Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    My mom disagrees with your mom.
    Your mom agrees with my 10 inch MAN ROD of deep satisfying pleasure giving her all kindz of balls deep action!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Ohhh noo. My muthafuckin world is coming to an end!

I hate you for being able to manage budgets of these failed titles. Killzone, heavy rain, infamous and ratchet and clank is what comes to mind, Sony. How! are these studios allowed to expand and make new i.ps when all they produce is "failed" games? How are they making money on their 2million plus failures. This is muthafucking madness, I tell ya. MS can't do it for the 360. And it's easier to develop for. You are lying to us all by pretending these titles are worth the money. Yea, it's impossible to have 2million fans and be successful.

Sony, I only care about business. Listen to me because this is coming from the heart of a true gamer. I don't want you to spend any of that profit and fund new I.Ps. It's too risky. Please ignore the fact that millions could possibly buy these new i.ps. Less is better and that's not a gotdamn opinion, it's a fact. I will argue with you all day and when I'm losing, I will tell you we have to agree to disagree. In the end, I walk away from my computer with my chest stuck out, full of pride because I didn't really lose the argument. Sony, I beg you, bend us over with no lube and force 2 big budget successful titles a year up our asses. Oh, and make spin offs that should be dlc but call it a full retail game.

3. Likes Shingo , Nitey likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Your mom agrees with my 10 inch MAN ROD of deep satisfying pleasure giving her all kindz of balls deep action!
    I hate to admit it, but you win this time. But next time, I will be spanking you into oblivion!

Without reading the whole thread I'm gonna say at least over here it's because the xbox has a larger american install base (correct me if I'm wrong) and a shooter like gears it a top game in the top genre that americans play.

PS3 has much more variety in its exclusives so whether or not a single game has better sales I'm not too swayed into getting an xbox anytime soon. Multiplats are mostly the same on either system and I'm personally not too bothered by gears or halo or anything. I actually took a good look at the xboxs library lately because I wanted to know if there's anything I would really want for it if I should get one and there isn't much. Also I'm not gonna pay up the ass just to get the components and a live subscription to play online and then have to buy the highest price system because there's only either a 4gb or 250gb option.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Ohhh noo. My muthafuckin world is coming to an end! I hate you for being able to manage budgets of these failed titles. Killzone, heavy rain, infamous and ratchet and clank is what comes to mind, Sony. How! are these studios allowed to expand and make new i.ps when all they produce is "failed" games? How are they making money on their 2million plus failures. This is muthafucking madness, I tell ya. MS can't do it for the 360. And it's easier to develop for. You are lying to us all by pretending these titles are worth the money. Yea, it's impossible to have 2million fans and be successful. Sony, I only care about business. Listen to me because this is coming from the heart of a true gamer. I don't want you to spend any of that profit and fund new I.Ps. It's too risky. Please ignore the fact that millions could possibly buy these new i.ps. Less is better and that's not a gotdamn opinion, it's a fact. I will argue with you all day and when I'm losing, I will tell you we have to agree to disagree. In the end, I walk away from my computer with my chest stuck out, full of pride because I didn't really lose the argument. Sony, I beg you, bend us over with no lube and force 2 big budget successful titles a year up our asses. Oh, and make spin offs that should be dlc but call it a full retail game.
    lol That is classic. Wish I could +rep you again for that one.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    No idea, none of their exclusives appeal to me in the slightest which is the real reason I don't own a 360. Halo and Gears of War just seem very "Beefcakey" to me.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    ^Can't rep Two4's post but wow - lol-esomeness!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This. If you go to a buffet that has 2 or 3 different foods, of course it will empty faster than if you go to a buffet that has 10-12 different foods, cause people have more choice and don't have to take from the limited 3 options. Marketing also has a lot to do with it, Sony don't seem to bother with this aspect...But basically what Chille said, and the article itself...
    Great answer.

CPU: I7 3820-GPU: Asus Gtx 980 4GB-Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79-HDD: Seagate 2TB-CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X-TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000-PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD-PS3 Slim 750GB-PS VITA 32GB.

there are leaks happened by an unknown sources but this leak seem legit
    when this unknown source asked one of the developers about the Xbox 720 in last week's Microsoft's press conference he said :
    " We are not yet ready to announce the real next generation Xbox, what you saw today was just an Xbox focusing on the Multi-Media , the leak what happened in late 2012 about the new Xbox having two versions was true, the reason why we don't want to announce the new Xbox early is that other competitors could take advantage and have time to make there console more powerful, there are 2 versions in development ; one focusing on the Multi-Media and play regular AAA games, that is using the Durango DevKit but the other version will focus on games and gamers it will have Multi-Media and will play Extreme AAA games and is using another DevKit different than Durango DevKit "

that maybe means that there will be two versions
    * Multi-Media version : Focus on Multi-Media , Play regular AAA games
    * Powerful version : Focus on games and gamers , Play extreme AAA games

