Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay Ģ40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    Are you actually for real or is this more for the fact we have this new forum sub-section?

I sincerely hope it's the latter...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    His post is facts...

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    His post is facts...
    And this is sarcasm, right?

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Its very hard to have a sense of communinty, or even friends without cross game chat.
    I mean if you can't party chat how the hell do you organise a game online?
    I dont touch cross game chat on my xbox either i just invite people on friendlist, no talking just an invite

Thank you itachi

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    His post is facts...
    Not really, and all are arguably up to preference.

Things like too short of a cable is a REACH at best simply because there are longer USB cables out there.

And if that wasn't a reach, then surely complaining about "too many exclusives" is laughable. If anyone seriously thinks that, then they're just plain _dumb_.

PS Plus "to pay for auto updates/installs" is a serious disservice to what it actually is - which is providing excellent content for FREE or at a very good discount at the least.

Again, anyone complaining about this is just plain _dumb_. (I'm beginning to sense a pattern about the post/thread/poster and whoever may agree)

Joypad triggers are subjective at best, and not a big deal (at least not enough to complain about on the internet).

The only real possible valid "points" are XGC and lack of Move support (the same can really said about the overhyped Kinect).

And XGC is not really that big of a deal - don't get me wrong, it's good to have for the sake of it; but not anything to be whining about unless you're a fanboy or just spoiled in #firstworldproblems.

Like I said, I sincerely hope no one truly agrees with anything on there unless you're just plain _dumb_....
    Last edited by Admartian; 07-12-2012 at 22:44.

6. Likes Ghost , Jaeger likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    I dont touch cross game chat on my xbox either i just invite people on friendlist, no talking just an invite
    What if they just want a quick chat?
    I can be playing one game and my bother will pop in to have a quick yak about something while playing something completly different.
    Hell I've had a few chats about "what games do you own" or "I just got game X" and ended up playing that online with them.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I can be playing one game and my bother will pop in to have a quick yak about something while playing something completly different.
    Hell I've had a few chats about "what games do you own" or "I just got game X" and ended up playing that online with them.
    Like I said, that may be the only thing that is slightly sort of valid.

Conversely, PS3 people can say "it's 2012 - where is Blu-Ray movies support on the 360 ffs?!?!?!" I understand it's up to preference, but that can be applied with XGC as well....

So it really is a _WEAK LEG TO STAND ON_.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    That's true. I suppose because I don't tend to use a mic under any circumstance I haven't really considered how nice XGC would actually be. Damn... I want it.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Not really, and all are arguably up to preference.

Things like too short of a cable is a REACH at best simply because there are longer USB cables out there.
    it's what comes in the box. Otherwise you have to acquire a longer what at your own cost or service.

And if that wasn't a reach, then surely complaining about "too many exclusives" is laughable. If anyone seriously thinks that, then they're just plain _dumb_.
    not complaining about too many exclusives. It is a disservice to have a great game, barely marketed.... ahem, Sony.

PS Plus "to pay for auto updates/installs" is a serious disservice to what it actually is - which is providing excellent content for FREE or at a very good discount at the least.
    It isn't free is it? I've been told you have to pay a subscription fee, to get free... if it's bad on the Xbox Live Gold service....

Again, anyone complaining about this is just plain _dumb_. (I'm beginning to sense a pattern about the post/thread/poster and whoever may agree)

Joypad triggers are subjective at best, and not a big deal (at least not enough to complain about on the internet).
    It's subjective, but not a big deal? lol

The only real possible valid "points" are XGC and lack of Move support (the same can really said about the overhyped Kinect).
    Lack of Move games, not move support in games.

And XGC is not really that big of a deal - don't get me wrong, it's good to have for the sake of it; but not anything to be whining about unless you're a fanboy or just spoiled in #firstworldproblems.
    Not having the feature is not having the feature...

Like I said, I sincerely hope no one truly agrees with anything on there unless you're just plain _dumb_....
    qq

Dat Guy
    I just ignore them then lol i dont just quick chat, if they want to chat they can talk on twitter,skype or psu.

Thank you itachi

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    qq
    Like I said, all very minimal.

I seriously can't believe you of all people subscribe to this.

