Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Forum Elder

the PS3, well it looks good anyways..

1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay £40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Cause you don't have to swap discs like I did on my PlayStation 15 years ago.
    Cause online play is free.
    Cause it gets more than 2 exclusives a year.

Good enough for me!

Finally You Are Free
    The Xbox 360 will chew up your discs. You can't explain that.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    The Xbox 360 will chew up your discs. You can't explain that.
    And eat your babies!

I've never had anyone chew on any of my discs...sighs.....not for some time.......

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    1. Built-in rechargeable batteries.

2. Bluetooth

3. Blu-Ray

4. 3D movies

5. PS Home (yes, many like it)

6. Ability to put any size hdd in your console.

7. Better exclusives

8. Free online

9. Paid service actually gives you something. Over 20 free retail games so far. Not counting the psn games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post

2. Bluetooth

3. Blu-Ray

4. 3D movies

7. Better exclusives

8. Free online

9. Paid service actually gives you something. Over 20 free retail games so far. Not counting the psn games.

That's Technically a bad thing as once the Battery Dies you have to replace the Controller :P

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    That's Technically a bad thing as once the Battery Dies you have to replace the Controller :P
    That takes many years for the batteries to go bad. I would rather replace the controller once every 5 years than one every couple days on the Xbox. Not to mention the rechargeable battery pack on the 360 sucks ass! That thing lasts maybe a year. And if I am not replacing the damn battery pack, I am replacing the usb cord to charge it.

Many people knocked Nintendo for being cheap with the Wii. Look at the damn 360 lol. Old dvd drive, batteries, and infrared.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    1/ no X-game chat, really... this is 2012 for fooks sake.
    2/ downloads that bring new meaning to "snails pace".
    3/ installs that take an age only to be told when finished that there is an update. WHAT!!!
    4/ useless bleedin joypad triggers that are not erm... triggers at all.
    5/ joypad charge lead that is to damn short to use while wanting to play and charge. some of us sit more than 6ft from the TV ffs.
    6/ useless non auto synchronising Trophies.
    7/ a Move controller that more than a year later has yet to see a AAA game worthy of being called AAA.
    8/ far to many exclusives that would struggle to get a mention if not for having the Sony name on the box.
    9/ having to pay £40 a year to get auto updates to games/dashboard. this $#@! should be free.
    10/ the tick box says comes with internet browser.... don't make me laugh.

and the PS3 is good because?
    1. yep
    2. yep
    3. yep
    4. yep
    5. I have 12ft usb cords for charging and playing.
    6. yep
    7. yep
    8. yep
    9. hmmm.... I'm ok with this one because of all the other material I've utilizing for the money.
    10. LMFAO

I have controllers that have been used so much over the past four years and haven't had a single battery issue at all. No problem there.
    That takes many years for the batteries to go bad. I would rather replace the controller once every 5 years than one every couple days on the Xbox. Not to mention the rechargeable battery pack on the 360 sucks ass! That thing lasts maybe a year. And if I am not replacing the damn battery pack, I am replacing the usb cord to charge it.

Many people knocked Nintendo for being cheap with the Wii. Look at the damn 360 lol. Old dvd drive, batteries, and infrared.
    Same with the 360 recharge batteries... I've had them over four years and haven't had to replace a single one. Play -n- Charge cable x2, over four years old as well. Maybe things stop working when they are used improperly.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Same with the 360 recharge batteries... I've had them over four years and haven't had to replace a single one. Play -n- Charge cable x2, over four years old as well. Maybe things stop working when they are used improperly.
    Ya, I guess I do not know how to plug the controller in properly.......

I go through a battery pack every year. They suck ass.

Forum Overseer

Actually that's not true. The battery can easily be taken off and you can buy new ones from the internet. Takes literally 2 minutes to do it. But for newbs, it's easier to just replace regular batteries so yea, it's not good for mainstream. But I've had my controller for years and it's never had battery issues.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Actually that's not true. The battery can easily be taken off and you can buy new ones from the internet. Takes literally 2 minutes to do it. But for newbs, it's easier to just replace regular batteries so yea, it's not good for mainstream. But I've had my controller for years and it's never had battery issues.
    This. I could buy a new controller for about €30 or I could buy a new battery from amazon that has 3 times the charge capacity of the old one for €10. I will be doing this soon, as after 3 years of heavy usage, my batteries are losing their legs.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

2. Bluetooth

3. Blu-Ray

4. 3D movies

7. Better exclusives

8. Free online

And no power brick,. Its nothing big but its 2012 and xbox has had million SKUs yet its still there.

Anyway, what's the point of this thread? Like the OP said "this is 2012" lets end the little jabs we take at other consoles
    Last edited by Itachi; 07-13-2012 at 00:24.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    But I concur with Jaeger that it isn't an essential feature.
    This really is something Sony should have implemented right now. Is it essential? Absolutely not
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Like I've stated before, XGC is more of a side-feature as opposed to something that is essential.
    That is an entirely different thread then. I didn't see anything in this thread stating that ESSENTIAL only features need to be discussed. If that is the case, we only needed the Xbox and PS3 to have power supply, NIC card, DVD drive, component in, and fan, no xmb or dashboard, and just put a game in the drive and turn it on. That is what is ESSENTIAL. Everything after that is non-essential to game.