Forum Overseer
    That would be dumb...don't think it will happen. Nintendo already tried something similar with the N64 and failed.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Sounds beyond farfetched, MS aren't going split their user base. If there are indeed 2 versions, both will be equally capable games machines, one just might have less other stuff tacked on.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I've never bought the whole "PS3 has so many exclusives that people can't buy them all" argument. If that was the case, why does Call of Duty sell so many copies on the PS3? Since Call of Duty does sell so many copies, what does Call of Duty have in common with games like Gears and Halo? Exactly - a killer online component. None of Sony's first party games have that addictive, full featured online component that makes the game the next thing that everyone has to own. They were damn close with KZ2...I'll give them that. I think Sony realizes this, too...they went all out with Uncharted 3's online but it just didn't have that addictiveness that games like Gears, Halo, and Call of Duty have.
    This. Heck I still see tons of people playing killzone 2 because the multiplayer is just that good.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Sounds beyond farfetched, MS aren't going split their user base. If there are indeed 2 versions, both will be equally capable games machines, one just might have less other stuff tacked on.
    MS has been known to not make some wise decisions in the past.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robardian View Post
    MS has been known to not make some wise decisions in the past.
    Hardware-wise? They made some really good decisions on top of bad choices about quality control. Two should not be confused together.

Standardized HDD and unified RAM are two most important things they brought to the console world.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    these failed titles. Killzone, heavy rain, infamous and ratchet and clank is what comes to mind, Sony. How! are these studios allowed to expand and make new i.ps when all they produce is "failed" games? How are they making money on their 2million plus failures. This is muthafucking madness, I tell ya. MS can't do it for the 360. And it's easier to develop for. You are lying to us all by pretending these titles are worth the money. Yea, it's impossible to have 2million fans and be successful.
    there is success and there is SUCCESS.
    Halo 4, which rang up sales of $220 million in its first 24 hours, has earned the record as the best-selling game of the Halo franchise.

http://jointhegamenetwork.com/thismonth/2013/1303.html?cid=JTGNN_1303#2

http://www.computerandvideogames.com

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Simple answer: Variety.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    it might have been covered by me or others in this thread,,,, But i see the fact that MS is willing to part with large cash for exclusive titles

Take GTA IV, MS spent over $50 million in this exclusive DLC's.... But this is the problem, because some end up on the rival consoles

So it makes no sense to pay when it ends up on the rival console
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    it might have been covered by me or others in this thread,,,, But i see the fact that MS is willing to part with large cash for exclusive titles

Take GTA IV, MS spent over $50 million in this exclusive DLC's.... But this is the problem, because some end up on the rival consoles

So it makes no sense to pay when it ends up on the rival console
    <sighs>
    They did not spend 50 million, another lie that has been perpetuated by Sony fanboys that one.
    What they did was give them $50 million royalty advance.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/micr...ta-iv-content/

Take Two had to pay back any money not recovered form the sales of the two episodes.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Please don't go further on this disguss, just please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#PlayStation_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...60_video_games

It is really pointless. Altough I like this forum very much when gifs flying around I wanna add some here, noting like pin$#@!

(_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    <sighs>
    They did not spend 50 million, another lie that has been perpetuated by Sony fanboys that one.
    What they did was give them $50 million royalty advance.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/micr...ta-iv-content/

Take Two had to pay back any money not recovered form the sales of the two episodes.
    You point that out as if that makes a difference. Microsoft did that to influence Rockstar's decision. So whether it was an advance or payment for exclusivity, the end result was going to be the same.

They did that to get DLC content as a timed-exclusive. It could have been spent elsewhere earlier in the cycle for the Xbox 360.
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-25-2013 at 01:18.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You point that out as if that makes a difference. Microsoft did that to influence Rockstar's decision. So whether it was an advance or payment for exclusivity, the end result was going to be the same.

They did that to get DLC content as a timed-exclusive. It could have been spent elsewhere earlier in the cycle for the Xbox 360.

Err, his point was that MS was willing to part with large wads of cash, they weren't, they were just smarter at spending the money they would have had to pay anyway.

Forum Overseer
    Err, his point was that MS was willing to part with large wads of cash, they weren't, they were just smarter at spending the money they would have had to pay anyway.
    Even if they had to pay it back, they have a budget that they adhere to. If they didn't spend it there, they would've had to spend it somewhere else.

So it's either timed-exclusive that may or may not help the gamers in the end or they could've put that into development. Now, it's fair to assume that they probably didn't have a better place to spend it at because they were sort of closing down their in-house development.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    Please don't go further on this disguss, just please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...#PlayStation_3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...60_video_games

It is really pointless. Altough I like this forum very much when gifs flying around I wanna add some here, noting like pin$#@!
    Interesting...

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Even if they had to pay it back, they have a budget that they adhere to. If they didn't spend it there, they would've had to spend it somewhere else.

So it's either timed-exclusive that may or may not help the gamers in the end or they could've put that into development. Now, it's fair to assume that they probably didn't have a better place to spend it at because they were sort of closing down their in-house development.
    Game development doesn't really work like , Alan Wake for example was not simply "paid for" in one year, the developer has to meet milestones to advance payment further, if they run out of money between milestones that is their problem, not the publisher.

At at the at time (2007) I think MS was in it richest vein of form, it was mid 2008 onwards when they started shutting houses down.

Forum Overseer
    Game development doesn't really work like , Alan Wake for example was not simply "paid for" in one year, the developer has to meet milestones to advance payment further, if they run out of money between milestones that is their problem, not the publisher.

At at the at time (2007) I think MS was in it richest vein of form, it was mid 2008 onwards when they started shutting houses down.
    I donno what that has to do with what I was saying.

???

I'm talking about the publisher.

Thread Information