Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    lol that poster u just made was so random and unrealistic... Digimon? Seriously? And Kingdom Hearts is not a PS exclusive series. Restistance is pretty much dead, and the monster hunter anime characters? And props for using the Solid Snake from Smash Bros. Brawl's render of him...

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    Personally, I just don't feel PlayStation has to great history and roster of characters to warrant an "All-Star" brawler game like Nintendo does with SSB.
    I disagree. They could still announce some of the following characters:

Jak & Daxter
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Ratchet & Clank
    Solid Snake and/or Big Boss
    Cloud Strife and/or Sephiroth
    Lara Croft
    Auron
    Gabriel "Gabe" Logan
    Wander
    Amaterasu
    LocoRoco
    Cole MacGrath
    Chimera Hybrid
    Sora and/or Riku
    Nariko
    Dante
    Sir Daniel Fortesque
    Pipo Monkey
    Serge of Chrono Cross (wishful thinking)
    Dart
    Jumping Flash
    Maximo

Plus we all know it won't have to amazing soundtrack SSB has either.
    Why?

Nobody is going to give a $#@! about most characters in PS All Stars. So at the end of the day, it's going to be an off brand SSB that people are going to make fun of.
    People like yourself, maybe. Or the hardcore Nintendo fans.

I think it's going to be a joke.
    Or you could reserve your judgement for when you actually play the game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-13-2012 at 09:46.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

3. Likes PSgamer28, Ghost likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    lol that poster u just made was so random and unrealistic... Digimon? Seriously? And Kingdom Hearts is not a PS exclusive series. Restistance is pretty much dead, and the monster hunter anime characters? And props for using the Solid Snake from Smash Bros. Brawl's render of him...
    They dont have to be exclusives, what made Sony Sony in the first couple of Gens were their amazing 3rd party support. Youre just being a negative nancy

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Cmon, now ayou are splitting hairs. Kingdom Hearts isn't exclusive to PlayStation? is Metal Gear Solid exclusive to Nintendo? Snake is synonymous with PlayStation. Infact up until the HD collection, majority of Snakes adventures were exlusive to the Sony platform, so you can throw that point away.

Resistance is dead? That has nothing to do with anything. Resistance was a flagship title for the console at launch and the IP has a place in the game hearts of many fans.

We haven't seen the full roster, nor do we know the extent of the battle customisations that have been talked about, nor have we played the game. However, it is being made by vets of the fighting game genre and has Seth Killian on board now so the game has promising foundations. You need not be bitter about Sony having a go at the genre, especially with the broad width of interesting IPs at their disposal. As Blacksite has listed and demoed, there are TONS of awesome possibilities.

Dedicated Member
    @Blacksite

No, no and more no. I said PLAYSTATION doesn't have a great history of characters as in the first party games. That list u just made was just some fanboyish pot of characters from all over the place. If characters came from all over the place like that then it may as well be called "Video Game All Stars". PS characters themselves wouldn't grab a huge deal of attention from people like Smash Bros can.

The soundtrack more then likey (won't) be anywhere near as epic as Super Smash Bros. Brawl's is. That game had well over 200 or 300 hundred tunes I think. Nintendo's music is far more iconic then PS's. And yes this game is already a joke to gamers for obvious reasons. It's a blatant rip off of you know who. Props to PS for trying I guess, but gamers will shun this title. It's only the PS fanbase "hyped" for it. And not even all of them are on board.

@GhostRhayne & KillingSpree

Ya I know that any type of these games these days are going to have a few non first party characters, it's a given, but the PS chars themselves don't have much of a leg to stand on. And yes Resistance is a dead franchise.

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but I can easily understand the hate for this game. For it's not "hate" it's "is Sony really going to try the SSB thing? yea...... sure.....". And I gurantee you that's what going to gamers minds outside the PS world and rightfully so. Should Microsoft do a MS All Stars?.....
    Last edited by Versus; 07-13-2012 at 14:23.

8. Likes The Cage likes this post
    PSU Editorial Assistant
    PSN ID
    Diablo_Rosso
    Items User name styleManchester UnitedPlayStation
    Personally I'm looking forward to it. I've wanted a game like this on PlayStation for some time since I'm a fan of the cross over fighting game idea. I hope Snake, Crash and Lara Croft are in it. They represent PlayStation for me and non of them are PS exclusive but that doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter if not every character is known by the masses, this type of game can raise awareness for those characters, which is why Kat from Gravity Rush should be in it, for example. Not every character in Smash Brothers is well known either. The biggest different betwenn SSB and PSASBR is the fact that the latter will more than likely have a wider range of characters, since all Nintendo characters have a cartoony look to them and wouldn't look out of the place in the same game universe.

