Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Friendship is Carrots
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Minecraft on Xbox is vastly vastly superior than the PC verison in one very fun area...mulitplayer, both online and splitscreen.
    The PC version can hold many more players, utilize Bukkit plugins, and has more vanilla content. Splitscreen is fine and dandy, but that alone doesn't outweigh the massive perks of the PC version. Also, there's a splitscreen mod.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

2. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    You do know Minecraft on Xbox is getting updates?
    Minecraft on Xbox is vastly vastly superior than the PC verison in one very fun area...mulitplayer, both online and splitscreen.
    Lol really? Really?!? Sorry but till it can support bigger worlds and more people then you cant even compare them

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    They also said that about the portable edition on xpheria play, they also said the pc will be the only version, $#@! changes
    It was a public agreement with Microsoft and Mojang. Microsoft is the Publisher of the game for console. I guess if Microsoft chose to port it to the PS3 they could, but I doubt it lol.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The PC version can hold many more players, utilize Bukkit plugins, and has more vanilla content. Splitscreen is fine and dandy, but that alone doesn't outweigh the massive perks of the PC version. Also, there's a splitscreen mod.
    I could not help but throw this together quickly.

13th July 2012 will forever be known as the day mynd tried to say Xbox is superior to PC.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

6. Likes Sir_Scud , Ghost , Kwes likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    I prefer the 360 version for the couch experience with split screen with my son.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I prefer the 360 version for the couch experience with split screen with my son.
    Ever heard of a laptop? Or connecting your computer/laptop to your TV? It's cheap, easy and allows exactly the same comforts as playing on your inferior Xbox version but with many more features. You're only cheating your son out of playing a decent game by not doing that.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    I have my pc plugged into my main 40 inch tv and i use my ps3 dualshock 3 controllers to play minecraft on my pc

Thank you itachi

10. Likes Ghost , Jaeger likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Nope. Already confirmed as 360 being the only console.
    That's what they said about FF13, RE, DMC (regarding PS3 exclusivity) and Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising etc.

I wouldn't put too much stock on things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Ever heard of a laptop? Or connecting your computer/laptop to your TV? It's cheap, easy and allows exactly the same comforts as playing on your inferior Xbox version but with many more features. You're only cheating your son out of playing a decent game by not doing that.
    I do this with my laptop!

I get to play 360 games that interest me (Alan Wake, Fable etc) and don't have to waste money just to play Halo or Gears. Ever since ME became multiplat, the reason to own a 360 for me went to 0.

Still, I see myself maybe getting a really cheap 360 for Christmas next year or something.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I have my pc plugged into my main 40 inch tv and i use my ps3 dualshock 3 controllers to play minecraft on my pc
    I pick up my four controlelrs and just play on the couch with my 3 kids, and sometimes a couple of online people join in.

<Hoops> vs Out of the box fun.

I didnt say Minecraft is superior on the xbox, for all of you that cant read, I said it is superior in one area. And you can add all the splitscreen mods and buy all the laptops you want for your kids but it still wont beat the ability to play 4 player splitscreen, drop in drop out, with your kids on the couch on a Saturday morning.

Ever.

WTF? Are you really advocating I go buy 3 laptops and that it's "cheap".

Minecraft cost me $32 for the Xbox.
    4 copies on the PC will cost me $240.
    Oh and 3 more PC/laptops....and the network cables...and the montiors..and the 8 port switch...and finding places to put them all in the lounge...

Wow..you guys....
    Last edited by mynd; 07-13-2012 at 02:17.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    You can have it turn off after it downloads, but that's not exactly the same thing...

As for me I do not care, PS3 4 Lyf Yo! 4D!
    The X360 doesn't really turn off either. The difference between how X360 does it over the PS3 is that the X360 goes in low power mode (I believe.)

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    qq
    If a game supports Move, it is a Move game....
    Last edited by sainraja; 07-13-2012 at 02:41.

Forum Sage
    delete

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    delete
    Backspace!..and Page Up!

Is this a new keyboard game?

Forum Sage
    It comes out next year. Mark your calendar. =P (If you are looking for what the post said, it's right above -- edited the first post.)

Unbound Mercenary
    Amen.

Splitscreen action is the reason I even play games anymore on xbox.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I've found that those who own both consoles and game on both understand the positives and negatives very well. Those that don't.. well they'll always remain loyal to the Xbox/PS3.

How I look at it is..