I don't see any benefit of discounting either argument using "essential" to down play it. What might be or not be essential to you, might be essential to others.

I hopped back into PS+ about a week ago. I've already downloaded well over $100 of games for $0. There's nothing to complain about here.
    So you got PSN+ free, and you get to keep the games forever?

I don't know if you misinterpreted what I said, but I'm all for PS3 exclusives. Why wouldn't I want games that wipe the floor with Xbox 360 games? You'll never see Uncharted, inFamous or The Last Of Us on Xbox 360, whereas there's a vast supply of multiplatform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Halo or Gears Of War.
    The same reason others want the 360 with games that wipe the floor with PS3 games (in others opinions that is). You'll never see Gears of War, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Shadow Complex, Minecraft, etc on PS3, where as a vast supply of multi platform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Resistance and Killzone (in their opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    And if that wasn't a reach, then surely complaining about "too many exclusives" is laughable. If anyone seriously thinks that, then they're just plain _dumb_.
    Again, anyone complaining about this is just plain _dumb_. (I'm beginning to sense a pattern about the post/thread/poster and whoever may agree)

Let's keep personal attacks out of here.

The only real possible valid "points" are XGC and lack of Move support (the same can really said about the overhyped Kinect).
    It's my understanding that Kinect is OVER supported, not a lack of support.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    The same reason others want the 360 with games that wipe the floor with PS3 games (in others opinions that is). You'll never see Gears of War, Halo, Alan Wake, Forza, Shadow Complex, Minecraft, etc on PS3, where as a vast supply of multi platform generic shooters that are better than the likes of Resistance and Killzone (in their opinion).
    You completely missed the point. I'm not saying that Xbox 360 has some decent exclusives, I was arguing the fact that OP said PS3 has too many exclusives. How can a console have 'too many' exclusives? It's these exclusives that drive sales of a console, for Christ sake. How do you expect Sony to sell units without Uncharted, Killzone, etc? You can't, much like how Microsoft can't shift units without Halo, Gears of War, etc.

Also, for the record, I'd hardly classify Minecraft 'exclusive' to Xbox 360. It was always intended to be played on a PC and will always be supported more on PC than any console. Having played Minecraft on Xbox 360, I can tell you that the console version is vastly inferior to it's PC counterpart.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    You completely missed the point. I'm not saying that Xbox 360 has some decent exclusives, I was arguing the fact that OP said PS3 has too many exclusives. How can a console have 'too many' exclusives? It's these exclusives that drive sales of a console, for Christ sake. How do you expect Sony to sell units without Uncharted, Killzone, etc? You can't, much like how Microsoft can't shift units without Halo, Gears of War, etc.

Also, for the record, I'd hardly classify Minecraft 'exclusive' to Xbox 360. It was always intended to be played on a PC and will always be supported more on PC than any console. Having played Minecraft on Xbox 360, I can tell you that the console version is vastly inferior to it's PC counterpart.
    You do know Minecraft on Xbox is getting updates?
    Minecraft on Xbox is vastly vastly superior than the PC verison in one very fun area...mulitplayer, both online and splitscreen.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I've heard that too. Thing is, I'm still on my launch controller from my phat PS3 and that has had some mega fooking hammer and still holds a consistent charge for hours

The L3 is about shagged though from COD and suffers with a bit of creep. Hell, it's had a hammering over 6 years or whatever so I can't complain!

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I've heard that too. Thing is, I'm still on my launch controller from my phat PS3 and that has had some mega fooking hammer and still holds a consistent charge for hours

The L3 is about shagged though from COD and suffers with a bit of creep. Hell, it's had a hammering over 6 years or whatever so I can't complain!
    haha im only like my 4th set of Controllers as I have a bad Habit of twisting them in frustration at times.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    haha im only like my 4th set of Controllers as I have a bad Habit of twisting them in frustration at times.
    LOL, the fact that you can actually do that with a controller is not good...my kids would destroy them in seconds....

Superior Member
    Lol I had all my launch PS3 controllers since launh until the last 2 months. Im a heavy NBA fan and heavy NBA2K player, but it's been pissing me off lately. I went from having 6 controllers to one in 2 months lol... :'(
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Elite Member
    Items AppleMetallicaCoD: World at War
    i have both, i like both. so i guess i win.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Skinnyjr
    Wow they got rid of the others sections and now X360 fans are mad....
    Nvm, found the other section...
    lol
    Last edited by skinny_jr; 07-12-2012 at 00:51.

Finally You Are Free
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny_jr View Post
    Wow they got rid of the others sections and now X360 fans are mad....
    Nvm, found the other section...
    lol

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Looking at these ps3 vs xbox 360 threads is hilarious because it shows people true feeling. Some of these people i would thought to be on the other side.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I have a USB extension lead I use for my controller charger cable. Doubles the length it's very handy.

Also picked up some triggers so they actually feel like decent triggers.

The rest of the problems, yep all present. Free online is great but I wish we had XGC!

Still love my ps3 though

Via Tapatalk

Thread Information