I understand you prefer the 360, and more power to anyone that goes with what they like. But trying to justify something sucks based on very minute details is really really stupid and sad.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    That's true. I suppose because I don't tend to use a mic under any circumstance I haven't really considered how nice XGC would actually be. Damn... I want it.
    But you'd only really benefit from XGC if you used a mic. If you stick to text only then, dude, you already have that on PS3. It might not be instant but it takes seconds to go to their name, send a message and await a reply. Like I've stated before, XGC is more of a side-feature as opposed to something that is essential.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Looking over the lit and the attempt at justification by F3AR (all due respect sir) - it really looks even more stupid and futile attempt at trying to have a go at the PS3.

I'm still confused as to how anyone can truly think that without trying to be comically-trolling (which I can respect at least as there's humour involved). While this thread and it's supporters' "logic" are funny - it is for the wrong reasons.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    1. Built-in rechargeable batteries.

2. Bluetooth

3. Blu-Ray

4. 3D movies

5. PS Home (yes, many like it)

6. Ability to put any size hdd in your console.

7. Better exclusives

8. Free online

9. Paid service actually gives you something. Over 20 free retail games so far. Not counting the psn games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And no power brick,. Its nothing big but its 2012 and xbox has had million SKUs yet its still there.

Anyway, what's the point of this thread? Like the OP said "this is 2012" lets end the little jabs we take at other consoles
    Last edited by Itachi; 07-12-2012 at 23:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay Ģ40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    Lol.
    1. The 1 complaint you have that's valid.
    2. Your slow downloads aren't Sony's problem, there yours, I get my full bandwidth all the time, and so do my friends, at 30 Meg
    3. If the average 2 minute install bothers you then you have issues, next gen is really going to p*ss you off.
    4. I like the "triggers", as do most people I know. It provides a nice wide base to squeeze for long periods.
    5. Get a longer USB cable from pound land, or use some common sense and charge before play. Oh, and a console that doesn't launch with a wireless rechargeable controller as standard? It was 2005 fs.
    6. Yeah, it's real tough pressing "Trophies" once to sync them :/ I like the fact I can collect a group of trophies, and then have them sync and upload together to facebook.
    7. A kinect sensor that launched for 150 quid and still has no AAA title, and most of the stuff they done at E3 this year was voice activation, witch just about every device in the world is capable of doing. At least when people bought a move, they really only had to spend 40 quid
    8. Really? Sony, the company that most people would agree has the best exclusives (a lot of them as well), is in fact only recognised for it's not so good exclusives?? o.O
    9. Having to pay? Sorry but having to pay is a Microsoft thing. Choosing to pay is a Sony thing. Yey lets go buy some games, and then pay even more just to use the online features the game has.
    10. Yes, they do say it comes with a browser, and it does. No one says it was awesome.

and the PS3 is good because... People enjoy using it? It does what it's supposed to? It looks like a boss sitting on my unit? Yes.
    Pedal

17. Likes Ghost , Admartian likes this post
    Master Sage
    Looking over the list and the attempt at justification by F34R (all due respect sir) - it really looks an even more stupid and futile attempt at trying to have a go at the PS3.
    The one thing that really irritated me about that (quite frankly, rather pathetic) list was the fact that the OP was complaining about PS3 having 'too many' exclusive titles. I mean, c'mon, what the $#@!? How can you have too many exclusives? And if you want to start moaning about exclusives, then you may as well start a topic bashing your console of choice too. We might have Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, The Last Of Us, The Last Guardian, LittleBigPlanet, etc but you have Fable, Gears of War, Alan Wake, etc. Both sides have exclusive titles and if you're really going to start moaning about them then, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. The consoles need exclusive titles to help sell the platform. Jesus...

19. Likes Ghost , Lethal , Admartian likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    But I concur with Jaeger that it isn't an essential feature.
    This really is something Sony should have implemented right now. Is it essential? Absolutely not
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Like I've stated before, XGC is more of a side-feature as opposed to something that is essential.
    That is an entirely different thread then. I didn't see anything in this thread stating that ESSENTIAL only features need to be discussed. If that is the case, we only needed the Xbox and PS3 to have power supply, NIC card, DVD drive, component in, and fan, no xmb or dashboard, and just put a game in the drive and turn it on. That is what is ESSENTIAL. Everything after that is non-essential to game.

