Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    How about the God of War games?

And it was rumored, not too long ago, that Evolution Studios were working on another full-fledged MotorStorm title. Polyphony Digital have been known to release two Gran Turismo titles for each PlayStation home console. Then you have developers like Naughty Dog creating new IPs.

I don't really care which company has the longer-lasting IP though. Variety is important. While Microsoft and Nintendo have their own successful franchises, they're often criticized for how much attention they receive.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 07-16-2012 at 22:48.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    The PS3 has a ton of exclusives, way more than the 360, so you have to give the nod to the PS3.
    I know you are new and all, but have you read this entire thread?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Alot of the Xbox exclusives I can play on PC, no need to buy an xbox to play them.
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Alot but not all. No Gears 2 or 3, propably no Gears Judgement, no Forza, no Forza Horizon, no Halo Reach and most likely no Halo 4. (wow, MS needs new IPs. lol).
    Like you said in your post earlier; not everything appeals to you.

To me, and most likely for keefy's post; all the 360 exclusives that appeal to me are available on PC.

Just not a fan of Gears or Halo, and there are dime a dozen racers to cover for Forza so that's not a biggie.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

4. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    How about the God of War games?
    Well ther eis a clasisc case in point of Sony doing some odd things this generaiton.
    Only one GOW after 5 years.
    And it was rumored, not too long ago, that Evolution Studios were working on another full-fledged MotorStorm title.
    At odds with what I heard, which was the company was very lucky to still have its doors open.
    Polyphony Digital have been known to release two titles for each PlayStation home console. Then you have developers like Naughty Dog creating new IPs.
    PD? Who the hell knows what they will do.
    I don't really care which company has the longer-lasting IP though. Variety is important. While Microsoft and Nintendo have their own successful franchises, they're often criticized for how much they attention they receive.
    They are, conversley, no one seem to want to put the boot into an incredibly slack and lax SCE.
    They push KZ3 though the pipeworks, undercooked, cynics would say just to push 3d, and yet leave GOW and GT out in the cold for a very long time.

I dont get it at it times, its like there are 3 different people running SCE.

Thats not to say MS does any better, they are equally strange in some of the dicisions they make.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-16-2012 at 22:50.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

6. Likes F34R likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Like you said in your post earlier; not everything appeals to you. To me, and most likely for keefy's post; all the 360 exclusives that appeal to me are available on PC. Just not a fan of Gears or Halo, and there are dime a dozen racers to cover for Forza so that's not a biggie.
    lol Forza is a far cry from being a "dime a dozen racer." It has alot more features, content and much better DLC support than GT5 has thats for sure. I would rather have one epic racing series than a bunch of mediocre ones. So to say a bunch of dime a dozen racers would make up for it is ridiculous. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-16-2012 at 22:59.

Soldier 95B
    lol Forza is a far cry from being a "dime a dozen racer."
    First time I have heard Forza being called a dime a dozen racer. Oh geez, where to start.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    lol Forza is a far cry from being a "dime a dozen racer." Has alot more features, content and much better DLC support than GT5 has thats for sure.
    No, but for people like me where a lot of thee type of games are very similar. It's really by preference of course, and by no means am I having a go.

I actually really like FOrza 3 when I had a 360. But racers are really more or less the same to me. As in, i'll have as much fun playing a WRC game, or Dirt as GT5 or Forza (though I prefer the latter two).

@Soldier & rad: I'm flattered, as you guys are taking every little word I type too seriously! If it's not like that for you then that's fine, I don't give a $#@! if it's the best ever racer for you guys.

I just don't see racing games that way, is all.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    First time I have heard Forza being called a dime a dozen racer. Oh geez, where to start.
    lol Yep same here. Thats why I love this section. You never know what youre going to hear. Priceless.

Soldier 95B
    That is true, racers can feel all the same to some people. My dad wouldn't know the difference between most of them for example. But then the same can be said about shooting games, platforming games, RPGS, etc. To some, they all feel the same.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That is true, racers can feel all the same to some people. My dad wouldn't know the difference between most of them for example. But then the same can be said about shooting games, platforming games, RPGS, etc. To some, they all feel the same.
    Yep exactly. That can be said about any genre. I feel the same way about JRPGs. So yeah I understand what hes saying now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    lol Yep same here. Thats why I love this section. You never know what youre going to hear. Priceless.
    *sigh*

Jesus Christ. I respect the effort and the quality of the game to smoe people.

$#@!in' hell... No one's trying to be controversial here.
    This is all that I mean.

I don't get why people see it as an insult????

It's not like I've said "Forza is the sucks $#@! the 360 and $#@! you Soldier/rad PS3ftw!!!" - I'm pretty sure I've been reasonable...have I not?

Whether you agree based on your preferences is a different story and I can respect that - but you sure can see it my way or at least not belittle my post as being sensationalist or crazy in that "ou never know what youre going to hear" type of posts...

