Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)

    Help my understanding please

    So I'm looking to possibly pickup a vita the moment ps1 classics become available for it. This is a move I plan to make because I'm highly nostalgic for the golden age of rpgs from that era and have longed to have a proper handheld I to play them all on. I say proper because I don't like using emus/roms as I've had too many rom'd rpgs die on me due to poor transcoding when I'm 30+ hours in.

    But I do have a couple questions regarding the vita, and it's about the 2 card slots it has. The game card and save card slots.

    1st- If I were to download ff9 to memory stick, does that memory stick become the game card? Or is it still considered a save card for saving games because it's not a retail printed game card?

    2nd- Am I right to assume the vita is smart enough to see more than one game on a single card? So if I were to purchase a 32gb memory card and toss 5-6 rpgs on it, I'll be able to clearly see/run each one? I'd assume so but just want to be sure.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The memory sticks for saving games,downloading games,music and all that and yes it'll run all of those games well.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  3. #3
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,748
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    67,230 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You know the PSP plays all PS1 classics, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

  4. #4
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    You know the PSP plays all PS1 classics, right?
    Yes I do and I did consider getting the psp go, but at this point I'd rather be in sync with current technology than trailing behind it. There are games for this thing yet to come that I'm sure I'll play. The release dates on some of the ps1 classics have been over the course of years though and it's only recently that I've been able to 'check off' alot of the ones I want to play from my list when I scan the psn library. Few years back I'd have to emulate alot of the titles I want.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzKurozz View Post
    The memory sticks for saving games,downloading games,music and all that and yes it'll run all of those games well.
    So once again I ask, if I download a game to memory stick does it play from the game slot or the save slot?
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 07-12-2012 at 15:37. Reason: dp

  5. #5
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    SBut I do have a couple questions regarding the vita, and it's about the 2 card slots it has. The game card and save card slots.

    1st- If I were to download ff9 to memory stick, does that memory stick become the game card? Or is it still considered a save card for saving games because it's not a retail printed game card?



    2nd- Am I right to assume the vita is smart enough to see more than one game on a single card? So if I were to purchase a 32gb memory card and toss 5-6 rpgs on it, I'll be able to clearly see/run each one? I'd assume so but just want to be sure.

    Thanks.
    The Vita game card slot is for games you buy in stores, thats on the top of the system. On the side of the Vita is a proprietary memory card slot - a type of memory card Sony makes and you can ONLY use on the Vita. If you wanted to play the PS1 games, get a large (32GB) Vita Memory Card and you would then buy the RPGs from the PlayStation Network and download them to that card.
    Although you can't play PS1 games on it yet I assume the games will appear like all the Vita and PSP games, on the Vita's OS. Which is in a bubble it looks like each game is their own app. You can have as many games stored and game saves as the memory card will hold. So yeah have no fear you will be able to swap between them no worries, as well as have a Vita game card in there too

  6. Likes shepard likes this post
  7. #6
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,101
    Rep Power
    100
    Points
    517,836 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Vincent beat me to it what he said.

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  8. #7
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Thanks vince!

    Helps alot, because I now have to take into account reserving space on the card for saved game files too.

  9. #8
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Thanks vince!

    Helps alot, because I now have to take into account reserving space on the card for saved game files too.
    Not a worry

    Yeah myself I only bought a 4GB card, because I plan on buying all my games retail and just the odd PSN game like Stardust - I doubt if ill even get any more I'm not into PSN games as much these days but ANYWAY...

    Don't forget that whatever you buy is linked to your account, so even if you do end up downloading heaps more games than you can store, if you have finished them you can delete them and re download etc - or even keep them on your PS3 HDD and transfer over to the Vita when you want to play them.

    I have FFVIII (which I've never played) sitting on my PS3, and as soon as this update goes live I'm gonna play the hell out of it on the Vita because its just easier to play RPGs on the go

    wouldn't worry too much about save games they are tiny anyway, especially for PS1 games

  10. #9
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I have FFVIII (which I've never played) sitting on my PS3, and as soon as this update goes live I'm gonna play the hell out of it on the Vita because its just easier to play RPGs on the go
    Yea I agree. I've also downloaded a couple to my ps3 that I wanted to play again but brand new HDTVs make some of these old titles look horrific. So having them portable and on a smaller screen to not make their dated graphics look any worse then they may already be perceived as is a good thing imo.

  11. #10
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Yea I agree. I've also downloaded a couple to my ps3 that I wanted to play again but brand new HDTVs make some of these old titles look horrific. So having them portable and on a smaller screen to not make their dated graphics look any worse then they may already be perceived as is a good thing imo.
    Yep. Plus sometimes its a LONG way between save points, and when you lead a busy life its just so handy to put it on standby and take it with you XD

  12. #11
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Yep. Plus sometimes its a LONG way between save points, and when you lead a busy life its just so handy to put it on standby and take it with you XD
    No joke. I remember trying to squeeze in 20mins of gameplay on xenogears before catching a bus to school only to find out I stumbled into 45mins of text based dialogue

    Has there been any clue yet on when this ps1 classics patch hits? I've read it's supposedly patch 1.8 and I saw the press conf that said release was "sometime in summer"....but that was all I heard on the subject. Anything new surface since?

