Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 477
  1. #301
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Comparisons like these are for people like me. Having both consoles and getting to know which version has x, which has y, etc., is good for making a decision on which system has the better outing so to speak. Contrary to how these comparisons fall into the hands of single console owners.
    Exactly. If I'm paying $60 bucks for a game and I have both consoles then I want the best version. Be it the 360 version or the PS3 version.

  2. #302
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    That's exactly what Lens of Truth is, a site that literally zooms in to see the difference between two games. While there is a difference(Won't deny that fact), it's not as much(Or bad) as people think. I'm wondering why you would say that in response to my comment.
    Oh ok. No, that wasnt directed at you specifically. It was a general statement. I can see why you thought that now so I apologise for the miscommunication. My bad. As for the comparison sites I dont base my purchases on what they say anyway. I'm merely stating my experiences. If someone chooses to disbelieve me thats fine by me. Doesnt change my experience. And I did say in most cases these days theyre pretty close. My only point was that its not always "slightly" or "minor." Sometimes the difference is quite noticable. Again I say sometimes. Thats all. And once in awhile the PS3 gets the better version too.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 07:02.

  3. #303
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    The PS3 had a slight edge in frame rate, this is true.
    Missing effects is something I find hard to believe, and I cant find any mention of them.
    The only thing I know of that is significantly different is the SSAO.
    And that's simply because the 360 version had to do it on the GPU buffer, while the PS3 did it on the SPU's at a lower res (like Uncharted does).


    The general opinion? Around here?
    I owned Paradise, and while it was a good game, it hardly pushed the 360, and i certainly don't recall any issues with it.
    I certainly remember it be lauded as the first game to really allow parity.
    But only parity. Its was 99.9% identical.
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/
    Here, funny enough this was posted here too

    And from IGN's insider Head2head of Burnout
    Burnout Paradise is an amazing technical feat and looks great on both systems. The absence of loading screens, the rock solid framerate, the detail on car models, and the sheer speed at which everything is rendered is a stunning achievement. That being said, there are some small but noticeable differences that make the PS3 the clear choice in this category. You'll notice that while colors seem a little more subdued on the PS3 (we were playing with identical screen brightness settings), there is generally a bit more detail in the environments, especially in town with lots of objects being rendered in a comparatively small area.

    Likewise, the draw distance is a little cleaner and more distinct in the PS3 version. The 360 version also has a fair amount of pop-in, especially with distant objects. I also found cars in traffic would sometimes add-in a last layer of texture detail as I got closer to them in the 360 version. There's some pop-in in the PS3 version too, but generally speaking, it's much less noticeable, restricted to a tree or some bushes in the background. The PS3 had the slight edge in lighting effects in as well, with some interesting refraction or glint happening at almost all times on your car model, while the 360's lighting seems a little less pronounced.

    While both versions of the game run at rock solid framerates, it did seem like the PS3's was a little bit faster, running silky smooth at high speeds. The 360 version is an admirable production but the framerate does seem slightly slower than the PS3's, with an occasional hitch at high speeds. This isn't something to be too concerned about as both version look and feel great at top speed, and most people probably won't ever see a difference unless switching back and forth on an HD monitor. Also, some people may actually prefer the overall look of the 360 version because colors seem to pop a little more brightly from the screen, but otherwise, the game is just a bit more detailed, smoother, and better lit on the PS3. Both versions really do look great, but the edge has to go to the PS3 here.
    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by TGO; 08-16-2012 at 07:04.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  4. #304
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    See Thats where we start dishing out the "well thats your opinion" as I do not find Skyrim graphically impressive at all
    Yep we do disagree there no doubt. Just like I dont think FF on PS3 is graphically impressive at all. No big deal. And I notice that you like to keep reminding me that my posts are all my opinion so now let me remind you that your posts are all your opinion as well in case you forgot and thought you were spouting gospel fact. lol Anything any of us post here is our opinion so its kind of pointless to just throw that out there in a futile attempt to somehow invalidate another posters preference that you dont like.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 07:05.

  5. #305
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/ Here, funny enough this was posted here too And from IGN's insider Head2head of Burnout Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    See now that game I would get on PS3. Wins graphically and is on one bluray disc.

