Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    shingi70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Then games that are shareable on 360/720 & PC are comparable to games shareable on PS3 & Vita. Brand exclusive (one publisher,multiple platforms) .

MS and Sony are both moving into multiple device ecosystems. Exclusive IPs will be multiplatform within the publishers brand ecosystem haha. This is already happening with PS3 and Vita. I imagine this trend will continue on into next gen albeit further advanced, and of course MS will have their 720/Win 8 integration on devices like Surface and other smart devices (that have a control solution).
    Its already happening on the Microsoft side as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_6g...e_gdata_player

Skulls of the Shogun
    Fusion Genesis for XBLA intergrates with its windows phone counterpart

Fable coin golf for windows phone intergrates with Fable III

Ascend new gods will also have integration with the windows phone and windows 8 versions.

All Microsoft Studios games going forward will have smart glass support and they have been updating all of their applications to have support for it as well.

I can also see them paying third party developers to intergrate smart glass like they have been doing with kinect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The PS Vita is not a home console. It is a portable gaming device. If we are going to start naming off sources, then I guess the cell phones should be added as well.

If the discussion is about home consoles, then games that are on one console, and not the other, those are considered exclusives. Because this is PS3 vs 360 after all. And nothing else matters outside of these 2 consoles.

Flaw3d Genius
    What happened to PS3 exclusives this fall? Severe lack and the big two that sony put up (LBP Karting & All Stars) against Halo and Forza were not up to standard! Worst year for my PS3 since i picked it up...got very little play.

Hoping for some massive games next year!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    What happened to PS3 exclusives this fall? Severe lack and the big two that sony put up (LBP Karting & All Stars) against Halo and Forza were not up to standard! Worst year for my PS3 since i picked it up...got very little play.

Next year makes amends! You will have about 10 exclusives from Sony on top of an awesome 3rd party line up.

Forum Elder

They say Sony have a habit of releasing exclusives at the wrong time, looks like next year will follow suite.

Soldier 95B
    I am glad MS has always had a good steady stream of exclusives every year on the Xbox. I am also glad Sony has great exclusives too.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    They say Sony have a habit of releasing exclusives at the wrong time, looks like next year will follow suite.
    Thats true. TLOU and GoW should have been released for the xmas holidays while people are spending their money instead of after xmas when everybody has already spent their money and are busy paying off their credit card debts. From a business perspective Sony has always had illogical release windows.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Next year makes amends! You will have about 10 exclusives from Sony on top of an awesome 3rd party line up.
    That will be the year of the PS3! For sure this time! (I'm just kidding around with you Ghost). lol

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    That will be the year of the PS3! For sure this time!
    If i had a dollar for every....haha

The Last of Us i hope is stunning! ND need to blow us away after the lacklustre U3 (it just wasnt as fun as no.2)

GOW i have high hopes for...they know 3 was not as good as 1 or 2 so they will be coming back with a BANG!

What else is coming next year? GT6 hopefully?

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    That will be the year of the PS3! For sure this time! (I'm just kidding around with you Ghost). lol
    You may be kidding, but you have never written truer words than what you wrote here.

Well, they said PS3 hasno games...2013 might be the year that finally disproves it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    If i had a dollar for every....haha The Last of Us i hope is stunning! ND need to blow us away after the lacklustre U3 (it just wasnt as fun as no.2) GOW i have high hopes for...they know 3 was not as good as 1 or 2 so they will be coming back with a BANG! What else is coming next year? GT6 hopefully?
    Yeah gameplay wise UC3 was a step back from U2. As for GOW 3 I felt the constant puzzle solving ruined the pace of the game. I would be a big fan of the series if it was just straight fighting all the way through but thats just me. TLOU looks like it will be a great game though.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    You may be kidding, but you have never written truer words than what you wrote here.
    Well, they said PS3 hasno games...2013 might be the year that finally disproves it.
    Lol Yeah PS3 has had some great exclusives over the years (plus 3rd party) no doubt. The release windows of those exclusives have been questionable at times from a business perspective but saying PS3 has no games is ridiculous. I think that was already disproven a long time ago.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    When internet people say 'year of the PS3', what do they mean? top sales, good games, or? Never understood it

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    When internet people say 'year of the PS3', what do they mean? top sales, good games, or? Never understood it
    I always interpreted it as best games and best sales aka PS3 dominance but I could be wrong.

Forum Elder
    I always interpreted it as best games and best sales aka PS3 dominance but I could be wrong.
    the above.. but with nextgen kicking off next year, it's not going to happen.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Agreed. In fact I think xmas sales numbers will show 360 extending the gap once again.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Fair enough

Yeah next holiday will be interesting. I expect MS to be out with the next Xbox

With Sony putting out TLoU and GoW:A before summer it maybe suggests PS4 for next fall as well, but somehow I doubt it

Flaw3d Genius
    MS might go for another year and i dont think Sony will bring a new machine out next year.

Hope im wrong and we see 2 new console's!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I think MS will be lauching holiday 2013 following announcement at E3. Sony on the other hand I think will launch PS4 sometime after closer to 2014. I think Sony for right now is focusing on regaining profitability and will as a result most likely ride out the PS3 for another year before lauching PS4. All speculation of course.

Flaw3d Genius
    I think MS will be lauching holiday 2013 following announcement at E3. Sony on the other hand I think will launch PS4 sometime after closer to 2014. I think Sony for right now is focusing on regaining profitability and will as a result most likely ride out the PS3 for another year before lauching PS4. All speculation of course.

That would only give them 4-6 months to do PR, That seems far to little as companies when launching consoles tend to go for well over a year.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't really care when the PS4 comes out; I would rather Sony release later in 2014 and get things right. Gen 8 is its chance to right the wrongs and prove that lessons have been learned. There is little point in releasing.

I like what Tretton said at E32012 (5:55). I agree with that approach.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That would only give them 4-6 months to do PR, That seems far to little as companies when launching consoles tend to go for well over a year.
    Didnt 360 get announced at E3 then launched the following Fall? Cant remember. Secondly the way MS markets 6 months would be plenty.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I don't really care when the PS4 comes out; I would rather Sony release later in 2014 and get things right. Gen 8 is its chance to right the wrongs and prove that lessons have been learned. There is little point in releasing. I like what Tretton said at E32012 (5:55). I agree with that approach.
    Great interview. I like Sony's philosophy of gaming and core gamer first. "If the core gamer is happy then we're happy" And in support of the 10 year cycle saying how PS gamers will be getting alot out of their "investment."

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Great interview. I like Sony's philosophy of gaming and core gamer first. "If the core gamer is happy then we're happy" And in support of the 10 year cycle saying how PS gamers will be getting alot out of their "investment."
    Yeah, Jack put forth a lot of really good stuff in it. I dare say the PS3 will get more of these defining exclusives for another few years as it looks to me that Sony is committed to that 10 year life cycle.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah, Jack put forth a lot of really good stuff in it. I dare say the PS3 will get more of these defining exclusives for another few years as it looks to me that Sony is committed to that 10 year life cycle.
    Oh yeah definitely.

Thread Information