Latest PSU headlines:

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by JVH View Post
    Lol, what are you talking about ? Sales, personal preference, graphics or what ? In my opinion sony exlusives beats all 360 exlusives by miles with one exeption and that is Forza. GT5 still beats it but just barely.
    I'm not going to debate opinion one way or another so I wont argue the first part of your post. But GT5 only beats Forza 4 slightly in graphics (though Forza 4 is no slouch) as far as lighting, some of the premium cars (again slightly and mostly due to lighting not detail ) and driving physics but Forza has better DLC support, more online modes, more customization options, car auctions and user generated content. I'll take that over slightly better lighting anytime. IMO GT5 is very bare bones. Its a pretty game with great driving physics (better than Forza) but Forza 4 has more meat and potatoes. And I'm saying this as a long time GT fan.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-12-2012 at 21:27.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    ps3 has nooooo gamesss

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    In my opinion the quality of the exclusives on both consoles are pretty close but Sony has more of those AAA exclusives than MS does. The XBLA titles that people throw out there dont imo stack up to retail exclusives like Gears or Halo or Uncharted and Killzone for example.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    what sony head 2 head exclusive beats Halo, Forza, Crackdown or Fable? i could go on...

while Sony may have the most exclusives they are a long way from being the best exclusives.
    See thats why I said its depends on taste, but for instance in the eyes of IGN no 360 game matches MGS4 & Uncharted 3
    Subjective thats not

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    See thats why I said its depends on taste, but for instance in the eyes of IGN no 360 game matches MGS4 & Uncharted 3 Subjective thats not Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    But IGN is just another opinion. So yes, its still all subjective. And you can propably find a site that disagrees with IGN. Just because a gaming site feels a certain way it doesn't make it a fact. Their opinions arent anymore valid than ours just because they write reviews for a gaming site.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-11-2012 at 18:38.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But IGN is just another opinion. So yes, its still all subjective. And you can propably find a site that disagrees with IGN. Just because a gaming site feels a certain way it doesn't make it a fact. Their opinions arent anymore valid than ours just because they write reviews for a gaming site.
    Yeah I totally agree, been saying that for years
    the only difference is their opinion gets printed on the box to sell the product
    But as I said before, its very hard to say
    A game that IGN( Just using them as an example) gives a 3/10 somebody could have a opinion thats its better then any game thats receive a 10/10
    Its the "one mans treasure is anothers garbage"
    But the majority opinion is those games stand above anything this gen on consoles
    But its still only a opinion that not everyone will agree with

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah I totally agree, been saying that for years the only difference is their opinion gets printed on the box to sell the product But as I said before, its very hard to say A game that IGN( Just using them as an example) gives a 3/10 somebody could have a opinion thats its better then any game thats receive a 10/10 Its the "one mans treasure is anothers garbage" But the majority opinion is those games stand above anything this gen on consoles But its still only a opinion that not everyone will agree with Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    I agree. In my experience I think most PS3 games offer a better SP experience while most 360 games offer a better online experience. Again subjective of course.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I agree. In my experience I think most PS3 games offer a better SP experience while most 360 games offer a better online experience. Again subjective of course.
    Probably why I prefer Playstation games, to me online is a afterthought and base the game solely on it SP, A good online to me is just a bonus

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Probably why I prefer Playstation games, to me online is a afterthought and base the game solely on it SP, A good online to me is just a bonus Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah I enjoy a little MP but I play alot more SP. I pay very little for Live so I'm cool with that because of the online features but I would never pay anywhere close to full price because I dont play enough MP to make it worth the money. I do enjoy Motorstorm Apocolypse and Uncharted 3 co-op arena online though.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-11-2012 at 19:22.

Forum Elder
    for instance in the eyes of IGN no 360 game matches MGS4 & Uncharted 3
    IGN's Halo:Reach says hello..

Forum Elder
    Lol, what are you talking about ? Sales, personal preference, graphics or what ? In my opinion sony exlusives beats all 360 exlusives by miles with one exeption and that is Forza. GT5 still beats it but just barely.
    well.... since you mention it, you say miles. i'll take that to mean by a very big margin.
    tell me what Sony game has beat say.... Halo, by miles in sales and grafix?

Soldier 95B
    Lots of opinions and no facts.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Lots of opinions and no facts.
    You can say a lot of facts....

Uncharted 3 has a more detailed environment.
    Halo Reach has a larger environment.

Stuff like that.