I'm not hating on SSB since I like the style of the game and I like how it plays. Why is it a bad thing that there's another one on non-Nintendo platforms?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    @Blacksite

No, no and more no. I said PLAYSTATION doesn't have a great history of characters as in the first party games. That list u just made was just some fanboyish pot of characters from all over the place. If characters came from all over the place like that then it may as well be called "Video Game All Stars". PS characters themselves wouldn't grab a huge deal of attention from people like Smash Bros can.

The soundtrack more then likey (won't) be anywhere near as epic as Super Smash Bros. Brawl's is. That game had well over 200 or 300 hundred tunes I think. Nintendo's music is far more iconic then PS's. And yes this game is already a joke to gamers for obvious reasons. It's a blatant rip off of you know who. Props to PS for trying I guess, but gamers will shun this title. It's only the PS fanbase "hyped" for it. And not even all of them are on board.

Ya I know that any type of these games these days are going to have a few non first party characters, it's a given, but the PS chars themselves don't have much of a leg to stand on. And yes Resistance is a dead franchise.

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy but I can easily understand the hate for this game. For it's not "hate" it's "is Sony really going to try the SSB thing? yea...... sure.....". And I gurantee you that's what going to gamers minds outside the PS world and rightfully so. Should Microsoft do a MS All Stars?.....
    PLAYSTATION doesn't have a great history of characters as in the first party games? Why are you even making this point? SSB has 3rd party in there...like Sonic . SSB roster has about half a dozen characters each from Pokemon, the Mario world and the Zelda world (thats almost half the roster taken from three IPs lol), then some obscure characters...like Ice Climber? lol. Give me a break. If I were to make a list of PlayStation characters and drew from those IPs I could also have a nice roster:

Sir Daniel Fortesque
    Sly Racoon
    Bently
    Murray
    Ratchet & Clank
    Dr Nerfarious
    Cpt Quirk
    Cole McGrath
    Zeke
    Nathan Hale
    Chimera
    Colonel Radek
    Rico
    Nathan Drake
    Sully
    Gabe Logan
    Nariko
    Sackboy
    Sweet Tooth
    Parappa the Rapper
    Kratos
    Emmet Graves
    Journey Traveler
    Tidus
    Auron
    Waka
    Ico

etc etc. That's even before I get into 3rd party characters who are synonymous with the PlayStation brand due to their pioneering presense, like Chris Redfield, Lara Croft, Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Crash Bandicoot etc etc. Seriously, PSABR roster is going to trump SSB, and wont needto draw 50% of it's roster from the three IPs I mentioned. It already looks better, plays differently and is, IMO, a much bigger fan service to those familiar with the PlayStation legacy.

11. Likes skinny_jr, AaronSOLDIER , Fon likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Man, Versus is on a roll!

trolololol

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Fon , MartyRules, Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Man, Versus is on a roll!

trolololol
    Yeah, a sausage roll.

15. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Fon , A7, MartyRules, Wrath likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    @Blacksite

Playstation has been running for over 15 years and has been pumping exclusives like crazy since launch. I dont understand your post. It just sounds like youre hating just to hate.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    Playstation has been running for over 15 years and has been pumping exclusives like crazy since launch. I dont understand your post. It just sounds like youre hating just to hate.
    Pretty much this. He's bashing a roster we haven't seen completed, music we haven't heard and gameplay we haven't played. Someone is just a bit bitter that Sony has what it takes to enter into the IP brawl arena.

19. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Fon likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    The character models look pretty good, actually. Check out this screenshot:

21. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Poster

PSN ID
    macdaddy-v
    it just seems like another modnation racers... sony hypes it up alot and amybe faisl to lvie upto its expectations

24. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Thanks for sharing this vid. 3D Dot Heroes is a great game, paying homage to the rpgs of yesteryear, having many references to NES games through out...Why are you posting this though? "Sony copying Nintendo again!!!" lol Sony didn't develop or publish this game...

Man some people are super touchy about this game, as if the IP brawler domain was a Nintendo exclusive genre that evil Sony is infringing upon.

26. Likes MartyRules, AaronSOLDIER , Fon likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Thanks for sharing this vid. 3D Dot Heroes is a great game, paying homage to the rpgs of yesteryear, having many references to NES games through out...Why are you posting this though? "Sony copying Nintendo again!!!" lol Sony didn't develop or publish this game...

