Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Changing the PS3 battery isnt easy, you would think undo all the screws and Bingo but nope there is still a plastic tab holding it together which if you break you will need to buy a new controller it happened to me with my sixaxis.
    I did try to use it for a few months but eventually the X buton wouldn't press when I wnated it to because the 2 half were seperating.
    Last edited by keefy; 07-12-2012 at 11:40.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    That's Technically a bad thing as once the Battery Dies you have to replace the Controller :P
    Indeed. Already replaced my controller after a few years cuz the battery was not holding a charge very long. But that is ok, cuz my PS3 came with the old SIXAXIS controller without rumble. DS3 replaced it

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Not to mention the rechargeable battery pack on the 360 sucks ass! That thing lasts maybe a year. And if I am not replacing the damn battery pack, I am replacing the usb cord to charge it.
    I have my same rechargeable batteries from November of 2005 that hold a charge still. Though not as long as my new ones (I have 6 controllers since I have multiple Xboxes now). The Microsoft branded rechargeable batteries have been a god send, and work awesome. No USB cables either. I have a couple charging docks (official MS ones). After about 30 hours, I pop out my battery out of the controller, throw it in the base and put in the recharged one. Rock and roll.

Look at the damn 360 lol. Old dvd drive, batteries, and infrared.
    I personally prefer replaceable batteries over non-replaceable. The biggest issue I have with the PS3 controller (as do many home theater enthusiasts) is that you have to charge it via USB. Well, my home theater has a media room that is in a different room from the screen. So when my controller battery is dead on the PS3, I am done playing. I have to go and put it on the charger and wait for it to charge again. With the 360, battery out, battery in.

As for infrared, I would give my left nut to have that on my PS3. Sucks major ass that Sony didn't put that in, as it doesn't work with my $250 Harmony One remote, like ALL of my equipment does (including Xbox). All of my stuff...Xbox, TV, Receiver, DirecTV box, DVD player, CD Changer...all newer, all works with the Harmony One remote, as god intended. I have to buy a $60 accessory to get it to work, which I am not about to do...

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/remotes/accessories/5732

Ya, I guess I do not know how to plug the controller in properly.......

I go through a battery pack every year. They suck ass.
    First time I have heard of that. I imagine there is a cloud following you everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay £40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    1. I am not bothered by lack of X chat on the PS3
    2. In general, downloads don't take long for me on the PS3. Patches are larger than the 360, so it seems longer, but they are not..at least not for me.
    3. Agreed, installs on the PS3 are more annoying than Ubermadness
    4. I am not fond of the trigger either. However, I have got used to them and they don't bother me anymore
    5. Agreed. The charging aspect of the controller with built in battery and tiny USB cord is sad.
    6. Trophies are not useless, and you can have them auto-sync with PSN+
    7. Move what?
    8. I would never complain about having too many good games
    9. I agree with your comment about PSN+ in some aspects. But PSN+ does have many features that make it worth it as well
    10. The internet browser does suck. I suspect the PS4 will have a LEGIT browser though. At least the PS3 has one. Radgamer uses it 24x7 and it works for him.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Also you can turn your 360 off and it will still download :P

Soldier 95B
    You can do that on the PS3 as well.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    You can do that on the PS3 as well.
    You can have it turn off after it downloads, but that's not exactly the same thing...

As for me I do not care, PS3 4 Lyf Yo! 4D!
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    How does it even do that, call me a noob but I've never made use of the feature

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    My PS3 downloads when I turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    The Xbox doesn't actually turn off. It shuts down everything needed until the downloads are finished. Then it fully shuts down.

Oh! And most importantly! Anyone that argues with me is going to get banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    Last edited by Lethal; 07-12-2012 at 14:37.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    As long as you have setting enabled, your console will continue to download any items in your queue (and cloud). When you turn off the Xbox, you hear everything shutdown like normal, video shuts off, etc. You will see the green light in the center of the power button flash every second or two until the downloads are complete, then it will stop flashing.

