• Keep

19 54.29%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Poll needs a dont give a $#@!, wont use it option. Saying that: I'm starting to notice a major trend around here, and its getting rather ridiculous. Everytime they change something, no matter how small it is, we have people $#@!ing about it without even giving it a chance. Sometimes you can SEE its for the benefit of this place, and we still complain. Weren't we at one point getting frustrated cause no changes were happening? At least they seem to care now. We need to start following the "dont like it, dont use it" as some kind of forum code.
    I agree. We have so many whiners here that the new forum code should be damned if you do damned if you dont. If you dont like that section then just stay out of there. Whats the big deal? At least give it a chance.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-15-2012 at 17:16.

Still NOT Better Than Cuguy
    Items Bruce WillisBrad PittChristian BaleInfinity WardGoogle ChromeModern Warfare 3AppleFacebook LogoUser name style
    If people are really upset that a forum exists, I'll make a new user group for you so you never see it.

Or you could click the little arrow next to it and never see it again. Out of sight out of mind.

Add me on Steam: VintageElise

3. Likes 33x likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    I personally think thread like this:

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...S3-or-Xbox-360

Shows the section can be useful and "non fanboyish" the integrity of the forum is based on its members not by ONE feature or section
    Last edited by DeviousOne; 07-15-2012 at 17:30.

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    I personally think thread like this: http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...S3-or-Xbox-360 Show the section can be useful and "non fanboyish" the integrity of the forum is based on its members not by ONE feature or section
    I knew it was that thread before I even hit the link. And I agree when I first read that thread I thought the exact same thing. That section as a whole has actually been quite civil imo.

Dedicated Member
    I think it's ok as long as it doesn't attract "the 10 year old" in every member in here

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    The fanboy forum could turn out to be a bad or a good idea. Either way it needs some time to be tested, it's been up only for a couple of days.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

8. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Veteran
    The main reason to KEEP IT is those posts in Discussions that are obviously flamebait can be quickly moved to the PS3vs360. It has kinda been the main forum around here for several years anyway LOL!
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Master Sage
    Items Firefox LogoBruce LeeArsenal
    I don't care if it's there or if it isn't there anymore.. so I accidentally chose get rid.. oh well. The only reason I may want it gone though is so that we can have the screen real estate be taken up by Nintendo, PC and 360 sections.

But @the people complaining about the people who complain... In the "old days" people here used to give opinions on updates and it was never considered bad.. now it's referred to as "$#@!ing"? Being ungrateful is another thing (very few here are ungrateful) but is it really bad nowadays on this forum to offer opinions on updates? It used to be commonplace here back in the day.
    Last edited by Firefox; 07-16-2012 at 20:54.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Hard to say for me.

While it is a good way of exposing fanboys and surprisingly a good amount of long time members are rabid ones, that have simply learnt to blend in and not be so obvious; I think the reason it was made was to keep heated discussions out of the other sections.

The effect remains to be seen.

I say keep it, for now and assess it's effectiveness.

It would be moot to keep it if it's intended purpose has failed.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    NO NO NO. Clearly states in the guidelines for the thread, if you start personal jibing or insults, I will ban offending members from posting in that thread.

It is LOL thread. If anyone puts serious $#@! in there and starts derailing the discussions acting all butthurt, I will give them the forum experience they want. One without the thread.
    my bad, i saw some stuff in here which was flamebait, so i was just saying!

Sorry BAWSS!!

i want the section KEPT fyi

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    I don't care if it's there or if it isn't there anymore.. so I accidentally chose get rid.. oh well. The only reason I may want it gone though is so that we can have the screen real estate be taken up by Nintendo, PC and 360 sections.

But @the people complaining about the people who complain... In the "old days" people here used to give opinions on updates and it was never considered bad.. now it's referred to as "$#@!ing"? Being ungrateful is another thing (very few here are ungrateful) but is it really bad nowadays on this forum to offer opinions on updates? It used to be commonplace here back in the day.
    There are just too many things wrong with members explaining what's wrong nowadays.

Soldier 95B
    There are too many people with guns holding their guns to members heads forcing them to read a section they don't have to. Call 911.

15. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    There are too many people with guns holding their guns to members heads forcing them to read a section they don't have to. Call 911.
    Yeah, if you can't handle the heat, then stay out of it.

As long as the bickering stays out of the other threads (where such bickering is not called for) then I'm happy for it to stay.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

17. Likes Yungstar 2006, DeviousOne likes this post
    Forum Sage
    I'd vote to get rid of it.

But I don't think it's a terrible idea. Hell, it's like no holds barred for people who really really enjoy... arguing about that kind of stuff. I'm sure it's purpose is to keep that crap out of the normal forums.

Thread Information