Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 477
  1. #176
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    The PS3 is all about the exclusives. Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, Motorstorm. The show goes on. You'd need a notebook and a week of free time to list every great PS3 exclusive and give them the proper praise.

    The 360? You've got Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza and exclusive Call of Duty DLC for a month or two.. Sounds like fun.
    Whats your criteria for picking games here?
    Are you saying games that are still being produced? Or games that came out in the past 2 years or somehting.

    Selective.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2012 at 09:08.

  2. #177
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    One company has released a varied and diverse line up for the last 4 years and continues to do so, the other has more our less grown stale. I think that is TDs point. Sonys diversity lives now, MSs died years ago.

  3. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  4. #178
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    One company has released a varied and diverse line up for the last 4 years and continues to do so, the other has more our less grown stale. I think that is TDs point. Sonys diversity lives now, MSs died years ago.
    Really, because he didnt he really come across to me as that.
    How did their diversity die years ago.
    Should they have created more sequals?
    3 Viva Piniatas instead of 2?
    3 Crackdowns instead of 2?
    3 PGR's instead of 2?

    I dont get it, MS get $#@! for "rolling out the same games", but Sony get Kudos for ....rolling out the same games..just more of them.

    Tell me how 3 Resistance's or 3 Motostorms is somehow more divers, or less stale than say , 2 Fables, or 3 forzas.

    I dont get it, I really dont.


    I mean, I could see what you are saying, if he had said the Last of Us, or some of the truley diverse games. But Resistance, Motostorm and frigign Infamous?

    I swear, I dont get how MS gets $#@! for sequals and Sony doesnt.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2012 at 10:00.

  5. #179
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    I dont get it, I really dont.


    I mean, I could see what you are saying, if he had said the Last of Us, or some of the truley diverse games. But Resistance, Motostorm and frigign Infamous?

    I swear, I dont get how MS gets $#@! for sequals and Sony doesnt.
    lol So because he didn't list more titles, his point is invalid? The point of the matter is, irrelevant of what the IP is, Sonys range of genres is broader/has been broader for the larger part of this generation. Sony are releasing this year an MMO FPS, a platformer, an IP brawler, a UGC Kart game, next year a hack n slash game, Beyond (whatever the $#@! its classed as lol), a TPS survival horror game, an adventure game (possibly, The Last Guardian) and an RPG (Versus 13 if it comes out next year and is still exclusive.) and whatever else they have up their sleeve (Santa Monica have said they are working on stuff, QD have a second project etc etc. And what is MS releasing? An FPS and racing sim this year and a TPS next year.

  6. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  7. #180
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol So because he didn't list more titles, his point is invalid?
    No, its because if that was is point (they are more diverse) it wasnt really diverse.
    The point of the matter is, irrelevant of what the IP is, Sonys range of genres is broader/has been broader for the larger part of this generation. Sony are releasing this year an MMO FPS, a platformer, an IP brawler, a UGC Kart game, next year a hack n slash game, Beyond (whatever the $#@! its classed as lol), a TPS survival horror game, an adventure game (possibly, The Last Guardian) and an RPG (Versus 13 if it comes out next year and is still exclusive.) and whatever else they have up their sleeve (Santa Monica have said they are working on stuff, QD have a second project etc etc. And what is MS releasing? An FPS, Fable Kinect(whatever the $#@! that is), an open world racing sim this year and a TPS next year.
    Fixed that for you. Don't ever quote The last guardian as an up an coming game, ever.
    Every time you guys do that, they add an additional month to the development release date.

    No one is arguing thast Sony are currently releasing more titles.

    I do take offense and people who decide to say oh we have ...every $#@!ing PS3 titles they can think of under the sun, usually inclduing some obscure Japanese games....and MS has..Fable Gears and Forza.
    And if the cirteria is that MS games that have "finished" shouldn't be counted (such as PGR), then no way in hell can you pull Resistence out of the cupboard.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2012 at 10:34.

  8. #181
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,781
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,546,357 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No, its because if that was is point (they are more diverse) it wasnt really diverse.


    Fixed that for you. Don't ever quote The last guardian as an up an coming game, ever.
    Every time you guys do that, they add an additional month to the development release date.

    No one is arguing thast Sony are currently releasing more titles.

    I do take offense and people who decide to say oh we have ...every $#@!ing PS3 titles they can think of under the sun, usually inclduing some obscure Japanese games....and MS has..Fable Gears and Forza.
    And if the cirteria is that MS games that have "finished" shouldn't be counted (such as PGR), then no way in hell can you pull Resistence out of the cupboard.
    Why not mention these games? Because it doesn't suit you? Both have been confirmed to be in development still for PS3 and tbh I can't see them launching later than x-mas 13. This matter is really a dead horse and there's no point further beating it's battered corpse. Sony have had more exclusives covering a more diverse range of genres for the last 4 years, try and bring back titles from almost half a decade ago if you want, I care more about the present and the future, both of which belong to Sony in this regard, as they have since 2008.

