Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Having a lot of worse quality games doesn't mean much for Sony. Why do the games sell better than all those PS3 games? The "Sony has more choice" doesn't work as an crutch here.... if ONE Microsoft title sells more than all those counted for Sony combined sales, then there's something more at work here.

No, they need to increase their budget for their games, not reduce the quality of their games.
    He never said "combined" sales. For it to be combined, it would have to need way more than 5.whatever million sales that it did get.

It's about a million more than Uncharted 3.

Basically this thread is about who's $#@! is bigger.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    here is a list of games published by sony, a couple are co-published, link is on the bottom.....A few might be on the computer but I dunno.
    http://www.enotes.com/topic/List_of_..._Entertainment

Here is Xbox360 games published by microsoft...a few could be on PC just like above but oh well. points are points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rosoft_Studios

but to make a debate more clear. Earlier exclusives for Xbox obviously sold more because they had that 1 year head start. but everything should have caught up to each other by now. however, you can still say they had the 1 year head start PLUS the Xbox360 was definitely cheaper compared to the PS3 retail price tag. which also helps exclusives sell more on Xbox360 vs PS3.

But here is another thing. to be a bit more fair you would be better off comparing geners of the games. FPS on the Xbox360 Vs. FPS on the PS3. RPG on the PS3 Vs. RPG on the Xbox360, etc etc etc. i mean, it's pretty clear that the Xbox360 is ahead in the FPS area, but I am also positive that the Xbox360 is lagging behind in terms of sales on RPGs. but then again, there haven't been many RPG's with these new consoles.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-16-2012 at 05:00.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    TBF, were it the other way around; those 8 games would have been made to look like the gap the Pacific Ocean resides in between New Zealand and the US. Let's be honest, this would've been the spin if it were the other way around (in MS' favour). You know it, I know it, vegetable lasagne knows it.
    So instead those 8 games are being made to look like the gap the Pacific Ocean resides in between New Zealand and the US by PS3 fans since its in Sony's favor. And 360 fans would do the same spinning that the PS3 fans are doing right now if it was in MS favor. Thats what it sounds like youre saying here. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-16-2012 at 07:50.

Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    here is a list of games published by sony, a couple are co-published, link is on the bottom.....A few might be on the computer but I dunno.
    http://www.enotes.com/topic/List_of_..._Entertainment

Here is Xbox360 games published by microsoft...a few could be on PC just like above but oh well. points are points.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rosoft_Studios

but to make a debate more clear. Earlier exclusives for Xbox obviously sold more because they had that 1 year head start. but everything should have caught up to each other by now. however, you can still say they had the 1 year head start PLUS the Xbox360 was definitely cheaper compared to the PS3 retail price tag. which also helps exclusives sell more on Xbox360 vs PS3.

But here is another thing. to be a bit more fair you would be better off comparing geners of the games. FPS on the Xbox360 Vs. FPS on the PS3. RPG on the PS3 Vs. RPG on the Xbox360, etc etc etc. i mean, it's pretty clear that the Xbox360 is ahead in the FPS area, but I am also positive that the Xbox360 is lagging behind in terms of sales on RPGs. but then again, there haven't been many RPG's with these new consoles.
    your debate doesnt even make sense. Early games sell better because content is low when a console comes out and there is little to choose from, and that is ragardless of whatever console is out there.

When the ps3 came out exclusives like Warhawk and RFOM sold quite well, just didnt move the same amount of units due to the console not being able to shift as much numbers when compared to the 360. But there were also other releases that failed to deliver like Lair and HS, and on the 360 you had a good number of games not selling as well because of weak reviews.

The one year headstart had absolutely nothing to do with it. If Sony went out there and marketed their games better and released most of them to coincide with either schools closing or at holiday season you would see a good number of sales coming through. But too many a time is it that they have released what would have been a fantastic holiday season exclusive at weird times of the year and with little publicity and it has shown when it came to sales.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Basically this thread is about who's $#@! is bigger.
    Mine is the biggest, for the record.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    your debate doesnt even make sense. Early games sell better because content is low when a console comes out and there is little to choose from, and that is ragardless of whatever console is out there.

When the ps3 came out exclusives like Warhawk and RFOM sold quite well, just didnt move the same amount of units due to the console not being able to shift as much numbers when compared to the 360. But there were also other releases that failed to deliver like Lair and HS, and on the 360 you had a good number of games not selling as well because of weak reviews.

