This is only a behind the scenes look at the Live Action series. The Full trailer will be revealed at the "The Fiction of Halo 4" Comic Con Panel tomorrow.
Watching this series + Reading the books (Cryptum/Primordium, All the Nylund books + Glasslands) should make any hardcore Halo fan ready for the Halo 4 campaign.
*Update* 13/07/2012 Full Trailer Now Up
Title: "Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn"
Produced by: Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries
Availability: Oct. 5, 2012, exclusively through Machinima and on Halo Waypoint as a five-episode digital series.
- Nov. 6, 2012, as the “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition, an extended edit with additional footage and bonus content as part of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition. This Special Edition will also be available on video on-demand services.
Product Overview: “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is a live-action digital series based on the best-selling Xbox franchise that brings a brand-new “Halo” story to life on a scale never before seen in the “Halo” universe. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” delivers an exciting story of heroism and sacrifice, taking fans back to the beginning of the human and Covenant war and leading into the events of “Halo 4,” the biggest entertainment event of 2012.
Set against the backdrop of a United Nations Space Command (UNSC) military academy, a group of highborn cadets are training to be the next generation of soldiers in the UNSC’s ongoing war with insurrectionists in the outer colonial planets. Among these cadets, Thomas Lasky struggles with his doubts about this war and with the burden of expectations he may not be able to carry. As Lasky comes to terms with his potential as a military leader, the terrifying alien alliance known as the Covenant arrives and turns his world upside down. Inspired by the Master Chief, he must decide what it means to be a hero. “Halo” fans who experience Lasky’s thrilling origin story in “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will be rewarded with special insights into the story of “Halo 4” and the “Halo Infinity Multiplayer” experience.
The series will debut on Oct. 5, 2012, on Machinima’s premium YouTube channel, Machinima Prime (http://www.YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime), and on Halo Waypoint (http://halo.xbox.com/ForwardUntoDawn), and will unfold through a series of five episodes leading up to the worldwide launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6. An extended, 90-minute Special Edition featuring never-before-seen bonus footage, in-fiction content and behind-the-scenes videos will be available Nov. 6, 2012, on video-on-demand services and in the “Halo 4” Limited Edition, for $99.99 (U.S.).1
- Groundbreaking live-action storytelling. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” brings a “Halo” story to life in live-action at a scale never before seen in the “Halo” universe. With an emotional and personal story of a young cadet finding heroism, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will appeal to longtime fans as well as newcomers looking for a great story and action-packed entertainment.
- Dramatic and emotional story. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” tells a personal story of courage, sacrifice and friendship, set against the backdrop of a massive-scale invasion by the alien Covenant. With a focus on character, emotion and high-stakes drama, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” introduces young UNSC cadet Thomas Lasky to the rich storyline of the “Halo” universe. As Lasky transforms from untested student to newly forged hero by fighting to protect his academy and its students alongside the Master Chief, their fates become entwined for decades to come.
- Cast and production team. Directed by Stewart Hendler (“H+,” “Sorority Row”) and written by Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing (“Smallville,” “Spartacus”); “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” features a diverse cast of established and up-and-coming Hollywood talent, including Tom Green (“Dance Academy”) as Thomas Lasky, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia”) as Chyler Silva, Daniel Cudmore (“X2,” “X-Men: The Last Stand,” “The Twilight Saga”) as the Master Chief, Ayelet Zurer (“Angels & Demons,” “Munich”) as Mehaffey, Mike Dopud (“Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol”) as General Black, Enisha Brewster (“Footloose”) as April Orenski, Masam Holden (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Elizabethtown”) as Michael “Sully” Sullivan, Osric Chau (“2012”) as JJ Chen, Iain Belcher (“Supernatural”) as Vickers, and Kat De Lieva as Dimah.
- “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is backed by a top-tier production team, including producers Lydia Antonini and Josh Feldman, former Warner Bros. and Playtone executives, respectively. Continuing its involvement with the “Halo” franchise, Legacy Effects (“The Hunger Games,” “The Avengers,” “Avatar”) is creating specialized costumes and armor, and visual effects are being designed by an award-winning team led by John Sullivan (“The Pacific”). Production services are provided by Herzog & Company.
Latest PSU headlines:
Results 1 to 7 of 7
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Rep Power
- 10,096 (0 Banked)
Halo Forward Unto Dawn Live Action Series *FULL Trailer Now Up*
Last edited by Firefox; 07-13-2012 at 05:46.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)