Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Exactly. Judging a console from a purely cosmetic point of view is extremely petty. That's like saying a book isn't worth reading because the cover isn't colourful. What matters is what lies beneath the exterior and, as proven, the PS3 is an extremely powerful machine capable of producing some truly amazing results and we're nowhere near the end of it's life cycle. We're going to see some amazing work over the next couple of years.

As for the system blowing up from overheating, well, that's more the fault of the end user than the console itself. All electrical equipment run the risk of overheating if not stored in an open, well-ventilated place. All next-gen consoles, including Wii, suffer from this and it's not something the manufacturer can help.
    To be fair though the new slim ps3 was designed by satan himself to create the most ugly device ever thought of.

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    To be fair, though, the new slim PS3 was designed by Satan himself to create the most ugly device ever thought of.
    You're always going to lose some sort of cosmetic quality when you sacrifice size but the fact it looks ugly doesn't stop it being a powerful machine. Just look at some of the games that little machine will be able to play; The Last Of Us, The Last Guardian, Two Souls, God of War, Dust 514, All-Star Battle Royale and Final Fantasy Versus XIII being just a small list of the exclusives coming to PS3 in 2012/2013.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Dat Guy
    You're always going to lose some sort of cosmetic quality when you sacrifice size but the fact it looks ugly doesn't stop it being a powerful machine. Just look at some of the games that little machine will be able to play; The Last Of Us, The Last Guardian, Two Souls, God of War, Dust 514, All-Star Battle Royale and Final Fantasy Versus XIII being just a small list of the exclusives coming to PS3 in 2012/2013.
    Oh you dont need to sell to me how awesome the ps3 is il be spending nearly a grand on games this year for it, the ps3 is an amazing system.

Thank you itachi

Master Sage
    Oh you don't need to sell to me how awesome the PS3 is, I'll be spending nearly a grand on games this year for it. The PS3 is an amazing system.
    Exactly. Anyone who complains about the PS3 having 'too many games' is stupid and shouldn't be playing games, and instead be smacking their head against the walls of a padded room.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Dat Guy
    Exactly. Anyone who complains about the PS3 having 'too many games' is stupid and shouldn't be playing games, and instead be smacking their head against the walls of a padded room.
    I agree theres no such thing as too many good games, i have a huge backlog of good games, though i do buy CE editions also.

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah this is true. I'm nearing 80 games, only a 3rd of those are exclusives, the rest 3rd party. It's weird that Sony haven't got anything this holiday...well there is LBP Karting and PSABR. 2013 will be a killer year though for PS3.
    Yeah GOW and TLOU are definitely on my PS3 radar for 2013. Beyond will propably be a rental for me though. But GOW and TLOU for PS3 and Gears Judgement for 360 will get plenty of play during that time (plus 3rd party).

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post

I have already replaced my controller a couple years ago because the battery would no longer hold a charge long enough. That is a $55 expense. The removable batteries that I get for my 360 last just as long if not longer, and it only costs me $10 for a new one. Controllers are still rock solid (well, both my PS3 and 360 controllers have NEVER had issues hardware wise).
    Fair enough Ive personally never had an issue with my controllers, but all my friends who have both Xbox and PS3 if their controllers have died it has nt been for a battery issue, its been just from over use or something
    "Everything that has ever happened has been leading up to this very moment"

"What happened to bros before hoes?" "Well, this one isn't a hoe, so she's first."

Supreme Veteran
    Some people also abuse their controllers. Throwing them when they can't beat a boss and/or punching it when they die in some level.

I think I seen the video on Youtube, where some guy stomped his controller because he spent 1 hour on a boss he just couldn't beat.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Some people also abuse their controllers. Throwing them when they can't beat a boss and/or punching it when they die in some level.

I think I seen the video on Youtube, where some guy stomped his controller because he spent 1 hour on a boss he just couldn't beat.
    I have a sixaxis with the l2 and r2 buttons broken off lol

Thank you itachi

Soldier 95B

I have punched my controllers

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

When I was young, 13ish, I lived near this kid that was the only one to have a Nintendo at that time in our neighborhood. We would go over there and play Mario Bro's like a cult lol. The worst thing was when he would die, he would just toss his controller for the NES lol. He'd have an attitude towards the game, and a really bad demeanor. Same thing would happen in Mike Tyson's Punchout! lol. Lol

12. Likes A7, Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

I've spent over an hour on something I just couldn't do in a game, but I could never imagine throwing or taking frustration out on my controller!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I've spent over an hour on something I just couldn't do in a game, but I could never imagine throwing or taking frustration out on my controller!
    I did once with Modern Warfare 2. It was a really bad day that day I guess and I wanted to release some steam on something.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim

I think most of us has done this one time or another.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I dont throw my controllers or abuse my consoles...cause i have to pay for them LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!

and the PS3 is good because?
    switched on PS3 this morning after not having used it for a while.

first up is a system update (4.21 i think), time passes and i then look on PSN to see if there is anything i want.

InFamous 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm are the free games i think i'll have, add to that Jak trilogy along with Journey.

5 hours later and i have Journey, Jak 1 and 2 downloaded with Jak 2 taking 12 minutes to install after its overly long download. shall see if the rest download during the night

Dat Guy
    switched on PS3 this morning after not having used it for a while.

first up is a system update (4.21 i think), time passes and i then look on PSN to see if there is anything i want.

InFamous 2, LBP2 and Motorstorm are the free games i think i'll have, add to that Jak trilogy along with Journey.

5 hours later and i have Journey, Jak 1 and 2 downloaded with Jak 2 taking 12 minutes to install after its overly long download. shall see if the rest download during the night
    If you have plus set the time for it to turn on and auto download and install for you, anything in download list will be done

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I hate having to install after downloading. On the 360 I can download whatever and just start playing.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I hate having to install after downloading. On the 360 I can download whatever and just start playing.
    Especially when its a big file lol also if your downloading as your installing, the install lags up

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    even when I bought the PS3, while I like it I thought it was ugly. I would rather have a bland style of a system that is boxy looking like a receiver or DVD player then this ugly looking PS3. it's ugly and there is no denying it. I mean, even the PS4 rumor picture looks better then the PS3. LOL

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Infamous 2 = 8 hours to download and 1 and a half hours to install and a further 10 mins to download and install 3 updates that the game needed before i could play.

all that to find out it's not as good as InFamous

Dat Guy
    Infamous 2 = 8 hours to download and 1 and a half hours to install and a further 10 mins to download and install 3 updates that the game needed before i could play.

all that to find out it's not as good as InFamous
    Dont know what your hdd speed was but took 20 minutes for me to install infamous 2 and 3 1/2 hours to download

Thank you itachi

Master Guru
    Not only does the PS3 look good but it is good. It's so good.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Infamous 2 = 8 hours to download and 1 and a half hours to install and a further 10 mins to download and install 3 updates that the game needed before i could play. all that to find out it's not as good as InFamous
    Wow thats crazy. I actually liked Infamous 2 better. And now I'm enjoying Infamous Festival of Blood.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Dont know what your hdd speed was but took 20 minutes for me to install infamous 2 and 3 1/2 hours to download
    Same with me. My DL was about 2.5 hours and install was about 20 too. 8 hours...ouch...I'm glad the EU has the net infrastructure it does.

Thread Information