Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which online service do you prefer?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox Live

17 41.46%
  • Playstation Network

23 56.10%
  • Nintendo Network

1 2.44%
  • I don't play online

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    The games work fine offline as long as its on the account with plus.
    So the account expiration must be stored offline someplace?

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    So the account expiration must be stored offline someplace?
    Yeah seems to be, could be part of the file itself because the file has an expiration date my guess the date changes if you extend your sub and this somehow changes the games date.

It could be the game access the system sub list which is stored on your ps3 and thats how it works out when the game expires

Thank you itachi

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    uberman6352
    I chose PSN mostly because it is free...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Don't really play online, if PSN went down tomorrow for a month like last year I wouldn't be that bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    First, I have no problem smacking the hell out of an injured man!

Second, I am on track. I never left the track. I live on the track!!!!!!

Ha! I'm not injured any more... so bring it on!! (just hit the left side, not the right lmfao!).

6. Likes RaY_210 , Lethal wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ha! I'm not injured any more... so bring it on!! (just hit the left side, not the right lmfao!).
    Glad to hear this ole' chap.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

8. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I game on both and love my PS3 but for online I have to go with the Xbox 360.. it's a simple choice really. Not just the party chat but every little thing.. much more seamless on the 360. Makes gaming with friends so much better.

If only Sony had the foresight in terms of memory/OS XBL and PSN would have been on par by now. But they've learned from their mistakes and the PS4 online system will be fantastic.
    Last edited by Firefox; 07-13-2012 at 05:35.

10. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I've payed for both PS+ and XBL Gold.. at the moment I'm subscribed to NEITHER because I don't play online very often or play many PSN/XBL games.

For me, I prefer PSN. Why? I have more friends that I want to play with that use it, even though I have MORE friends, real life friends, I know using xbox. The store is just better and easier to navigate.. as is the whole OS in general. Also PSN is FREE. As I said I'm not the biggest online guy, but when I wanna jump into starhawk or cod quickly I can without paying an extra fee which imo is a rip off because I don't want to make use of other features.

Yes PSN has its problems, mainly XGC... not even so much the XG part but to just have a nice STABLE chat system that will work when I'm planning to get into a game with a friend if hes browsing the store or watching a movie... would be great. PS4 it is lol

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

12. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Power Member
    I choose....2012. Where both have their advantages and disadvantages. Where both cater for all gamers.
    Feel like I've jumped in my time machine and gone back to 2007.

14. Likes John25 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    PSN in general sucks major balls. Its so barren and bare and boring. Ok plus gives you free games, but ive always found psn just so "empty"

as for XBL, its so vibrant and alive and plus all my RL friends are it, is a bonus for me

I love owning both, but i NEVER play online on my ps3, even when before my mates sold theirs, we just did get the same enjoyment outta playing on psn over xbl

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

16. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    But I sure as hell hate spending $50+ a year on XBL Gold just to get things that the PS3 gives you without the added price.
    For the record, I have never paid more than $38 for an annual Xbox Live subscription. I would like to also mention, Gold gives us more than what PSN gives us.

The OP was brilliant.
    Thank you kind sir

But what if i want to watch netflix? Oh ho i got to be a gold member? :/ what above lovefilm! Oh sorry gold members only! *turns ps3 on and accesses instantly
    That's cool. But lets look at "games". Does PSN or PSN+ give you access to mandatory demos for every single PSN game released? I know that Xbox Live fees help cover the costs for demos on Xbox Live. Xbox Live has mandatory demos for every one of the 600 Xbox Live Arcade games, and mandatory demos for the 2500 Xbox Live Indie games. On PSN, developers have to pay for the demo hosting and bandwidth. On Xbox, Microsoft makes the demos mandatory to developers, but the developers are not having to pay for the hosting and bandwidth. So while Gold members are paying for this (which developers really should), the fact that there is nearly 3500 game demos to download and play on Silver and Gold makes up for us having to pay the fee. Sony is not mandating demos, and is not footing the bill for them on PSN, so we see substantially less of them.

So while it does suck that we need gold to play Netflix or Hulu, I got over that with the game related features that XBL offers me. Plus, if I didn't have Xbox Live Gold, I would just play Netflix on my PS3, free over PSN Another bonus of owning and enjoying both consoles!

What are you talking about? PSN does get many demos the same time as gold users and sometimes sooner. I can name The Walking Dead right off the top of my head.

And PS users do not need to pay for PS+ to use apps like Netflix, Hulu, MLB, NHL, NFL channels, etc. Microsoft forces you to pay for Gold to use these services. I do not understand how you can try to argue this? This is one you will not win.
    Ummmm, not always. As I already said once or twice, the PSN does get demos before Xbox silver and gold. You are not stating facts at all there.
    And yes, Microsoft has changed their Gold price twice already. And they sure as hell did not lower the price lol.
    There was one price increase, retail. Xbox Live was originally released at $49.99, but was raised to $59.99 2 years ago. No other increases or decreases. I don't know anyone that pays the full price though. Microsoft has had $39 deals on the dashboard this year, and I generally buy year subs via buy.com, newegg.com and amazon.com for $38 or less.

