Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    let the average like Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Motorstorm etc fade away and make more of the good like Uncharted, God of War and erm...... remind me, apart from Uncharted and God of War.. what are the great PS3 exclusives? its not LBP with its floaty controls or zillions of poor levels. it's for sure not Yakusa or Sports Champions.
    just what are these mythical "Amazing" exclusives?
    Yakuza is an extraordinary series along with Infamous and Motorstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitey
    Shut it Ghost-Rhayne

God damn 'fankid'. Less is always more.
    As a gamer, I prefer a better variety of games.

2. Likes skinny_jr likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I love the Motorstorm series. And I picked up Infamous Festival of Blood for $4.82 thanks to PS+.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Yakuza is an extraordinary series along with Infamous and Motorstorm.

As a gamer, I prefer a better variety of games.
    metacritic on the extraordinary PS3 Yakuza
    Yakuza 4 78
    Yakuza: Dead Souls 63
    Yakuza 3 79

also the extraordinary Motorstorm
    MotorStorm: Apocalypse 77
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift 82
    MotorStorm 84

inFamous 2 83
    inFamous 85

there'sa theme running through those extraordinary games. thats it... they review worse with each iteration.
    indeed.... extraordinary..

Sony’s Worldwide Studios President
    we have to be very honest about our games’ quality as well. We love our games, but we can point out many issues when you look at the titles individually.
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...op-less-games/

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Gears of War 94
    Gears of War 2 93
    Gears of War 3 91

True...that does seem to often be the case.

Ancient
    MS have proven time and again that they don't need to waste money on exclusives that will have average reviews and/or poor sales, Sony even say they themselves should have gone for less exclusives because less is erm..... more.

sure, it hits a check box for the fankids to say my system of choice has more exclusives, but there is only so much gaming time across a year, so why not let the CoD's, Assassins Creeds, Halo's and Gears of this world keep up the quality and at the same time cover the years gaming time.

let the average like Infamous, Killzone, Resistance, Motorstorm etc fade away and make more of the good like Uncharted, God of War and erm...... remind me, apart from Uncharted and God of War.. what are the great PS3 exclusives? its not LBP with its floaty controls or zillions of poor levels. it's for sure not Yakusa or Sports Champions.
    just what are these mythical "Amazing" exclusives?
    "Is it possible to give a game an 11?" say hi ya
    You seem to be missing a few key titles too
    Our don't we count Heavy Rain, GT5, DS & The obvious one being talk about in that quote?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Guru
    metacritic on the extraordinary PS3 Yakuza
    Yakuza 4 78
    Yakuza: Dead Souls 63
    Yakuza 3 79

also the extraordinary Motorstorm
    MotorStorm: Apocalypse 77
    MotorStorm: Pacific Rift 82
    MotorStorm 84

inFamous 2 83
    inFamous 85

there'sa theme running through those extraordinary games. thats it... they review worse with each iteration.
    indeed.... extraordinary..

Sony’s Worldwide Studios President

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...op-less-games/
    So you judge games based on metacritics but never tried them yourself?. Sorry to disappoint you but I had a hell of a lot more fun with the Yakuza series(That includes, Dead Souls!) then I did with games like Call of Duty and Halo. I could ask you to try out the handfull of PS3 exclusives that are available which are more fun then you can imagine but I am certain that you will disregard them with the way you're responding.

It's never a good idea to trust metacritics or review sites completely, you should try some games by renting them or borrowing them from friends and judge them based on your experience. A good example that I love to use a lot is, Nier and the average rating it received which scored lower then the ratings you posted above(Joystiq didn't even give Nier a proper review score when it released because of how bad it was to them). In the end, it turned out to be one of the best games I've played in a while in terms of character development, story and soundtrack. Those who've played it agree wholeheartedly and heck even a member here was grateful to me for recommending such a gem.

8. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Yungstar's forum activity has certainly gone up since this new section was introduced

Remember guys. When it comes to video games.. less is more, always

10. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    So you judge games based on metacritics but never tried them yourself?. Sorry to disappoint you but I had a hell of a lot more fun with the Yakuza series(That includes, Dead Souls!) then I did with games like Call of Duty and Halo. I could ask you to try out the handfull of PS3 exclusives that are available which are more fun then you can imagine but I am certain that you will disregard them with the way you're responding. It's never a good idea to trust metacritics or review sites completely, you should try some games by renting them or borrowing them from friends and judge them based on your experience. A good example that I love to use a lot is, Nier and the average rating it received which scored lower then the ratings you posted above(Joystiq didn't even give Nier a proper review score when it released because of how bad it was to them). In the end, it turned out to be one of the best games I've played in a while in terms of character development, story and soundtrack. Those who've played it agree wholeheartedly and heck even a member here was grateful to me for recommending such a gem.
    Yeah thats why arguing over metacritic ratings is so pointless. For example I love the Motorstorm series and consider it the best game in its genre. No other platform has a game quite like it. But it is widely accepted that the series was a "flop." Which is why I dont put much stock in metacritic ratings.

Forum Elder
    So you judge games based on metacritics but never tried them yourself?. Sorry to disappoint you but I had a hell of a lot more fun with the Yakuza series(That includes, Dead Souls!) then I did with games like Call of Duty and Halo. I could ask you to try out the handfull of PS3 exclusives that are available which are more fun then you can imagine but I am certain that you will disregard them with the way you're responding.
    where did you ever get the idea from that i had not played those games?

Motorstorm was the 1st game i ever played on PS3 (came with my phat 60gb), as boring as hell and got traded the very next day.

infamous is one of my favourite PS3 games (not as good as Crackdown, but still a great game), and its anything but extraordinary.

