Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

So i want to buy a toothbrush...

Brothers and Sisters (as far as i know, that's just Black Wolf) of PSU. I have a question i need help with.

A few weeks ago my trusty electronic toothbrush bit the dust and died and since i've been back using a 'manual' toothbrush, what i really dislike!

I was thinking about treating myself to this Oral-B Triumph 5000 from Amazon as they have it about half the price compared to everywhere else!

My question to you is do any of you own the toothbrush i am considering getting or is there another electronic toothbrush that you use? What is your weapon of choice in the fight against tooth decay and plaque? Do you have a toothbrush that is better than the one i'm looking at?

Ideally i don't want to spend any more than 100 but if i can get one that is honestly worth the money i'll consider that one. The Oral B one i am looking at getting is about 200 in most places but Amazon have it for 85 so so far it seems like the best one for me to buy.

Any help is much appreciated, as usual!

BBK

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Buy a random 3$ toothbrush from Walmart and just brush your teeth well. Money saved, and results are exactly the same.

Learn to do signatures here

Forum Sage

After using a electronic toothbrush for several years, i couldn't disagree any more. My mouth feels so much cleaner when i use an electronic toothbrush. Get a decent electronic one, use it for 2 weeks and then tell me they do the same job The feel worlds apart.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    I haven't noticed much difference other than it vibrates while I brush. A good, non-electric one will do just as much wonders. But if you insist, look up Colgate brands. They have some good ratings.

Elite Sage
    I have a Sonicare.

I can't use a normal brush anymore.
    I once ate a dirty sock...don't tell anyone.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.
    UK>America. its just true

Ultimate Veteran
    I've have the model under the one you linked to (not as fancy) and I like it. The only downside is that it takes 13 hours to fully charge but you can plug it in at night and brush your teeth without issues in the morning and resume charging after. I'd go for it if I were you.

I received mine as a gift and I was a bit skeptical at first but it really is a big difference.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Xelios View Post
    I have a Sonicare.

How'd you find it?

Normal brushes just don't feel like they clean your teeth enough. I always thought a manual toothbrush was all you need but after having electric i feel like normal ones leave me no way near as clean even if i brush for longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Tutankhamun View Post
    I've have the model under the one you linked to (not as fancy) and I like it. The only downside is that it takes 13 hours to fully charge but you can plug it in at night and brush your teeth without issues in the morning and resume charging after. I'd go for it if I were you.

I received mine as a gift and I was a bit skeptical at first but it really is a big difference.
    Yeah the charge time even though really long won't be a problem as i'll leave it on overnight. They say you can get 10 days out of a single charge (i imagine in real-world i'll get about 8 days)

I think one of the only differences between the 3000 and 5000 is the wireless display included in the 5000 and maybe 1 or 2 features that aren't anything special but i intend for this brush to last me a few years so i don't mind spending the extra little amount of money as i see it as a bit of an investment.

Got to look after your teeth! Think i'm actually just going to buy it tomorrow at a local store who has it for 90 as i don't have time to wait for a delivery next week

Friendship is Carrots
    A standard soft-bristled toothbrush will do the job just fine. You need to replace it every 2-3 months, though, as bacteria builds on within the bristles. Admittedly a vibrating toothbrush would stimulate the gums better, but you can still do that yourself with a normal toothbrush. Buy hey, it's your money.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Guru
    I have a Sonicare.

Same. Love it. I occasionally just use a conventional brush (I brush a few times during the day), but usually the Sonicare in the evening (and I tend not to travel with it).
    "Remember, you're young only once but you can be immature forever."

10. Likes Xelios likes this post
    Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I got a dual pack of the Oral-B Triumph 5000 for me and my gf. It works wonders!

As tut mentioned the charging times are long but when it shows low battery just put it to charge overnight.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Forum Sage

I think i'm just going to buy it tomorrow morning. My life must be at a pretty low point for me to be excited about getting a new toothbrush

13. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Elite Member
    Does anyone remember those toothbrushes that would send music through your teeth and into your brain when you used them? So you could listen to one, low-quality audio song while you brushed?
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    How'd you find it?

Normal brushes just don't feel like they clean your teeth enough. I always thought a manual toothbrush was all you need but after having electric i feel like normal ones leave me no way near as clean even if i brush for longer!

Unbelievably awesome. Just so damn clean. I forget which one exactly I have, but it's in the Sonicare Essence lineup. Rechargable battery too, just place it on the stand once you're done. Don't need to connect the brush to any wires or anything. The head's are a little pricey online but I found them pretty cheap at local stores.
    World domination has taken a momentary setback...talk amongst yourselves in the meantime.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Buy a random 3$ toothbrush from Walmart and just brush your teeth well. Money saved, and results are exactly the same.
    I've done that all my life. Every time I go to the dentist they say my teeth are flawless. Never a single cavity.

Just brush well and floss dude.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Forum Sage
    After using a electronic toothbrush for several years, i couldn't disagree any more. My mouth feels so much cleaner when i use an electronic toothbrush. Get a decent electronic one, use it for 2 weeks and then tell me they do the same job The feel worlds apart.
    That's because you've paid good money to get that electronic tooth brush....so of-course it feels worlds apart...

Forum Sage

Exactly. My point being that if you get used to using an electronic brush you get used to your teeth feeling a certain way after brushing - something I have yet to emulate with a traditional brush. I'm not saying your after 3 toothbrush can't clean your mouth well enough, of course it can. It can't do it to the level I'm used to though

BBK. Tapatalking.

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Exactly. My point being that if you get used to using an electronic brush you get used to your teeth feeling a certain way after brushing - something I have yet to emulate with a traditional brush. I'm not saying your after 3 toothbrush can't clean your mouth well enough, of course it can. It can't do it to the level I'm used to though
    So you're willing to spend a lot of money just so you can get a certain feel in your mouth after brushing?

Ok.

Forum Sage

For me personally it's not a problem. If i like something the price isn't an issue so yeah, i will pay money for something i think is worth it and i take oral hygiene highly. I only get one set of teeth in life and i like to look after them. People pay ridiculous amounts of money for many things because it makes something feel slightly better, why shouldn't it apply to a toothbrush?

it is currently charging so i guess in a few hours after i have my dinner i'll know if it was money well spent or not.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Never laughed so hard in my life.

1. 82 for a toothbrush and that is half price
    2. it has a wireless digital display
    Last edited by keefy; 07-12-2012 at 14:53.

Forum Sage

Yeah the wireless digital display is pretty useless. From what i've worked out so far it's only useful for 1 working out what mode the toothbrush is currently on (what should be displayed on the handle but hey ho) and seeing the time. Other than that it is no doubt a gimmick that once the batteries have ran out, will be living in the bathroom cabinet

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    So you're willing to spend a lot of money just so you can get a certain feel in your mouth after brushing?

Ok.
    You obviously haven't used one.

It's the little things in life man.

24. Likes BBK.. , [DT] likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    After reading this thread i will be making a huge life change and purchase an eletronic brush! Im excited LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Sage

Do it man, you'll start to wonder how you ever coped without one. Started using my one last night and already i love it!

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Never laughed so hard in my life.

1. 82 for a toothbrush and that is half price
    2. it has a wireless digital display
    It needs Bluetooth everything is better with bluetooth. Could add a small mp3 player into the main charger bit that when you sync your blue tooth headset with it allows you to listen to music as you brush.

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    You obviously haven't used one.

It's the little things in life man.
    I've been using both for a long time, an electronic at home and a normal one when I'm not at home. Don't see the difference lol.

Thread Information