Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Legend of ZeldaInsomniac GamesKonamiNaughty DogNintendoMetal Gear SolidFinal Fantasy XI OnlineDark Souls CoverPlayStationDoomDemons Souls Cover
    playstation easily has the better lineup, unless all you play is shooters

Let's be honest: You sleep with anything that walks on two legs. Sometimes, you're not even that discriminating

2. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This thread isnt even a contest, there a many things i hate about sony and my ps3, but their exclusives aint one of the, they piss all over MS in that regard.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

4. Likes AaronSOLDIER , Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    This thread isnt even a contest, there a many things i hate about sony and my ps3, but their exclusives aint one of the, they piss all over MS in that regard.
    Definitley. Sony has an arsenal of first party games. Thats Sony's big strength and MS weakness.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Definitley. Sony has an arsenal of first party games. Thats Sony's big strength and MS weakness.
    Obviously it isn't a weakness for microsoft... rather, a marketing weakness for Sony.

7. Likes Zswordsman likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Yeah, Microsoft defiantly lacks in exclusives. I wish with all my heart that some of the PS3's exclusives were not, I.E. InFamous, and the Uncharted series.

Just out of curiosity, how well do you think Microsoft would be doing if it have Call of Duty as an exclusive?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Elder
    having an arsenal of 1st party that is mostly lacklustre, is not something i'd call a strength and from MS's side... is it really a weakness to have the biggest selling exclusives along with the biggest selling multi-plats on your system year in, year out?.

in a year (previous as well as this) when there are more games than most will have time to play on 360 from LIVE through retail exclusives to multi-plat, i'm thinking exclusives are not something MS need to worry about anytime soon.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    having an arsenal of 1st party that is mostly lacklustre, is not something i'd call a strength and from MS's side... is it really a weakness to have the biggest selling exclusives
    Halo and what other MS exclusive does 8m+? Sony matches that with Gran Turismo, so ultimately they both sell around the same (Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet all did 4m+ - Forza and Fable barely hit 3m), so moot point really.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

11. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Obviously it isn't a weakness for microsoft... rather, a marketing weakness for Sony.
    Cant argue with that. Sony definitely has a weakness in marketing. In fact even saying that is an understatement. I still wouldn't mind seeing MS put out a couple of new first party staple ips to add to the existing ones.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-23-2012 at 20:35.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Halo and what other MS exclusive does 8m+? Sony matches that with Gran Turismo, so ultimately they both sell around the same (Uncharted, God of War, LittleBigPlanet all did 4m+ - Forza and Fable barely hit 3m), so moot point really.
    Lol. You need to look up some numbers. Either do that, or just concede that the Xbox 360 exclusives outsold the PS3 exclusives.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    having an arsenal of 1st party that is mostly lacklustre, is not something i'd call a strength and from MS's side... is it really a weakness to have the biggest selling exclusives along with the biggest selling multi-plats on your system year in, year out?. in a year (previous as well as this) when there are more games than most will have time to play on 360 from LIVE through retail exclusives to multi-plat, i'm thinking exclusives are not something MS need to worry about anytime soon.
    It will be something MS needs to worry about when the 720 launches. That first couple of years is when exclusives are important as these companies try to lure the consumer to their console by showing off games that their platform has that the other one doesn't. As the consoles move further into their lifecycles then yeah exclusives become less crucial as 3rd party starts getting into full swing. Thats why I think 720 will launch with some solid exclusives that will be more than just Halo, Forza, Gears and Fable (at least I hope). And yeah I agree that 360 exclusive sales cant be denied. At least not intelligently. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-23-2012 at 20:32.

Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Lol. You need to look up some numbers. Either do that, or just concede that the Xbox 360 exclusives outsold the PS3 exclusives.
    Outsold or not, the ps3 exclusives are far superior imo i only buy gears for my 360 as its the only franchise on 360 i even like

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    "Far superior" and "lackluster" are purely subjective. (not directed at you chille. I know you said imo) PS3 fans will say theirs are the best and 360 fans will say theirs are the best. And the wheels on the bus keep on turning.

Dat Guy
    "Far superior" and "lackluster" are purely subjective. (not directed at you chille. I know you said imo) PS3 fans will say theirs are the best and 360 fans will say theirs are the best. And the wheels on the bus keep on turning.
    Btw i will never say the 360 games suck, well i sort of did, but thats my view, everyone as you know has there own likes and dislikes hell alot of the games i like most people probbaly hate!

