Halo
    Forza
    Fable
    Alan Wake
    Viva Pinata
    Crackdown
    The Witcher
    Banjo Kazooie
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-10-2012 at 14:39.

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Which is better is subjective really, ya not gonna convinced a Halo fan PS3 is better because it doesn't have Halo, even if the PS3 has 4 games that are technically better (Thats a example, I ain't saying it does)
    Same goes to a Uncharted fan for example
    The problem is people try to pass their opinions as facts with reviews or sales
    When its all subjective

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Which is better is subjective really, ya not gonna convinced a Halo fan PS3 is better because it doesn't have Halo, even if the PS3 has 4 games that are technically better (Thats a example, I ain't saying it does)
    Same goes to a Uncharted fan for example
    The problem is people try to pass their opinions as facts with reviews or sales
    When its all subjective

Sent via Codec

It is up to you to decide. This is about a console, not an individual IP. Which console is better than the other? Which console can off you more games to play? It is up to the buyer to get past the fanboy aspect of what game is their favorite, and look at which one offers more.

For me, it is clearly the PS3 by the list I provided. Could be different for anyone else. I absolutely love Halo, but Halo is not going to force me to choose the Xbox because of this single franchise.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Here is how I look at 360 vs PS3.

Playstation 3

Ratchet & Clank
    Uncharted
    Heavy Rain
    God of War
    Gran Turismo
    Resistance
    inFamous
    The Last of Us
    BEYOND: Two Souls
    Little Big Planet
    Dust 514
    LBP Karting
    Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
    MLB The Show
    Sly Cooper
    Starhawk
    The Last Guardian
    Twisted Metal

Xbox 360

Gears of War
    Halo
    Forza
    Fable
    Alan Wake
    Viva Pinata
    Crackdown
    Yup, thats what most around here see it as, again this gen started well before 2008. Where's Kameo, Project Gotham Racing, Banjo, Ninja Blade, Metro, The Witcher, Too Human, etc?
    Last edited by mynd; 12-09-2012 at 18:02.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Forum Sage
    According to wikipedia:

xbox 360:

930 games of which 721 are multiplat games, 127 are exclusive games and 82 are console exclusive.

PS3:

760 games of which 615 are multiplat games, 137 are exclusive and 8 are console exclusive.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Both consoles have carved themselves into really powerful positions and they are both kicking all kindz of ass...all kindzzzz. The 360 is the media streaming king and is the go-to console if multiplayer is your thing. It has a history of better performing multiplats and it's staple annual exclusives which are all pretty popular. SmartGlass ads a nice touch to their service too, and it's all well integrated.

PS3 is all about accesibility and content. Free online gaming and the instant game collection for PS3 and Vita is Sony's strong point online. They should have set up this proposition a long time ago in response to MS's subscription service. IGC is insane. If you are the type of person that rents or buys then trades your games, it's perfect. The new Collections range and F2P MMOs like DCUO and DUST 514 further this push of wallet friendly content to gamers. I say it often, $#@! late adopters for being able to get 5 GoW games for €40 . It offers the integration with Vita and new initiatives like cross buy are amazing and the system in general is synonymous with exclusives. Sony simply has more IPs currently active in their catalog at the moment and some new ones on the way. Next year comes TLOU, GoW, Puppeteer, Beyond: Two Souls, Until Dawn, Sly 4 and Ni No Kuni...and that's just what's been announced.

They are both powerhouses, and both deserve respect for what they do well...

One day I hope we see ALL of the pointless epeening disappear...Now more than ever there is no point in it cause as I said, both are rocking like hell right NOW...If people are still into bashing in this phase of the gen, then it's probably more about self justification than anything else, because the quality of both their offerings is immense.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Which is better is subjective really, ya not gonna convinced a Halo fan PS3 is better because it doesn't have Halo, even if the PS3 has 4 games that are technically better (Thats a example, I ain't saying it does) Same goes to a Uncharted fan for example The problem is people try to pass their opinions as facts with reviews or sales When its all subjective Sent via Codec
    You pretty much summed it up right there.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yup, thats what most around here see it as, again this gen started well before 2008. Where's Kameo, Project Gotham Racing, Banjo, Ninja Blade, Metro, The Witcher, Too Human, etc?

For me, I did not include games that I do not like. Kameo, PGR, Ninja Blade, Too Human. Those games are exclusives, but have no relevance in my opinion. We can easily start naming off PS Move and Kinect exclusives, but would we? Which is why MATRIX's stat really do not mean much. The 360 does a lot more crappy exclusives for the Kinect than the PS Move does. My opinion of course.

Both consoles are going to be on their death bed soon, one of which is sort of already on it. 2013 looks promising for the PS3. 360 is so wrapped up with their damn Kinect and is looking like they are releasing their next console a year from now.

