Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm definitely getting it! I'll have the Halo Reach Edition, Gears of War Edition, and now the Halo 4 Edition!!! Woooot! This is going to be a great MNL when it comes.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Dayum F34R, you'll have to take a picture of those bad boys together. I still think the Gears one looks best.. but that's probably cos its the one I have .

I'm seriously loving the blue light

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Got alot going on but 400 bucks? This would be a sure buy for most @ 299.99 I dont forsee the wii U being that expensive at launch imgagine what the next box will cost at launch then?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Got alot going on but 400 bucks? This would be a sure buy for most @ 299.99 I dont forsee the wii U being that expensive at launch imgagine what the next box will cost at launch then?
    Look at what it comes with that you can't get for $299.

Take the actual "edition" out of it. Let's just go with the basic looking Xbox 360 S. $299, you get the console, a controller, and a 250GB HDD. Buy another controller, and Halo 4... you've added $95 if you've gotten a decent price on the controller, $115 if you pay the regular price for it. Now, you see you're getting only the 250GB hdd.

So, let's put it into perspective now. You're getting the Xbox 360 S, limited edition looks, larger hdd capacity @ 320GB, two controllers following the limited "paint", and the game that will cost $59.99 (or a few less via online retailers). I think you're getting it for a good price, with nice additions.

Like I've said many times before, if the other consoles did this where I live (usa), then I'd be planting a freakin' money tree because I'd be getting these limited consoles too!

5. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Look at what it comes with that you can't get for $299.

Take the actual "edition" out of it. Let's just go with the basic looking Xbox 360 S. $299, you get the console, a controller, and a 250GB HDD. Buy another controller, and Halo 4... you've added $95 if you've gotten a decent price on the controller, $115 if you pay the regular price for it. Now, you see you're getting only the 250GB hdd.

So, let's put it into perspective now. You're getting the Xbox 360 S, limited edition looks, larger hdd capacity @ 320GB, two controllers following the limited "paint", and the game that will cost $59.99 (or a few less via online retailers). I think you're getting it for a good price, with nice additions.

Like I've said many times before, if the other consoles did this where I live (usa), then I'd be planting a freakin' money tree because I'd be getting these limited consoles too!
    Your def right its a good deal thru retail. I usually just by my things online thru craigslist (i got my ps3 with 5 games 2 controllers and its a 320gb for 250) what stands out to me is its an old console and with all the rumors going around about the next xbox just. I personally wouldnt buy it but I would definitely recommend it to friends that are halo and xbox players because they would see and appreciate the value like you pointed out but someone like me that doesnt own a 360 i see it like "400 bucks for an Xbox360?" Obviously this is marketed to a niche group of fans.

Does anyone remember the xbox360 deal last month i believe it was 99 bucks with a 2 year xbox live account (discounted) this was in the US

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    Your def right its a good deal thru retail. I usually just by my things online thru craigslist (i got my ps3 with 5 games 2 controllers and its a 320gb for 250) what stands out to me is its an old console and with all the rumors going around about the next xbox just. I personally wouldnt buy it but I would definitely recommend it to friends that are halo and xbox players because they would see and appreciate the value like you pointed out but someone like me that doesnt own a 360 i see it like "400 bucks for an Xbox360?" Obviously this is marketed to a niche group of fans.

Does anyone remember the xbox360 deal last month i believe it was 99 bucks with a 2 year xbox live account (discounted) this was in the US
    I wouldn't suggest that deal to anyone lol. With the Xbox Live cost, $14.95 for 24 months... it's like a lease with interest charges for the 360 + Gold Member.

Thread Information