Latest PSU headlines:

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje

Lair savegame request

Hello fellow PSU'ers

I got a small (kinda huge) problem with my Ps3...
    I got Lair back in the day and decided I would replay the entire thing, on my brand spanking new PS3 slim today
    however, the disc is somewhat damaged and in one cutscene (the desert water mission) it just freezes...
    I tried applying toothpaste and all that, but no avail.

so I tought.. what if someone has a savegame for it which is past that mission! Brilliant!

so after 2 hour google search, and reaching page 2 I knew for sure there weren't any (Europe)

so do you guys have any savegame? as long as it is past the desert mission.

Thanks for the help!

Elite Guru
    Can't you pick up a copy of Lair from somewhere like eBay or Amazon on the cheap? Shouldn't cost much at all now.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Can't you pick up a copy of Lair from somewhere like eBay or Amazon on the cheap? Shouldn't cost much at all now.

Seems a bit.. yeah no..
    I got the game, and only 1 cutscene is broken I am not going to buy the entire game anew, just as a principle.

However thanks for the suggestion!

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    id rent it and swap disks....

think there is websites that allow you download gamesaves....not sure though

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    I live in holland, no such of a renting scene here, and Yes there are savegame sites. Problem is... the game uses a different savegame for each region, and on the sites, theres only US savegames, not for europe.. so yeah

Veteran
    Items Rolling StonesGTA IVDeadmau5NirvanaSackboyThe BeatlesJoker (limited ICON)Call of Duty: Black OPSGran Turismo 5GTA NikoNaughty DogModern Warfare 3
    cant u send the disk back and get a replacement...probably be cheaper just taking goo's advice

hopefully someone else can help you with a gamesave, you may get lucky, i dont have the game or id try to help

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    Quote Originally Posted by scottscorpion View Post
    cant u send the disk back and get a replacement...probably be cheaper just taking goo's advice

hopefully someone else can help you with a gamesave, you may get lucky, i dont have the game or id try to help
    Sending a game copy back I got 6 years ago, from a store which is bankrupt for 4 years. I don't think it'll work

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Rent

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    Quote Originally Posted by ErwinKooitje View Post
    I live in holland, no such of a renting scene here, and Yes there are savegame sites. Problem is... the game uses a different savegame for each region, and on the sites, theres only US savegames, not for europe.. so yeah
    for the guy above me.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Erwin, it looks like noone has the lair save game files you are looking for and are just repeating the same unhelpful advice.
    I tried to google to help but I only found NA game saves, and they were game complete. :/

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Erwin, it looks like noone has the lair save game files you are looking for and are just repeating the same unhelpful advice.
    I tried to google to help but I only found NA game saves, and they were game complete. :/
    Yeah,
    the fact that the game is complete is no problem, I completed the game before I cna just skip that mission, and keep playing... if only my old Ps3 would still be aboove water (Yes it sank in a boating accident)

Veteran
    Sending a game copy back I got 6 years ago, from a store which is bankrupt for 4 years. I don't think it'll work
    thats not what i meant
    inside game manual is a customer service number...the publisher will replace damaged disks for a small fee

Elite Guru
    If he won't spend a paltry £4 (or equivalent currency) on a second hand copy I can't see him paying a fee for disc replacement from the publisher if they'd do it for him. It's on principle, after all...

My new advice is forget about the game and move on. The chances of someone supplying a suitable save are slim to none.

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    If he won't spend a paltry £4 (or equivalent currency) on a second hand copy I can't see him paying a fee for disc replacement from the publisher if they'd do it for him. It's on principle, after all...

My new advice is forget about the game and move on. The chances of someone supplying a suitable save are slim to none.

First part yes, second part, nope. The game has sold thousands ten-thousands hundered-thousands! there must be someone to help me! And I didn't get the game second hand wanna know why? this is why:

I got my Ps3 second hand (not the game ;D) and got it home, worked like a dream played it for ages played "Lair", untill my blue ray drive overheated (Yes only the drive, not the console itself). A game would play for 10 minutes, then the Drive would just stop loading stuff form the disc, I had to cool the disc drive down, and play for 10 minutes again, because it would just turn black if I rebooted it right away. I could play demo's all day long, and me being the only one with this problem I kinda got stuck here, I got a new blue ray reader, same issue.. so I said $#@! it maybe it is software right? So I reformatted reļnstalled rebooted re-everythinged including my savegames being accidently deleted. After that I lost and and threw the bloody thing behind the TV and stopped caring.