Master Sage
    1. No cross-game chat. Really, this is 2012 for $#@!s sake.
    2. Downloads that bring new meaning to 'snails pace'...
    3. Installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!?
    4. Useless bleeding joypad triggers that are not, erm, triggers at all.
    5. Joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. Some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV.
    6. Useless non-auto synchronising Trophies.
    7. A Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA-game worthy of being called AAA.
    8. Far too many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9. Having to pay £40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. This $#@! should be free.
    10. The tick box says comes with internet browser. Don't make me laugh.
    1. Cross-game chat really isn't that big a deal. It would be a nice feature to have, but it's not essential.
    2. That can't be blamed on the PS3. Your connection, the size of the file and PSN traffic come into play.
    3. Again, this depends entirely on the game you're installing and whether the developer has updated it.
    4. The L2/R2 buttons feel absolutely fine to me. This is such a trivial issue.
    5. Then leave it on charge while downloading something that can't be download in the background. Simple.
    6. Complaining about not being to show off how big/small your e-peen is? Really?
    7. Move has always been more of a party/casual gaming addition. There are titles on the way but, again, that comes down to personal taste rather than platform essentials.
    8. Oh my god, a console that has too many games? The horror, THE HORROR!
    9. PS+ is an excellent service, in my opinion, and is worth every penny. Live has features that you don't get unless you go for the paid option so your argument is invalid.
    10. PS3 is first and foremost a gaming console. You want to browse the internet, use a laptop or tablet. I imagine Sony has more important things to focus on their gaming console than an internet browser.

Shots fired, come at me, bro.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    My PS3 downloads when I turn it off.

The Xbox doesn't actually turn off. It shuts down everything needed until the downloads are finished. Then it fully shuts down.

Oh! And most importantly! Anyone that argues with me is going to get banned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
    really how ??? (unless you mean the PS+ service that turns your PS3 on at a set time to download ?)

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Typically i just plug my PS3 into my modem and it downloads alot faster than with the wifi connection? Doesnt really bother me to much. Ive always felt if you have all the time in the world you get an Xbox360 but if you have a social life and limited time for gaming you get a PS3.

I work full time I go out alot when im not out im watching movies with my gf on my ps3 when i do have time im playing gt5 or my sport titles on my PS3 which is typically when im in my house alone. I think the type of person that owns an Xbox360 or a PS3 are two different types of people imo

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Soldier 95B
    really how ??? (unless you mean the PS+ service that turns your PS3 on at a set time to download ?)
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5859778

Uhm, this feature is there. I use it just about every time I have a large file. When you have a download (or queue of downloads), just use the XMB to select the power off - Scroll to the left and select "power off" under the "users" menu and it will give you a box to check if you want to continue to download and power off after downloads are complete.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah the short USB cable is annoying when I have to recharge my PS3 controller.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    1. Cross-game chat really isn't that big a deal. It would be a nice feature to have, but it's not essential.
    2. That can't be blamed on the PS3. Your connection, the size of the file and PSN traffic come into play.
    3. Again, this depends entirely on the game you're installing and whether the developer has updated it.
    4. The L2/R2 buttons feel absolutely fine to me. This is such a trivial issue.
    5. Then leave it on charge while downloading something that can't be download in the background. Simple.
    6. Complaining about not being to show off how big/small your e-peen is? Really?
    7. Move has always been more of a party/casual gaming addition. There are titles on the way but, again, that comes down to personal taste rather than platform essentials.
    8. Oh my god, a console that has too many games? The horror, THE HORROR!
    9. PS+ is an excellent service, in my opinion, and is worth every penny. Live has features that you don't get unless you go for the paid option so your argument is invalid.
    10. PS3 is first and foremost a gaming console. You want to browse the internet, use a laptop or tablet. I imagine Sony has more important things to focus on their gaming console than an internet browser.

Shots fired, come at me, bro.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I have a PC so if I'm going ot get a console it will be a playstation. no reason for me to get an xbox if I got a PC, Halo and Gears is not going to make me run out and by an xbox360 o.O honestly, better resolution on PC vs Xbox360, 3rd party games are strong on Xbox360 but look better on PC. lol Even if I were to use a mid range GPU it still looks better.

you could say "well, that's the same with the PS3, PC looks better then the PS3" which is true, but there are games more appealing to me on the PS3 that I can't get on the PC. just more appealing. imo, PC + PS3 combo is 10x better and makes more sense compared to a PC + Xbox360 combo which to me is a combo that makes absolutely no sense at all.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-12-2012 at 18:39.