The one year headstart had absolutely nothing to do with it. If Sony went out there and marketed their games better and released most of them to coincide with either schools closing or at holiday season you would see a good number of sales coming through. But too many a time is it that they have released what would have been a fantastic holiday season exclusive at weird times of the year and with little publicity and it has shown when it came to sales.

are you kidding, measure the amount of exclusives to how many consoles sold MAKES all the difference in the beginning. as well as the price factor. Also, it's a FACT 100% FACT that FPS sell more on Xbox compared to console but RPG's do not sell nearly as well on Xbox360 compared to PS3 the crowds are obviously different.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 07-16-2012 at 17:35.

Soldier 95B
    RPG's do not sell nearly as well on Xbox360 compared to PS3
    I wasn't aware of this fact.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    really cause FF sold more on the PS3 I believe unless I am mistaken. lost oddesy didn't sell that much, if it did you would see more of that game right now wouldn't you? exactly.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)

FFXIII was pretty much the only one.

Other than that, the 360 has had tons more RPG's, so by default they sell better LOL
    LMAO

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

Other than that, the 360 has had tons more RPG's, so by default they sell better LOL
    if those other RPG's were on the PS3 I am pretty sure it would have sold better, I think you know it as well. the fact that SE were just stupid to begin with, within this gen of consoles shouldn't be ignored, the point is, is that the FPS market on the 360 is a bit bigger compared to the PS3 but a lot of people on the PS3 were actually wanting RPG's, we just basically got shafted by SE and there rookie business decisions for quite a few years now. lol you wont change my mind on the point that RPG's do and would sell better on the PS3. take a look **opens the door** o.O

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    if those other RPG's were on the PS3 I am pretty sure it would have sold better, I think you know it as well. the fact that SE were just stupid to begin with, within this gen of consoles shouldn't be ignored, the point is, is that the FPS market on the 360 is a bit bigger compared to the PS3 but a lot of people on the PS3 were actually wanting RPG's, we just basically got shafted by SE and there rookie business decisions for quite a few years now. lol you wont change my mind on the point that RPG's do and would sell better on the PS3. the FPS market kind of shows opens this up really, take a look **opens the door** o.O
    I think I can offer ONE reason that potentially the RPG's would have sold worse on the PS3, and this one can be assumed from the past titles out up till this point. Since almost every MP title performed and/or has looked better on the 360 due to porting issues to the PS3, it can be assumed that a lot of sales would go to the better performing version.

So in the end, if the PS3 had gotten those titles, it would have been interesting to see sales and how they related to the versions. FFXIII was a no brainer since the 360 port was so badly done, so who's to say the same wouldn't happen if the 360 had the upper hand?
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

Well, he said it was 100% fact, which it could very well be. I just know that the Xbox 360 sold nearly twice as many copies of Skyrim, more than twice as many Mass Effect 2, nearly 3 times as many Mass Effect 3, a million more Oblivion, about a million more Dragon Age, about 300k more Dragon Age 2, double Risen 2, almost a million more Fallout 3, about 800k more Fallout Vegas...and that doesn't sound the millions of Fable 2, Fable 3..and sales of Witcher 2.

But I don't know all the RPGs. The numbers I got above are from google search.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    if those other RPG's were on the PS3 I am pretty sure it would have sold better, I think you know it as well. the fact that SE were just stupid to begin with, within this gen of consoles shouldn't be ignored, the point is, is that the FPS market on the 360 is a bit bigger compared to the PS3 but a lot of people on the PS3 were actually wanting RPG's, we just basically got shafted by SE and there rookie business decisions for quite a few years now. lol you wont change my mind on the point that RPG's do and would sell better on the PS3. take a look **opens the door** o.O
    Some of the JRPGs that 360 got did eventually come to the PS3 and still sold poorly. As for RPGs in general games like Skyrim for example sold better on the 360. 360 gamers tend to buy western RPGs but shun JRPGs. And FF was in development exclusively for PS3 long before it was announced for 360. The 360 version was then quickly and sloppily ported in order to be able to release simultaneously with the PS3 version. So I can see why most 360 gamers passed on that one.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-16-2012 at 18:01.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well, he said it was 100% fact, which it could very well be. I just know that the Xbox 360 sold nearly twice as many copies of Skyrim, more than twice as many Mass Effect 2, nearly 3 times as many Mass Effect 3, a million more Oblivion, about a million more Dragon Age, about 300k more Dragon Age 2, double Risen 2, almost a million more Fallout 3, about 800k more Fallout Vegas...and that doesn't sound the millions of Fable 2, Fable 3..and sales of Witcher 2. But I don't know all the RPGs. The numbers I got above are from google search.
    QFT Yeah the the old myth that 360 gamers only buy shooters has been debunked many times over.

