Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    two years after getting my 360 core system, I had the RROD. Bought a 20 dollar ebay fix-it kit and it has been perfect ever since. My kids now use it to play. Never had YLOD on my 60GB phat before I sold it, and now my current slim is perfect.
    Yeah I was lucky because I had my 360 under the old Best Buy warranty plan where you could just exchange it for a new one. I has 2 RROD and one E74 error. All were exchanged under that warranty. Sadly BB doesn't do that anymore. My PS3 was under Gamestops warranty so I was lucky there too.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3
    I'm the exact opposite of most people. I had a launch console that lasted clear up until I got my Halo Reach console and never once had a problem with it. I ended up getting rid of it for credit for the Reach console, but it was still working when it left my hands. I've had 3 PS3s die on me(all bad bluray drives). Two of them were less than a week after the warranty expired and the first one(a launch model) lasted about 18 months. Thank God the one I have now is going strong.

Anyway, my wants for next gen: Microsoft get rid of the stupid ads(why do I have to look at Chuck Norris advertising World of Warcraft when I'm paying $60 a year for Live?), realize it's a GAMING console and not a streaming service for YT/news/movies/etc..., and continue to give me Gears. I'd like for Sony to really beef up their online(charge for it, I don't care but it better have cross game chat), improve the in game interface loading a lot(why do I have to wait like 5+ seconds for the in game XMB to load?) and that's it. I'm fine with the games on both systems.

Soldier 95B
    I agree, Microsoft should give the GOLD users the option to disable the ads.

Supreme Veteran
    The ads must be horrible on the US Live, here with the AU XBL Gold I see one ad but it doesn't get in my way, it runs but unless I direct the cursor to it I cannot hear it or anything...

I can understand it getting some upset but if it's the same deal as my XBL here in Australia then I think some people are being picky?
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    The ads must be horrible on the US Live, here with the AU XBL Gold I see one ad but it doesn't get in my way, it runs but unless I direct the cursor to it I cannot hear it or anything...

I can understand it getting some upset but if it's the same deal as my XBL here in Australia then I think some people are being picky?
    it is the same here. The ads are not intrusive at all
    LMAO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The ads must be horrible on the US Live, here with the AU XBL Gold I see one ad but it doesn't get in my way, it runs but unless I direct the cursor to it I cannot hear it or anything... I can understand it getting some upset but if it's the same deal as my XBL here in Australia then I think some people are being picky?
    Its the same here and yes some people are just being nitpicky. The ads haven't been intrusive at all to me.

Soldier 95B

I too only have the one ad. But as a Gold member, I think we should have the choice to disable it or customize it to a button that we want it to be.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I too only have the one ad. But as a Gold member, I think we should have the choice to disable it or customize it to a button that we want it to be.
    I respect your stance but do not understand it.

If it's 1 space that does not interfere with your experience (which would be gaming, watching movies, using apps, TV, chatting to people and/or use of Kinect) why does it matter that much?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3

Same way. I just don't think I should have to look at ads on a service I'm paying for - it kind of defeats the purpose. Is it intrusive? No. Should I have to look at it when I'm paying for a service? No. Stick it on Silver Members' dashboard.

10. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I respect your stance but do not understand it.

If it's 1 space that does not interfere with your experience (which would be gaming, watching movies, using apps, TV, chatting to people and/or use of Kinect) why does it matter that much?
    I have never complained about it, and I do ignore it. I just think we should have it removed if we pay for the gold service. But they won't, so no big deal. I use the Xbox 360 guide blades 99.999% of the time anyway, so I rarely see the dashboard.

12. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Same way. I just don't think I should have to look at ads on a service I'm paying for - it kind of defeats the purpose. Is it intrusive? No. Should I have to look at it when I'm paying for a service? No. Stick it on Silver Members' dashboard.
    Unfortunately for us we don't get to tell the big 3 how their dashboards are to be laid out and to look, I would agree it'd be better if everyone could alter what they could see, but I doubt that'll happen.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Unfortunately for us we don't get to tell the big 3 how their dashboards are to be laid out and to look, I would agree it'd be better if everyone could alter what they could see, but I doubt that'll happen.
    if the new system has the metro interface like windows 8, we might very well get to move the stuff around like Win 8 can.

who knows
    LMAO

Supreme Veteran
    ...but I feel some will still complain that even though they moved the ad all the way to the far right or something, away from screens view that they'd still complain about it technically being there still.

I think if that is a major factor for some, then Microsoft got a lot right.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    if the new system has the metro interface like windows 8, we might very well get to move the stuff around like Win 8 can.

who knows
    Microsoft has confirmed that the fall update of the Xbox 360 dashboard will allow you to customize one or some of the boxes on the metro interface.

17. Likes A7 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You know what really pisss's me off about Live at the moment:

1/ They cancelled Sent U a Message.

2/ They diddnt replace any of the Live shows with..... well anything.

3/ I cant even get friggin IGN anymore.

IGN where is my IGN APP! FFS its not fair I cant oogle Chobot and that blonde clone of hers anymore!
    Last edited by mynd; 07-12-2012 at 23:15.

19. Likes A7 likes this post
    Veteran
    The best thing about the 360 is that it made Don Mattrick not just rich, but among the super rich. It bought him the most expensive home in Vancouver, B.C. and it is in the running for one of the most expensive houses in all of Canada. He is so rich that he happily says in interviews that he works out of his home and watching his children play Kinect games puts him into the frontlines of console gaming. You have to admit, you are energized and inspired by his youthful charm and boyish good looks.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/...iew/?service=1

http://www.greatestates.info/stats_vancouver.html <#1 at bottom of page>
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I watched it a few times, but I realized that I knew everything they covered because I had found it on the internet well before they answered the questions.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    You know what really pisss's me off about Live at the moment:

2/ They diddnt replace any of the Live shows with..... well anything.

3/ I cant even get friggin IGN anymore.
    Agreed.

I used to enjoy this so much, it was cool to just listen to the two guys with their shtick. I knew of the news but their spin on top of the news was cool and funny (to me).

I'd have liked to have seen new shows/content also, fill the void.

I have a laptop hooked up to my HDTV so I was able to go that route but it was nice to have it all in one experience.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    The best thing about the 360 is that it made Don Mattrick not just rich, but among the super rich. It bought him the most expensive home in Vancouver, B.C. and it is in the running for one of the most expensive houses in all of Canada. He is so rich that he happily says in interviews that he works out of his home and watching his children play Kinect games puts him into the frontlines of console gaming. You have to admit, you are energized and inspired by his youthful charm and boyish good looks.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/...iew/?service=1

http://www.greatestates.info/stats_vancouver.html <#1 at bottom of page>
    Wow. That house is insane

Supreme Veteran
    Nobody likes Don Mattrick.

Soldier 95B
    Nobody likes Don Mattrick.

Supreme Veteran

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    He looks like a rodent. lol

Supreme Veteran
    He really does.

Soldier 95B
    I always liked Peter Moore and Jay Allard, as well as Shane Kim. GONE GONE GONE.

Thread Information