PS3 has a FAR superior library of Japanese games + Amazing classics like God Hand/Okami + free online play + first party titles people really like.
    Xbox 360 has Xbox Live Party Chat which is a big advantage (so much so that group of friends couldn't go back to playing online on the PS3 really), Exclusives I like (Forza, and of course one of the best first person shooter series in terms of Lore/story all of video games.. Halo) , a superior Arcade lineup/exlcusives, and cool downloading features.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    ps3>xbox360

/thread

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Friendship is Carrots
    Which is fine because you have different priorities in that regard. For many, though, the PC version sails higher due to its greater gameplay options. That's all I'm saying.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Which is fine because you have different priorities in that regard. For many, though, the PC version sails higher due to its greater gameplay options. That's all I'm saying.
    And no one was denying that.
    I am looking forward to pistons coming to the Xbox version though.

Friendship is Carrots
    And no one was denying that.
    I am looking forward to pistons coming to the Xbox version though.
    I didn't say anyone was. You posted about how you find the 360 multiplayer to be better because you have different requirements, and I pointed out the advantages of multiplayer on the PC. Done.

I will state that from what I've seen, people who have experience with both tend to prefer the PC multiplayer overall, even if only a bit.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Master Sage
    WTF? Are you really advocating I go buy 3 laptops and that it's 'cheap'? Minecraft cost me $32 for the Xbox. 4 copies on the PC will cost me $240. Oh, and 3 more PC/laptops....and the network cables and the monitors and the 8 port switch and finding places to put them all in the lounge.

Wow, you guys.
    Surely your sons happiness comes first?

This is all irrelevant, anyway. You prefer Minecraft X360 for the 'superior' multiplayer and I prefer Minecraft PC for the ACTUAL superior multiplayer and heavy mod support. While you're just fooling around with one or two friends with no options to use pistons, mods etc, I'll be happily playing with 30+ people using whatever mod I wish. Have fun...
    Last edited by Jaeger; 07-13-2012 at 08:58.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Never had any of my 360s rrod on me. nor chew my disc. ive had 4, 2 that i had flashed, 1 i gave to my son and my elite which is running fine.

forced installs.
    $#@! online
    havent really utilised blu ray much, so thats a moot point. the games look the same, bar a few.
    trophies are $#@! and you have to sync them,
    updates take forver
    move is a joke.
    home is joke
    psn is so wack and got hacked, so what if its free? it sucks
    ps plus aint all that
    OK, their exclusives aint a patch on sonys
    Multiplat games 8/10 times look better on the 360
    No issue with either pad, never got the hate for that.
    XBL is a rip off, but is so much better than psn. Seeing as i dont game online anymore.
    Last edited by 33x; 07-13-2012 at 09:18.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    PS+

Pay $50 for a year of tons of extras for little to no cost. Play some extra free games while you're at it that you may have overlooked. Or don't. Or you can just keep enjoying the essential functions for free.

Xbox Live Gold

Pay $60 for a year of $#@! that should be free. Don't game online often or at all but pay money for HBO and other services? Want to use those services of HBO GO and other apps conveniently on the Xbox? Not without Gold you won't! We're the ultimate entertainment machine! Let me count your money while you scratch your head.
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-13-2012 at 10:29.

26. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Ok, so I am the one that brought up Minecraft. I brought it up because Jaeger was discussing games on the PS3 that you can't get on the 360. I was discussing games on the 360 you can't get on the PS3. At no time was PC mentioned, or brought up. We were discussing PS3/360 consoles and what game can be played on what console. Minecraft cannot be played on the PS3. If you are a PC gamer, that's cool. But millions of us are not, clearly noted by the over 2 million copies sold in just the first month. Because they are an XBLA Studio for Microsoft in regard to this game, they are looking at exclusive Xbox content for Minecraft as well:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1355073...e_content.html

The Xbox 360 version of Minecraft is due for launch next week, but after that the direction it takes could end up drastically different, according to Minecraft Xbox 360 developer 4J Studios. "Mojang and Microsoft are keen for us to add new content to the game specifically for Xbox," Paddy Burns, chief technical officer at 4J told NowGamer, "and while we are working on updating the game version in the short term, we will be looking at specific Xbox content in the longer term."

As with the PC version, however, this content will be based on the desires of the community of Minecraft Xbox 360 players. "We would love to see a community growing around the Xbox version of the game," said Paddy, "and it is something we are all very keen to enable as we continue developing the game." There's exclusive features to Xbox 360 already, such as the ability "to take screenshots of your Minecraft levels, and share on Facebook". And since forums are already being established for the Xbox version of Minecraft, Paddy promises that 4J Studios "will be following and interacting with these as we continue the development."
    So, yeah, the in discussion of PS3 vs. 360 (as this thread is about), Minecraft can only be played on the Xbox 360 (consoles). Now, can you play Minecraft on the PS3's web browser? That I do not know

