Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Why is this game getting some much hate. It's unreal.

First of all i think this game is brilliant. Da, da, da it's Playstation All Stars Battle Royal. I've seen games get plenty of hate before like call of duty for example. I was just looking up gameplay for this game and it has so many dislikes and it's not just one video. Do you think it will affect it's sales anyhow? I'm getting the game regardless!

Edit i meant so much hate. INB4 the grammar nazis.
    Last edited by Silvy; 07-09-2012 at 02:25.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

PSN ID
    Pro-ModeZz
    yea

3. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haters gonna hate man lol personally i think its shaping up pretty well.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

5. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Fister Roboto
    I personally have no beef with it at all. I reserve my judgement for games I actually play extensively. I do think that most of the hate stems from the point that the game looks extremely similar to Smash Brothers games.

"The Secret Ingredient Is Phone"

7. Likes A7MAD likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Unfortunately many people don't know the difference between hating and not caring.And they can't express the right feeling.For example i have absolutely no interest in this game,but do i hate it ? no i simply not interested in it. To say i hate it means the game is poorly executed,Which i don't think is true.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    Unfortunately many people don't know the difference between hating and not caring.And they can't express the right feeling.For example i have absolutely no interest in this game,but do i hate it ? no i simply not interested in it. To say i hate it means the game is poorly executed,Which i don't think is true.
    I totally agree. I have absolutely no interest in this game either but that doesn't mean I'm a hater or that it isnt a good game. It just means that its not my type of game. Therefore I dont care about it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Good post Abdou23. I'll get to know whether I don't like the game when I get to try it... right now I'm just not really interested in it.

11. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    The developers of the game saw Smash Bros and basically did a copy paste job......

13. Likes 33x likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The developers of the game saw Smash Bros and basically did a copy paste job......
    True, but this happens all the time in games. Every military FPS is basically just a copy paste job of other military FPS games. People dig on PASBR cause it's the only other IP brawler game which in itself is a rare genre.

15. Likes Fon , Kauldron likes this post
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    True, but this happens all the time in games. Every military FPS is basically just a copy paste job of other military FPS games. People dig on PASBR cause it's the only other IP brawler game which in itself is a rare genre.
    My thoughts exactly.

And this is the kind of game that could attract and put off a lot people simply because of the roster. If a guy's favorite characters aren't in this game, yet a lot of characters he doesn't care for, chances are he may not buy it.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I dont hate it, but the Super Smash Bros clone game doesnt interest me at all, i want a mature serious game these days

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    i wouldnt go so far as to say that i have any kind of hate for the game, im just not very interested in it. I didnt really enjoy Smash Bros when that came out for the N64, so im not quite sure how this game is going to interest me. If i want to play a fighting game, ill probably just pick up my Mortal Kombat, wether its on the PSVita or PS3 =P

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    Let them hate, who cares. If they want to miss out on a fun looking game then let them. Your only concern should be on how good the game is.

I am actually very excited for the game and will most likely get it within the first week. Loved SSB and this looks very promising.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Forum Sage
    I totally agree. I'm not interested in the game and I'm not following it but I certainly don't think Sony will allow for a game like this to be average. It will be a decent fighter and I'm sure it should have decent sales too.

I do get where people are saying it's a SB rip off are coming from but as Ghost said, there isn't anything else like SB so of course it's going to get called that. At least until another company releases the same kind game

BBK. Tapatalking.

21. Likes Abdou23 likes this post
    PSN ID
    D-S-N-C-B
    I have interest. I understand that some people don't. The games looks fun and I think I will enjoy playing.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    No interest in it, but it looks ok, and i'm sure kids will buy it..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Because its a ripoff of SSB, personally though I love SSB games and think PS characters would be way better for a brawler like this, need to see more though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Well I for one am really excited for this, especially since Seth Killian joined the team =P. Though, I doubt he can make much of an impact considering the game is set for release in October.

I can't wait to see what other charactars they've got on the roster.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Interested, yes. That is why I finally saw it was put of by it's presentation. It's too damn cartoony!! I for one was hoping it would be a more mature, gritty, involved fighter, NOT BRAWL with PS characters!! F*$%ing cookie cutter B>llsh#*

Besides if you ARE uninterested why even stop to check out the game in the first place?

Apprentice

PSN ID
    CMac-19
    A lot of people are hating on it saying it's just a rip off of ssb, but that doesn't bother me as long as it improves on ssb.

Ultimate Veteran
    My main concern lies with both the character roster and visuals. The former of which is starting to show promise now that we have characters like Heihachi Mishima and Toro a.k.a. Sony Cat making the cut. It goes to show that we'll probably see more PSone/PS2 icons. I've mentioned before that I'd love to see Raziel, Sir Daniel Fortesque and Cloud Strife included as well.

I can see why the game is getting a lot of hate though because some of the more hardcore Nintendo fans feel like Sony shouldn't have their own exclusive 4-player arena brawler. But like CMac21 pointed out, if it improves on the formula then it's really not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-09-2012 at 19:07.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Except it doesn't play like SSB at all. The cartooniness and four player brawl set up is as far as it goes.

As a person above said, its is in the IP brawler genre which is extremely rare.

I think I remember an Onimusha IP brawler from Capcom but I can't think of another.

Veteran
    Unreal? I think you're giving the gaming community too much credit.

It's more often that we get cynical and/or defensive over something that threatens to change or imitate something "everybody loves" before we give it a fair chance. If we don't think it's a copycat, we think it's uninspired for trying so hard to do so. Then the game comes out. The reactions to PlayStation All-Stars is a textbook example.

For what it's worth, I think the game, as a concept, has tons of potential. After seeing its more obvious gameplay elements directly taking a page out of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (particularly the special moves), what it plans to do with that potential remains to be seen.
    Last edited by Bio; 07-10-2012 at 05:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Forum Sage
    @Ghost - Yeah, I know. I realize that.....but it's not what I wanted.

@Kauldron - How different is going to play? I've watched a few videos of it, where does the....or how is it different?

I just wanted Sony to do something different than Smash Bros, something that is more like PowerStone.

The general idea of the game is still the same and I wasn't a big fan of Smash Bros......that's why I am somewhat disappointed.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I personally prefer an RPG with all of Sony's characters but one can only dream. I'm interested in the game and more so since it's coming to the Vita.

Thread Information