• Get rid

16 45.71%
  • Keep

19 54.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    Agreed, members will start picking each other apart and soon this trend will go into the "normal" sections. Be prepared to receive "trolling" reports by the thousands as now members can tell other members "faction". Some were already obvious now everyone will be out.
    Indeed. This is bound to happen. In fact some of the conversations within the section are almost copy/paste convos that have been discussed in the PS3 Discussion and Xbox 360 sections of old. Just this time people put a bit more personal feelings into them because it's 'gloves off'. Some members in particular are thriving - I quite like it, for the lulz . But it won't lead to anything productive - forum-wise

Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    I bloody hope it will! I guess that's the only way of opening their eyes...

=P

2. Likes Ghost , Kuro likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Is that a reference to me resembling The Joker? :P

4. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Lol and the 360 fans are crying because they starting to work out ps3 is a better system.
    No offense but you sound just as bad as him right now. Youre a staff member now and you should be setting an example. And like Ghost said, better system is subjective.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-14-2012 at 16:29.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    The home truth is this...That everything is 100% subjective and there is no best console. The best console is that which meets the expectations and gaming needs of consumer. Period. I have fun debating it but I have always maintained (and I know at least Soldier remembers this sentiment from me) that what it really comes down to is the fulfillment of the gamer, and all this preference $#@! and feelings of superiority is completely subjective. Anyone who truly believes that a console is better than any other outside the playful competitive banter that might be seen between soccer fans of opppsing teams needs to get their head checked. My home truths are just as much of a stinking fart to you as yours are to me, that's the reality of it. The content of that section, or the points made in it are not what i am having issue with, but rather the spirit that brews in there and will end up seeping into the rest of the forum.
    All good points. I have no problem with that section but your concerns are certainly valid. And I also agree that the "better" console is definitely subjective.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    No offense but you sound just as bad as him right now. Youre a staff member now and you should be setting an example. And like Ghost said, better system is subjective.
    Sorry guess i shouldnt of gone through with his flame baiting, but yes both consoles are equal, hence why i have both and enjoy both.

You also cut out the part where i said owning both was the best choice?

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran

Serious business, the internet is.

Gaming on all platforms right now.

9. Likes RaY_210 , F34R likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Btw i think this section will last a month or so, then one side will get bored, because its new is only reason theres alot of posts

Thank you itachi

Supreme Veteran
    Btw i think this section will last a month or so, then one side will get bored, because its new is only reason theres alot of posts
    I agree with that, people will eventually get sick of it and stop posting, to which we'll see that part of the forum go bye bye and it won't matter to anybody. Nobody will need to be upset anymore.

Dat Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    I agree with that, people will eventually get sick of it and stop posting, to which we'll see that part of the forum go bye bye and it won't matter to anybody. Nobody will need to be upset anymore.
    Right now its just built up rage from last few years, once its gone, mine has gone already! I know i wont be posting here again

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Sorry guess i shouldnt of gone through with his flame baiting, but yes both consoles are equal, hence why i have both and enjoy both. You also cut out the part where i said owning both was the best choice?
    Yeah you did say that. I only cut it out to hone in on the part of your post that I was addressing. My PS3 browser wont let me highlight stuff. Sorry about that. I wasnt trying to be deliberately selective in what I quoted from you.

Supreme Veteran
    Right now its just built up rage from last few years, once its gone, mine has gone already! I know i wont be posting here again
    What rage?

Why should anybody be mad? Unless an individual is attacked I see no issue, they're corporations who make gaming consoles. We say things we do not even care about, I called the 360 a 3 fix me and the PS3 PS Tr3y because if I did it in the regular forums I'd get an infraction, it's just for laughs and people should not get mad because the nature is to have fun.

Dat Guy
    What rage?

Why should anybody be mad? Unless an individual is attacked I see no issue, they're corporations who make gaming consoles. We say things we do not even care about, I called the 360 a 3 fix me and the PS3 PS Tr3y because if I did it in the regular forums I'd get an infraction, it's just for laughs and people should not get mad because the nature is to have fun.
    Lol i grew up during the Sega/Nintendo console wars, people say debate is heated nowadays should of grown up then!

But yeah over all its for a laugh.

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    What rage? Why should anybody be mad? Unless an individual is attacked I see no issue, they're corporations who make gaming consoles. We say things we do not even care about, I called the 360 a 3 fix me and the PS3 PS Tr3y because if I did it in the regular forums I'd get an infraction, it's just for laughs and people should not get mad because the nature is to have fun.
    Yeah I honestly think that anybody that is actually upset or has "rage" over that section is probably too emotionally attatched to their console of choice. I would suggest going outside for awhile, breathe some fresh air and grab some sunlight. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Lol i grew up during the Sega/Nintendo console wars, people say debate is heated nowadays should of grown up then!

But yeah over all its for a laugh.
    I remember those days but it was amongst friends we'd dispute games.

