Latest PSU headlines:

Apprentice

Thinking of buying a used or refurbished ps2 please read for some very important info

Ok so i was reading here the post on refurbished ps2 consoles and to buy them from stores like gamestop well i can give you some advice here check the SCPH Model number let me explain consoles with earlier numbers have issues with the drive lens.

Here is what to purchase:

1. have the store check the SCPH model number here is what they mean.

Scph-30001 are the ps2 fat decks that contain the faulty drive gear where the console stops reading disks all disks
    anything after this number scph-34001 is ok but nothing below.

Ok now for thin decks look at the back of the deck and look for the dial-up modem port along with the lan port these are first generation slim ps2 decks they work ok but be forwarned that these decks where known for burning out lasers because of a tricky laser on the drive

look for a thin deck that has no modem port they only have the lan port the lan port only is key this deck is a second generation ps2 slim

the third generation are your special edition ps2 systems that are colored blue red green in japan so forth

2. Likes Thorzilla, Fenix wishes they had posted this first.
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Good advice.

I've had 4 PS2's of all different models and 3 of the lasers have either died or are dying.
    Just some obvious, but important advice:
    If the only way you can get a PS2 is second hand, I recommend get it from a games store or pawn shop... They should have some kind of warranty on it. Don't just get one from a flea market or eBay unless it's brand new

Via Tapatalk

PS4/PS3/X360/WiiU/PC/3DS/PSV

4. Likes Fenix wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Geez, PS2s are trickier then I expected.. been looking for a good one since Christmas but I never know if its worth it. Especially since gamestop nowhere around me carries one. :/

Wish I knew what was wrong with my PS2 Phat though, put it away and all of a sudden it wont even turn on lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I've only ever had 1 PS2 (phat - Silver), still working today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I always thought the phat's were better than the slim's still got my black phat one works great.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

PSN ID
    Arashi1700
    Sorry for bringing this back up, but the 50001 series of Fat PS2`s are among the best, ive had mine for about 7 years and the only maintenance its needed was a bit of a clean up of the Lens and it kept running, they are also a bit simple to fix than the 30001 series.

Thread Information