PS3 wins the battle for me. But I win no matter what because I own all the consoles.
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-09-2012 at 18:23.

9. Likes LfCpS3, BBK.. likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Metro isnt an exclusive IP anymore. The next one is coming to PS3 as well. And I doubt we'll see another Too Human after how the first one did. Especially with MS tendency to play it safe.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-09-2012 at 18:27.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I don't think it's just this forum, but you're trying to insinuate that it's just the PS3 folks that don't give those IP much weight. It could be argued that Microsoft themselves don't give them much weight either as well as consumers. If they did we'd have seen more from these IP this gen

You'd have to say just looking at Lethal's list that Sony's IP overall have a more established look about them. I know you'll never feel this way but for a lot gamers I'd say that's the case.

They may not have nurtured them correctly, this is true. Like you mentioned, giving KZ3 for example a chance to release in the holidays may have been wiser. You're very reluctant in giving Sony any credit though, but at least they have kept a lot of these IP alive this gen. Most of which sell at least 1-2m, and then they also have their 'dead' IP too.

I wanna see another Folklore for example, or an Ape Escape.

But yeah, it seems Sony has more IPs that 'seem' alive. Microsoft has a bunch too, but many of the pre-2008 seem dead. Why is that? Did they not sell well, review well? You can keep banging on about them but they are irrelevant, sorry to break it to you . Maybe we'll see some of them next gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    PS3 wins the battle for me. But I win no matter what because I own all the consoles.
    Welp. Pretty much this
    Last edited by Nitey; 12-09-2012 at 18:38.

12. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    I don't think it's just this forum, but you're trying to insinuate that it's just the PS3 folks that don't give those IP much weight. It could be argued that Microsoft themselves don't give them much weight either as well as consumers. If they did we'd have seen more from these IP this gen

You'd have to say just looking at Lethal's list that Sony's IP overall have a more established look about them. I know you'll never feel this way but for a lot gamers I'd say that's the case.

They may not have nurtured them correctly, this is true. Like you mentioned, giving KZ3 for example a chance to release in the holidays may have been wiser. You're very reluctant in giving Sony any credit but at least they have kept a lot of these IP alive. Most of which sell at least 1-2m, and then they also have their 'dead' IP too.

But yeah, it seems Sony has more IPs that 'seem' alive. Microsoft has a bunch too, but many of the pre-2008 seem dead. Why is that? Did they not sell well, review well? You can keep banging on about them but they are irrelevant, sorry to break it to you . Maybe we'll see some of them next gen

Exactly! I didn't even mention Folklore, Haze, Heavenly Sword, 3D Dot Game Heroes, or any other old dead IPs. I tried to stick with good titles that are still selling and such. Or are big titles releasing soon.

I would so love a Folklore 2 game!!
    Last edited by Lethal; 12-10-2012 at 14:38.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

They may not have nurtured them correctly, this is true. Like you mentioned, giving KZ3 for example a chance to release in the holidays may have been wiser. You're very reluctant in giving Sony any credit though, but at least they have kept a lot of these IP alive this gen. Most of which sell at least 1-2m, and then they also have their 'dead' IP too.

Welp. Pretty much this
    That's according to his own likes and dislikes though. I'm with him on it, but accenting it doesn't provide substance to which console is better in a general sense. The favor is easily turned opposite of how each of us consider which is better.

Me?

I've bought more exclusives on the PS3 than the Wii + 360 combined.
    I've played more online and multiplat titles on the 360 than the PS3 + Wii combined.
    I've bought and played online more on the PS Vita than the 3ds.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't think it's just this forum, but you're trying to insinuate that it's just the PS3 folks that don't give those IP much weight. It could be argued that Microsoft themselves don't give them much weight either as well as consumers. If they did we'd have seen more from these IP this gen You'd have to say just looking at Lethal's list that Sony's IP overall have a more established look about them. I know you'll never feel this way but for a lot gamers I'd say that's the case. They may not have nurtured them correctly, this is true. Like you mentioned, giving KZ3 for example a chance to release in the holidays may have been wiser. You're very reluctant in giving Sony any credit though, but at least they have kept a lot of these IP alive this gen. Most of which sell at least 1-2m, and then they also have their 'dead' IP too. I wanna see another Folklore for example, or an Ape Escape. But yeah, it seems Sony has more IPs that 'seem' alive. Microsoft has a bunch too, but many of the pre-2008 seem dead. Why is that? Did they not sell well, review well? You can keep banging on about them but they are irrelevant, sorry to break it to you . Maybe we'll see some of them next gen
    You summed it up pretty well.^ I would have just clicked like on your post but I'm on the PS3 browser right now. lol

Master Guru
    I win because i own both the 360 and PS3.

My heads spinning with all the awesome gaming i've done and will continue to do on the heels of the new generation.

