Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 183
  1. #51
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,794
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    86,155 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Great section. Always entertaining to watch people getting so worked up over something as meaningless as games.
    Lol! Get your popcorn at the door.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  2. #52
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,761
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    81,775 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    DreDayDetox, you don't have to buy a new GPU every few months. That's a bad misconception if you were being serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Just so you know I hold you fully responsible for the heartattack my grandfather just had when he went in to a uncontrollable laughter after reading your post while I went to the shop, you evil man!
    The best part is that it wasn't a joke.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    By the way, Sega Dreamcast > Nintendo 64.
    The Nintendo 64 had Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Star Fox, and Super Smash Bros. Your argument in invalid.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  3. #53
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,383
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    7,738 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The Nintendo 64 had Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Star Fox, and Super Smash Bros. Your argument in invalid.
    GoldenEye was good but the Sega Dreamcast had Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Sonic Adventure and Power Stone.

    It was a magical time... :T
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  4. #54
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,761
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    81,775 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nope, my childhood was better and that's an undeniable fact.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  5. #55
    Elite Sage
    John25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,666
    Rep Power
    106
    Points
    3,751 (331,762 Banked)
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    GoldenEye was good but the Sega Dreamcast had Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online, Sonic Adventure and Power Stone.

    It was a magical time... :T
    Well The SNES pwned both with Killer Instinct/Mario Kart/Mario World/Street Fighter 2/Donkey Kong Country/Final Fantasy VI, just to name a few :P

  6. #56
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Next you're going to tell me that the only people who play games like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XI are 30-something, wifebeater-wearing fat slobs who live in their parents' basements.
    Oi, why bring me into this!?

    Haha, kidding. I do completely agree with you, although I hold the media responsible for the stereotype of WoW players being middle-aged obese men who squat in their own turds in their parents basements. Truth is, I know plenty of people who play WoW/Guild Wars/KOTOR and they're the complete opposite of that stereotype. I really wish people would get that image out of their heads as, quite frankly, it's pathetic and downright insulting.

    We're straying off-topic, however. While I retain the fact that PS3 > Xbox 360, I can't deny the fact that PC's will always be the superior race. The only downside to that is to keep your PC up-to-date and ahead of the competition, you will end up splashing out hundreds each year on graphics cards, memory, RAM, etc. It's pricey but it is worth it in the end, when you take into account how amazing some of the recent games look, such as Skyrim and Max Payne 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    By the way, Sega Dreamcast > Nintendo 64.
    Ah, I don't know man, N64 had some pretty badass games. I spent hours playing Pokémon Snap and Mario Party. And of course, N64 had Zelda: OoT which, to this day, remains a much-loved game. Don't get me wrong, Dreamcast was incredible. I remember getting mine for Christmas and setting it up within minutes and being amazed at how great Sonic looked in 3D. And Shenmue. Aw, man, Shenmue...such an amazing game, so ahead of it's time. Sega really need to give that game the high-def treatment and release it on PSN/XBL.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  7. #57
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,001
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    21,014 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Powerstone ftw


  8. Likes Nitey likes this post
  9. #58
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,647
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    164,390 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The best games ever were 8-bit....and they werent on consoles either.......

  10. #59
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,804
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,072 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Thats a strong argument untill you mention three words...

    Multiplatform game performance.

    A gamer cant live on exclusives alone (hah certianly an Xbox gamer cant).
    Bayonetta is probably one of the worst PS3 ports ever and I had a blast playing it. When you get games raining like a $#@! storm on PS3, the slight performance dip in multi plat games becomes sooooo $#@!ing insignificant. I have a fair chunk of MP games and the only time you would even know there was a difference is if you watch LoT/DF.

    Slightly worse MP + average 10-12 exclusives a year >>>> slightly betterMP performance + 2-3 exclusives a year.

  11. #60
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,647
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    164,390 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    10-12?

    Have you looked how many Sony published games are confirmed this year?

  12. #61
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,383
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    7,738 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    We're straying off-topic, however. While I retain the fact that PS3 > Xbox 360, I can't deny the fact that PC's will always be the superior race. The only downside to that is to keep your PC up-to-date and ahead of the competition, you will end up splashing out hundreds each year on graphics cards, memory, RAM, etc. It's pricey but it is worth it in the end, when you take into account how amazing some of the recent games look, such as Skyrim and Max Payne 3.
    Well, like I said before, if you research the parts needed to build a proper gaming PC, you won't have to upgrade until the next 2-3 years versus the 6 or so years for whatever home console Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo release since they control how long that generation of gaming will last for consumers. And even then, with a PC, you have access to mods - both visually and gameplay-wise.