I don't see any benefit of discounting either argument using "essential" to down play it. What might be or not be essential to you, might be essential to others.

I hopped back into PS+ about a week ago. I've already downloaded well over $100 of games for $0. There's nothing to complain about here.
    So you got PSN+ free, and you get to keep the games forever?

I don't know if you misinterpreted what I said, but I'm all for PS3 exclusives. Why wouldn't I want games that wipe the floor with Xbox 360 games? You'll never see Uncharted, inFamous or The Last Of Us on Xbox 360, whereas there's a vast supply of multiplatform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Halo or Gears Of War.
    The same reason others want the 360 with games that wipe the floor with PS3 games (in others opinions that is). You'll never see Gears of War, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Shadow Complex, Minecraft, etc on PS3, where as a vast supply of multi platform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Resistance and Killzone (in their opinion).

Let's keep personal attacks out of here.

It's my understanding that Kinect is OVER supported, not a lack of support.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    The one thing that really irritated me about that (quite frankly, rather pathetic) list was the fact that the OP was complaining about PS3 having 'too many' exclusive titles. I mean, c'mon, what the $#@!? How can you have too many exclusives? And if you want to start moaning about exclusives, then you may as well start a topic bashing your console of choice too. We might have Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, The Last Of Us, The Last Guardian, LittleBigPlanet, etc but you have Fable, Gears of War, Alan Wake, etc. Both sides have exclusive titles and if you're really going to start moaning about them then, I'm sorry, but you're an idiot. The consoles need exclusive titles to help sell the platform. Jesus...
    Agreed.

Like I said, if the OP was being funny/ironic or whatever, then this thread could've been a whole lot different.

Just see Dre's thread on "PS3 rulezzzzz". ;(

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The same reason others want the 360 with games that wipe the floor with PS3 games (in others opinions that is). You'll never see Gears of War, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Shadow Complex, Minecraft, etc on PS3, where as a vast supply of multi platform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Resistance and Killzone (in their opinion).
    You completely missed the point. I'm not saying that Xbox 360 has some decent exclusives, I was arguing the fact that OP said PS3 has too many exclusives. How can a console have 'too many' exclusives? It's these exclusives that drive sales of a console, for Christ sake. How do you expect Sony to sell units without Uncharted, Killzone, etc? You can't, much like how Microsoft can't shift units without Halo, Gears of War, etc.

Also, for the record, I'd hardly classify Minecraft 'exclusive' to Xbox 360. It was always intended to be played on a PC and will always be supported more on PC than any console. Having played Minecraft on Xbox 360, I can tell you that the console version is vastly inferior to it's PC counterpart.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You completely missed the point. I'm not saying that Xbox 360 has some decent exclusives, I was arguing the fact that OP said PS3 has too many exclusives. How can a console have 'too many' exclusives? It's these exclusives that drive sales of a console, for Christ sake. How do you expect Sony to sell units without Uncharted, Killzone, etc? You can't, much like how Microsoft can't shift units without Halo, Gears of War, etc.

Also, for the record, I'd hardly classify Minecraft 'exclusive' to Xbox 360. It was always intended to be played on a PC and will always be supported more on PC than any console. Having played Minecraft on Xbox 360, I can tell you that the console version is vastly inferior to it's PC counterpart.
    You do know Minecraft on Xbox is getting updates?
    Minecraft on Xbox is vastly vastly superior than the PC verison in one very fun area...mulitplayer, both online and splitscreen.

Soldier 95B

I said minecraft is not on PS3. I never once said it was a 360 only game. You said some PS3 games can't be found on the 360.

Dat Guy
    I said minecraft is not on PS3. I never once said it was a 360 only game. You said some PS3 games can't be found on the 360.
    For now, i bet minecraft will come to ps3 eventually

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    For now, i bet minecraft will come to ps3 eventually
    Nope. Already confirmed as 360 being the only console.

Dat Guy
    Nope. Already confirmed as 360 being the only console.
    They also said that about the portable edition on xpheria play, they also said the pc will be the only version, $#@! changes

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    Minecraft on Xbox is vastly vastly superior than the PC verison in one very fun area, mulitplayer, both online and splitscreen.

Ah, mate, you crack me up.

29. Likes DeviousOne likes this post

Thread Information