Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Chances of PS4 at E3 2013?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Chances favor a PS4 announcement at E3 2013

27 75.00%
  • 50/50

7 19.44%
  • The Chances do not favor a PS4 announcement at E3 2013

2 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

Chances that PS4 is announced at E3 2013?

What are the chances the PS4 is announced in E3 2013? Tell what you think and don't hesitate to tell why.

I think the chances are great because of the 10 year cycle. 2013 will mark 7 years since the PS3's release. I think Sony will go ahead and announce the PS4 and the PS3 will continue to sell and fizzle out for 3 years, just like the PS2.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Soldier 95B
    I will go with the top choice...chances are good. These consoles are on their last legs, and it's time.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Maybe, but we probably won't be seeing it until 2014 or 2015. I think they are gonna wait until the Vita sells more, and with their financial status it makes more sense to put it off until later. They need to take their time and not rush to the market. Trying to go toe to toe with MS would be a mistake. It would only cause them to lose more money.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Yup they will.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Maybe, but we probably won't be seeing it until 2014 or 2015. I think they are gonna wait until the Vita sells more, and with their financial status it makes more sense to put it off until later. They need to take their time and not rush to the market. Trying to go toe to toe with MS would be a mistake. It would only cause them to lose more money.
    I do agree with this, but is that what's best for the PS4? The Xbox 360 may have had the red ring of death, but it's still ahead of the PS3 in terms of total sales. I wish there was a middle ground that the PS4 could come out at a good price, a good time, and be a sound machine as well.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    It's very likely.

E3 2012 was pretty light on the games being shown this year. The PlayStation 4 and next-gen Xbox are also rumored to have been in development since 2010. I'd imagine this would give development studios enough time to showcase the progress they've made on future titles being developed. And like Sub-stance1 says, the PlayStation Vita is still fairly new to the market.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-11-2012 at 19:57.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    First choice,if not sooner,at least some leaks.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member

would have to say that they have to go with next year. If MS gets a step on them again and has a good price on their console and better specs, then i dont think that there is anyway in which Sony will be able to compete.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    I completely agree with The Black Wolf and Blacksite. The next generation consoles have allegedly been in the works for approximately two years now, meaning developers will have had ample time to create some good footage that will bring the "wow" factor to the PS4 and Nextbox reveals.

I've always been in the pool of gamers that say "hold the next generation off!", granted I'm very happy with my current consoles and I think with some new ideas and creativity, some excellent games can still be made. I don't think we've really reached a point of needing to move on, but I realize that that simply isn't how the world works. The fact of the matter is that a lot of gamers are looking for a next generation reveal, especially with what we've learned about UE4, which shows considerable promise for where gaming is headed. For the next generation to stay in hiding throughout the next year is highly, highly unlikely.

I suspect we'll get a few leaks, perhaps some small teasers in the coming months, and then an official reveal at E3 2013.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    50/50 at this point lets see if those chances go up closer to e3.... however the next xbox i would say 75% given all the recent leaks

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    50/50 at this point lets see if those chances go up closer to e3.... however the next xbox i would say 75% given all the recent leaks
    That's the thing. Both MS and Sony have been hard at work on their consoles. Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't been going on. MS was just on the unfortunate end of a leak. Both consoles will be revealed at e3 2013. I think Sony learned their lesson by letting MS get a year jump on them last time.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Unlikely, I think they'll do it before then in a special conference like they did with the Vita, and E3 2013 will be all about the launch lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Unlikely, I think they'll do it before then in a special conference like they did with the Vita, and E3 2013 will be all about the launch lineup.
    I def agree with this I dont think both will be revealed at e3. Atleast we can expect an interesting year in gaming with all the rumors going into this years E3.

Sony can not afford to give mircosoft a whole year head start this time around.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    That's the thing. Both MS and Sony have been hard at work on their consoles. Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean it hasn't been going on. MS was just on the unfortunate end of a leak. Both consoles will be revealed at e3 2013. I think Sony learned their lesson by letting MS get a year jump on them last time.
    Sony doesnt want MS to have a year jump on them, but not for the same reasons that existed at the start of this generation. MS is a more dominant player than it was in the last generation, and Sony has lost a lot of the traction that it had.........you dont give a company that has become as strong as MS another year jump without expecting to fall even further behind.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    Sony doesnt want MS to have a year jump on them, but not for the same reasons that existed at the start of this generation. MS is a more dominant player than it was in the last generation, and Sony has lost a lot of the traction that it had.........you dont give a company that has become as strong as MS another year jump without expecting to fall even further behind.
    Very true. Sony in all honesty just shrugged them off because of MS performance from the previous gen. I don't think that anyone saw MS dominance of the American market coming like it did. Especially after their lackluster entry into the console market. But Sony knows they have to play them serious this time or it will be this gen all over again, at least as far as the US market goes.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I voted on the top one. Either reveal it earlier or on E3 but the hardware has to be revealed soon.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Definitely will be announced by next year's E3

im guessing e3 2013 and released in 2014

Yes at up coming e3 showing of ps4

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    wow a lot of us think we are getting the announcement next year. Better make it happen sony
    Last edited by Itachi; 07-15-2012 at 03:59.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I'll tell you now if it isn't I'm gonna be upset. If it doesn't happen next year something is very wrong

Via Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Whether it happens or not I'll be waiting a few years for a slim anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Im familiar about how nintendo has a dept that developes hardware all the time most of that depts "projects" dont come to the market with the exception of the Virtual Boy. Im sure Sony and MS have a simlair setup in house

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Im familiar about how nintendo has a dept that developes hardware all the time most of that depts "projects" dont come to the market with the exception of the Virtual Boy. Im sure Sony and MS have a simlair setup in house
    Yeah they run through so many concepts and what not before they ever find "The one."

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    I think the chances are good, mainly because all the other game platforms are probably gonna have a good chance of appearing there because it will be a good chance for all the platforms to have a good look at before the release and the designers and whatnot will have a chance to get opinions on what the potential buyers will want to have added to the consoles, and then what they want to be taken away!

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: MoH: Warfighter / Assassin's Creed 3 / GW2
    Waiting For: CoD: Black Ops 2 / Borderlands 2

Thread Information