Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Again, you need to go back and read why people are posting their criticisms. You're continually undermining people for having an opposing opinion, regardless of the situation. How about the time you went into the PC section and told people in the Dark Souls thread to settle with a direct and somewhat buggy port of Dark Souls? Just deal with it? Thanks.

Not to mention that you never answered my question on whether or not you even play Final Fantasy games. And even if you were right, you express it by laughing at other individuals and calling them pathetic. Your response to Versus was definitely uncalled for.
    Really now? And his response with the thousands of swear words unleashed at me was any better? Have you seen him in the Playstation All Stars thread? And how he stirred up a hornets nest there too? It's not always me my friend.

Plus, I do play FF games. Not every title but the great ones (VII, X, X-2, XII, hopefully XIV once it is sorted out and at some point Versus XIII). So I do have a fair bit of understanding. Don't tell me I have to go back to FF 1 to participate in this discussion.

Also, don't continuously bring up the example of me calling people pathetic. I intentionally didn't drop any names and left it as a general comment. My last post didn't contain any such language so it might be a better idea to move on. I apologize if people feel hurt because of what I have to say but I simply refuse to not speak my mind freely.

EDIT: Look at the guy above me, Blacksite. This is exactly what I mean. Nothing but unsubstantiated bull$#@!.
    Last edited by Wrath; 07-14-2012 at 19:37.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've already explained why I dislike Square Enix for the comment they made on the first page. I would think that would be reason enough for you not to not defend yet another developer/publisher because you think it's unsubstantiated.

And like I said, I'll give Final Fantasy Versus XIII a chance so it's not like I'm saying they should go out of business.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-14-2012 at 19:46.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Master Guru
    I've already explained why I dislike Square Enix for the comment they made on the first page. I would think that would be reason enough for you not to not defend yet another developer/publisher because you think people just love to hate.
    And did I ever single you out? My post was aimed at the general vibe that surrounds every thread with Square in the title. Haven't you noticed?

I know before I enter that the general perception of people is negative, no matter the subject matter. And that's just stupid.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    And did I ever single you out? My post was aimed at the general vibe that surrounds every thread with Square in the title. Haven't you noticed?

I know before I enter that the general perception of people is negative, no matter the subject matter. And that's just stupid.
    That's the problem. You're making blanket statements. Versus called you out on your ignorance because you thought people only really cared for a Final Fantasy VII remake. You only think it's stupid because you're not taking the time to read what other people have to say.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-14-2012 at 20:26.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

5. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    meh, whatevaaaaaah!. compared to PS2 and PS1, this gen of consoles kind of sucked in my opinion. yea there are some good games but I am looking at the all around picture and this gen blows in terms of consistency.

Veteran
    And to think, some people have the audacity to think the development of Versus has been too long! They kind of have a point if the Luminous tech demo was running on a GTX680, means they can't develop to full potential supporting two aging consoles over the next couple of years.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Master Guru
    That's the problem. You're making blanket statements. Versus called you out on your ignorance because you thought people only really cared for a Final Fantasy VII remake. You only think it's stupid because you're not taking the time to read what other people have to say.
    Whatever, man. This is quite the bull$#@! anyways. I got an infraction for a general statement whereas Versus with his direct insults walked away with nothing.

I hope you're happy!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Everyone's intitled to their own opinion I don't mind I do think this gen been a bit too long but we can squeeze a bit more years into it.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    meh, whatevaaaaaah!. compared to PS2 and PS1, this gen of consoles kind of sucked in my opinion. yea there are some good games but I am looking at the all around picture and this gen blows in terms of consistency.
    I think we saw a lot of innovation this generation, but I don't think the industry knew what to do with it considering the sudden financial risk this gen has become. We had motion controls single-handedly create the casual market, Kinect, online gaming becoming a powerhouse market, gaming becoming truly cinematic in certain ways (some being entirely cinematic like Heavy Rain/Beyond/Alan Wake) and more. I hope we see these aspects ushered in by this gen cultivate into something truly great next gen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Superior Member
    I tend to agree. They have generally lasted approximately 5-6 years for as long as I can remember. We'll be going into the 8th year without a new console being announced.