Apprentice
    well.... since you mention it, you say miles. i'll take that to mean by a very big margin.
    tell me what Sony game has beat say.... Halo, by miles in sales and grafix?
    So it´s sales and grapichs then ? I actually don´t know but the GT games have sold alot of copies for sony since the ps1 came out.
    Grapichs I would say Uncharted, Killzone, God of War. But it´s impossible to discuss opinion.
    For me, I prefer Sonys lineup. I hate Halo-games so anything beats them, Forza is great and I play it alot but I prefer GT5... (even if Forza have more DLC and so on)

Ancient
    IGN's Halo:Reach says hello..
    Yeah what about it, they scored it 9.5?
    Not why you mention it.....:-/
    Thou I'd say the lines between a 10/10 & 9.5/10 are very blurred
    Depending on taste or opinion its valid to believe a game like Halo Reach is better then GTA4, U3 or MGS4.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    You can say a lot of facts....

Uncharted 3 has a more detailed environment.
    Halo Reach has a larger environment.

Stuff like that.
    Indeed facts CAN be said, but alas, they are not being said. That is until you just commented

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Superior Member
    The games with the most interest around here are all third party games. Speaking for myself, I haven't played an exclusive game on either my PS3 or 360 in a while. I tried Ratchet & Clank but quit after 10 minutes and haven't played it since.

There are good exclusives on both consoles but none of which would persuade me to buy one console over the other. I believe it's more about the features and services than anything else. This whole exclusive thing is a red herring used by both sides to combat the other.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The games with the most interest around here are all third party games. Speaking for myself, I haven't played an exclusive game on either my PS3 or 360 in a while. I tried Ratchet & Clank but quit after 10 minutes and haven't played it since.

There are good exclusives on both consoles but none of which would persuade me to buy one console over the other. I believe it's more about the features and services than anything else. This whole exclusive thing is a red herring used by both sides to combat the other.
    Well, I´ve bought a ps3 at launch just for motorstorm and I bought a 360 just for Forza and several of my friends (about 8 of them) got both consoles just for exlusives.
    None of us cares about features and services as long as we can play online against eachother.
    So yeah, in my case, exclusives matters...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The games with the most interest around here are all third party games. Speaking for myself, I haven't played an exclusive game on either my PS3 or 360 in a while. I tried Ratchet & Clank but quit after 10 minutes and haven't played it since. There are good exclusives on both consoles but none of which would persuade me to buy one console over the other. I believe it's more about the features and services than anything else. This whole exclusive thing is a red herring used by both sides to combat the other.
    This whole exclusive thing is so blown out proportion. First it was RROD being beaten to death then that got resolved, then it was graphics but then 360 proved it could do the same things (though some of the rabid die hards still argue against that), then it was OMG MS has abandoned the core for casual games but now this xmas Sony's 1st party lineup is casual games and MS xmas first party lineup is hardcore games so now its on to we have more exclusives. So PS3 fans will now continue to beat that tired drum for awhile. And yeah the 360 guys come up with their own kind of stuff too I know.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-12-2012 at 22:17.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    If you want to talk facts.....

PS3 has more FPS's.
    PS3's developers were ordered to make games more realistic.
    Most of these FPS's failed.

Xbox is seen as the FPS console, despite only having one franchise that is FPS.

/Yeah who said we should talk logic around here...cause that happens a lot......not.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

21. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    If you want to talk facts..... PS3 has more FPS's. PS3's developers were ordered to make games more realistic. Most of these FPS's failed. Xbox is seen as the FPS console, despite only having one franchise that is FPS. /Yeah who said we should talk logic around here...cause that happens a lot......not.
    Good points.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    These are exclusive I have played that interest me

PS3:
    InFamous 1&2
    WKC1&2
    Valkyria Chronicles
    Demons Souls
    Tales of Grace F
    Uncharted
    Heavy Rain

Xbox360:
    Tales of Vesperia(NA only not sure about EU)
    Halo:Reach
    Alan Wake
    Fable 2&3
    Blue Dragon
    Lost Odyssey

I have to say if you made me choose best exclusive it'll be Lost Odyssey. I think MS dropped the ball with letting mistwalker go with this series. There was def more potential to turn this in to the next FF for Xbox only. Alan Wake was a very welcome breath of air in this gen because I see it as the only true horror type game of this gen. InFamous is a very very close second because that was special.

To wrap it up both have very good exclusives. I look forward to the rest this gen and next.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III

PS3 has more FPS's.

/Yeah who said we should talk logic around here...cause that happens a lot......not.
    touché!!

Apprentice

PS3 has more FPS's.

Logic rarely shows on the internet.
    Which developers were ordered to make more realistic games ?
    I´m not sure, but talking exclusives, don´t the ps3 have more games in every genre ?

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I think it was NaughtyDog that said they were asked to make Drake/Uncharted more realistic

Thread Information