    But home consoles have a lot of great exclusive titles and I don't mind switching back and forth between a controller and a keyboard and mouse, although I find it more enjoyable to play FPS titles on the PC.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  13. #62
    Master Sage
    Jaeger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,380
    Rep Power
    104
    Points
    2,083 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Well, like I said before, if you research the parts needed to build a proper gaming PC, you won't have to upgrade until the next 2-3 years versus the 6 or so years for whatever home console Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo release since they control how long that generation of gaming will last for consumers. And even then, with a PC, you have access to mods - both visually and gameplay-wise.
    That's very true, but budgeting comes into play here and not everyone can afford a top-end graphics card and thus have to settle for second or third best, meaning they have to upgrade again a year later. If you have the money to upgrade to the best graphic card on the market then go for it, you'll save yourself a lot of time and money, but not everyone can afford that luxury. I for one definitely can't afford that option, though I'd love it if I could. Instead I have to buy the most recent graphics card in the price range I can afford and hope for the best. It's been at least 2-3 years since I upgraded my PC, not because it has a fantastic graphics card but because I very rarely have time for PC gaming, other than the odd game of L4D or Minecraft.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    But home consoles have a lot of great exclusive titles and I don't mind switching back and forth between a controller and a keyboard and mouse, although I find it more enjoyable to play FPS titles on the PC.
    Exactly. PCs may be the master race in terms of hardware but you have to admit, it is somewhat lacking in terms of software. You'll never find games like Uncharted, The Last Guardian, Fable, etc sitting on someones desktop, ready to play. Some games are just suited for home consoles (those three being just a small example, I can think of many other titles) but, on the other hand, some games are built to be played on PC. Like you, I find it much easier to use a keyboard and mouse when playing FPS titles, mainly because you have better control and can be far more accurate than you can with a pair of analog sticks. There are methods to enable keyboard and mouse use for PS3/X360 but it just doesn't feel right.

    Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.


  14. #63
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,804
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,072 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    10-12?

    Have you looked how many Sony published games are confirmed this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post

    Slightly worse MP + average 10-12 exclusives a year >>>> slightly betterMP performance + 2-3 exclusives a year.
    No, but I have looked how many have come out for the last 4 years. This year, Dust 514, Twisted Metal, LBP Karting, PSABR, Ni No Kuni: WOTWW, Ratchet & Clank Collection, Sly 4, Sorcery, Starhawk, Journey. Theres 11...Now I have counted, so my post still counts.

    2013? The Last Of Us, GoW: Ascension, Beyond...Seth Killian of Santa Monica has said that there is more unnannounced stuff coming, and there is always the chance of The Last Guardian and FFvs13 too and then there is Quantic Dreams second project, Sucker Punchs, GGs...I could go on and on without even touching on what's to Vita exclusively.

    Face the facts, Sony is a game publishing juggernaut who has consistently delivered for almost half a decade on the PS3 and in the opinion of most rational people is unmatched in first party content both quality and quantity wise.

  15. Likes Nitey likes this post
  16. #64
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,647
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    164,390 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    No, but I have looked how many have come out for the last 4 years. This year, Dust 514, Twisted Metal, LBP Karting, PSABR, Ni No Kuni: WOTWW, Ratchet & Clank Collection, Sly 4, Sorcery, Starhawk, Journey. Theres 11...Now I have counted, so my post still counts.
    Except I asked you how many Sony are publishing, and no, just because you console has no BC doesnt mean you get to count "HD" versions. If that was the case you could add all the Xbox BC exclusives to
    the list.
    I also asked you to count confirmed ones.
    thats leaves you with.....

    4 Retail games, and one of them is a move game.

    2013? The Last Of Us, GoW: Ascension, Beyond...Seth Killian of Santa Monica has said that there is more unnannounced stuff coming, and there is always the chance of The Last Guardian and FFvs13 too and then there is Quantic Dreams second project, Sucker Punchs, GGs...I could go on and on without even touching on what's to Vita exclusively.
    Did you just say The Last Guardian?
    Face the facts, Sony is a game publishing juggernaut who has consistently delivered for almost half a decade on the PS3 and in the opinion of most rational people is unmatched in first party content both quality and quantity wise.
    They also have to support more platforms, which is a tricky thing to do.

  17. #65
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,383
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    7,738 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Actually, Ni no Kuni comes out early next year and the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy is just an HD remaster of the first three games.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  18. #66
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    PC needing to be upgraded in 2-3 years? Not really. If you have a proper gaming pc built, it'll last a while. So far, my gaming laptop is still able to play any game out right now; it's five years old.