Superior Member

are you kidding, measure the amount of exclusives to how many consoles sold MAKES all the difference in the beginning. as well as the price factor. Also, it's a FACT 100% FACT that FPS sell more on Xbox compared to console but RPG's do not sell nearly as well on Xbox360 compared to PS3 the crowds are obviously different.
    western RPGs like Fable, Oblivion, Skyrim, ME have all done well on the 360......what has not has been games the jRPGs and some one would say have also struggled on the ps3......Sega released a good RPG (cant remember the name) and it didnt do well, neither did games like Eternal Sonata.

Secondly, you cannot measure how many exclusives to how many consoles sold and make sense of it. last generation, Sony had more than a million established consoles, so there wasnt that huge need to go out there and advertise games on the system, MS with a smaller base and Nintendo did market their games and got some huge sales of some exclusives. That is something that carried into this generation, while you still have a good number of third party developers marketing their titles more aggressively when compared to Sony.

Gears of War, Forza, Halo, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, Fable, Mass effect, Wii sports, games like Shift and others are all big because of the marketing they got and the timing of their release. there is a reason as to why a game like GRAW sold more in its first year compared to RFOM, a reason as to why Gears is biger when compared to any new ps3 title that started this generation.
    xbox live: AcrylicAltair44

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    It didnt get spun for the 4+ years MS did have more exlcusives, so no.
    Not to the ridiculous extent we have things like this....

Lmao thats epic!

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    360 gamers only buy shooters.

18. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by acryllicaltair View Post
    western RPGs like Fable, Oblivion, Skyrim, ME have all done well on the 360......what has not has been games the jRPGs and some one would say have also struggled on the ps3......Sega released a good RPG (cant remember the name) and it didnt do well, neither did games like Eternal Sonata.

Secondly, you cannot measure how many exclusives to how many consoles sold and make sense of it. last generation, Sony had more than a million established consoles, so there wasnt that huge need to go out there and advertise games on the system, MS with a smaller base and Nintendo did market their games and got some huge sales of some exclusives. That is something that carried into this generation, while you still have a good number of third party developers marketing their titles more aggressively when compared to Sony.

Gears of War, Forza, Halo, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, Fable, Mass effect, Wii sports, games like Shift and others are all big because of the marketing they got and the timing of their release. there is a reason as to why a game like GRAW sold more in its first year compared to RFOM, a reason as to why Gears is biger when compared to any new ps3 title that started this generation.
    Whatevaaaaaah! :X

Elite Member
    Well for one, Microsoft markets their games a lot better than Sony. Also, Sony releases an exclusive every few months so they're really only cannibalizing themselves. Finally, I think exclusives sell better on 360 because there are more 360 owners.
    Thanks to Kwesnoth for the sig!

TheCinemaJack Movie Reviews!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    So why does Sony keep making FPS's?
    Why dont they concentrate on JRPG's.
    I know you mean JRPGS, because RPGS sell better on the Xbox.
    HOw many JRPG's has Sony actually published?
    Last edited by mynd; 07-16-2012 at 21:58.

Ancient
    Also you gotta remember not all Sony exclusives are mainstream titles, they release many titles that appeal to niche & mainstream markets, they take a few more risks, whereas MS release exclusive that are guaranteed sellers
    Thats the difference

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Love taking the piss!
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also you gotta remember not all Sony exclusives are mainstream titles, they release many titles that appeal to niche & mainstream markets, they take a few more risks, whereas MS release exclusive that are guaranteed sellers Thats the difference Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Both of those points are very true. In fact in a recent interview a MS executive admitted that very fact.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Also you gotta remember not all Sony exclusives are mainstream titles, they release many titles that appeal to niche & mainstream markets, they take a few more risks, whereas MS release exclusive that are guaranteed sellers
    Thats the difference

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    And this is why I'm always going to own a Sony console.

Not saying it's better, before Soldier or anyone else has a hissy fit (). Just saying I liek that they actively do this instead of being tokenistic (again, not pointing fingers at certain companies here before people freak the $#@! out) and maybe making 1 or 2 downloadable niche games.

Variety is always good.

It just helps when you actually want to play different games rather than just saying Game X, Y or Z sold better than PS3's Game A, B or C.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    And this is why I'm always going to own a Sony console. Not saying it's better, before Soldier or anyone else has a hissy fit (). Just saying I liek that they actively do this instead of being tokenistic (again, not pointing fingers at certain companies here before people freak the $#@! out). It just helps when you actually want to play different games rather than just saying Game X, Y or Z sold better than PS3's Game A, B or C.
    Yeah I do commend Sony for taking risks. And some of their niche games that I was on the fence about turned out to be pretty good. Heavy Rain was one of those.

Thread Information