Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Rockstar Vancouver staff to join Rockstar Toronto, Bully 2 on the horizon?

You know what they say: Every time a window Vancouver studio closes, a door Toronto studio opens. Well maybe that's not how the saying goes, but tell that to Rockstar; the company has closed up its Vancouver, Canada facility, and opened up a new facility in Oakville, Ontario for Rockstar Toronto.

The Vancouver staff, which numbers around 35 and was last seen working on Max Payne 3, is being given the option of joining Toronto, or a different Rockstar studio.

The new Toronto facility, says Rockstar, is being built in conjunction with a deal from the Ontario government, though specifics on how much the deal is worth weren't available. Rockstar says the combined Canadian team will grow even further, with as many as 50 people being hired on in the future. As for the Vancouverites we hope they're flexible on location. Otherwise, we wish them well wherever they end up next.
    Source

Interesting to note that Bully was developed by Rockstar Vancouver, while the Wii version was developed by Rockstar Toronto. I don't think this necessarily means that a sequel to Bully is in development right now, since the move is said to happen over the next six months, but it's not uncommon for a development studio to revisit one of their older IPs. And they have said before that they "adore" Bully.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-10-2012 at 17:59.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Bully was awesome. I had endless hours on that game. We all loved it cause we could relate to it. We were going to high school at the time it came out. We had bullies and some of us had parents who didn't give a $#@! about us so they sent us to private schools while they were on vacation. And not only that, but the music and atmosphere of the game I loved very much. Made me feel like a kid. I hope the original comes to PS2 classics store. So pissed that 360 got the extended edition of it. That was bull$#@!!!

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    Vancouver to a place like Oakville.. quite a step down for families I guess but at least its more affordable. Apparently the provincial subsidies enticed them to move here. They were odd red positions at Rockstar Toronto but.. I wonder if most of the Vancouver staff will move out here or go to the MS studios in Vancouver or the ones in Seattle/California.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Bully was awesome. I had endless hours on that game. We all loved it cause we could relate to it. We were going to high school at the time it came out. We had bullies and some of us had parents who didn't give a $#@! about us so they sent us to private schools while they were on vacation. And not only that, but the music and atmosphere of the game I loved very much. Made me feel like a kid. I hope the original comes to PS2 classics store. So pissed that 360 got the extended edition of it. That was bull$#@!!!
    I just thought it was great how pretty much every character had their own personality. The melee combat was a lot of fun at the time and the story was paced well enough - more like GTA III and Vice City as opposed to San Andreas. I'm pretty sure I put a couple hundred hours into the game too. And it was also one of the better looking games for the PlayStation 2 since it was developed using a modified San Andreas engine.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-11-2012 at 01:45.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

That would be awesome if Bully 2 comes out. One of th best games I ever played on the ps2 and would love it to come to ps3.

Master Guru
    Bring on Bully 2. The first game was awesome for its time. I played it so many times on the PS2 and recently on the 360.

Thread Information