  6. #306
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep we do disagree there no doubt. Just like I dont think FF on PS3 is graphically impressive at all. No big deal. And I notice that you like to keep reminding me that my posts are all my opinion so now let me remind you that your posts are all your opinion as well in case you forgot and thought you were spouting gospel fact. lol Anything any of us post here is our opinion so its kind of pointless to just throw that out there in a futile attempt to somehow invalidate another posters preference that you dont like.
    No I just don't think I have a right to say what you believe is wrong, you may truly believe that
    You see some pretty girls with some goddam ugly blokes sometimes and they think he is good looking, thats their opinion
    Just like in my opinion there are better looking games
    As for FF? I'd say its a pretty game and very polished but it could be better from a technical point of view, IMO


    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  7. #307
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,412
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,047 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head...ot-comparison/
    Here, funny enough this was posted here too
    As I have said, SSAO is more pronounced, the missing effects? A reflection map?
    Could be to do with a SPU created reflection map, granted, but then LA Noire must have sent how many years as a PS3 exclusive?


    And from IGN's insider Head2head of Burnout


    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Burnout, I'll stick with someone who actually did a frame-rate anaylsis. "seems like" is too subjective a term for me.
    TBH I didn't even know IGN did head to heads, I can see why they stopped them.

    A couple of points,both Paradise and LA Noire led with the PS3.
    In fact LA Noire from my understanding was slated as an exclusive for a very long time.

    I'll fire it up tonight and look for said reflections in cars.

    Criterion led with the PS3, and ported it to the 360.
    This was also very early on and their first attempt. A draw distance pop in isn't exactly a technical or graphical achievement beyond and arbitrary distance developers choose to use. The only time it comes into play is if it impacts on frame rate.

    Have you perhaps looked at more modern Criterion titles? AKA Hot pursuit.

    There will always be the odd title that is the exception to the rule, and its usually because of some issue or an other, but when you can quote maybe 2 titles and I can quote 300?
    This late in to the generation their really isn't much of an excuse as to why the PS3 lacks AA etc.
    Last edited by mynd; 08-16-2012 at 07:27.

  8. #308
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    As I have said, SSAO is more pronounced, the missing effects? A reflection map?
    Could be to do with a SPU created reflection map, granted, but then LA Noire must have sent how many years as a PS3 exclusive?



    Burnout, I'll stick with someone who actually did a frame-rate anaylsis. "seems like" is too subjective a term for me.
    TBH I didn't even know IGN did head to heads, I can see why they stopped them.

    A couple of points,both Paradise and LA Noire led with the PS3.
    In fact LA Noire fomr my understanding was slated as n exclusive for a very long time.

    Creiterion led with the PS3, and ported it to the 360.
    This wa salso very early on and their first attempt.

    Have you perhaps looked at more modern Criterion titles? AKA Most Wanted?
    Or an actual released game like Hot Pursuit which was identical even down to colour coding which is usually so off in comparisons

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  9. #309
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    No I just don't think I have a right to say what you believe is wrong, you may truly believe that You see some pretty girls with some goddam ugly blokes sometimes and they think he is good looking, thats their opinion Just like in my opinion there are better looking games As for FF? I'd say its a pretty game and very polished but it could be better from a technical point of view, IMO Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly. And I dont believe I have a right to say what you believe is wrong either. See? We agree on something. lol But yeah it all comes down to opinions and tastes.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 07:37.

  10. #310
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    113,254 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Oh ok. No, that wasnt directed at you specifically. It was a general statement. I can see why you thought that now so I apologise for the miscommunication. My bad. As for the comparison sites I dont base my purchases on what they say anyway. I'm merely stating my experiences. If someone chooses to disbelieve me thats fine by me. Doesnt change my experience. And I did say in most cases these days theyre pretty close. My only point was that its not always "slightly" or "minor." Sometimes the difference is quite noticable. Again I say sometimes. Thats all. And once in awhile the PS3 gets the better version too.
    My statements are also from experience, especially with the recent experience I've had with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which graphically looks like crap regardless of console but performs just about the same as the PS3 version. I'm not trying to debunk what you believe and yes, there are few games like Skyrim and Rage(From recent memory), that do have noticeable differences(Former suffered from severe lags, glitches, etc.. and the latter had a slow time loading textures and blurred a lot in some instances), but that's not the case with the majority of third party games hence why I keep reiterating about both versions not being all that different.







