Latest PSU headlines:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Not only does the PS3 look good but it is good. It's so good.
    It's the pinnacle of all gaming, right?
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Infamous 2 = 8 hours to download and 1 and a half hours to install and a further 10 mins to download and install 3 updates that the game needed before i could play.

all that to find out it's not as good as InFamous
    Mine took nowhere near that long. (on a HDD, if it bothers you so much get an SSD).
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Mine took nowhere near that long. (on a HDD, if it bothers you so much get an SSD).

This. It took me no more than 2.5 hours to download and install Infamous. For a 10+ GB game, it's not bad at all imo.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by ddPLaNeT View Post
    This. It took me no more than 2.5 hours to download and install Infamous. For a 10+ GB game, it's not bad at all imo.
    How fast is your connection?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Depending on connection can greatly vary DL time..I usually just plug my modem driectly to the ps3 when i download anything

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    LBP 2 = 3+ hours to download and install and then 45mins to download and install 8 patches...

thankfully when i download onto 360 its quicker, has no installs and very seldom does it take longer than a few seconds to download any updates.

Sony need to get this sorted for PS4. but my phat PS3 does look good.

Soldier 95B
    That is true about the 360. It's usually just a few second process. The only time I have seen it take longer is when it's like Battlefield 3, when they have 1gb+ patches because they force DLC on you.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Ah well its fine for me.
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That is true about the 360. It's usually just a few second process. The only time I have seen it take longer is when it's like Battlefield 3, when they have 1gb+ patches because they force DLC on you.
    I can't deny that. It's true that most Playstation 3 games take a long waiting process before you can play them. The good thing is that it's only needed once but since I play a variety of games, it can get annoying.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay Ģ40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    Because it's not an Xbox360 XD

11. Likes AaronSOLDIER , sainraja likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    That's Technically a bad thing as once the Battery Dies you have to replace the Controller :P
    Actually that's not true. The battery can easily be taken off and you can buy new ones from the internet. Takes literally 2 minutes to do it. But for newbs, it's easier to just replace regular batteries so yea, it's not good for mainstream. But I've had my controller for years and it's never had battery issues.

Forum Elder
    Items DiceGoogle ChromeNaughty DogBattlefield 3PlayStationPS3 Slim
    if they would bring down the price of new games i would buy PLUS

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Actually that's not true. The battery can easily be taken off and you can buy new ones from the internet. Takes literally 2 minutes to do it. But for newbs, it's easier to just replace regular batteries so yea, it's not good for mainstream. But I've had my controller for years and it's never had battery issues.
    This. I could buy a new controller for about €30 or I could buy a new battery from amazon that has 3 times the charge capacity of the old one for €10. I will be doing this soon, as after 3 years of heavy usage, my batteries are losing their legs.

Elite Member
    ...I've honestly NEVER had the urge to talk to one of my PSN friends while they were playing another game...
    What would we talk about that I couldn't just send in an XMB message?...
    And the ones who's phone number I have, well...I don't really have to explain that...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    AshSteHol
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    ...I've honestly NEVER had the urge to talk to one of my PSN friends while they were playing another game...
    And the ones who's phone number I have, well...I don't really have to explain that...
    Same. I've never had the urge on XBL either even though the feature is there.
    KING OF POP
    1958 - 2009

17. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzano-O View Post
    It's actually quite rare that I am talking to friends in the SAME game. Seems we are all on different pages, unless it's a huge release like COD. I mostly chat with family or friends while playing totally different games.

My son (13) is often in a 8 person party chat, where NOBODY is playing the same game.

Sometimes it's just a big party, lol.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah the cross game chat feature comes in handy for me. The only ones that I see dismissing it here are those with a major PS3 bias or some dont even own a 360 and are PS3 biased. I remember alot of PS3 fans here said all the same things about achievements until the trophy system came along and now suddenly its great and people even put trophy counts in their sigs. If 360 has it and PS3 doesnt its a useless feature. If PS3 gets it down the road then it suddenly becomes awesome. lol

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah the cross game chat feature comes in handy for me. The only ones that I see dismissing it here are those with a major PS3 bias or some dont even own a 360 and are PS3 biased. I remember alot of PS3 fans here said all the same things about achievements until the trophy system came along and now suddenly its great and people even put trophy counts in their sigs. If 360 has it and PS3 doesnt its a useless feature. If PS3 gets it down the road then it suddenly becomes awesome. lol
    Lol, yeah, just like when the 360 baised said that a hard drive in a console was not necessary... Now itīs suddenly awsome.

21. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Hasn't the 360 always had a harddrive option?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Hasn't the 360 always had a harddrive option?

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes...? But the claim was that it was not necessary and itīs not actually. Just like trophys, achivements, partychat, blu-ray and online, but some features seem more or less useful for different people.
    personally I donīt care about trophys and achivements, it adds nothing to my gaming. I donīt care for rumble in joypads, it is just annoying and how some seems to think it gives them more "feel" in a game by an vibrating joypad is beyond me. Force feedback in steering wheels, that actually gives you a more realistic feeling thou.
    I always thought a hdd was a good idea and thatīs why I got an xbox elite at launch and a ps3 60gb. The Elite is long gone and so is the 60gb hdd in my ps3. I now have 250gb xbox and a 320gb ps3. I like them both but I have no time to play all the games... I just recently finished Rage(picked it up again after a long time unfinished), got Hitman, AC3, Need for speed and Re6. There is not enough hours in a day !!
    How do you guys manage to have time for all the gaming ?

Forum Elder
    Agree with everything u just said jvh.

I understood the first year with all the comparisons, but they r way past old now. Save them for the next gen. Just play what u like. They r both good consoles.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    I'd never use it, I don't even use a mic in games that support them.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    Lol, yeah, just like when the 360 baised said that a hard drive in a console was not necessary... Now itīs suddenly awsome.
    Awww....did my comment hurt your feelings that much? Feel better now? lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 11-28-2012 at 05:16.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    Awesome doe not equal necessary.

And the 12gb PS3 says hello.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Awww....did my comment hurt your feelings that much? Feel better now? lol
    I copied your way of posting to show that it is always two sides and that this kind of argument is pointless.... If that translates to hurt feelings for you, then I do apologize for hurting your feelings. It was not my intention to do so.
    Both consoles have pro and cons, people choose the one they like best or buy them all if they can afford and canīt decide.

@mynd: yup, as I explaind in my other post.
    Last edited by JVH; 11-28-2012 at 16:01.

Thread Information