  9. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  10. #182
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Why not mention these games? Because it doesn't suit you? Both have been confirmed to be in development still for PS3 and tbh I can't see them launching later than x-mas 13.
    What games? Last Guardian? Come on, no one knows when that going to be released, $#@! I can show you "games of 2010" and the last guardian was on it. The other named games on your list have nothing to do with Sony. And the ones you rumoured are well rumoured they might be PS4 games for all we know.
    Why do you guys pluck every rumour and possible rumour you can find and count it?
    May as well be adding Alan Wake 2 and pGr5 to the xbox line up in that case they are rumoured too..
    This matter is really a dead horse and there's no point further beating it's battered corpse. Sony have had more exclusives covering a more diverse range of genres for the last 4 years, try and bring back titles from almost half a decade ago if you want, I care more about the present and the future, both of which belong to Sony in this regard, as they have since 2008.
    I'm not the one bringing back dead titles here. Id argue Sony didnt get their groove on untill 2009 TBH.
    Resistance is dead and buried, Motostorm is dead and buried. I didnt bring them up.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2012 at 11:15.

  11. #183
    Dat Guy
    Chille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Your House.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,119
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    783 (1,060,841 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    What games? Last Guardian? Come on, no one knows when that going to be released, $#@! I can show you "games of 2010" and the last guardian was on it. The other games on your list have nothing to do with Sony.

    I'm not the one bringing back dead titles here. Id argue Sony didnt get their groove on untill 2009 TBH.
    Resistance is dead and buried, Motostorm is dead and buried. I didnt bring them up.
    The reason there dead and buried is because sony understands not to milk the same game every year *cough* Forza so yeah gimme more new ips



    Thank you itachi

  12. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
  13. #184
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    The reason there dead and buried is because sony understands not to milk the same game every year *cough* Forza so yeah gimme more new ips
    ROFL..classic.

    How many Motostorm games on the PS3?
    How many Forza games are on the 360.

    FAIL.

    The last original core retail game Sony released on the PS3 was what?

    We all want new IP's.
    Actually I just what good games.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-25-2012 at 12:09.

  14. #185
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    There are a lot more reasons to buy a console than exclusives. It appears to me that there is a lot of emotion on this whole Xbox vs Playstation debate, which I really don't seem to get.

    The exclusives debate seems to be a vehicle by which some drive this debate. I enjoy both consoles but my enjoyment has nothing to do with exclusive games.

    To be honest, anyone who claims that one console is "better" than the other is most likely attempting to justify their purchase. Just enjoy your console and let others enjoy their console. One
    who attempts to elevate themselves by putting down others only makes themselves look silly.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  15. Likes BBK.. likes this post
  16. #186
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,530
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    160,700 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It really doesnt mater if its differnet, a sequal, a new ip or an old ip. As long as the games is enjoyable, and people actually like it, then who really gives a flying?

    The situaiton seems to change.

    Once it was "We might not have the most -but we have the best looking"
    Then it was "We have the most"
    Now its "we have more diverse new IP's".

    <sighs> meanwhile people keep buying games they enjoy.
    Thats is not to say I wouldnt mind some of the games I enjoyed from the past coming back.
    I also dont mind new things as long as they are good games.

  17. #187
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,780
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,279 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    There are a lot more reasons to buy a console than exclusives. It appears to me that there is a lot of emotion on this whole Xbox vs Playstation debate, which I really don't seem to get.

    The exclusives debate seems to be a vehicle by which some drive this debate. I enjoy both consoles but my enjoyment has nothing to do with exclusive games.

    To be honest, anyone who claims that one console is "better" than the other is most likely attempting to justify their purchase. Just enjoy your console and let others enjoy their console. One
    who attempts to elevate themselves by putting down others only makes themselves look silly.
    If I was to walk into a store to buy a brand new console, I'd look at the exclusives, not the multiplats, whichever one has the best exclusives that suits my tastes gets my money. Of course it doesn't matter if you're gonna just pick both up. But for those who only buy one, the exclusives are they key and drive sales.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  18. #188
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,784
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,549 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Who would tie themselves to just one console though? I mean, if you at an age where your parents still buy you everything then fair enough i can understand why you would be choosy but when you earn your own money i can't see why someone would actively only have the choice of one.

  19. #189
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,780
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,279 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yeah I kinda agree though I don't a 360 because there's nothing there I genuinely want to play that isn't on PC or PS3. Same reason I didn't get an Xbox 1, because pretty much everything was on PC (Morrowind, Fable, Halo etc.)

