in the know". For the PS4, I have seen it identified at some time as multicore ARM, x86 and now the settling on an AMD. The same goes for the GPU, although it has been ATI for a few years (in these rumors), just wild confusion about what it "must" be. Apparently, those people behind trying to make these rumors "viral", have now settled on the 7970. It's just moronically ludicrous to me. It does explain why so many of these people continue to follow that moron Charlie Demerjian. The blind leading the blind.
    why do you keep talking about stuff that has nothing to do with this information?

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I hope games remain Sony's #1 focus and all that other $#@! comes later. I don't want the focus to be like the rumored next box.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

As of right now, F Destiny.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Just spent an hour reading the neogaf thread (only half of it though)

If you think about it, an APU with quad 3.2Ghz cores AND a 1843Gflops GPU (more than a friggin gtx 580) seems like impossible to cool.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Why is it only x86 in other words 32 bits?

Veteran
    why do you keep talking about stuff that has nothing to do with this information?
    Because they are related? They have everything to do with each other. Your question is like talking about a steak in a restaurant and asking what a cow has to do with it.

28. Likes Black Beast likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Why is it only x86 in other words 32 bits?
    People use x86 as a general term to describe anything from Intel/AMD, even if they are 64-bit chips. That being said, all chips implementing the x86-64/Intel64 architecture still support the x86 instruction set.

PSN ID
    DraeHD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    ^^^that.

Thread Information