Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    My friends and I are happy with this game. We like Super Smash Bros. but seeing Sony characters also fight is fun.
    We like Nintendo and Sony. I don't know why people should hate. Most people I know like it. Especially Toro is new character.

Master Poster
    Because it can't compete with SSB games.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The obvious reason would be what everyone has already specified which is its very similar to SSMB from the LOOKS of it.

is it HATE or disappointment? Maybe a combination of both. I have NO interest but I am interested in seeing how well the game does when its release sept 14th?

I dont see this game being a success as big as the SSMB series but hey i can be wrong?

4. Likes The Cage likes this post

First: I read it as "so much hate". I didn't catch it until you said something. xD

Second: I totally agree, I think this is gonna be a great game. Though it may not be ground-breaking, it's definitely a title that I wanna get. I mean what other Playstation game is a multiplayer game that really brings people to play together for what could be so often? I see it as a breakthrough for Sony, something they could really thrive off of if the game has a great feel to it. I for one love the idea of what this game will be. Especially if they do it right and there are little to no broken characters in the game.
    Playing the brain game.

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Because it can't compete with SSB games.
    When was the last time anyone competed with Nintendo in that particular genre?
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    many try to but they fail , and i was saying why ppl hate this game, also let's be honest it's nothing like SSB games... nothing tops that

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'd say Power stone for dreamcast woudlve been the only comparable game. 4 player fighting game..

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Supersmash bros is a genre in my opinion. So of course when you make a game that has the same genre it's gonna be up the same alleyway so to speak.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    many try to but they fail , and i was saying why ppl hate this game, also let's be honest it's nothing like SSB games... nothing tops that
    Many try? PSABR will be the second game of this kind/genre AFAIK.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I think it's refreshing to see someone enter the genre dominated by SSB for many years. Though people seem to forget that it was actually Sega who first did a mix charactar fighter all those years ago, SSB has made the genre it's own. Hopefully All Stars turns out to be a good game, I like what I've seen so far and now seems a better time than ever for Sony to go ahead with something like this, considering they've been in the games industry for a long time now, they've got a ton of IP and 3rd party IPs that are synonymous with the PS brand to choose from. It all makes sense ^.^

Like people have said though, it's the obvious copy catting that is off putting. But then again if it's a good game, it's a good game. It needs to have some unique elements to it for it to really succeed though

12. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I think it's refreshing to see someone enter the genre dominated by SSB for many years. Though people seem to forget that it was actually Sega who first did a mix charactar fighter all those years ago, SSB has made the genre it's own. Hopefully All Stars turns out to be a good game, I like what I've seen so far and now seems a better time than ever for Sony to go ahead with something like this, considering they've been in the games industry for a long time now, they've got a ton of IP and 3rd party IPs that are synonymous with the PS brand to choose from. It all makes sense ^.^

Like people have said though, it's the obvious copy catting that is off putting. But then again if it's a good game, it's a good game. It needs to have some unique elements to it for it to really succeed though

http://www.captainwilliams.co.uk/son...e_fighters.php

Yea but this was a more traditional one on one fighting game and was only release in arcades.... I think power stone is more comparable with the exception of franchise mascots involved

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Many try? PSABR will be the second game of this kind/genre AFAIK.
    I meant, many try to compete with nintendo games not SSB

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post

http://www.captainwilliams.co.uk/son...e_fighters.php

Yea but this was a more traditional one on one fighting game and was only release in arcades.... I think power stone is more comparable with the exception of franchise mascots involved
    I was referring to Fighters Megamix on the Saturn. It was also a one one one fighting game, but was the first to have charactars from different games fighting against one another. Like I said SSB has made that idea/genre it's own, and rightfully dominates

In terms of gameplay Power Stone is definitely the most comparable with SSB. I was talking more about the idea of mixing charactars from different games into a fighter, which isn't what Power Stone is, as far as I know
    Last edited by Nitey; 07-11-2012 at 00:43.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    PASBR will be the first DIRECT competition to SSB series should be interesting. I'd def like to get my hands on it and play it but even then i dont think that would be enough for me to warrant a purchase.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    PASBR will be the first DIRECT competition to SSB series should be interesting. I'd def like to get my hands on it and play it but even then i dont think that would be enough for me to warrant a purchase.
    I agree, also the game doesn't really have many chars and the gameplay looks limited

Elite Member
    All this game needs is Sackboy, Nariko, and the original Dante or Virgil from Devil May Cry and I'm sold. Heihachi was a good start since I'm a Tekken fan but I'm still on the fence right now.

19. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Perhaps IF everyone seen in the original teaser is in it, then I may give it a chance. where is that video anyways?,....

Silly me I really meant this vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mdWkKKSckNk
    Last edited by D3seeker; 07-11-2012 at 18:32.

Supreme Veteran
    I agree with what Abdou23 posted earlier.

What I saw of it from E3 had nothing to offer me personally, but there was nothing wrong with the title either, it should please those looking for a SSB esque title with Playstation stars.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

PSN ID
    curly_jefferson
    cant wait for it. should be decent if its anything like super smash bros.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmind View Post
    I personally have no beef with it at all. I reserve my judgement for games I actually play extensively. I do think that most of the hate stems from the point that the game looks extremely similar to Smash Brothers games.
    I'm with you on this. I'm trying to figure out why anyone would be mad that a game was like SSB. It could be worse. It could be modeled after that TMNT fighting game.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Other_
    If you've been reading our features, you guys would know how excited I am for this game. It's going to be great.

Follow me on Twitter @DonOther

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The developers of the game saw Smash Bros and basically did a copy paste job......
    Question: Do you view Kinect as Copy-paste of Eyetoy? If so, then fine. You can say that about Playstation all-star battle too.

I think it could be cool, and it does change up the SSB formula a bit, too. It's not 100% copy paste.

Master Poster
    I still say Nothing tops SSB

Dedicated Member
    Personally, I just don't feel PlayStation has to great history and roster of characters to warrant an "All-Star" brawler game like Nintendo does with SSB. Plus we all know it won't have to amazing soundtrack SSB has either.

Nobody is going to give a $#@! about most characters in PS All Stars. So at the end of the day, it's going to be an off brand SSB that people are going to make fun of. I'm personally not buying it because I think it's going to be a joke.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Personally, I just don't feel PlayStation has to great history and roster of characters to warrant an "All-Star" brawler game like Nintendo does with SSB. Plus we all know it won't have to amazing soundtrack SSB has either.

Nobody is going to give a $#@! about most characters in PS All Stars. So at the end of the day, it's going to be an off brand SSB that people are going to make fun of. I'm personally not buying it because I think it's going to be a joke.
    LOL what and what? I think PlayStation has a very rich history and roster of characters, probably one of the most diverse out there actually. As someone who has been a PlayStation gamer since the launch of the O.G PS, I certainly give a $#@! about the chance of having all of the characters spanning over 15 years in one brawler. You sound a bit bitter that Sony is moving in on the genre...

Last edited by Ghost; 07-13-2012 at 07:02.

Thread Information