View Poll Results: Did the punishment fit the crime?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the punishment was perfect for the crime.

2 8.33%
  • No, the punishment was too much for the crime.

7 29.17%
  • No, the punishment was too little for the crime.

15 62.50%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Are you even reading my posts? I am very aware that it has nothing to do with Vicks case. Not a damn thing anyone says outside of his case has anything to do with him. I am ONLY using other examples to explain why I felt Vicks punishment was too harsh. I feel like a broken record now lol.

Want something more towards Vicks case? The US Marine that tossed a puppy over the cliff and recorded it with his phone. How much time did he spend in prison? Ya, he didn't.

I will use whatever examples I want to explain why Vick was punished too harshly. These are dogs with an average life of maybe 12-15yrs. My other examples are of real people that live a hell of a lot longer. We live in a country where animal killing serves more time than killing people.

Hey I love lobsters! Yet people boil them alive! That sounds cruel as hell to me. But since we like to eat them I guess it is ok to torture them......
    Maybe you need to learn more about the case lol. I guess people catching fish on a hook should be serving time too. A Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff doesn't have anything remotely the same as what Vick was charged with, and given a plea deal about lol. His punishment was definitely not harsh. Doesn't matter at all what other crimes are, what penalties are, etc. If someone was charged with murdering several people, and admitted to it, was convicted, they'd be punished more than Vick was.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    U gotta be kidding me?! i didnt even know this. he got sent to prison over fricking dogs, just dogs?! i really hate people that treat worthless animals like humans. i cant fathom how people can go to prison over a $#@!ing animal.

yes i hate dogs.

Zimmerman can shoot a kid and get a way with it? OJ can kill a woman and get a way with it, yet this dude does hard time OVER $#@!ING ANIMALS?!

this world is a joke.
    Some are starting to lean towards OJ's oldest son as the actual killer -- according to recent findings (in case you didn't hear about that).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    For what? If I wanted something $#@!ting, eating and taking my money I'd just have a kid.
    This kind of stuff is laughable my dogs are the best thing in my life no judgment just love. You are missing something from your soul if you side with mike vick the peice of $#@!

From my Damn phone

Dave
    People personally attacking Vick should really relax...while I can understand the frustration and source of anger, Vick isn't 100% responsible for his overall actions (despite it being his own decisions). Vick was raised around dog fighting and around a culture of people who pushed the belief that dog fighting was ok and not some cruel sport. When you're raised around that influence, there is a strong chance you're going to keep it. That's why it is always inspiring or somewhat of a shock when a successful person comes from a terrible childhood situation...like a Doctor being born and raised in Compton. There is more likelihood he'd die from a gun shot or join a gang than he would read a book and finish school. Vick was in the same situation as that, except instead of gang violence being acceptable, dog fighting was...and he fell "victim" to that influence.

Obviously that is no excuse, but hopefully you get what I mean.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    U gotta be kidding me?! i didnt even know this. he got sent to prison over fricking dogs, just dogs?! i really hate people that treat worthless animals like humans. i cant fathom how people can go to prison over a $#@!ing animal.

yes i hate dogs.

Zimmerman can shoot a kid and get a way with it? OJ can kill a woman and get a way with it, yet this dude does hard time OVER $#@!ING ANIMALS?!

this world is a joke.
    You won't feel the same way when you're the worthless animal being hurt.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

6. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Vick did a very $#@!ty thing but he served his punishment for it. I do believe that whole ordeal was about more than the dogs though. Its just that it was the only thing they could make stick. I think something else turned them on to him and they stumbled upon that.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Michael "Slick" Vick seems to be taking it well since his release from prison, so I assume that the time that he did in prison was bad enough. One thing many people jumped to conclusions about was what Vick was charged with, which was bankrolling a dogfighting ring, not fighting dogs, if he was convicted of fighting dogs he would have had a minumum of 5 years. He got cut from his team lost endorsements, shoes, everything he had, served his time in prison yet he was still protested and booed when he came from the locker room for Philly the first time. Just because he was in the limelight and committed a crime he deserved to die, have his testicles shot off, etc.? Really? People in the limelight have been convicted of far worse things and got off with a slap on the wrist and are still praised as deity to this day. Ben Rapelisberger raped not one, but two women before he had the NFL and his team take notice...and he still plays for his team. Hell Ray Lewis killed a guy then came back and led his team to a Super Bowl victory in the same season and still played for his team. Vick is a changed man. There was an app (game)on the Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) called Michael Vick Dogfighting that Vick stepped in to have Google remove it. He lost out on his number two Madden cover to that injury-faking $#@! Peyton Hillis (sour Browns fan here lol). He recently got married. My point is that he did his time in a correctional facility so there's no need to continue to hate on him. Star athletes are human too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

9. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Elite Member
    Just because he served what a judge and jury decided he serve doesn't mean that I have to agree with his sentence.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

11. Likes RaY_210 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    This thread reminds me of the thread about the women who threw a cat into a trashcan a few years ago.
    I'll just enjoy my popcorn, i think most people know how i feel about animals.
    how can you think about sex at a time like this?!?

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

13. Likes $Greatness$ , Lebowski likes this post
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by akhi216 View Post
    Michael "Slick" Vick seems to be taking it well since his release from prison, so I assume that the time that he did in prison was bad enough. One thing many people jumped to conclusions about was what Vick was charged with, which was bankrolling a dogfighting ring, not fighting dogs, if he was convicted of fighting dogs he would have had a minumum of 5 years. He got cut from his team lost endorsements, shoes, everything he had, served his time in prison yet he was still protested and booed when he came from the locker room for Philly the first time. Just because he was in the limelight and committed a crime he deserved to die, have his testicles shot off, etc.? Really? People in the limelight have been convicted of far worse things and got off with a slap on the wrist and are still praised as deity to this day. Ben Rapelisberger raped not one, but two women before he had the NFL and his team take notice...and he still plays for his team. Hell Ray Lewis killed a guy then came back and led his team to a Super Bowl victory in the same season and still played for his team. Vick is a changed man. There was an app (game)on the Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) called Michael Vick Dogfighting that Vick stepped in to have Google remove it. He lost out on his number two Madden cover to that injury-faking $#@! Peyton Hillis (sour Browns fan here lol). He recently got married. My point is that he did his time in a correctional facility so there's no need to continue to hate on him. Star athletes are human too.

This is a little off topic, but it's refreshing to see I'm not the only one who thinks Ben actually did rape those women.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Just because he served what a judge and jury decided he serve doesn't mean that I have to agree with his sentence.
    Well it's a good thing for Vick that you aren't in charge of that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Maybe you need to learn more about the case lol. I guess people catching fish on a hook should be serving time too. A Marine throwing a puppy off a cliff doesn't have anything remotely the same as what Vick was charged with, and given a plea deal about lol. His punishment was definitely not harsh. Doesn't matter at all what other crimes are, what penalties are, etc. If someone was charged with murdering several people, and admitted to it, was convicted, they'd be punished more than Vick was.
    I think that badge of yours is making you side with whatever the hell $#@!ty sentences or convictions are set by the system. Put the badge away and give us a normal opinion instead of one that feels like it was written for you lol.

I am pretty sure Dante Stallworth admitted he was drunk. Pretty hard to deny it anyways. And yes I know it has nothing to do with Vicks case. There is NOTHING that can be said about other crimes that are related to Vicks case. Just opinions as to why Vick was sentences too harshly.
    Last edited by Lethal; 07-10-2012 at 21:45.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by weskurtz81 View Post
    Too bad for him he wasn't fighting animals where it was culturally acceptable.
    Actually he did. Dirty South Dirty Dirty!!!

(Yes I paraphrased)

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    akhi216
    Vick has an autobiography being published September 4th of this year titled "Finally Free."

Thread Information