I think it's time.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Overseer
    So SE now do stand-up. Like.

13. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Veteran
    When this generation started, at the time, hardware fabrication techniques were all in flux and unknown, turning out to have many yield problems leading to very high investment costs. Neither Sony or MS is ready to dump this generation for next generation hardware yet, for at least a couple more years. By then, the investment cost will have approached zero. Then, they can go ahead with the next generation and try to make some money. Square-Enix maybe trying to be funny considering all the time it took to convert to their Crystal engine, just barely making it before this gen is almost over.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    I think both Sony and Microsoft will have their next consoles out by the end of next year(at least in 1 region). You just get that vibes with how this E3 was and all of the rumors going around that the current gen is winding down.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much more in the way of big game announcements and perhaps even some games (like Agent) end up being launch window games for next gen.

Regardless, it should be a really good last year(if it is) and I think it will satisfy most that have been still looking for something out of this gen. We are getting some very good games next year with a nice mixtures of genres and perhaps a new PS3 model with a price drop.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio View Post
    I think we saw a lot of innovation this generation, but I don't think the industry knew what to do with it considering the sudden financial risk this gen has become. We had motion controls single-handedly create the casual market, Kinect, online gaming becoming a powerhouse market, gaming becoming truly cinematic in certain ways (some being entirely cinematic like Heavy Rain/Beyond/Alan Wake) and more. I hope we see these aspects ushered in by this gen cultivate into something truly great next gen.
    Agreed.
    This generation has been so good. I think people give more credit to old console for the nostalgia factor, but I can guarantee you that 10-15 years from now you'll be reminiscing over the adventures of Nathan Drake, remembering the tale of John Marston and miss exploring worlds like Skyrim and Rapture.

Mark these words
    Last edited by Itachi; 07-16-2012 at 06:04.

Superior Member
    I'll take they can't compete for $100 Alex....

Square does not have the qualifications to make such a comment. Any one who says they do are living in the past right along with them. Fact is if Square were a new developer that came along this gen, no one would take them seriously based off what they've given us.

Just like the ugly chick is the first one to call another ugly. Square don't have the skills to say anything about anyone.

I'm sure everyone has already had their 'Final Fantasy' about Square being what they used to be. They live in the past were they were once great; but living in the past does almost nothing for your future. Why they want to move on is something that also puzzles me because yes their past is great but moving on to the next generation means that the current generation will be added to their past. This current generation will greatly dilute their past. Unfortunately no matter how great your past is the only thing that matters is your recent work. But I guess it's fitting that they live in a fantasy world were everything will be A-okay in the next generation. -_-

18. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TrUe GaMeR View Post
    I'll take they can't compete for $100 Alex....

Square does not have the qualifications to make such a comment. Any one who says they do are living in the past right along with them. Fact is if Square were a new developer that came along this gen, no one would take them seriously based off what they've given us.

Just like the ugly chick is the first one to call another ugly. Square don't have the skills to say anything about anyone.

I'm sure everyone has already had their 'Final Fantasy' about Square being what they used to be. They live in the past were they were once great; but living in the past does almost nothing for your future. Why they want to move on is something that also puzzles me because yes their past is great but moving on to the next generation means that the current generation will be added to their past. This current generation will greatly dilute their past. Unfortunately no matter how great your past is the only thing that matters is your recent work. But I guess it's fitting that they live in a fantasy world were everything will be A-okay in the next generation. -_-
    Square has already left a mark on the gaming world and nothing will change it or "dilute it". So far their new luminous engine is by far the most advanced and impressive out there and no matter what the complaints these "long term fans" have, their current gen games have received very decent critical scores. SE has every right to voice their opinion and people should stop acting like they SE doesn't know what they are talking about. The current gen doesn't only include console you know and this gen SE has wiped the floor with every other RPG company on the handhelds

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    That's debatable, especially when Persona 3 Portable is up there as the best JRPG on the PSP on metacritic. I have enjoyed their handheld titles though.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    We only saw the PS3's true power beginning to be tapped into a couple years ago.

So i have to say SE is wrong here but i still love them for the masterpiece that was Final Fantasy XIII.

Thread Information