Thank you itachi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Btw i will never say the 360 games suck, well i sort of did, but thats my view, everyone as you know has there own likes and dislikes hell alot of the games i like most people probbaly hate!
    Yep exactly. These forums would get pretty boring if we all liked the same things.

Dat Guy
    Yep exactly. These forums would get pretty boring if we all liked the same things.
    I agree, it would feel like the neutral planet from futurama

"tell my wife, i said.... Hello"

Thank you itachi

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Outsold or not, the ps3 exclusives are far superior imo i only buy gears for my 360 as its the only franchise on 360 i even like
    I can agree to a degree. I put Uncharted 2 as my fav game this gen, and Killzone 2 came in second. Gears 1/2/3 are all third. However, that's not what I was talking about lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    Lol, Chille.

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Soldier 95B
    With MS having the best selling, as well as the largest variety and quantity of exclusives, I am not sure I can handle much more from them, lol. Add to that the 3rd party games, I need a 3rd mortgage!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Funeralfog View Post
    playstation easily has the better lineup, unless all you play is shooters
    How so?

Sony has far more shooters than MS. (2-SOCOM, 3 -Resistance, 3-Uncharted, 2- Kilzone, Haze, MAG......)

Of course unless you mean "online" which has nothign to do with exlcusives, thats about a decent network.

Also, you $#@! out of luck if you like car racers on the PS3 as well.

What I really dont get is this tag of shooter=360.

Case in point, it's probably because you do like shooters, but not Halo.
    Hence I'm guessing you like Uncharted, Kilzone etc. But not car racing games, or open sandbox games like Crackdown, or something a little differnet like Viva Piniata, or Halo wars.

Also BTW, if you looking for a Family machine..Sony dont even come close this generaiton, not even close.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-23-2012 at 22:40.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I have to ask. Besides Forza what are all these other racing games that the 360 has and the PS3 doesn't? Just curious. We haven't seen a Project Gotham in years. Sony has GT5 and MS has Forza. And both have 3rd party racers so I'm not really understanding this whole "youre SOL if you like racing games on the PS3" thing.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-23-2012 at 23:19.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I have to ask. Besides Forza what are all these other racing games that the 360 has and the PS3 doesn't? Just curious. We haven't seen a Project Gotham in years. Sony has GT5 and MS has Forza. And both have 3rd party racers so I'm not really understanding this whole "youre SOL if you like racing games on the PS3" thing.

Well as you say there is 2 PGR games, 3 Forza games plus third party.

Thats 5 exlcuisves street races in 6 years (soon to be 6 in 7).
    Thats nearly a street racer a year.

Sony on the other hand offer GT5, and you had to wait 4 years for that to come out.

I agree 3rd party is helpfull, but this thread is really about exclusives and if you do actually love you car games.....
    1 game in 6 years is not great.

And anyone who tells you Blur didnt suffer because it was multiplatform is blind.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Full Auto 1
    FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

Um.

Fatal Inertia was retail only on Xbox good game that one.

That's all I've got lol. It's about the same as Sony when you start to include stuff like wipeout and modnation

Via Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Not really, I know for a fact those numbers on Sony's games are legit because they were confirmed shipments from Sony, so I'll let you prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Full Auto 1
    Full Auto 2 is PS3 exclusive :P

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    So, PSN is an inferior service, the PS3 doesn't have as much of a variety of exclusives as the Xbox, and the ones it does have should be mostly disregarded due to average/poor sales, the controller is weak, it's hardly a console for a family, and there's no point in playing MP games on it when I have an Xbox. Am I getting this right?

I, as well as 60m+ people should hang our heads in shame D:

29. Likes sainraja , AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well as you say there is 2 PGR games, 3 Forza games plus third party. Thats 5 exlcuisves street races in 6 years (soon to be 6 in 7). Thats nearly a street racer a year. Sony on the other hand offer GT5, and you had to wait 4 years for that to come out. I agree 3rd party is helpfull, but this thread is really about exclusives and if you do actually love you car games..... 1 game in 6 years is not great. And anyone who tells you Blur didnt suffer because it was multiplatform is blind.
    You mean thats nearly a SEQUEL a year. So basically youre using sequels to inflate that number. Sony also has Motorstorm (3 of them) which imo is a great racing game. I wish the 360 had a Motorstorm type racing game. Anyway I thought you were saying 360 has tons of racing ips that PS3 doesn't. So basically MS has two racing ips and Sony has two racing ips. MS just has more sequels to Forza.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 07-24-2012 at 00:30.

Thread Information