Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Obama vows end to Bush cuts,

http://www.politicususa.com/obama-dr...cuts-rich.html

Assuming he keeps his word, it's about $#@!ing time. The rich getting tax cuts was bull$#@! and everyone knew it.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    so having money is evil? how communist of them!

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    http://www.politicususa.com/obama-dr...cuts-rich.html

Assuming he keeps his word, it's about $#@!ing time. The rich getting tax cuts was bull$#@! and everyone knew it.
    Well, between removing the tax cuts on families making more than $250K and all the tax increases that are part of Obamacare, maybe they will make up for the trillion plus deficits we have been running.... oh... wait.... they will still have to cut spending by over a trillion dollars to make up for the deficits.

Another interesting factoid, wealthy Americans are renouncing citizenship at a record pace, not sure what the driving factors are, but interesting none the less.

Anyway, of the $4+ trillion in tax cuts (over 10 years) that were part of the Bush tax cuts, stripping this part out will add back about $80 billion a year over 10 years or $800 Billion.... what about the other $3.5 trillion in tax cuts for the rich? All I've ever heard is that the Bush tax cuts were only tax cuts for the rich so shouldn't they all be rolled back?
    Last edited by weskurtz81; 07-10-2012 at 04:54.
    "you are both the product and the architect of your environment"

Unbound Mercenary
    Yeah, Obama keeping his word on any of his promises would surprise me anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    so having money is evil? how communist of them!
    lol, its funny how the successful are punished for being that way. Its only a matter of time before all the rich people just say "$#@! it" and leave the country.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Yeah, Obama keeping his word on any of his promises would surprise me anyway.
    Got bin laden, universal health care, ended DADT, and responsibly ended the war in Iraq and shifted resources to Afghan. Those are just a few promises he kept, as well as others.

lol, its funny how the successful are punished for being that way. Its only a matter of time before all the rich people just say "$#@! it" and leave the country.
    The majority of Americans aren't rich anyway so it wouldn't bother people. And for those promising to leave if Obama gets reelected, should stick to that promise.

6. Likes Cyklops, Lethal , DayWalker likes this post
    The Heisman
    Bush tax cuts weren't meant to be permanent anyways...

Nor were they paid for.

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Bush tax cuts weren't meant to be permanent anyways...

Nor were they paid for.
    Paid for? You mean by spending cuts?

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Got bin laden, universal health care, ended DADT, and responsibly ended the war in Iraq and shifted resources to Afghan. Those are just a few promises he kept, as well as others.

The majority of Americans aren't rich anyway so it wouldn't bother people. And for those promising to leave if Obama gets reelected, should stick to that promise.
    Iraq requested that America leave its country...Obama didn't "end" anything. Not to mention that war "ended" the day Saddam was captured as that was the primary goal of the war. Just because the United States continued to occupy the country, doesn't mean the war was on going. The USA didn't leave Germany immediately following Hitler's death either.

And being responsible for Bin Laden is a stretch. He was in a small square room, not holding a gun. He also wasn't part of the search for the first 10 years either, which covered a tremendous amount of ground. The Bin Laden slaying is 100% attributed and awarded to Seal Team 6, not Obama.

The rest are true, IMO. I'm not here to debate it though -- so I'll leave my lone post in this thread at that.

10. Likes neoxthexone , Kwes , btbam likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    And being responsible for Bin Laden is a stretch. He was in a small square room, not holding a gun. He also wasn't part of the search for the first 10 years either, which covered a tremendous amount of ground. The Bin Laden slaying is 100% attributed and awarded to Seal Team 6, not Obama.
    Not to mention that it took him 16 or so hours to come to a decision. But you're right in that it has and always will be Seal Team 6 that got the job done.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-10-2012 at 17:13.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Is it just me or do these American political threads have the same recycled arguments from each side like every time?

I've been on the forums a long time and people rarely made political threads or complained about deficits/economy here before Obama was elected. (just an observation) I'm not saying complaining is a bad thing.. just that peoples interest in politics and the economy seems to have skyrocketed here on the forums after he was elected.

