Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 7
    overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by x6Teen View Post
    the bold is really what makes me not post as much as i want to tbh. i know that i don't post a lot but now i have so much time on my hand and actually can visit here regularly and save people's photo's to my harddrive.
    fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Elite Guru
    Biggest issue for me. The place stopped feeling like what I'll describe as a 'fan-site' a long time ago and started feeling like a business. I get that it is and the aim is to bring in revenue for the owner(s) but there's too much bureaucracy/red tape around fixing and/or improving things.

The people ('employees') who are here, don't appear to have the 'power' whilst the people who do have the power, don't appear to be here. Forum navigation is a prime example, it's part of vBulletin. It should be easy to fix. It's taking weeks. It's irritating people, that hurts 'business'. I get the feeling if this site was someone's hobby, they'd be all over it.

I'm still here but my posting has gone down significantly, it's getting more difficult to use the site so I tend to go back to lurk mode; read a few threads then move on.

3. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by *goo View Post
    Biggest issue for me. The place stopped feeling like what I'll describe as a 'fan-site' a long time ago and started feeling like a business. I get that it is and the aim is to bring in revenue for the owner(s) but there's too much bureaucracy/red tape around fixing and/or improving things.

The people ('employees') who are here, don't appear to have the 'power' whilst the people who do have the power, don't appear to be here. Forum navigation is a prime example, it's part of vBulletin. It should be easy to fix. It's taking weeks. It's irritating people, that hurts 'business'. I get the feeling if this site was someone's hobby, they'd be all over it.

I'm still here but my posting has gone down significantly, it's getting more difficult to use the site so I tend to go back to lurk mode; read a few threads then move on.
    This... pretty much exactly.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Equinoqs
    Items Big BossFinal Fantasy XIILBP NarikoDemons Souls Cover
    I will do my best to link to PSU's articles more on Facebook/Twitter, and try not to post an article from another site if PSU already has an article on it. I like this forum and I want to see it succeed, rather than fold like every other gaming forum I've liked.

However, for months now I haven't been able to use any of the photo/video/etc. functions in replies (in fact, I only have a couple of seconds to start typing my response before I'm kicked out of the reply), the header that used to lead me backwards out of a post (PSU - Forums - Playstation - Playstation Games) is gone, the drop-down menus all show up when hovering but vanish before I can move the cursor down to click on an option, and I can't even login to my account on the forum without using the Tab button to skip through each field one by one in order to press Enter when the Login button is highlighted (clicking on the Login button does nothing). I have no idea if this is a site issue or just something wrong with my browser/computer (I use Internet Explorer, because I'm lazy), but it seriously affects the time I spend on here - if I don't think I have enough time to deal with these issues, then i just don't come on.

Shut up and play games

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Yeah... there needs to be a huge shift back to the community to bring it up to speed again. The community of PSU is very important. The forum issues need to get fixed ASAP. There isn't an excuse for addressing the issues weeks or even months later. Complaining about the forum members linking articles from elsewhere and continuing to not fix the community's issues does not encourage or compel them to provide any help toward that goal. We all have to work together and understand the synergy required for the forums and news page to feed off each other. Leaving the forums as crippled as they are is not helping anyone. And members attempting to brush problems under the rug and scoffing at others because they're not experiencing the same issues as others doesn't make the issues disappear. The issues are still there and are being experienced by many members and the issues aren't going to address themselves. This place needs to get its act together so we can all move forward as a community, which will help the site as a whole evolve and grow.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Please hang tight guys... I know its rough right now.

Thread Information