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    *sigh* Jesus Christ. I respect the effort and the quality of the game to smoe people. $#@!in' hell... No one's trying to be controversial here. This is all that I mean. I don't get why people see it as an insult???? It's not like I've said "Forza is the sucks $#@! the 360 and $#@! you Soldier/rad PS3ftw!!!" - I'm pretty sure I've been reasonable...have I not? Whether you agree based on your preferences is a different story and I can respect that - but you sure can see it my way or at least not belittle my post as being sensationalist or crazy in that "ou never know what youre going to hear" type of posts...
    Read my post above yours that I'm quoting. The part where I said I understand what hes saying now. Secondly chill out a little bit its nothing to get all worked up about.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-16-2012 at 23:08.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Read my post above yours that I'm quoting.
    Thank you.

*phew* I thought I was about to go insane there.

To be clear; like I said earlier, I like(d) Forza; I just tend to lump all those games together.

Soldier 95B
    sucks $#@!...i like that one.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thank you. *phew* I thought I was about to go insane there. To be clear; like I said earlier, I like(d) Forza; I just tend to lump all those games together.
    Its all good. I obviously misunderstood your post. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    sucks $#@!...i like that one.
    Just re-read that - and I think that might be my new forum insult.

If anyone sees me using it from now on - I'm either agreeing where before I disagreed; or I'm at a loss for words.
    Its all good. I obviously misunderstood your post. lol
    No worries.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    So less is more now? lol I like having a wider variety of choices this holiday. Just like in 2013 Sony will propably be the one to give me more choices. And whether or not you have plenty of games to play still doesn't change the fact that Sony has no big exclusives for holiday 2012.

How is it less? The PS3 is still destroying the Xbox in terms of new games and exclusives from now till next year. There is plenty to choose from this holiday. Not sure how waiting for the games to be completed is a bad thing?

At least PS3 users have something to look forward to next year. All Xbox fans have to look forward to is praying and hoping Microsoft announces a new console.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    How is it less? The PS3 is still destroying the Xbox in terms of new games and exclusives from now till next year. There is plenty to choose from this holiday. Not sure how waiting for the games to be completed is a bad thing? At least PS3 users have something to look forward to next year. All Xbox fans have to look forward to is praying and hoping Microsoft announces a new console.
    LMAO What exclusives is the PS3 "destroying" the Xbox with for the rest of 2012? As for 2013 I'll be playing Gears Judgement plus most of the 3rd party games on the 360 since that version is better 9 times out of 10 and on the PS3 I'll be playing 3 games. TLOU, GOW and Beyond. So again what does PS3 have during holiday 2012 to go up against Halo 4 and even Forza Horizon? The fact still yet remains that the PS3 has no major exclusives for 2012 and the 360 does. But you know this which is why you keep saying but..but...2013. lol But tbh I just dont see either "destroying" the other. For 360 I have Halo 4, Forza Horizon and Gears Judgement and for the PS3 I have TLOU, GOW, and Beyond.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-17-2012 at 00:33.

Soldier 95B
    How is it less? The PS3 is still destroying the Xbox in terms of new games and exclusives from now till next year. There is plenty to choose from this holiday. Not sure how waiting for the games to be completed is a bad thing?

At least PS3 users have something to look forward to next year. All Xbox fans have to look forward to is praying and hoping Microsoft announces a new console.
    I know for 2013 I will be getting Gears of War Judgement, Matter, Lococycle, and Ryse so far. For my PS3, I will be getting Last of Us, Beyond and God of War.

Exclusives for 2012 for the PS3 I will be getting Dust 514, assuming it comes out still. For the 360 I will be getting Forza Horizon, Fable Journey and Halo 4 for 2012.

Seems they are pretty even to me. Looking forward to all of them.

Superior Member
    I may be walking into a hornets nest here, but I'm looking forward to what both consoles will be offering in the future.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I may be walking into a hornets nest here, but I'm looking forward to what both consoles will be offering in the future.
    Me too. Halo 4, Forza Horizon, and Gears Judgement for 360 and TLOU, GOW, and Beyond for the PS3. Its going to be great.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-17-2012 at 00:35.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    The 360 is spitting out turds now. Halo 4 will probably be my last purchase on the console. Gears 3 sucked and I couldn't even finish it. The Fable games have all sucked since the original.

E3 pretty much summed up the future of the 360. And it is not good.

The PS3 has so many great titles coming in 2013. And the best part is that they are new IP's. Except God of War, but all those games kick ass.

25. Likes Ghost , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Superior Member
    The 360 is spitting out turds now. Halo 4 will probably be my last purchase on the console. Gears 3 sucked and I couldn't even finish it. The Fable games have all sucked since the original.

E3 pretty much summed up the future of the 360. And it is not good.

The PS3 has so many great titles coming in 2013. And the best part is that they are new IP's. Except God of War, but all those games kick ass.
    LOL! Ok, you win. I'm not one to debate opinions
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    LOL! Ok, you win. I'm not one to debate opinions
    lol Yep same here. No sense in debating over something that is so completely subjective.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-17-2012 at 00:50.

Soldier 95B
    All subjective.
    Exactly. It's no different if someone came in and said "The PS3 is spitting out turds now. Last of Us will probably be my last purchase on the console. Twisted Metal sucked and I couldn't even finish it. The God of War games have all sucked since the original. E3 pretty much summed up the future of the PS3. And it is not good. The 360 has so many great titles coming in 2013. And the best part is that they are new IP's. Except Gears of War, but all those games kick ass".

All a matter of opinion. BTW, the above opinion is NOT my opinion, for the record.

Thread Information