  19. #67
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,868
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    41,154 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Fear you bit the bait!


    BBK. Tapatalking.

  20. #68
    El Presidente
    podsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a box
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,974
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    25,148 (0 Banked)
    This thread.

    Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

  21. #69
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,804
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,072 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Except I asked you how many Sony are publishing, and no, just because you console has no BC doesnt mean you get to count "HD" versions. If that was the case you could add all the Xbox BC exclusives to
    the list.
    I also asked you to count confirmed ones.
    thats leaves you with.....

    4 Retail games, and one of them is a move game.


    Did you just say The Last Guardian?


    They also have to support more platforms, which is a tricky thing to do.
    What does it matter who publishes the games? Are you going to bring up the sales argument next to belittle the fact that Sony gets more unique content onto their platform? Also, what does 1 being a Move game have anything to do with it? Again, belittling the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Actually, Ni no Kuni comes out early next year and the Ratchet & Clank Trilogy is just an HD remaster of the first three games.
    Ok, then that gives 4 announced exclusives for next year and one less this one. Well, unless this R&C HD Collection is coming to 360 too, then it's still an exclusive, regardless of its content.

  22. #70
    Master Sage
    Lebowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bowling
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Posts
    13,001
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    21,014 (0 Banked)
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Another reason why I prefer the PS3. On top of the media features, it functions as a George-Kutagari grillmaster. My launch model YLOD'd, but I still managed to save it, so when the Barbie bake oven doesn't work, I fire this bad boy up. I easily grilled some chicken burgers, red peppers and steak on it. It was really worth the money.

    Another reason is because it's a jet fighter simulator. Just fire up a game of HAWX, put it to $#@!pit view, turn the volume of the game off and hear the roaring jet engine of the ps3. Feels like you're right in the battle!




  23. Likes Fon likes this post
  24. #71
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Another reason why I prefer the PS3. On top of the media features, it functions as a George-Kutagari grillmaster. My launch model YLOD'd, but I still managed to save it, so when the Barbie bake oven doesn't work, I fire this bad boy up. I easily grilled some chicken burgers, red peppers and steak on it. It was really worth the money.

    Another reason is because it's a jet fighter simulator. Just fire up a game of HAWX, put it to $#@!pit view, turn the volume of the game off and hear the roaring jet engine of the ps3. Feels like you're right in the battle!


    It only does everything!.

    Currently, I prefer PS3 over any other platform!. But like some of you guys said, nothing beats the experience I had with the Dreamcast.







  25. #72
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    22,383
    Rep Power
    192
    Points
    7,738 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think we all know why the PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360.

    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!


  26. #73
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,795 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    Fear you bit the bait!


    BBK. Tapatalking.
    Psht... you took it lol. I was paid via Paypal to post in this thread.




  27. #74
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,647
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    164,390 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    What does it matter who publishes the games? Are you going to bring up the sales argument next to belittle the fact that Sony gets more unique content onto their platform? Also, what does 1 being a Move game have anything to do with it? Again, belittling the facts.
    Uh, well I keep getting told Kinect games and arcade games dont count but if your going to let them in the door then.....

    Ok, then that gives 4 announced exclusives for next year and one less this one. Well, unless this R&C HD Collection is coming to 360 too, then it's still an exclusive, regardless of its content.
    Meh, 4 vs 12 big difference there, or even 5 vs 12.

  28. #75
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Bayonetta is probably one of the worst PS3 ports ever and I had a blast playing it. When you get games raining like a $#@! storm on PS3, the slight performance dip in multi plat games becomes sooooo $#@!ing insignificant. I have a fair chunk of MP games and the only time you would even know there was a difference is if you watch LoT/DF. Slightly worse MP + average 10-12 exclusives a year >>>> slightly betterMP performance + 2-3 exclusives a year.
    Well just to be fair as an owner and player of both consoles there are some instances where the differences are pretty major. Skyrim is a prime example. More major in performance than graphics but still quite noticable graphically as well. And ME3 on PS3 suffered from some pretty annoying framerate issues mainly during big firefights. So yeah the multiplat situation on PS3 may not be as bad as it used to be but not all of these differences are minor or "slightly" worse. Granted most are minor but definitely not all. And you know me well enough to know that I'm just being honest and not a hater. At least I hope you do. lol That being said I do love Sony's first party strategy along with free online play so I definitely enjoy my PS3.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-12-2012 at 04:42.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.