Yakuza i got bored walking around in the indoor market and getting random attacks as i went around each corner.
    extraordinary... hell no.

Uncharted (i'll mention that), 1st great, 2nd so so, 3rd got bored (bit of a let down in 3D as well) with quicker than i did Gears of War 3 and its the last full price PS3 game i'll buy.

yes i have PS+ and yes i have 80+ games on PS3 (of course... many of those are PS1 and minis).
    dont assume for a minute that because i find fault with PS3 and many of its games that i dont own one or play its games.

i can just as easily find fault with 360 and have in another thread. but i know enough that of a supposedly PS3 v 360 battle, the PS3 is not the winner. of course.... all opinion.

p.s.
    and if i may add..
    3D dot game heroes and Singstar are worth buying a PS3 for.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 07-14-2012 at 18:59.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Gears of War 94
    Gears of War 2 93
    Gears of War 3 91

True...that does seem to often be the case.
    i'd not give Gears 3 that high a mark, high 70's perhaps.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Whats a PS3 or Xbox360?

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Master Guru
    where did you ever get the idea from that i had not played those games?

Motorstorm was the 1st game i ever played on PS3 (came with my phat 60gb), as boring as hell and got traded the very next day.
    First one was okay but I do recommend Pacific Rift and Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006
    infamous is one of my favourite PS3 games (not as good as Crackdown, but still a great game), and its anything but extraordinary.
    At least you liked it, Infamous is a good game but Infamous 2 is a leap forward in just about everything(It does have some faults though).

Yakuza i got bored walking around in the indoor market and getting random attacks as i went around each corner. extraordinary... hell no.
    Again, you didn't give the game a chance, all you had to say is your complaints on random battles but never went in-depth with it. Yakuza 3 is more then just battles, it's a well made story.

yes i have PS+ and yes i have 80+ games on PS3 (of course... many of those are PS1 and minis).
    dont assume for a minute that because i find fault with PS3 and many of its games that i dont own one or play its games.
    Not sure if you're serious, especially since you turned in a game the next day after playing it and criticized Yakuza just for it's random battles yet didn't give it a chance. Furthermore you went and show me a list of games with their metracritics on your last post, hence why I assumed(It is my right to assume with such a post) that you had not played those games. Seriously, what was the point of that then?.

i can just as easily find fault with 360 and have in another thread. but i know enough that of a supposedly PS3 v 360 battle, the PS3 is not the winner. of course....all opinion.
    Of course, that's why I said that the Yakuza series among others, are extraordinary games, because they were all opinions.

16. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    So you judge games based on metacritics but never tried them yourself?
    Isn't that what you did with blanket statement of 90% of the Indie games are garbage, without trying them yourself?

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Isn't that what you did with blanket statement of 90% of the Indie games are garbage, without trying them yourself?
    What blanket statement are you talking about?. Just about every Indie game I've tried has a free trial. Out of the dozens that I've played I only found a few that seemed fun for a while. It's not hard to realize that the majority of them are cheap knockoffs and/or lazy builts just for a quick buck. Also my percentage is not accurate and was something that I thought of on the spot(More like based on experience) but I won't go through all 3,000+ titles in hopes to find anything worth my time.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Nintendo has the best exclusives!!1

/thread

LOL

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005

which do you think is better ps3 vs 360

in my opinion ps3 dominates idc care for the sexbox 360
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'll take a sexbox please!!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Does it come with sexnect?

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    $#@!ing noobs...I have a seXbox and a PleaseSodom M3. My sexbox has a newer model fleshlight installed and my PSM3 is still packing my ass hard with the Move.

24. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Damn Ghost I'm so freakin jelly right now you don't even no >:<

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Soldier 95B
    Can I haz a SeXboX? My right hand hurts.
    Last edited by Soldier 95B; 11-21-2012 at 16:37.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    skullcrusher1005
    try your left hand first
    Check out my twitch channel i often stream PS4 games and PC games. I also like to interact with the audience so if you want to see some epic gameplay check out my twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/skullcrusher1005

Elite Sage
    In my humble opinion - they are both as good as each other. Anyone that says otherwise is a bit deluded.

Maybe i'm the deluded one for thinking they are as good as one another.

29. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Finally You Are Free
    When this generation began I was much more inclined and supportive of the Xbox 360. Generally it just felt like the better gaming console. In place of Resistance was Gears of War and Halo and Just Cause. Its online was thresholds better too. Plus, it was on the 360 that I first played Oblivion, and that was the first game this generation that blew my mind.

On a whim, I got a PS3 for my birthday in 2007, but I didn't have games for it. I rented Uncharted and Heavenly Sword, and those two titles secured, in my mind, how great of a console the PS3 is. I simply didn't see the potential before that. For a few years I loved both systems equally, then, around the end of 2009 I slowly shifted to favoring the PS3. Games like Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 were just blowing away anything the 360 was pushing out. Since then I've held the idea that the PS3 is the better console.

As of this point I stand by that still.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 11-30-2012 at 00:49.

31. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    When you look at what each system has achieved since they released and how they have competed since, I think both systems are equal. Both offer things that the other system doesn't or can't and shine in their own way. For us seasoned gamers, it's not even a big deal anymore. However, for late adopters, PS3 seems like the better system because of the value proposition. The instant games collection of PS+ on PS3 and Vita is outstanding and the Collection line re-release of all the major titles. You pay a bit more for the console than the others, but then you get access to $#@! loads of games for cheap or "free" as part of the sub, and you're online with no hassle...

Thread Information