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I do this with my laptop!
    I would never cheat my son out of anything. He loves our Minecraft experience. We have a $149.00 new Xbox 360 S hooked up in me and my wifes bedroom. We have a $149.00 new Xbox 360 S hooked up in our living room. We have a $299 Xbox 360 S in our home theater area, and we have a $299 Xbox 360 Elite in my son's bedroom. At any time, we can play our Minecraft game, on any of the those televisions, splitscreen, having paid for the game once. Those who prefer hooking up a PC or Laptop to their TVs and moving them around, or buying multiple laptops, more power to you. But there are millions of us that have no desire to game like that on PC, and have no desire to spend that kind of money. Some of us like our PS3/360 consoles, and that is what we prefer to play on. If we get a better experience from that, I see no reason to discount someone for that.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's what they said about FF13, RE, DMC (regarding PS3 exclusivity) and Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising etc.
    Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, and never made it to the PS3. Dead Rising 1 never made it to the PS3. Bioshock 1 was never published by Microsoft. Minecraft for console is published by Microsoft.

I didn't say anyone was. You posted about how you find the 360 multiplayer to be better because you have different requirements, and I pointed out the advantages of multiplayer on the PC. Done.

I will state that from what I've seen, people who have experience with both tend to prefer the PC multiplayer overall, even if only a bit.
    A great conversation for a Minecraft Xbox 360 vs. Minecraft PC thread, for sure. But this is a 360/PS3 thread. And no doubt the Minecraft PC version has so many features and such a large world, that it destroys the Xbox 360 version when you compare features. Then again, that can be said about every single PC game that is on console as well. PC will always destroy console.

Surely your sons happiness comes first?

This is all irrelevant, anyway. You prefer Minecraft X360 for the 'superior' multiplayer and I prefer Minecraft PC for the ACTUAL superior multiplayer and heavy mod support. While you're just fooling around with one or two friends with no options to use pistons, mods etc, I'll be happily playing with 30+ people using whatever mod I wish. Have fun...
    My son and I "tool" around with 8 people playing co-op online and split screen on our Xbox 360 version, and we love it. We never really liked playing it on the computer. What is relevant is your own personal experience. Nobody can tell you (or me) what we enjoy more.

Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    The X360 doesn't really turn off either. The difference between how X360 does it over the PS3 is that the X360 goes in low power mode (I believe.)
    You're right but I wasn't comparing the 360 and PS3, just the comment that the PS3 turns off first before it completes its downloads.

Though I do not have a PS+ subscription.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Ok, so I am the one that brought up Minecraft. I brought it up because Jaeger was discussing games on the PS3 that you can't get on the 360. I was discussing games on the 360 you can't get on the PS3. At no time was PC mentioned, or brought up. We were discussing PS3/360 consoles and what game can be played on what console. Minecraft cannot be played on the PS3. If you are a PC gamer, that's cool. But millions of us are not, clearly noted by the over 2 million copies sold in just the first month. Because they are an XBLA Studio for Microsoft in regard to this game, they are looking at exclusive Xbox content for Minecraft as well:

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1355073...e_content.html

So, yeah, the in discussion of PS3 vs. 360 (as this thread is about), Minecraft can only be played on the Xbox 360 (consoles). Now, can you play Minecraft on the PS3's web browser? That I do not know

I would never cheat my son out of anything. He loves our Minecraft experience. We have a $149.00 new Xbox 360 S hooked up in me and my wifes bedroom. We have a $149.00 new Xbox 360 S hooked up in our living room. We have a $299 Xbox 360 S in our home theater area, and we have a $299 Xbox 360 Elite in my son's bedroom. At any time, we can play our Minecraft game, on any of the those televisions, splitscreen, having paid for the game once. Those who prefer hooking up a PC or Laptop to their TVs and moving them around, or buying multiple laptops, more power to you. But there are millions of us that have no desire to game like that on PC, and have no desire to spend that kind of money. Some of us like our PS3/360 consoles, and that is what we prefer to play on. If we get a better experience from that, I see no reason to discount someone for that.

Mass Effect 1 was published by Microsoft, and never made it to the PS3. Dead Rising 1 never made it to the PS3. Bioshock 1 was never published by Microsoft. Minecraft for console is published by Microsoft.

A great conversation for a Minecraft Xbox 360 vs. Minecraft PC thread, for sure. But this is a 360/PS3 thread. And no doubt the Minecraft PC version has so many features and such a large world, that it destroys the Xbox 360 version when you compare features. Then again, that can be said about every single PC game that is on console as well. PC will always destroy console.

My son and I "tool" around with 8 people playing co-op online and split screen on our Xbox 360 version, and we love it. We never really liked playing it on the computer. What is relevant is your own personal experience. Nobody can tell you (or me) what we enjoy more.
    You're always very antsy when it comes to MS/360 matters aren't ya? I was just saying a lot of that can be experienced equally, if not better, on a PC/Laptop.

Chill - you're still allowed to love your precious 360 - no one's stopping you matey.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

30. Likes Nitey likes this post

Thread Information