I've been gaming since 1983.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    The poll is looking in favor of it staying but this tread is saying other wise...

Until things get completely out of control doesnt bother me if you dont like it dont support it.

If trolling and other things spread in that section and into other sections then yes it needs to be put down. At the end of the day if the mods arent seeing anything crazy and its under control then whatever they think is best im in not position to tell any of them how to run th forum.

its too soon to see if there will be future problems with the section its only been a week if that.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    PS3 Vs. 360 section is bad for the forum IMO. Jokingly or not, it encourages fanboyism. Fanboyism is destructive to the forum because it divides members and keeps the forum fragmented. We need to have an inclusive feeling in the forum...you know, one that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Supreme Veteran
    Wouldn't that kind of be like everybody being dull and agreeing with one another universally?

21. Likes Ixion likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Wouldn't that kind of be like everybody being dull and agreeing with one another universally?
    Yeah that would be pretty boring. Imagine every single thread with everybody posting "yes Sony is the best", "I agree Sony rules," "+rep PS3 pwns the other consoles." Rinse and repeat. Civilized debate is what keeps a forum interesting.

Supreme Veteran
    I think some people actually want that and assume because this is PSU it should be that way but many of us are PS3 owners here and think the competition does a lot of things right (as well as wrong) too.

Heck maybe I'm not the best example but I prefer the competitors console more and I've explained that a number of times as to why over the years but we need guys like me here to keep things interesting, whilst being civilized and remain respectful at the same time however.

Forums thrive with discussion but just like with cars, men/women, movies, food, colors, art, etc... we all like different things, it's the way of the world.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    bolderdash
    There is a difference between stopping fanyboyism and universal agreement. Take for example:

fanboyism is just making blanket statements like console A pwns console B just because...console B sucks $#@!! lololol.

thats not good discussion and its not really a valid dissent for me. Something better would be console A is better than console B because of reasons X,Y, and Z. you don't have to agree, but we don't need sheep following of a console.

Somebody get me a doctor, I ain't feelin' ill ...But I ain't feelin' this at all...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think some people actually want that and assume because this is PSU it should be that way but many of us are PS3 owners here and think the competition does a lot of things right (as well as wrong) too. Heck maybe I'm not the best example but I prefer the competitors console more and I've explained that a number of times as to why over the years but we need guys like me here to keep things interesting, whilst being civilized and remain respectful at the same time however. Forums thrive with discussion but just like with cars, men/women, movies, food, colors, art, etc... we all like different things, it's the way of the world.
    Yeah the sad thing is that youre right about some people wanting that. But those type of forums end up not doing well and the posting quality quickly declines. Debate is good and so are different perspectives. As long as its all done with mutual respect. The mods will deal with those that are incapable of following those guidelines.

Ultimate Veteran
    You know as well as I do that the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 section is entirely dependent on how users handle themselves. As long as you remember to back up your posts and refrain from posting personal insults then we shouldn't have any problems.

This is really the same old routine brought on by the community every time something new gets implemented. Furthermore, it's hard to make a decision that benefits the majority of the users here when we get mixed messages on whether we're being too strict or lenient. Do you want to kick back and relax or does everything need to be serious business?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-14-2012 at 18:22.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

27. Likes Ixion , 33x , DeviousOne , A7 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Dark SoulsDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    You know as well as I do that the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 section is entirely dependent on how users handle themselves. As long as you remember to back up your posts and refrain from posting personal insults then we shouldn't have any problems.

This is really the same old routine brought on by the community every time something new gets implemented. Furthermore, it's hard to make a decision that benefits the majority of the users here when we get mixed messages on whether we're being too strict or lenient. Do you want to kick back and relax or does everything need to be serious business?
    This is nothing like the same old routine you're trying to imply here.

This is not simply a "feature" but a free pass to turn into the typical "my console is better" fanboy again - which will definitely swap into the other forums sooner or later. Just when I thought we'd be over that stage.

I think that's why it's bothering people so much. Of course we can just leave it be and not visit the section but I will bet my ass that it won't stay in that section. And by the time you realize that it'll be too late already.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I just think it's futile...like a dog chasing its own tale. People go in that mother $#@!er holding their preference and opinion and try to express why their $#@! is better than other $#@!, when really...as i said, its completely subjective...there is no absolute, its all comes down to the person...its like arguing how much milk and sugar you should have in your coffee lol.

"Ha! you should have 2 cubes of sugar and no milk...thats the best...(aka thats what I like personally)"
    "LOL whatever...one cube and milk, it's wayyyyyy better..."
    "haha you only have one cube? pffft...obviously inferior...smh"

30. Likes Wrath likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    The section has ten threads; each thread is a joke in its own entirely. Everyone knows it. The section was fun at first but ultimately it is pointless and should just be removed. There's a thing called integrity.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

32. Likes Two4DaMoney , Wrath , Ghost likes this post

Thread Information