  11. #311
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,412
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,047 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Or an actual released game like Hot Pursuit which was identical even down to colour coding which is usually so off in comparisons

    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    LOL, yeah I meant hot pursuit. Doh!

    Heres an interesting quote from Criterion....

    Alex Fry: Paradise really did not stress the CPUs of these consoles. There's an awful lot of room left.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...art-two?page=2

  12. #312
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    My statements are also from experience, especially with the recent experience I've had with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier which graphically looks like crap regardless of console but performs just about the same as the PS3 version. I'm not trying to debunk what you believe and yes, there are few games like Skyrim and Rage(From recent memory), that do have noticeable differences(Former suffered from severe lags, glitches, etc.. and the latter had a slow time loading textures and blurred a lot in some instances), but that's not the case with the majority of third party games hence why I keep reiterating about both versions not being all that different.
    Sounds like you and I agree more than we both thought on this topic because I agree 100 percent with what you just said here. I think initially we just misunderstood what each other was saying.

  13. #313
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,145
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    113,254 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Sounds like you and I agree more than we both thought on this topic because I agree 100 percent with what you just said here. I think initially we just misunderstood what each other was saying.
    Cool beans. The last thing I want is some sort of tension between us over a misunderstanding. You're one of my favorites here!.







  14. #314
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by FonFahbre View Post
    Cool beans. The last thing I want is some sort of tension between us over a misunderstanding. You're one of my favorites here!.
    Thanks. Same here bro. Definitley.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 08:33.

  15. #315
    Supreme Veteran
    A7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,986
    Rep Power
    126
    Points
    3,355 (3,044 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

  16. Likes Ghost , Nitey likes this post
  17. #316
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    lol That was awesome. Spot on.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 20:56.

  18. #317
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    Neogaf-E3 2012
    That was funny, but Startrek one was spot on
    Last edited by TGO; 08-16-2012 at 20:21.

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  19. Likes Admartian , Ghost likes this post
  20. #318
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,342
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,531 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post

    lol...too funny.

  21. Likes A7 likes this post
  22. #319
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Neogaf-E3 2012 That was funny, but Startrek one was spot on
    lol And of course you just felt like you needed to retaliate with a MS one didnt ya? Too funny.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 20:58.

  23. #320
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Neogaf-E3 2012
    That was funny, but Startrek one was spot on
    lol Gaf come up with amazing gifs.

  24. #321
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,270
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    47,349 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Neogaf-E3 2012
    That was funny, but Startrek one was spot on
    Can't see it...blocked.

    But I'm sure it's funny.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  25. #322
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    ROFL! That is $#@!ing epic!!

  26. Likes A7 likes this post
  27. #323
    Ancient
    TGO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    purgatory
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,506
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    13,297 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    lol And of course you just felt like you needed to retaliate with a MS one didnt ya? Too funny.
    sadly there was a lot of MS & Nintendo ones this year and A7MD posted the Sony one so...as you can tell alot went into that TLOU one thou the irony in it is funny too, gif of a new game going on about where's the games?
    Still funny and well put togather thou lol
    Usher ones were good, thou the best one is a little too big to post lol
    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

    "Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

  28. #324
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    sadly there was a lot of MS & Nintendo ones this year and A7MD posted the Sony one so...as you can tell alot went into that TLOU one thou the irony in it is funny too, gif of a new game going on about where's the games? Still funny and well put togather thou lol Usher ones were good, thou the best one is a little too big to post lol Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Usher and Wonder book were horrible E3 moments. And games titles like TLOU are almost a full year away. I think A7 might be referring to Sony's lack of any major worthwhile PS3 exclusives for the rest of this year. He is spot on about that.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 08-16-2012 at 22:52.

  29. #325
    Soldier 95B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    sadly there was a lot of MS & Nintendo ones this year and A7MD posted the Sony one so...as you can tell alot went into that TLOU one thou the irony in it is funny too, gif of a new game going on about where's the games?
    Still funny and well put togather thou lol
    Usher ones were good, thou the best one is a little too big to post lol
    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
    Indeed. Lots of MS, Sony and Nintendo ones this year. GAF had them all, lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.