  13. #12
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Nothing since then, it will more likely than not be in the next firmware update, either way I'm glad it's coming, expect to hear about it soon. Keep yours eyes on the forum I'm sure someone will post it very quickly lol


    Via Tapatalk

  14. #13
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Had another question.

    If I wanted to go pure digital on my vita assuming I get one. Are all vita retail titles downloadable also? some? none?

    Trying to justify taking up shelf space with more game cases and carrying around more game carts.

  15. #14
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,100
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,707 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Here are the ones available via the US store. (took a few mins to type all while looking at the store lol.)

    Army Corps of Hell
    Asphalt: Injection
    Ben 10 Galactic Racing
    BlazeBlue: Continuum Shift EXTENDED PS Vita
    Dungeon Hunter Alliance PS Vita
    DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT
    EA Sports FIFA Soccer
    Escape Plan
    F1 2011 PS Vita
    Gravity Rush
    Hustle Kings PS Vita
    LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes PS Vita
    LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 PS Vita
    Little Deviants
    Lumines Electronic Symphony
    METAL GEAR SOLID: HD COLLECTION
    Michael Jackson The Experience PS Vita
    MLB 12 The Show PS Vita
    ModNation Racers: Road Trip
    Mortal Kombat PS Vita
    Motorstorm RC PS Vita
    NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA PLUS
    Pinball Arcade PS Vita
    Plants vs Zombies PS Vita
    Playstaton Vita Cliff Diving
    Playstation Vita Fireworks
    Playstation Vita Table Soccer
    Pulzar
    Rayman Origins PS Vita
    Reality Fighters
    Resistance: Burning Skies
    RIDGE RACER PS Vita
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
    StarDrone Extreme
    Sumioni: Demon Arts
    Supremacy MMA Unrestricted
    Super Stardust Delta
    Table Top Tanks
    Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    Touch My Katamari
    Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
    ULTIMATE MARVEL VS. CAPCOM
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Unit 13
    Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
    WipEout 2048
    Last edited by DarkVincent07; 07-21-2012 at 02:47. Reason: Uncharged: Golden Abyss. lololol




  16. #15
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yep, as F34R's post demonstrates, pretty much every game that comes out as a retail product is on the PlayStation Store. Some are PSN exclusives, much like PS3's PSN games.

    Though, if you do want to go digital only, you will probably spend MORE money as you have to take into account memory card size vs download size. And most of the time (in my experience) stores and online retailers offer the games on sales and specials that are MUCH cheaper than the price on PSN. Even for new release games you only save like $5, so imo, its worth it to get physical.

  17. Likes F34R likes this post
  18. #16
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,100
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,707 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ROFL!! Just realized you edited it for the typo!! lmfao. Made these forums so genuine for me lol.




  19. #17
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Though, if you do want to go digital only, you will probably spend MORE money as you have to take into account memory card size vs download size. And most of the time (in my experience) stores and online retailers offer the games on sales and specials that are MUCH cheaper than the price on PSN. Even for new release games you only save like $5, so imo, its worth it to get physical.
    Yea I see your point. Thx guys

  20. #18
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,100
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,707 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hopefully the PS+ extends further for PS Vita users. That will support some more digital download savings. I bought Virtua Tennis 4 on the Vita and paid $19.59 compared to buying the cart from various retailers. (http://www.amazon.com/Virtua-Tennis-...nnis+4+ps+vita for an example)

    So, give it a little more time to see how it all folds out.




  21. #19
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,995
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    39,758 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah prices online really need to get a check.

    I think only really STeam has this locked in - Origin, Live, PSN etc still price too highly (for the most part) for games.

    #IndieStation4 and proud of it.

  22. Likes F34R likes this post
  23. #20
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,100
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,707 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah prices online really need to get a check.

    I think only really STeam has this locked in - Origin, Live, PSN etc still price too highly (for the most part) for games.
    Couldn't agree more.




  24. #21
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,306
    Rep Power
    107
    Points
    47,752 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Plus you can re sell and lend friends the cheaper, physical copies. In my eyes there are no advantages to digital only


    Via Tapatalk

  25. #22
    PSU Live Streamer
    shepard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,283
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    22,647 (0 Banked)
    I came back to extend an extra THANKS! to Fear for typing out all those games

  26. #23
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,100
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    144,707 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I came back to extend an extra THANKS! to Fear for typing out all those games
    You're welcome. It took me a while to correct as much spelling as I could find (a lot of them). lol. I still missed one too...




  27. #24
    Apprentice
    Smokin Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Age
    44
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    47
    Points
    2,597 (0 Banked)
    All the PS1 classics I have on my PS3 are playable thru remote play!

    Sent from my R800x

    Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.