Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But Sony seems to have more high profile exclusives to choose from so it doesn't feel as repetitive. MS just has Halo, Gears and Forza so it seems alot more redundant when you only have 3 big exclusives.
    Lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yup just like Sony milking the $#@! outta resistance and uncharted and god of war and killzone. Milk it dry baby!

While true, SONY do still produce many other original and different games, they do still produce games that are unique and varied.

When i look at SONYs line up, the variety of games they sell make it perfectly fine to see some sequels of certain games.

2 killzone games

2 GOW games on the ps3

Not really "milking"

3 Uncharted games on the ps3

3 resistance game on the ps3

Somewhat milking, but not as bad as the 360 and the Wii...

Lets not forget the dozens of other ps3 games that are mainly original and different.

4 halo 360 games

4 gears of war games.

Yea, see my point?

Your response, "Lol" to that above says a lot about you

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by LfCpS3 View Post
    While true, SONY do still produce many other original and different games, they do still produce games that are unique and varied.

When i look at SONYs line up, the variety of games they sell make it perfectly fine to see some sequels of certain games.

2 killzone games

2 GOW games on the ps3

Not really "milking"

Lets not forget the dozens of other ps3 games that are mainly original and different.

4 halo 360 games

4 gears of war games.

Yea, see my point?

Lol

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal

2 killzone games

2 GOW games on the ps3

Not really "milking"

4 halo 360 games

4 gears of war games.

Yea, see my point?

Hmm when you line them up like that, good point. Forza has also had 2, 3, 4 and Horizon.

We know we most likely won't be seeing any more Resistance games going forward. No more Uncharted games on PS3 and ND are also bringing a brand new IP (Last of Us) to the table this late in the generation, which is remarkable.

@ the bolded. Lol
    Last edited by Nitey; 12-08-2012 at 19:10.

Soldier 95B
    Lol

6. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

2 killzone games

2 GOW games on the ps3

Not really "milking"

4 halo 360 games

4 gears of war games.

Yea, see my point?

Except most of Sonys didn't deserve sequels. Outside of Uncharted, name me one of those sequa that was better than the first?

You make sequels to because you either sold a bucket load of the first, or feel you can improve upon the original.

Most of Sonys sequels sold poorly and proved beyond any doubt they were not needed.

You missed 2 infamous, 3 motostorms btw.

Infamous deserved a sequel no doubt.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Except most of Sonys didn't deserve sequels. Outside of Uncharted, name me one of those sequa that was better than the first?
    So you're saying Killzone, Gow, or Resistance didn't need squeal?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    So you're saying Killzone, Gow, or Resistance didn't need squeal?
    No im saying kz3 and resistance 2 were not very good sequels.

It arguable if resistance deserved a sequel, because on paper it sold really well, much like motostorm. In reality, they were launch title exclusives, that got bundled and given away free and their numbers were not a true reflection of popularity.
    This was only backed up by the sequels performances.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-08-2012 at 20:47.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Did you play them? Oh thats right you dont own a PS3. KZ3 was definitely a move forward from KZ2. Now R2 wasnt as good as R1 but R3 was definitely better than R2. Obviously Sony thought they deserved a sequel even if you dont and thats what counts.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 20:54.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Did you play them? Oh thats right you dont own a PS3. KZ3 was definitely a move forward from KZ2. Now R2 wasnt as good as R1 but R3 was definitely better than R2.
    I read enough of the reviews to know KZ3 was rushed and could have been better.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I read enough of the reviews to know KZ3 was rushed and could have been better.
    Reviews are just other peoples opinions. Do you let other people dictate your opinions for you? And its not like the reviews were bad. And like I said Sony thought it deserved a sequel even if you dont and thats what counts. And thats why theres a KZ4 in the works.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 20:58.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Reading reviews =\= playing a game.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Reading reviews =\= playing a game.
    Yep exactly. Too many people that dont think for themselves this gen. They let others spoon feed them their opinions on a game.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-08-2012 at 21:03.

Elite Guru
    The gunplay in Killzone 3 in particular was stellar. Can't wait to see what Guerilla is cooking up for next gen!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0

It arguable if resistance deserved a sequel, because on paper it sold really well, much like motostorm. In reality, they were launch title exclusives, that got bundled and given away free and their numbers were not a true reflection of popularity.
    This was only backed up by the sequels performances.
    That's a croc statement. Resistance was good enough to warrant 2, the story in 2 was still really good people just complained it wasn't as dark and surviverish the online was always full, the coop was greatly improved and was fun as tits, only problem with 2 is they tried to use every fan request to improve it, resistance 3 was better than all of them. Like rad said KZ3 was a move forward. Only sequels I can think of that don't deserve it would be maybe R&C, but I love the series so much <3

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    The gunplay in Killzone 3 in particular was stellar. Can't wait to see what Guerilla is cooking up for next gen!
    Same here. Yeah some of the fire fights in Killzone 3 are incredible. Alot of the gunplay is still unmatched by any other shooters I've played this gen. Epic campaign. KZ on PS4 will be amazing for sure.

Master Poster
    Items VitaLiverpool360 SlimPS3 FatGoogle Chrome
    hahahah, sorry but anyone who looks at how good a game is based of sales and reviews from "critics" makes me laugh.