Man some people are super touchy about this game, as if the IP brawler domain was a Nintendo exclusive genre that evil Sony is infringing upon.

Just to show what i meant on my earlier post,

and Modnation racers was made to compete with Mario Kart but it failed
    and now LBP Karting, we'll see how that works out

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Just to show what i meant on my earlier post,

and Modnation racers was made to compete with Mario Kart but it failed
    and now LBP Karting, we'll see how that works out
    I don't think it has anything to do with competing with Nintendo titles, but rather providing that experience for PlayStation owners. Modnation Racers wasn't even Sony's first foray into Kart racers, that happened 13 years ago with Crash Team Racing on the PlayStation.

As I've mentioned before, people's panties are bunching only because the IP brawl genre is relatively untouched. People need to stop being so precious about it...All Stars is looking great and has a much more diverse and interesting roster than SSB imo, I'll probably get it on both PS3 and Vita.

29. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Poster
    I don't think it has anything to do with competing with Nintendo titles, but rather providing that experience for PlayStation owners. Modnation Racers wasn't even Sony's first foray into Kart racers, that happened 13 years ago with Crash Team Racing on the PlayStation.

As I've mentioned before, people's panties are bunching only because the IP brawl genre is relatively untouched. People need to stop being so precious about it...All Stars is looking great and has a much more diverse and interesting roster than SSB imo, I'll probably get it on both PS3 and Vita.
    Oh yeah? explain ps move then, sony is a copy cat just admit it

.All Stars is looking great and has a much more diverse and interesting roster than SSB imo
    You're kidding right?
    Last edited by The Cage; 07-15-2012 at 21:58.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    At least it'll be better than PoS XIII/2.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Ultimate Veteran
    Except Sony had an early prototype for the PlayStation Move back in 2001.

You're kidding right?
    It's an opinion. Have you ever considered the possibility that there are people who are tired of Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda and Mario? This game is supposed to cater to PlayStation fans.

33. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Except Sony had an early prototype for the PlayStation Move back in 2001.

It's an opinion. Have you ever considered the possibility that there are people who are tired of Pokemon, Metroid, Zelda and Mario? This game is supposed to cater to PlayStation fans.
    I'd never get tired of SSB.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

You're kidding right?
    As Blacksite mentions above...I wish people would get their facts straight on this $#@!. Move was in development while the Wii was just a twinkle in Nintendos eye.

Also no I'm not kidding. SSB takes almost half of its roster from 3 IPs. That's not diversity IMO. Battle Royale is shaping to up not only exhibit the best stars of Sony's first party, but stars that have appeared on Sony's consoles through its history. Again, as Blacksite speculated, I am bored to hell with $#@!in mario and pikachu. Nintendo just milk the same IPs over and over and over and over. So yeah, it is looking to be much more diverse and interesting than SSB to me.
    Last edited by Ghost; 07-16-2012 at 06:58.

36. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    i'm indifferent about it, i'd want something light hearted and goofy. everything has to be serious and shooter-ific. and a fighting game definitely isn't in my interest

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Master Poster
    As Blacksite mentions above...I wish people would get their facts straight on this $#@!. Move was in development while the Wii was just a twinkle in Nintendos eye.
    Proove it

Also no I'm not kidding. SSB takes almost half of its roster from 3 IPs. That's not diversity IMO. Battle Royale is shaping to up not only exhibit the best stars of Sony's first party, but stars that have appeared on Sony's consoles through its history. Again, as Blacksite speculated, I am bored to hell with $#@!in mario and pikachu. Nintendo just milk the same IPs over and over and over and over. So yeah, it is looking to be much more diverse and interesting than SSB to me
    No one forced you to play SSB, it's not for you, also that's just your opinion.
    Last edited by The Cage; 07-16-2012 at 09:53.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Research on the PlayStation Move began as early as 2001, stemming from parallel development of the EyeToy which was eventually released in 2003. An early prototype version of the Move was demonstrated in a technology demo known as "Magic Duel" in 2001, in which developers experimented with color-based 3D controller tracking,[42] including prototypes using spheres
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ps_move

The console was conceived in 2001, as the Nintendo GameCube was first seeing release. According to an interview with Nintendo's game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, the concept involved focusing on a new form of player interaction. "The consensus was that power isn't everything for a console. Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction."[15]

Two years later, engineers and designers were brought together to develop the concept further. By 2005, the controller interface had taken form,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#History

You're welcome.

Thread Information