Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Soldier 95B
    Oddly enough, multiplatform games such as Battlefield 3 blow the exclusives out of the water. After looking at games like BF3 leading the platforms graphically, it comes as no surprise that the consoles are dead on equal when it comes to power and performance. This is a good thing for all, as we are getting some amazing looking titles. Then again, DICE is one of the most epic developers today.

I can't wait to see the new bar raised with titles like Halo 4 for example. They all just keep squeezing and squeezing these consoles.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-21-2012 at 20:21.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Oddly enough, multiplatform games such as Battlefield 3 blow the exclusives out of the water. After looking at games like BF3 and Mass Effect 3 leading the platforms graphically, it comes as no surprise that the consoles are dead on equal when it comes to power and performance. This is a good thing for all, as we are getting some amazing looking titles. Then again, DICE is one of the most epic developers today. I can't wait to see the new bar raised with titles like Halo 4 for example. They all just keep squeezing and squeezing these consoles.
    Agreed. I also think games like Skyrim look just as good as any exclusives out there especially for being an open world type RPG.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-21-2012 at 20:25.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Have to disagree. Uncharted set the bar for that genre because ND are one of the most talented developers in the industry not because of some mythical untapped "power" of the PS3. As a player of both consoles the graphics I see on the exclusives of both consoles are very comparable imo.
    I wasn't referring to any mythical untapped power. I was referring in part to quote I had with that post from Platinum Games. The PS3 is a complicated piece of kit to work with, and it only shines when devs take the time to become familiar with it.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Oddly enough, multiplatform games such as Battlefield 3 blow the exclusives out of the water. After looking at games like BF3 leading the platforms graphically, it comes as no surprise that the consoles are dead on equal when it comes to power and performance. This is a good thing for all, as we are getting some amazing looking titles. Then again, DICE is one of the most epic developers today.

I can't wait to see the new bar raised with titles like Halo 4 for example. They all just keep squeezing and squeezing these consoles.
    They're good developers to you but after Battlefield 3 was released the game was far from great, it still experienced the same problems we got from the Beta(Which were terrible!. It's gotten better with patches but it took some time after launch). Then you have the campaign.. Modern Warfare 3's campaign literally blows it out of the water and obliterates it into nothingness. What were they thinking when putting that mess together?. Battlefield 3 is definitely huge and it looks pretty but nothing to hold a torch to. I also stopped playing it after they took away dedicated servers. I don't know if you can play in something from EA but but the majority of paid servers I played in were frustratingly long, had no rotation between matches(24/7 this or that), or had silly rules like "No Shotguns".

I'm not saying that DICE is bad but you can't seriously call them "Epic".

On topic: I haven't played the Xbox 360 version of Ghost Recon but I swear that the full game I played on PS3 looked like a PS2 game. I can't fully blame the developers in general, after all porting one version to meet the expectations of a completely different architecture is a difficult feat. Sony exclusives have shown that games can look great on the hardware but that's because they have all the help from Sony themselves(Plus they have Naughty Dog and Santa Monica to give them some pointers, see Infamous 2's enormous change over the first). I really do hope that Sony learns their lesson here and make a diligent effort to make developer's life easier when working on the PS4's hardware.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I wasn't referring to any mythical untapped power. I was referring in part to quote I had with that post from Platinum Games. The PS3 is a complicated piece of kit to work with, and it only shines when devs take the time to become familiar with it.
    Yeah I wasnt referring to you specifically when I said that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. And yes I agree with the last part of your post here.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    They're good developers to you but after Battlefield 3 was released the game was far from great, it still experienced the same problems we got from the Beta(Which were terrible!. It's gotten better with patches but it took some time after launch). Then you have the campaign.. Modern Warfare 3's campaign literally blows it out of the water and obliterates it into nothingness. What were they thinking when putting that mess together?. Battlefield 3 is definitely huge and it looks pretty but nothing to hold a torch to. I also stopped playing it after they took away dedicated servers. I don't know if you can play in something from EA but but the majority of paid servers I played in were frustratingly long, had no rotation between matches(24/7 this or that), or had silly rules like "No Shotguns".

I'm not saying that DICE is bad but you can't seriously call them "Epic".
    We will just have to agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I was referring in part to quote I had with that post from Platinum Games. The PS3 is a complicated piece of kit to work with, and it only shines when devs take the time to become familiar with it.
    naa... 5-6 years into the life of a 60million selling console tells me that devs have had any amount of time to get familiar with PS3 and the excuse of its "hard to dev for" is something i'm not willing to accept at all.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    We will just have to agree to disagree.

agree to disagree but while the graphics do look good I have seen better including PC titles within this category. the game released when it wasn't finished and proof was in the release of the game. DICE stated this "A beta is to stress test servers that's all" I have played so many betas on the PC for MMORPG's and it's also meant to fix bugs and glitches. the fact that some developers don't know what an actual beta is, well it's laughable. the game looks good, but it isn't the best looking game within the FPS genre as well as it's not the best running game performance wise. The fact that Crysis 1 still blows the graphics of BF3 away should be noted o.O

9. Likes Fon likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    agree to disagree but while the graphics do look good I have seen better including PC titles within this category. the game released when it wasn't finished and proof was in the release of the game. DICE stated this "A beta is to stress test servers that's all" I have played so many betas on the PC for MMORPG's and it's also meant to fix bugs and glitches. the fact that some developers don't know what an actual beta is, well it's laughable. the game looks good, but it isn't the best looking game within the FPS genre as well as it's not the best running game performance wise. The fact that Crysis 1 still blows the graphics of BF3 away should be noted o.O
    PC blows them all out of the water. But we are talking console. Thanks!

Master Guru
    PC blows them all out of the water. But we are talking console. Thanks!

LOL graphics are pretty glitchy on BF3, i play it on a daily basis and while the game looks pretty it isn't the best looking game. and I'm not talking about PC vs consoles, both Crysis and BF3 are on the PC as well as Ghost Recon I believe, so do a comparison for that. the console part doesn't matter if all these are on the the PC, that is where you are going to come up with a proper outcome man.

Soldier 95B
    Lol ok

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Heck, I don't remember the glitchy (that's not a real word lol) visuals lol. Would be great to see some videos or screens of them.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    hence why the ps3 sucks ass when it comes to MPlat games and is only good for Exclusives.
    Not true.

Master Guru
    Lol ok

when you prone next to a wall, half of your body is in the wall while your torso is sticking out, from your waist down is all in the wall. this is known by everyone man. that right there is a graphical problem because it's within the coding o.O if you haven't seen this by now (it's on both 360, PS3, and PC by the way) you haven't played this or you have very little time put into it. that's just one example to :P

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Heck, I don't remember the glitchy (that's not a real word lol) visuals lol. Would be great to see some videos or screens of them.
    I believe it would be an adjective, I could be wrong though

just youtube the videos man, not that hard. you go into youtube and type in the search "BF3 glitches" and you will see a bunch of them o.O
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-24-2012 at 14:47.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Wow that game looks like $#@! on both platforms
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Wow that game looks like $#@! on both platforms
    I honestly don't see a difference between the two(Played the PS3 demo first by the way); they look the same. I'm currently going through the campaign for the Xbox 360 version but I can honestly say that the graphics look very outdated, it looks so unpolished.

Gameplay looks a bit interesting so I'll hold judgment until I beat the campaign.

Thread Information