As for PSN demos, they don't have nearly as many as Xbox does though. The demos we get on PSN pale in comparison.

Yeah seems to be, could be part of the file itself because the file has an expiration date my guess the date changes if you extend your sub and this somehow changes the games date. It could be the game access the system sub list which is stored on your ps3 and thats how it works out when the game expires
    So it sounds like I could get the lowest possible subscription to PSN+, download all the free games they have, and change the date of my console while offline, and keep the games forever.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 07-13-2012 at 13:34.

18. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    The only games I play online are CoD titles (at the moment), which I play solely on XBL. Simply put, the online experience is better, yes I hate paying for it, but paying increases one thing, quality. It is a great way for me to keep in touch with friends and family via the simple chat feature. I lost count at how many times I turned on my 360 just to chat with someone, or several simultaneously. Paying to play perhaps 20 times a year with a group of friends isn't valid for me presently with life and work, so when my subscription runs out this September I am not renewing it.

Now if only the 360 could have more awesome titles.....

8 years and counting!

20. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    PSN in general sucks major balls. Its so barren and bare and boring. Ok plus gives you free games, but ive always found psn just so "empty" as for XBL, its so vibrant and alive and plus all my RL friends are it, is a bonus for me I love owning both, but i NEVER play online on my ps3, even when before my mates sold theirs, we just did get the same enjoyment outta playing on psn over xbl
    I agree. PSN does feel very barren in comparison to XBL. I do enjoy the PS+ discounts and free games though.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Sony doesn't have the features to charge for... plain and simple.
    playing extra games you dont own at no extra cost? plus discounts on other stuff? sounds like a pretty good feature to me.

Microsoft doesn't have the features, but charges for it anyway.

Though I will admit that I have payed only $3 for my last 3 months of Gold (never paying full price ever again).

When Playstation gets party chat it'll be no contest. That is sorely missing though. Such a great feature (still not something that should be charged for).
    Last edited by Shibby; 07-13-2012 at 18:42.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    playing extra games you dont own at no extra cost? plus discounts on other stuff? sounds like a pretty good feature to me. Microsoft doesn't have the features, but charges for it anyway. Though I will admit that I have payed only $3 for my last 3 months of Gold (never paying full price ever again). When Playstation gets party chat it'll be no contest. That is sorely missing though. Such a great feature (still not something that should be charged for).
    Yep I only paid $2 for my last 2 months of Live.

Soldier 95B
    I pay $3.17 per month or less for Xbox Live year round. The big sales they offer on digital games for Gold Members more than offsets that fee. Generally one sale nearly pays for my entire Xbox Live fee.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I pay $3.17 per month or less for Xbox Live year round. The big sales they offer on digital games for Gold Members more than offsets that fee. Generally one sale nearly pays for my entire Xbox Live fee.
    Yeah theres so many ways to get discounted Live.

PS Unchained
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah theres so many ways to get discounted Live.
    Problem is most live subscribers dont know how to, hell i dont know how too, if i hadnt got a year free on my xbox from a mate, id of ended up paying full retail price.

Thank you itachi

Forum Elder
    if your an online gamer, then Gold is the only choice. if you like netfilx etc, then a PC.

can't think of any reason to want PSN over PC/360 Gold.

Forum Elder
    Problem is most live subscribers dont know how to, hell i dont know how too, if i hadnt got a year free on my xbox from a mate, id of ended up paying full retail price.
    i'm always surprised at the amount of people who don't know that LIVE can be had for less, especially the people who use internet forums..

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    if your an online gamer, then Gold is the only choice. if you like netfilx etc, then a PC.

can't think of any reason to want PSN over PC/360 Gold.
    If youre a single player gamer who likes to dabble in online now and then, then PSN is ideal. Especially if you have PS+ with all the free games.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

30. Likes RaY_210 wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    That is there problem, not ours. Just like most people don't know that PSN+ exists, but have the option to enroll.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If youre a single player gamer who likes to dabble in online now and then, then PSN is ideal. Especially if you have PS+ with all the free games.
    Meh... it's still a rental lol. Also, it doesn't have games all the time that you're going to like, etc. It is only good if it has the content you want.
    That is there problem, not ours. Just like most people don't know that PSN+ exists, but have the option to enroll.
    There isn't a PSN+, ffs!! lol C'mon! It's Playstation Plus, abbreviated as PS+ here. Get it right.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    i'm always surprised at the amount of people who don't know that LIVE can be had for less, especially the people who use internet forums..
    yep.. i average paying about 30 a year.. maybe. Sometimes a lot less

Soldier 95B
    Meh... it's still a rental lol. Also, it doesn't have games all the time that you're going to like, etc. It is only good if it has the content you want.

There isn't a PSN+, ffs!! lol C'mon! It's Playstation Plus, abbreviated as PS+ here. Get it right.
    Maybe it's SEN+?

35. Likes F34R wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information