Then Infamous 2 came out. and I HAD to have it so I started exploring using downloadable games from the store. I played some games like red dead redemption till death, and everything went fine again, until my Ps3 started overheating. Having reapplied the thermal paste some times for the blue ray issues, and after doing it again 3 times anyhow it didn't work.

Ergo I bought a new one, on the day of this post, finally being able to play my disc games again (and having a new HD TV) I started up lair, and here we are.

So, if anyone has a savegame, I would really like it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Rent
    I remember the 25 character minimum from back when the site was more heavily moderated. Good times.

I'm actually surprised that anyone's playing lair because:

1. It sucks. Really. It wasn't the tilt based flying, it was that it was glitchy as hell and had a horrible lock on system. Oh, and outside of some cut scenes, it looked like crap. I had also been playing Shadow of the Colossus, and honestly, SotC looked WAY better than Lair 95% of the time, and that was on the PS2. The only thing that looked better on Lair was the Humans in the cut scenes, and even THEY stared off into space.
    2. It's OLD and there is such a huge collection of good games now...
    3. It sucks. Really.

I couldn't get past the part where you switch sides, because the mission system was messed up, and I was so fed up with the glitches that I sold it and put that money toward another game... Lair was the first game purchase I regretted (Loco Roco Cocoreccho being the second not TOO long afterward)

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtheduck View Post
    I remember the 25 character minimum from back when the site was more heavily moderated. Good times.

I'm actually surprised that anyone's playing lair because:

1. It sucks. Really. It wasn't the tilt based flying, it was that it was glitchy as hell and had a horrible lock on system. Oh, and outside of some cut scenes, it looked like crap. I had also been playing Shadow of the Colossus, and honestly, SotC looked WAY better than Lair 95% of the time, and that was on the PS2. The only thing that looked better on Lair was the Humans in the cut scenes, and even THEY stared off into space.
    2. It's OLD and there is such a huge collection of good games now...
    3. It sucks. Really.

I couldn't get past the part where you switch sides, because the mission system was messed up, and I was so fed up with the glitches that I sold it and put that money toward another game... Lair was the first game purchase I regretted (Loco Roco Cocoreccho being the second not TOO long afterward)

Dear Duckduck or something,

I usually appriciate people posting on my forums, but not you,
    I didn't come here to read your opinion of the game, I love it and always will.
    disgarding a game because it is old is stupid, and for a Ps3 launch title it looks great.
    the fact you weren't able to play it doesn't mean nobody was.

now, if anyone can supply a savegame, that would be great.
    Last edited by TwentyThree; 07-11-2012 at 17:34. Reason: Flaming.

Elite Guru
    First part yes, second part, nope. The game has sold thousands ten-thousands hundered-thousands! there must be someone to help me! And I didn't get the game second hand wanna know why? this is why:

I got my Ps3 second hand (not the game ;D) and got it home, worked like a dream played it for ages played "Lair", untill my blue ray drive overheated (Yes only the drive, not the console itself). A game would play for 10 minutes, then the Drive would just stop loading stuff form the disc, I had to cool the disc drive down, and play for 10 minutes again, because it would just turn black if I rebooted it right away. I could play demo's all day long, and me being the only one with this problem I kinda got stuck here, I got a new blue ray reader, same issue.. so I said $#@! it maybe it is software right? So I reformatted reļnstalled rebooted re-everythinged including my savegames being accidently deleted. After that I lost and and threw the bloody thing behind the TV and stopped caring.

Then Infamous 2 came out. and I HAD to have it so I started exploring using downloadable games from the store. I played some games like red dead redemption till death, and everything went fine again, until my Ps3 started overheating. Having reapplied the thermal paste some times for the blue ray issues, and after doing it again 3 times anyhow it didn't work.

Ergo I bought a new one, on the day of this post, finally being able to play my disc games again (and having a new HD TV) I started up lair, and here we are.

So, if anyone has a savegame, I would really like it.
    The point I'll make is that it's so slim a chance of getting a save that you'll spend more time and effort searching for it than you would just buying a fresh second hand at a rock bottom price. It really is the path of least resistance.

PSN ID
    Erwinkooitje
    The point I'll make is that it's so slim a chance of getting a save that you'll spend more time and effort searching for it than you would just buying a fresh second hand at a rock bottom price. It really is the path of least resistance.

I like ressistance (not the game), and again rebuying the game is all about the idea, no.. and other people my come across this topic via google, having the same issue.

Thread Information