What an awesome gen it was.

Forum Sage

Welp. Pretty much this
    For some games, Kinect.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    That's according to his own likes and dislikes though. I'm with him on it, but accenting it doesn't provide substance to which console is better in a general sense. The favor is easily turned opposite of how each of us consider which is better.
    I didn't say it did m8. I'm saying that you can throw in the likes of Kameo, PGR and Banjo but the overall impression to most would probably be that Sony's IP have a more established look. I would say it is because of their continued investment in those IP throughout this gen. Regardless of right or wrong investment

Of course personal taste will come into it when talking about which console is actually superior or provides better games. Person A may have zero interest in nearly all of Sony's output, but would queue midnight to pick up the next Banjo game, or the next Viva Pinata, and vice verca. Nothing wrong with that

But I'm talking about if we were to throw out a list of both dead and alive IP, Sony's would look more recognisable to most.

Inevitably this discussion will round-a-bout to many of these IP not selling as much as the first game, which is true, and how Microsoft made the right choice of not bringing out games for the 360 that 'no one buys', which is...true? But I have no interest in that discussion anymore. I wasn't answering the question of the OP as to which console is better, so apologies. That one is still up for debate lads so continue.

tl;dr - Nintendo has the best IPs
    Last edited by Nitey; 12-09-2012 at 19:19.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I didn't say it did m8. I'm saying that you can throw in the likes of Kameo, PGR and Banjo but the overall impression to most would probably be that Sony's IP have a more established look. I would say it is because of their continued investment in those IP throughout this gen. Regardless of right or wrong investment

Of course personal taste will come into it when talking about which console is actually superior or provides better games. Person A may have zero interest in nearly all of Sony's output, but would queue midnight to pick up the next Banjo game, or the next Viva Pinata, and vice verca. Nothing wrong with that

But I'm talking about if we were to throw out a list of both dead and alive IP, Sony's would look more recognisable to most.

Inevitably this discussion will round-a-bout to many of these IP not selling as much as the first game, which is true, and how Microsoft made the right choice of not bringing out games for the 360 that 'no one buys', which is...true? But I have no interest in that discussion anymore. I wasn't answering the question of the OP as to which console is better, so apologies. That one is still up for debate lads so continue.

tl;dr - Nintendo has the best IPs
    I mean, using Lethal's list is basically accenting that one has more recognizable IP's. Which is why I went on to mention how the tide changes depending on who you're referencing. Maybe I just didn't word it right lol. I dunno, but I wasn't directly meaning you. I disagree about being recognizable unless you feature the games that are prominent for the userbase of each console. However, Sony might have a longer list, but that is as far as it goes.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Metro isnt an exclusive IP anymore. The next one is coming to PS3 as well. And I doubt we'll see another Too Human after how the first one did. Especially with MS tendency to play it safe.
    I doubt we will see the Last Guardian, but he still threw it on his list....
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I doubt we will see the Last Guardian, but he still threw it on his list....
    Did he? lol Yeah we wont be seeing that game either I dont think. Maybe PS4?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    the last guardian? why are people so hyped over this game, the only footage that has been shown wasn't even gameplay. Why on earth ........O.O................whatevaaaaah!

don't get me wrong, I like the PS3 and I don't have a 360 anymore but to be honest I think "the last guardian" would bomb, but than again what is the story? or is it just one of those lame artsy fartsy games like flower or something

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    the last guardian? why are people so hyped over this game, the only footage that has been shown wasn't even gameplay. Why on earth ........O.O................whatevaaaaah!

don't get me wrong, I like the PS3 and I don't have a 360 anymore but to be honest I think "the last guardian" would bomb, but than again what is the story? or is it just one of those lame artsy fartsy games like flower or something
    It's the next game to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus....

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post

The same reason they get hyped for other games that bombed. Because they are PS3 exclusives. But they are more relevant than other titles on other platforms. Apparently.

25. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The same reason they get hyped for other games that bombed. Because they are PS3 exclusives. But they are more relevant than other titles on other platforms. Apparently.
    Oh c'mon mynd the 360 fans do the exact same thing. Neither side is innocent of that. lol And besides that both consoles have had some good games that just weren't big blockbuster sellers. The only thing different is MS just dropped theirs afterwards and just went for the Halo,Gears and Forza rehashing in order to play it safe. As for Sony they obviously felt those games of theirs sold enough to green light some sequels. And MS obviously didnt feel the same way about theirs so they dropped them.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-10-2012 at 07:25.

Supreme Veteran
    Realistically, at least in my eyes the thread should be entitled.

PS3 & 360.

/nuff said.
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    It's the next game to Ico and Shadow of the Colossus....
    This
    Last Guardian isn't just some random IP
    yes is can Bomb or turn out not say good, but the hype comes from its heritage

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Thread Information