Infamous 2 IMO was pretty awesome, never played Motorstorm but it looks pretty interesting.

Just because you thought they were bad does not mean others did

Again, those games are not really milked are they( which was my original point). Racing games tend to generally have sequels anyway ( look at GT, forza, NFS, pretty much all do) it's the general way of those games, motor-storm on the other hand. Not like all Motorstorm games are the same.

Sure quite a lot of Sony games do have sequels, but they are far from being milked like other games. Sequels are pretty much given, heck i bet 90% of games this gen have sequels, sequels are expected and are fine.

My problem is not that MS milk Halo or GEOW, it's that while they milk those two they don't offer anything else for me to buy exclusively for the 360. If I want good performance/graphics, i go PC, ps3 for its very good exclusive line up ( that is my opinion, to you halo/GEOW might be enough).

The only game I can say I actually liked for the 360 was Alan wake and l4d2, both of which are massively better on the PC were i can buy them both and play them now.

Sony have a good variety of games. This gen has given me games like uncharted, infamous, MGS 4, KZ2 and a few more i may have forgot that i really enjoyed, with more to come next year.

I guess this gen coming to an end might be the reason why, but to me this is not a good sign for next year in terms of xbox. Time will tell I guess.

Yes, i have played GEow and halo, never got into them.

Soldier 95B
    Resistance 3 was complete garbage, as was Resistance 2. Killzone 3 was awesomesauce though.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    hahahah, sorry but anyone who looks at how good a game is based of sales and reviews from "critics" makes me laugh.
    Developers and publishers make you laugh?
    Infamous 2 IMO was pretty awesome, never played Motorstorm but it looks pretty interesting.

Just because you thought they were bad does not mean others did
    So? Everyone has different tastes.
    Its enough to know that not many people thought they were very good.
    Again, those games are not really milked are they( which was my original point). Racing games tend to generally have sequels anyway ( look at GT, forza, NFS, pretty much all do) it's the general way of those games, motor-storm on the other hand. Not like all Motorstorm games are the same.
    I agree they aren't milked, because you actually have to have a strong franchise name to do that. Many of them are simply unnecessary sequels. Sony would have been better to make these studios make a different game. Maybe the motorstorm devs might not have ended up in the position they did.
    Sure quite a lot of Sony games do have sequels, but they are far from being milked like other games. Sequels are pretty much given, heck i bet 90% of games this gen have sequels, sequels are expected and are fine.

My problem is not that MS milk Halo or GEOW, it's that while they milk those two they don't offer anything else for me to buy exclusively for the 360. If I want good performance/graphics, i go PC, ps3 for its very good exclusive line up ( that is my opinion, to you halo/GEOW might be enough).

The only game I can say I actually liked for the 360 was Alan wake and l4d2, both of which are massively better on the PC were i can buy them both and play them now.

Sony have a good variety of games. This gen has given me games like uncharted, infamous, MGS 4, KZ2 and a few more i may have forgot that i really enjoyed, with more to come next year.
    Sony has more first person shooters than anyone else. They concentrate to
    much on them. You forget MAG and Socom etc

Meanwhile for every infamous you can point to a crackdown, or a viva piniata.

Your just not looking very hard into Microsoft offerings on the 360.

Too many people quote titles from 2009
    Onwards, just because thats when Sonys titles finally came to fruition in abundance.

I guess this gen coming to an end might be the reason why, but to me this is not a good sign for next year in terms of xbox. Time will tell I guess.
    Microsoft just completely trampled Sony this year in top hardcore titles. Stomped them. It happens everyoyher year. One year sony fire, the next year MS does.

And yes every single 1st party studio MS owns are working on next gen titles.

Yes, i have played GEow and halo, never got into them.
    Nobody is asking you to.
    But they are asking you to acknowledge that millions have.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Resistance 3 was complete garbage, as was Resistance 2. Killzone 3 was awesomesauce though.
    What? What was so bad about Resistance 3? It was amazing, even biased xplay gave it a perfect score

Power Member
    Items User name style
    What? What was so bad about Resistance 3? It was amazing, even biased xplay gave it a perfect score
    Everyone has different tastes. You guys need to learn that your view doesn't equal the worlds view.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Reviews are just other peoples opinions. Do you let other people dictate your opinions for you? And its not like the reviews were bad. And like I said Sony thought it deserved a sequel even if you dont and thats what counts. And thats why theres a KZ4 in the works.
    Im not saying KZ3 was a bad game, just that it could have been an even better game. Yes KZ2 deserved a sequel, didnt say it didnt.

It deserved another 6 months in the oven. You have to nurture your franchises, and KZ2 definitely deserved a sequel that was fully polished, wouldn't have hurt them to have it out for that Xmas either.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-08-2012 at 22:07.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Everyone has different tastes. You guys need to learn that your view doesn't equal the worlds view.
    But to say it's complete trash, I'm just asking. It's not like anything in here has been really opinionated based anyway, so I don't see why the shot was necessary.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    But to say it's complete trash, I'm just asking. It's not like anything in here has been really opinionated based anyway, so I don't see why the shot was necessary.
    Well he obviously didn't like it.
    I think some top game are complete trash (fable 2 & 3 for example).

Elite Guru
    So 360 better than PS3...confirmed?

Thread Information