Was just wondering really what happened to spur this level of discussion that wasn't there before.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    Is it just me or do these American political threads have the same recycled arguments from each side like every time?

I've been on the forums a long time and people rarely made political threads or complained about deficits/economy here before Obama was elected. (just an observation) I'm not saying complaining is a bad thing.. just that peoples interest in politics and the economy seems to have skyrocketed here on the forums after he was elected.

Was just wondering really what happened to spur this level of discussion that wasn't there before.
    I think it's largely a result of the ailing economy (08-present). It doesn't seem like as many people get involved in politics when things aren't in such bad shape.

Beyond why so many people are involved now, there were plenty of people calling out the prior administration and congresses for the over spending they were doing up to this point, but I think when the deficits start breaking $1 Trillion per year people start getting a little more worked up.

Or, it could be that he's a black president and all those people complaining are nothing but a bunch of racists.... can't be sure.

Elite Member
    http://ntu.org/tax-basics/who-pays-income-taxes.html

It seems like the 1% is paying more than its fair share. Democrats scapegoating the wealthy isn't all that different than Republicans scapegoating the destitute. I mean, unless the percentage that the one-percenters are paying has substantially decreased in the past three years which I doubt.
    Last edited by TRF; 07-10-2012 at 18:27.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Forum Sage

Does make you wonder. Where was all this concern before we made the mistake of invading Iraq as well as other military actions?
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 07-10-2012 at 18:31.

Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover

we weren't able to make threads like this. and that was better i believe

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

17. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Iraq requested that America leave its country...Obama didn't "end" anything. Not to mention that war "ended" the day Saddam was captured as that was the primary goal of the war. Just because the United States continued to occupy the country, doesn't mean the war was on going. The USA didn't leave Germany immediately following Hitler's death either.

The rest are true, IMO. I'm not here to debate it though -- so I'll leave my lone post in this thread at that.
    you are lost in the sauce if you think the war ended when Saddam was captured back in 2003. $#@! really started to hit the fan after that.

Seal do deserve credit for superb execution but they don't deserve 100% credit because there are a lot of moving parts to an operation like that. The truth is that they don't make the call.They just execute. The go ahead comes from a higher authority. Obama made the call to implement the mission. He could of chickened out and not made the call or that mission could of ended in a disaster. If that would of happened then people would be crediting him for its failure and the possible death of military members in Pakistan. You can't have it both ways. Others have had similar chances and didn't make the call so he gets credit from me.

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    you are lost in the sauce if you think the war ended when Saddam was captured back in 2003. $#@! really started to hit the fan after that.

Seal do deserve credit for superb execution but they don't deserve 100% credit because there are a lot of moving parts to an operation like that. The truth is that they don't make the call.They just execute. The go ahead comes from a higher authority. Obama made the call to implement the mission. He could of chickened out and not made the call or that mission could of ended in a disaster. If that would of happened then people would be crediting him for its failure and the possible death of military members in Pakistan. You can't have it both ways. Others have had similar chances and didn't make the call so he gets credit from me.
    Dave talks as if had the United States said "naw we're gonna stay a bit longer" the Iraqi "government" would have any choice but to allow it. The war could have been continued indefinitely... Obama said he would draw the Iraq war down. He did. He said he would shift resources to Afghanistan. He did. And wow wouldn't ya know it... things get better when you don't half-ass a war with a less men than it takes to sell out the Staples Center...

And plz about the 16 hours... the evidence the OBL was in the compound was nowhere close to air tight... sorry for not rushing in guns blazing and taking a moment to consider the international and local fallout from ANOTHER failed attempt... (see Bora Bora... is that right? been awhile)

By Theft
    I am stunned that some people appear to love their Playstation(1,2,3) or Xbox(360) more than I love the Denver Broncos.
    Trust me, it's sad

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DayWalker View Post
    Dave talks as if had the United States said "naw we're gonna stay a bit longer" the Iraqi "government" would have any choice but to allow it. The war could have been continued indefinitely... Obama said he would draw the Iraq war down. He did. He said he would shift resources to Afghanistan. He did. And wow wouldn't ya know it... things get better when you don't half-ass a war with a less men than it takes to sell out the Staples Center...

