Latest PSU headlines:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 8
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    A bigger fiasco than PSN being shut down for over a month? A bigger fiasco than the PS Store being unaccessible for awhile even after online play was finally restored? Seriously?
    I am just as confused as you are, lol.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @mynd - it wasn't just a 'few' people IIRC.

I don't have a horse in this race - don't really put much stock in these things (i.e. as in furiously trying to defend one company's "rep" and trying to tarnish another *shrug*).

It was a while back - so enough time for my memory to either serve or fail me.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I am just as confused as you are, lol.

Trust you...
    A bigger fiasco than PSN being shut down for over a month? A bigger fiasco than the PS Store being unaccessible for awhile even after online play was finally restored? Seriously?
    Why wasn't it?

Either way though, see above.

Ancient
    I remember the Christmas one in 08
    That sucked big time, not being able to play new games or ya new 360 online for weeks during and after Christmas, and live games was tied to your account then too
    There wasn't a big reason behind it like Sony's but thats probably the worst time for any network to go down at Christmas
    Halo 3 did it reckon lol

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 09-26-2012 at 21:27.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I remember the Christmas one in 08
    That sucked big time, not being able to play new games or ya new 360 online for weeks during and after Christmas, and live games was tied to your account then too
    There wasn't a big reason behind it like Sony's but thats probably the worst time for any network to go down at Christmas
    Halo 3 did it reckon lol

Sent via Codec
    Yeah that was just a surge in users Microsoft didnt see coming. Nice fo rthem I guess.

@admartin.

No it was, we had the same guy repteadly blog aabout it, and then got his friends to blog about it.
    then the claimed they were contact by heaps of other people with the issue.

MS came out and said, yup it did happen, BECAUSE THESE PEOPLE ARE STUPID, not because they got hacked.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AC,Batman AO,Borderlands 2,Skyrim,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,Dead Island, DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully, Hitman HD collecton.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    @mynd - it wasn't just a 'few' people IIRC. I don't have a horse in this race - don't really put much stock in these things (i.e. as in furiously trying to defend one company's "rep" and trying to tarnish another *shrug*). It was a while back - so enough time for my memory to either serve or fail me. Trust you... Why wasn't it? Either way though, see above.
    See above? I'm not trying to defend or tarnish any company's rep either. Why would I? What would I gain personally from that. And why wasn't it? Because PSN was shut down for over a month thats why. Thats why it got more coverage. Not because of some nefarious agenda against Sony. lol And the reason you didnt hear much about the Live thing was because it wasnt a widespread issue but rather some random guy blogging about it claiming lots of people supposedly contacted him about it. It was just a few stupid people falling for phishing schemes. Thats why we never heard anymore about it.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 09-26-2012 at 22:33.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    I remember the Christmas one in 08 That sucked big time, not being able to play new games or ya new 360 online for weeks during and after Christmas, and live games was tied to your account then too There wasn't a big reason behind it like Sony's but thats probably the worst time for any network to go down at Christmas Halo 3 did it reckon lol Sent via Codec
    Just goes to show how wildly popular Halo 3 was. The servers got pounded with Halo players.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    See above? I'm not trying to defend or tarnish any company's rep either. Why would I? What would I gain personally from that. And why wasn't it? Because PSN was shut down for over a month thats why. Thats why it got more coverage. Not because of some nefarious agenda against Sony. lol And the reason you didnt hear much about the Live thing was because it wasnt a widespread issue but rather some random guy blogging about it claiming lots of people supposedly contacted him about it. It was just a few stupid people falling for phishing schemes. Thats why we never heard anymore about it.
    I wasn't referring that you were doing anything lol. I was saying see above about if my memory served me correctly or not.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I wasn't referring that you were doing anything lol. I was saying see above about if my memory served me correctly or not.
    Oh ok. lol I wasnt sure what quote above I was being referred to so I tried to cover them all. Anyway its all good mate.

Thread Information