Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 314
  1. #201
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well I agree with just about everything you just said so....uhhhhh..... Now in saying that I enjoyed the hell out of Halo, Gears and Forza, but more Crackdown, or Rallisport, or Crimson Skies would not go amiss. At the end of the day, we know MS is working on new IP's, but they aren't for the 360. The PS3 is a year younger than the 360 so it would be worrying if Sony was pulling back like MS is. We will just have to wait and see what they bring to the party.
    I would love to see Rallysport and Crimson Skies on the next Xbox.

  2. #202
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,833
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,157 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I would love to see Rallysport and Crimson Skies on the next Xbox.
    4 player Brute Force, some more Kameo...PGR...oh the list goes on.
    Imagine a fully online Crimson Skies....(sighs).

    Guarantee you one thing.....they didn't give Bioware and EA Mass Effect 1 out of the kindness of their heart.

    The next Xbox is likely coming to us with Bungie and Bioware timed exclusives. On top of Cryteks game.... I wouldn't bat an eyelid at Splinter Cell Blacklist making an exclusive next gen port as well.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-19-2012 at 06:59.

  3. #203
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    4 player Brute Force, some more Kameo...PGR...oh the list goes on. Imagine a fully online Crimson Skies....(sighs). Guarantee you one thing.....they didn't give Bioware and EA Mass Effect 1 out of the kindness of their heart. The next Xbox is likely coming to us with Bungie and Bioware timed exclusives. On top of Cryteks game....
    That could very well be. MS will probably start out strong like they did with the 360. And yeah Brute Force got alot of flak but I thought it was a cool game. PGR2 was actually my favorite PGR but I liked them all.

  4. #204
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,833
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    167,157 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Brute force screams 4 player online, like Borderlands.
    $#@!, just get Gearbox to do it.

    Hang on aren't Gearbox long been rumored to be making an Xbox exclusive?

  5. #205
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Brute force screams 4 player online, like Borderlands. $#@!, just get Gearbox to do it. Hang on aren't Gearbox long been rumored to be making an Xbox exclusive?
    I dont know are they? You might be thinking of the Halo 4 rumors. And yeah Brute Force and Crimson Skies would be a blast online.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-19-2012 at 07:10.

  6. #206
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Brute Force was great. I played through that with a mate.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-19-2012 at 07:41.

  7. #207
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I Brute Force was great. I played through that with a mate.
    You did? Wow. Yeah that was a good game. I'd love to see a next gen Brute Force.

  8. #208
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    You did? Wow. Yeah that was a good game. I'd love to see a next gen Brute Force.
    Yeah, I remember thinking how tight the game looked compared to PS2 games. The textures were better and were put together really well with a lot less clipping than what I was used to on PS2.

  9. #209
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Yeah, I remember thinking how tight the game looked compared to PS2 games. The textures were better and were put together really well with a lot less clipping than what I was used to on PS2.
    Yeah Xbox was a good machine. My favorite game on it besides Halo was Elder Scrolls Morrowind. I sank countless hours of my life into it. Best in the series. And the Skyrim expansion Dragonborn gives a serious nod to Morrowind fans. Not only are you in Morrowind but some of the music soundtrack is in it.

  10. #210
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Our discussions here are usually based on what games are "relevant" in this regard. Retail games like Uncharted, Gears etc
    Well, that all depends on who OUR is. My discussions (including others) involves ALL the awesome games, not just $60, Tuesday release, disk based, first party, multimillion dollar releases. Just ONE prime example would be Shadow Complex. I enjoyed that game more than a majority of the Xbox and PS3 first party, tuesday release, disk based, $60 first party, multimillion dollar releases.

    Feel free to narrow down your discussions to a specific subset of game titles as you have. But keep in mind, not all of us will do that. I concentrate on all of the games combined...Xbox Live Indie, Playstation Network, Xbox Live Arcade, $60 retail disc based games, as well as $49 Kinect and Move games.

  11. #211
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,539
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,345 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Maybe its because 360 exclusives are better and superior. Maybe its that Sony gamers love to brag about there exclusives but wont buy them.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  12. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
  13. #212
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,274
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,405 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's like 2007 all over again! lol

  14. Likes Nitey likes this post
  15. #213
    Forum Elder
    Yungstar 2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    tyneside
    Posts
    2,971
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    28,649 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Maybe its that Sony gamers love to brag about there exclusives but wont buy them.
    that Studio Ghibli one looks like its probably the latest on that list.

  16. #214
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Maybe its because 360 exclusives are better and superior.
    lol Totally subjective. Sony just doesn't market its games the way that MS does. But Sony still greenlights alot of sequels so they must be successful enough. And even MS sometimes has exclusives that dont do big numbers like Forza Horizon for example.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 02-15-2013 at 11:02.

  17. #215
    Forum Sage
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,539
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    15,345 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Totally subjective. Sony just doesn't market its games the way that MS does. But Sony still greenlights alot of sequels so they must be successful enough.
    Meh, whatever man.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  18. #216
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Meh, whatever man.
    lol

  19. #217
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol Totally subjective. Sony just doesn't market its games the way that MS does. But Sony still greenlights alot of sequels so they must be successful enough.
    This. It is totally subjective...

    But I could mosey on over to metacritic and pull out some interesting figures that kinda disprove that notion (as far as review scores are concerned) but there's no point. Sony just can't market for $#@!, that's the problem.

  20. #218
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This. It is totally subjective...

    But I could mosey on over to metacritic and pull out some interesting figures that kinda disprove that notion (as far as review scores are concerned) but there's no point. Sony just can't market for $#@!, that's the problem.
    Metacritic means nothing if they don't sell. Sony has some pretty good exclusives and some that just don't matter. It's a mixed bag for sure.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  21. #219
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Sony has some pretty good exclusives and some that just don't matter. It's a mixed bag for sure. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Just like any other console.

  22. #220
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Metacritic means nothing if they don't sell. Sony has some pretty good exclusives and some that just don't matter. It's a mixed bag for sure.



    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    We were talking about subjectiveness mon ami, not so much sales.

  23. #221
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    We were talking about subjectiveness mon ami, not so much sales.
    Well the thread title will disagree with you.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  24. #222
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    31,274
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    117,405 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    that Studio Ghibli one looks like its probably the latest on that list.
    Really? Because it's number 1 on Amazon under RPGs and according to form-goers, sold out in their stores.

    Now, it won't sell like SE games but that's pretty damn good. This happens to Xbox 360 exclusives too...I don't know why you guys have this image that Sony exclusives don't sell lol. Yes, if you have like 20 of them, a bunch of them might not sell as much. That's normal and expected since it's a bigger sample.

    Yes, Sony has made some mistakes such as SOCOM 4 and others I can't remember but that doesn't mean that Sony exclusives don't sell...in fact, they're right up there with MS exclusives in sales. Surely MS exclusive edge out but that's to be expected as those games are primarily for US gamers and they make up for quite a big gaming market.

    We can argue that 3rd party don't sell well either due to sheer number of them...but that wouldn't be looking at the whole picture now...you know what, I know I'm wasting my time here, the minds are made up in here. lol

  25. #223
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Holy Necrobump.

    SOCOM 4 is NOT a mistake. It's the BEST one yet IMO.

  26. #224
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Well the thread title will disagree with you.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Messages 211 onward disagree with you more.

  27. #225
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Messages 211 onward disagree with you more.
    My mom disagrees with your mom.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.