Master Sage
    What a convincing argument you put up, Yungstar.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    IOUaBeatn
    Items Naughty DogDead NationGears of War 3

What the hell? I never knew that. Thank you!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    What the hell? I never knew that. Thank you!
    Nor did I! you are welcome for the link. I can't take credit for the find though!

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay £40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    1. I agree that at this point in the game, the PlayStation 3 should have XGC. But I concur with Jaeger that it isn't an essential feature. I, for one, know I wouldn't take much advantage of such a feature.

2. To reiterate what others have said, the download speed is dependent upon your internet connection. I've had no problems downloading things at a normal pace, aside from when I'm having internet problems (my old ISP was horrid).

3. Yes, the installs can be frustrating, but it doesn't make the PS3 a bad console. If I remember correctly, the reason some games are installed on PS3 is because it will make the game run faster and more smoothly. To me, that's worth the extra wait.

4. It's a matter of getting used to the controller. The first time I held an Xbox control, I was baffled. Same with Gamecube, PlayStation, and every other console I've played.

5. This is certainly an annoyance, but easily fixed. And as for battery life, I've had absolutely no battery trouble with my controllers that I've had since launch. There's always going to be faulty batteries and gamers who simply cannot stop themselves from taking their anger out on their controllers.

6. This really is something Sony should have implemented right now. Is it essential? Absolutely not, but synchronizing trophies takes an ungodly amount of time (for me at least) and is something you'd think would be done automatically by now.

7. I haven't played many Move games, so I'll keep my mouth shut on this one.

8. I have no complaints with any Sony exclusives. There are some games I'm not in love with, sure, but I don't expect to fall in love with every single game Sony releases. The PS3 has a wide range of games available to it (both multi-platform and exclusives) that are a good deal of fun.

9. I hopped back into PS+ about a week ago. I've already downloaded well over $100 of games for $0. There's nothing to complain about here.

10. I haven't used the internet browser on my PS3 for ages. But seriously, buy a computer before you buy a PS3.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

playing online should be free...

21. Likes Kwes , Bigdoggy , Lethal likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    1. Cross-game chat really isn't that big a deal. It would be a nice feature to have, but it's not essential. 2. That can't be blamed on the PS3. Your connection, the size of the file and PSN traffic come into play. 3. Again, this depends entirely on the game you're installing and whether the developer has updated it. 4. The L2/R2 buttons feel absolutely fine to me. This is such a trivial issue. 5. Then leave it on charge while downloading something that can't be download in the background. Simple. 6. Complaining about not being to show off how big/small your e-peen is? Really? 7. Move has always been more of a party/casual gaming addition. There are titles on the way but, again, that comes down to personal taste rather than platform essentials. 8. Oh my god, a console that has too many games? The horror, THE HORROR! 9. PS+ is an excellent service, in my opinion, and is worth every penny. Live has features that you don't get unless you go for the paid option so your argument is invalid. 10. PS3 is first and foremost a gaming console. You want to browse the internet, use a laptop or tablet. I imagine Sony has more important things to focus on their gaming console than an internet browser. Shots fired, come at me, bro.
    All good points. But number 8 really stands out. How can anybody complain about too many exclusives? Keep'em coming Sony.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Its very hard to have a sense of communinty, or even friends without cross game chat.
    I mean if you can't party chat how the hell do you organise a game online?
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its very hard to have a sense of communinty, or even friends without cross game chat. I mean if you can't party chat how the hell do you organise a game online?
    Yeah I love cross game voice chat. Theres a reason it was the number one requested feature from PSN users.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    <Dbl post>
    Last edited by mynd; 07-12-2012 at 22:15.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    All good points. But number 8 really stands out. How can anybody complain about too many exclusives? Keep'em coming Sony.
    I don't know if you misinterpreted what I said, but I'm all for PS3 exclusives. Why wouldn't I want games that wipe the floor with Xbox 360 games? You'll never see Uncharted, inFamous or The Last Of Us on Xbox 360, whereas there's a vast supply of multiplatform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Halo or Gears Of War.

Thread Information