PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X

PSU - Send me your Borderlands 2 questions for an article!

Hey everyone,

My name is Kyle Prahl, and I'm the newest staff writer to join the fine team of journalists here at PlayStation Universe.

Some of you may have seen my Borderlands 2 hands-on impressions posted earlier today. Still others may have seen the numerous news posts that went up to coincide, all of which are linked at the bottom of this OP.

This is just the beginning of PSU's Borderlands 2 coverage, and I want to give all of you fine community members a chance to participate. This past week, I played about 90 minutes of the game in NYC in learned a great deal about skills, character developments, the story, and more. I tried to put a lot of this info into my impressions, but it's damn near impossible with so much to report.

That's why I'm turning to you guys and gals - I'd like to hear any and all questions you have about the game. I'll do my best to answer your questions from my own experience, but I may be able to get a few answers from Gearbox guys as well. Once I've compiled enough questions, I'll be putting up a Q&A article on PSU's homepage with my answers, to the best of my ability.

So, let me hear them! Fire away! No question is too big or small. What thirst for knowledge burns deep inside you?

You can also send me your questions on Twitter - @PaybackPrahl - or email them to kyle@psu.com. If you'd like to remain anonymous in the event I use your question, just let me know. Forum PMs work too.

Hell, you can also friend me on PSN, geist226, and send them that way. Anything works.

I'm excited to hear from all of you! Post away

----------------

Relevant News:

http://www.psu.com/a016101/Share-wea...-Borderlands-2

http://www.psu.com/a016102/Badass-Po...ands-2-players

http://www.psu.com/a016103/Borderlan...llation-on-PS3

http://www.psu.com/a016104/Fear-not-...-Borderlands-2

http://www.psu.com/a016111/There-is-...essed-interest

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Two questions

1 - Will the Premiere Club pre-order be available on Steam for the PC version?

2 - Will we get a skill tree calculator for all the classes on the Borderlands 2 website before release?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Hey! I'm wondering what role do the playable characters from
    Borderlands 1 play in Borderlands 2?
    I noticed Lilith was in the newest trailer and she had wings which was pretty cool because I played as her. Will the other 3 guys make appearances?

Via Tapatalk

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    Three things:
    1. Will the game have split screen online
    2. Will the game allow the second player to use his own saves, as well as his own PSN profile(and trophies))?
    3. Is the world more interactive(destructive), or is it still all scripted like in the first game?
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Is it longer than the first?

Are there more weapons? I wouldn't the same weapon with a different color or a mod as a new weapon

Who's your favorite character to go with on co-op and playing single player?

Do we see any of the characters from the first game make cameo appearances in this one?

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Great Q's so far - I'm chomping at the bit to write this thing. I can answer several of these myself, and I'll have to confirm with Gearbox on a couple others. Keep 'em coming

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Does everyone get their own loot drops no one else sees or does everyone see all the loot and you must share and fight for it?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I came across this screenshot just now:

Which is pretty mad And I'm guessing this implies visual customisation for the characters? What is the extent of this? Clothes, hat? Facial hair and accessories even? I'm assume its all in-game and not micro transactions too ><

Master Guru
    Items User name style
    Will there be an origin skin for the Siren class to promote nostalgia

Huge thanks to my awesome friend Finalreaper for the sig!!

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Asura View Post
    Will there be an origin skin for the Siren class to promote nostalgia
    I hope this happens, I like Lilith way more then Maya.

Sig&Av by Kuro

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4
    DragonAge3DWitcher3Order1886Uncharted4Batman:AKDyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Are there any Set Items now available ? Has the PvP improved with proper mods like Arena / Teams / Deathmatch / Ranking etc. ? Have they actually improved the RPG part and has the game now the classic rolls of tank , healer and supporter ?

Just some question properly already answered anywhere else but i wanna read it here on psu.com ;D
    Last edited by bariton1; 07-16-2012 at 19:46.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    - will the BL1 characters be playable as DLC?
    - will TK Baha make an appearance?
    - will there be other vehicles like bikes or jetpack?
    - will there be an option in multiplayer to allocate loot? (like when the mission ends, each player chooses "need" or "greed" and then the loot is allocated)

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Hey! I'm wondering what role do the playable characters from
    Borderlands 1 play in Borderlands 2?
    I noticed Lilith was in the newest trailer and she had wings which was pretty cool because I played as her. Will the other 3 guys make appearances?

Via Tapatalk
    I can answer this! Yes they will be making an appearance. There was a demo released a few months ago for a mission where you save Roland. Mord appeared briefly in the wub wub trailer. I can see no reason why Brick wont be in there if the other three are.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Wow, thanks for all the questions everyone! I'll be writing up this Q&A this evening, so look forward to that. If you have anything else to submit before then, go ahead!

Of course, I can't answer every question (I wish!) but I'll do my best to answer at least one unique question from each of you.

Thanks a ton for participating in this experiment of mine - if you guys like it, I hope to do many more pieces like this down the line!

Who knows - I might tie it with small giveaways of some kind, if interest gets ramped up.

In any case, keep an eye out! I'll update this thread when the post goes live this evening. In the meantime, send me anything else you got!

Thread Information