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  20. #190
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah I kinda agree though I don't a 360 because there's nothing there I genuinely want to play that isn't on PC or PS3. Same reason I didn't get an Xbox 1, because pretty much everything was on PC (Morrowind, Fable, Halo etc.)
    Surprised, genuinely, that it took almost 9 pages of forum posts before the "I can play it on PC" argument came out LOL
    LMAO

  21. #191
    Super Carlton
    33x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    SW London
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Age
    33
    Posts
    13,457
    Rep Power
    102
    Points
    31,821 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    $#@! pc gaming!

    Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

  22. #192
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    $#@! pc gaming!
    LMAO I said that years ago when Crysis came out.

    I just got fed up with constant upgrades
    LMAO

  23. #193
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,780
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,279 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I haven't upgraded my system for 3 years, although I can't play any new games without a terrible framerate. Anything up to 2009 med-max settings is fine.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  24. #194
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    prob me being lazy aaron, but i like just going to buy a game and knowing it will work at the resolution intended
    LMAO

  25. #195
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    22
    Posts
    20,780
    Rep Power
    118
    Points
    68,279 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    So do I but some games on consoles are pretty poor framerate wise like the Fallout games, much better on PC, especially the buggy mess that is New Vegas.

    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

  26. #196
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,394,444 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    So do I but some games on consoles are pretty poor framerate wise like the Fallout games, much better on PC, especially the buggy mess that is New Vegas.
    It does come with its hitches that is for sure, but just the conveniences outweigh the bads for me personally.

    I wouldn't mind owning a gaming rig again at some point, especially since things are so cheap, but I am enjoying my three consoles right now.
    LMAO

  27. #197
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    $#@! pc gaming!
    Although I would has phrased it differently, I whole-heartedly agree. PC gaming sucks, plain & simple.

    I'd much rather have an inexpensive laptop for computer use and an Xbox for gaming. It's cheaper, it will always run the game without expensive upgrades and I can sit back and relax in my favorite recliner while playing it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  28. #198
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,869
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    60,052 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Yeah I kinda agree though I don't a 360 because there's nothing there I genuinely want to play that isn't on PC or PS3. Same reason I didn't get an Xbox 1, because pretty much everything was on PC (Morrowind, Fable, Halo etc.)
    I used to think that way and didn't buy my first 360 til around 2007/2008. I regret that now because it looks like I won't get caught up on the great games that it offers before the next gen arrives. I realized that xbox360 does offer things that you can't get anywhere else, including on the PC.

  29. #199
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,784
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,549 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    $#@! pc gaming!
    Behave!

    I won't have you talk bad about the best platform (for me) out there. But seriously, PC gaming is far superior. Why you say? Because it just is. Honestly, whatever consoles can do. We can do better



    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    LMAO I said that years ago when Crysis came out.

    I just got fed up with constant upgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    It does come with its hitches that is for sure, but just the conveniences outweigh the bads for me personally.

    I wouldn't mind owning a gaming rig again at some point, especially since things are so cheap, but I am enjoying my three consoles right now.
    The classic 'constant upgrade' myth! It only took a few posts about PC before that myth reared it's ugly head. I've not upgraded anything in my PC for the last two years - still playing most games on High/Ultra settings at 1080. Now if you said 'you wanted to upgrade every year because a new GPU was released and you always felt like you had to have the bleeding edge of tech and had more money than sense' I would've agreed.

    On an semi-related note, you may find this link of some use Cuguy (if you did want to dabble in the PC heavens again) Build a PC with 4x current console power for 300

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Although I would has phrased it differently, I whole-heartedly agree. PC gaming sucks, plain & simple.

    I'd much rather have an inexpensive laptop for computer use and an Xbox for gaming. It's cheaper, it will always run the game without expensive upgrades and I can sit back and relax in my favorite recliner while playing it.
    See first video.

    To say it sucks is a bit of a stretch really. We get the same games as you, apart from console exclusives, albeit with a better input device and can use any input we want to. Want motion control? No problem. Oh, you want to use Kinect? Easy. A racing wheel you say? Go wild! Want to use your 360 and/or PS3 pad? Sure, go ahead.... you can see where i am going with that.

    Only area a console can surpass a PC (imo) is the initial price but then go through a few PC game sales and you end up buying many more games than you would with a console.


  30. #200
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    840
    Rep Power
    22
    Points
    7,850 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    If I was to walk into a store to buy a brand new console, I'd look at the exclusives, not the multiplats, whichever one has the best exclusives that suits my tastes gets my money. Of course it doesn't matter if you're gonna just pick both up. But for those who only buy one, the exclusives are they key and drive sales.
    I can tell you from personal experience that this is not always the case. My kids for example game mainly on the 360 because that is what their friends game on. That's the only way they can play on line with their friends.

    I'm sure that they are not the only ones out there that buy a console because of what their friends have. If they want to play with their friends they play Live.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.