mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Supreme Veteran
    I was content with my 360 purchase, but I got to admit I'm sick of the game now, GTA V please.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Ancient
    They contradict themselves too much, saying that the PS3 version has the edge in sharpness & clarity, but then saying the blurryness in the 360 version makes it better?
    PS3 leads in framerate because it R* change stuff, which as pointed out in the comments is a random effect & is present in both versions
    then saying the 360 leads in framerate, does anybody read proof their articles before they publish them?

and there comparison gallery is even more contradicting cuz it shows the 360 version missing reflections! god I glad I just play the $#@!ing games, this $#@! would give me headache lol

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    They contradict themselves too much, saying that the PS3 version has the edge in sharpness & clarity, but then saying the blurryness in the 360 version makes it better?
    PS3 leads in framerate because it R* change stuff, which as pointed out in the comments is a random effect & is present in both versions
    then saying the 360 leads in framerate, does anybody read proof their articles before they publish them?

and there comparison gallery is even more contradicting cuz it shows the 360 version missing reflections! god I glad I just play the $#@!ing games, this $#@! would give me headache lol
    Digital Foundry came up with the same conclusion however:

Max Payne 3: The Digital Foundry Verdict

Looking at the overall turn-out for each version of Max Payne 3, it's fair to say Rockstar Vancouver has effectively translated its hard-boiled action game to both platforms, and you can fully enjoy the ride on either. When it comes to image quality, while the PS3 version offers a slightly sharper picture, the 360 does hold up some advantages that are more considerable to those on the bench, such as the effectiveness of its anti-aliasing, and the more flattering treatment of foliage elements.There is also the curious issue of missing effects during specific PS3 cut-scenes, though these crop up in entirely isolated instances, where in other areas they're rendered properly. These small nips and tucks are evidently to the benefit of the frame-rate on PS3, which otherwise isn't quite as consistent as the 360 during the majority of shoot-outs. Performance is still entirely serviceable to gameplay on both platforms though, and the sense of cinematic spectacle is held up - in no small part thanks to the way core video assets and native resolutions are identical to the pixel on each platform.For multi-platform owners unsure of which version to opt for, we'd have to give a nod to the 360 version, though it remains to be seen what advantages the eventual PC release offers. With its reported support of the DirectX 11 API, stereoscopic 3D, and with an install size listed at a whopping 35GB, it seems Rockstar is taking the conversion quite seriously. Whether that feature list translates to a tangibly superior game worth waiting a few extra weeks for though, we'll have to wait and see.

Ancient
    Originally Posted by TGO

Digital Foundry came up with the same conclusion however:

Max Payne 3: The Digital Foundry Verdict

Looking at the overall turn-out for each version of Max Payne 3, it's fair to say Rockstar Vancouver has effectively translated its hard-boiled action game to both platforms, and you can fully enjoy the ride on either. When it comes to image quality, while the PS3 version offers a slightly sharper picture, the 360 does hold up some advantages that are more considerable to those on the bench, such as the effectiveness of its anti-aliasing, and the more flattering treatment of foliage elements.There is also the curious issue of missing effects during specific PS3 cut-scenes, though these crop up in entirely isolated instances, where in other areas they're rendered properly. These small nips and tucks are evidently to the benefit of the frame-rate on PS3, which otherwise isn't quite as consistent as the 360 during the majority of shoot-outs. Performance is still entirely serviceable to gameplay on both platforms though, and the sense of cinematic spectacle is held up - in no small part thanks to the way core video assets and native resolutions are identical to the pixel on each platform.For multi-platform owners unsure of which version to opt for, we'd have to give a nod to the 360 version, though it remains to be seen what advantages the eventual PC release offers. With its reported support of the DirectX 11 API, stereoscopic 3D, and with an install size listed at a whopping 35GB, it seems Rockstar is taking the conversion quite seriously. Whether that feature list translates to a tangibly superior game worth waiting a few extra weeks for though, we'll have to wait and see.
    I was actually talking about DF lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    Max Payne 3 is better on the PS3.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Did you bother to read the comparison? Sounds to me like theyre pretty much the same except for certain minor strengths and weaknesses on each version. Be that as it may since theyre so close I would choose the PS3 version due to being on one bluray disc. But it sounds like a solid game on either platform.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    maybe on this forum.

I'm not surprised the 360 got the nod in performance. This is why I buy almost all of my multi-plats on the 360. They usually turn out a little better.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    maybe on this forum. I'm not surprised the 360 got the nod in performance. This is why I buy almost all of my multi-plats on the 360. They usually turn out a little better.
    Yep same here. Most of the time (not all of course) thats how it works out.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-17-2012 at 07:02.

Thread Information