And plz about the 16 hours... the evidence the OBL was in the compound was nowhere close to air tight... sorry for not rushing in guns blazing and taking a moment to consider the international and local fallout from ANOTHER failed attempt... (see Bora Bora... is that right? been awhile)
    16 hours seems like a pretty long moment to consider.

Administrator
    Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Lets try not taking this thread off topic, guys.

Obama vows end to Bush cuts

The Heisman
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    16 hours seems like a pretty long moment to consider.
    a briefing and a night to sleep on it. and got the job done.

edit
    sorry I was mid response...

back on topic...

By Theft
    Trust me, it's sad

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    I am no economist, but even if taxing the rich 100%, will it not still put a dent on the deficit and other obligations?

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Superior Member

Wow....I didn't know making over $250,000 as a family was rich? I also don't understand why we would want to raise ANYONE'S taxes. Fact is the rich own businesses, invest in businesses, and start businesses which all create jobs for us. They also spend tons of money that create jobs. Keep taking away from them and they buy fewer cars, jets, watches, clothes and invest less money because you tax their earnings from investing and dividends more...those investments allow companies to hire more people...I mean really why do you want to tax people even more when there is a recession. We should reward people for creating jobs and investing more not less. I just don't get the hate on the rich. Rich people gave me a job. They also buy tons of stuff that create other jobs...to me it makes no sense right now why we would be raising taxes on ANYONE.

If your worried about the debt than maybe the govt should balance their checkbook. Oh wait..the senate hasn't passed a budget in 3 years....Obama got his budget rejected 99-0...not even 1 singe democrat would support him. Fact is you spend less and you can balance the budget. Also if you want more revenue you create more jobs which causes tax revenues from income taxes to go up. It isn't tax more...its create more people to tax. I also wonder who decides who is rich? Guess I'm in the minority of liking rich people. Giving people more disposable income even rich people will cause them to spend more and invest more and will spur the economy. I would much rather that money go back into the economy creating jobs then go into the govt...where they will waste it on all kinds of useless crap. Including continuing entitlements to those that won't help themselves.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    I am no economist, but even if taxing the rich 100%, will it not still put a dent on the deficit and other obligations?
    This tax will not make much difference. As it is set to do it would raise about as much money as the govt spends in 8 1/2 days. The answer isn't taxing more..but both sides of reps and dems learn to spend less. Cutting spending is the solution to the debt...not taxing more. All that does is take money out of the economy where it could go towards investing in more jobs or spent on goods that result in businesses hiring more and into the govt coffers so they can waste it on some pork spending that both sides are guilty of.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    This tax will not make much difference. As it is set to do it would raise about as much money as the govt spends in 8 1/2 days. The answer isn't taxing more..but both sides of reps and dems learn to spend less. Cutting spending is the solution to the debt...not taxing more. All that does is take money out of the economy where it could go towards investing in more jobs or spent on goods that result in businesses hiring more and into the govt coffers so they can waste it on some pork spending that both sides are guilty of.
    Seconded. We didn't get into this mess because we didn't tax enough, we got where we are because we spent too much. We need to get people back to work so they can contribute to the tax base, employment will also stop them from dipping into the public coffers...Cut defense spending particularly in procurement and maintaining all our bases around the world. Slash entitlements...

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Forum Sage

Just a disclaimer. Best way to eliminate the bulk of the debt is to simply renounce it on the grounds that it violates existing contract laws. It's "A" simple solution to a simple problem. The best way to keep the debt from ever being an issue in the future is to spend as little as possible, reduce the size of government as much as possible and repeal the laws which would have us spend irresponsibly.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    So USA is going back to 70s style bush.

Thread Information