Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Ghost Recon Future Soldier head 2 head

Super Elite
    Without even opening it, I can already tell that Xbox 360 won.

That website is terribly basis, I don't know what $#@! TV they have the Ps3 playing on or settings...mine never looks like the ones they upload...

You can for most games barely tell the difference testing at home.

However PC games as everyone says have better graphics...they are capable of much more than 5 year old systems anyway.
    Last edited by Daggers21; 07-11-2012 at 20:11.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

Super Elite
    I mean there is going to be slight differences, the game was made for 360 and ported to the Ps3.

Though PC if always better in my opinion!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggers21 View Post
    I mean there is going to be slight differences, the game was made for 360 and ported to the Ps3. Though PC if always better in my opinion!
    Well yeah PC will always be ahead of consoles because the PC isnt static hardware like the consoles are. PCs can be upgraded regularly.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Looks pretty whack on both PS3 and Xbox to be truthful.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    That ground texture in the one screen shot is but I still dont get why people always bring up the fact PC is better.. consoles will never be on par, or better, so why do people always find the need to bring it up..

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggers21 View Post
    That website is terribly basis, I don't know what $#@! TV they have the Ps3 playing on or settings...mine never looks like the ones they upload...
    Terribly biased? How so? I see the PS3 winning plenty of battles there as well. Not to mention, they provide visual evidence. They also match up with Digital Foundry findings most of the time.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Terribly biased? How so? I see the PS3 winning plenty of battles there as well. Not to mention, they provide visual evidence. They also match up with Digital Foundry findings most of the time.
    People get pissed cause those sites play the games in out of the box condition for the consoles, not specifically tweaking each one for maximum settings.

Admittedly, I would prefer to see them matched after they were optimized.
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    Framerates, resolution, dynamic lighting and shadowing, AA can't be optimized however. Those are things that are hardcoded in the game.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Framerates, resolution, dynamic lighting and shadowing, AA can't be optimized however. Those are things that are hardcoded in the game.
    yeah, but the instant fanboys see the game is "brighter" or whatever from not having HDMI full range enabled or some $#@!, they will instantly dismiss the rest of the conclusions.
    LMAO

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Most MP games more often than not look better on the 360. #justsayin

GREAT GAME CO-OP THOUGH

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Yep that is a fact.

Supreme Veteran

GREAT GAME CO-OP THOUGH
    I got to agree, it was a smart development choice for Microsoft to want the console to be easy to develop for from the start.

If you take a look at the big 3, everything Microsoft are involved with (not just console) has extensive development tools laid out to assist and being a software company they play to their strengths by owning the major platform developers use for PC games development, so porting is easiest to their console, which I guess translates into the better versions (console wise).

Knowledge is power, raw power does not always mean better.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I got to agree, it was a smart development choice for Microsoft to want the console to be easy to develop for from the start.

If you take a look at the big 3, everything Microsoft are involved with (not just console) has extensive development tools laid out to assist and being a software company they play to their strengths by owning the major platform developers use for PC games development, so porting is easiest to their console, which I guess translates into the better versions (console wise).

Knowledge is power, raw power does not always mean better.
    hence why the ps3 sucks ass when it comes to MPlat games and is only good for Exclusives.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I got to agree, it was a smart development choice for Microsoft to want the console to be easy to develop for from the start. If you take a look at the big 3, everything Microsoft are involved with (not just console) has extensive development tools laid out to assist and being a software company they play to their strengths by owning the major platform developers use for PC games development, so porting is easiest to their console, which I guess translates into the better versions (console wise). Knowledge is power, raw power does not always mean better.
    Yep having developer friendly hardware has certainly paid off for MS. An important advantage when you consider the fact that during any consoles life the majority of games that you'll be playing are 3rd party games.

Supreme Veteran
    hence why the ps3 sucks ass when it comes to MPlat games and is only good for Exclusives.

So elegantly put.

Unfortunately for Sony it's only in their own first parties interests (they are paid by Sony) to squeeze everything they can out of the system, it helps that they also have some of the best developers in the world (imo) but a majority of the games we play when it's all said and done are third party titles... I just seen that radgamer420 said that before me after I posted it.

I agree with him of course.

When a developer can release a game for multiple platforms which in many cases means porting is involved and can do it quickly, efficiently and without that much hassle, it's a win for them and us (as long as the games are good).

Money and time also matter, plays to PC/360's strengths.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Soldier 95B
    I have enjoyed 3rd party games more than first party games anyway, so I am not bothered either way.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I have a modest notebook (Acer 5750G) and Ghost Recon FS is already infinitely better looking than the console versions.

The PS3 version, graphics-wise is just pure mud.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Ouch. But yeah I have to agree.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    That ground texture in the one screen shot is but I still dont get why people always bring up the fact PC is better.. consoles will never be on par, or better, so why do people always find the need to bring it up..
    Probably because these debates are about graphical superiority. And both are inferior when the table is opened to all versions of the game, not just the restricted choice to prove a 'point'.

Forum Elder
    all these game comparisons ever do is prove to me just how powerful the so called less powerful console is and 6 or so years later, shows no sign of being anything but an = to PS3.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    The PS3 is kind of like a sports car that’s very high-performance and specific in its usage, whereas the 360 is more like a car that everybody’s driving," he said. "It doesn’t have the same range as a sports car, but it has more versatility. - Atsushi Inaba
    The PS3's power becomes evident when devs become very familiar with the hardware and focus on it. The 360 is basically just a PC in a box...the car that everybody's driving, that's why devs are able to get better results with it on multi platform games. There's a reason why the Uncharted series has been the bar raiser in the console industry for example...because it wasn't multiplatform. I don't have any problem whatsoever with this trade off, though if Sony's output was at MS's level, it wouldn't be worth being a PS3 gamer in the light of the general outcome of the ports.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The PS3's power becomes evident when devs become very familiar with the hardware and focus on it. The 360 is basically just a PC in a box...the car that everybody's driving, that's why devs are able to get better results with it on multi platform games. There's a reason why the Uncharted series has been the bar raiser in the console industry for example...because it wasn't multiplatform. I don't have any problem whatsoever with this trade off, though if Sony's output was at MS's level, it wouldn't be worth being a PS3 gamer in the light of the general outcome of the ports.
    Have to disagree. Uncharted set the bar for that genre because ND are one of the most talented developers in the industry not because of some mythical untapped "power" of the PS3. As a player of both consoles the graphics I see on the exclusives of both consoles are very comparable imo.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-21-2012 at 20:24.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    all these game comparisons ever do is prove to me just how powerful the so called less powerful console is and 6 or so years later, shows no sign of being anything but an = to PS3.
    I agree. All this power of the PS3 nonsense is just alot of Sony PR and fanboy overhype. And as an owner of both consoles I've played alot of games on both.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-21-2012 at 20:14.

Thread Information